What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 24 WR's for 2014... (1 Viewer)

Da Gildz

Footballguy
The RB thread for 2014 inspired this list...For this list, i'm using NON-PPR format

1. Megatron - zzzz

2. Damaryius Thomas - On pace for 1,400+ and 16 td's..

3. AJ Green - Dalton or not, AJ is just straight filthy

4.. Dez Bryant - Pretty much on pace with D Thomas, easy top 4 choice

5. B-Marsh - Quietly? having monster season, as consistent as they come

6. D-Jax - Finally realizing his full potential in 2013. Foles boosts him even more IMO with Vick being hit or miss.

7. Julio Jones - Was averaging 116 yds/game before the injury. The sky was the limit this year..oh well

8. TY Hilton - TY launches up the boards in 2014. Being Lucks right hand man doesnt hurt things.

9. Jordy Nelson - Most people wont realize how insanely productive he was this year when u factor in these Rodgers'-less games , 'was' on pace for 1,400+ and 14 td's with Rodgers at the helm

10. Pierre Garcon - Taking that next step many anticipated. If his TD totals increased, he could be a top-5 option in 2014

11. Andre Johnson - Putting that age argument to rest in 2013. Granted the last 2 weeks have skewed his stats, its clear he still has many miles left in the tank

12. V-Jax - The Bucs are terrible, VJax is not. As putrid as they've been, he's on pace for 1,260 and 8 scores

13. Josh Gordon - He's easily a top-10 talent but the QB situation/team holds him back some. May be a few spots to high even, but just cant resist his big play ability

14. Victor Cruz - Has been somewhat quiet for him due to poor QB play. But still, this kid is a beast putting up solid #'s even on a horrible Eli year.

15. Keenan Allen - Love the talent. I dont think he puts up those 'elite' #'s next year but well worthy of WR2 status

16. Reuben Randle - All signs point to Nicks being gone. With only 26 rec's, he has 423 yds and 5 scores :o - The writing is on the wall here.

17. Randle Cobb - I'm shopping at value town here. If i get this guy in this area, i'm self high-fiving.

18. Antonio Brown - More value in PPR leagues but he's easily WR2 worthy in 2014

19. Wes Welker - Did anyone realize he has 9 td's already? He's actually been more valuable in non-ppr leagues...go figure

20. Alshon Jeffery - Looks like he took that leap in 2013. Would love to see his TD total jump, but he's clearly a force , has top-10 upside IMO

21. Percy Harvin - I expect him to come back strong win some people playoff games. He'll be taken here with WR1 upside

22. Roddy White - Chalk it up to a lost season. He's got great value next year as a low-mid end WR2

23. Terrance Williams - See Reuben Randle above, has high upside WR2 written all over it

24. Riley Cooper - 2 games or not, 5 td's and 240 yds?? He's obviously got a crazy connection with Foles. Could even be a low ranking here

Just missing out... Torrry Smith (thx to Flacco), Colston, Fitz, Wayne, Decker, Golden Tate, James Jones, Denarius Moore, Nicks)

Thanks, any feedback is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Megatron

2. AJ Green

3. Julio Jones

4. Jordy Nelson

5. D. Thomas

6. D. Bryant

7. Garcon

8. A. Johnson

9. V. Jackson

10. D. Jackson

11. Welker

12. Cruz

13. Decker

14. Dobson...know I will be much higher than most but he's developing nicely

15. T. Smith

16. Fitzgerald

17. K. Allen

18. J. Gordon

19. Jeffrey

20. A. Brown...top 10 in PPR

21. Cobb

22. D. Hopkins

23. Harvin

24. Crabtree

25. Sammy Watkins

Basically, this is off the top of my head. Went on gut instinct.

I see Julio higher than many do. Was completely dominant before getting hurt. With Gonzalez gone next year and Roddy on the last few holes, he'll lead the NFL in targets next year.

People will rip me for Dobson, but he's growing nicely and will become Brady's WR1.

Nelson remains underrated. He's just exceptional.

I also know I have Garcon higher than most, but he's having a top 12 year and RG III was poor for several weeks. (And I hate the Skins)

No Hilton?
While I can't argue with anyone that puts him in the top 25, I'm just not sold yet. He's with guys like Nicks, Randle, Woods, and Roddy White for that next group between 25-30. If he really turns it on without Wayne, then he could jump into the top 15 as having Luck as your QB will automatically bump your ranking if you can be consistent.

No Hilton?
While I can't argue with anyone that puts him in the top 25, I'm just not sold yet. He's with guys like Nicks, Randle, Woods, and Roddy White for that next group between 25-30. If he really turns it on without Wayne, then he could jump into the top 15 as having Luck as your QB will automatically bump your ranking if you can be consistent.
Wow ok. I thought Hilton would be a lock top-15 choice for most people. And thats low in my eyes. Him and luck will only get better moving fwd..

I don't deny for a minute that I could either incorrect and/or out of the mainstream with regard to the consensus surrounding Hilton. He's shown some flashes and clearly has ability, but I'm thinking he's more of a WR3 at this point, understanding full well that he can legitimately be seen as an WR2 for 2014

Hilton is an easy Top 24 and could very well break into the Top 10. He's got the talent, he's got the QB (Luck really is Manning 2.0 in how he studies), he's got the right kind of team (ok defense, ok run game), he plays indoors, he's making the case to be the #1 in Wayne's absence.

Hard not to like him. And yes, I own him in a keeper. Only guys I'd trade him for are Megatron, Julio, Demaryius, Green and maybe Dez. ETA: Marshall.

There's a very good pool of players out there, just as there was this year. Very curious to see who rises and falls. There are still a lot of weeks left, and I'm of the inclination that guys like Hilton and Gordon are going to play themselves into being 2nd-tier stars after the likes of Calvin/Dez/Demaryius/Green/Marshall/Julio.

Vincent Jackson I expect to drop a bit next year, at least by ADP. He'll probably be taken around the same place Wayne was this year, and might provide value there.

You guys with Gordon so far down your lists need to give your damn heads a shake.

With hoyer back, he'll be a top 5 WR, and you can take that to the bank, brohans

RIP SWC

Hilton is an easy Top 24 and could very well break into the Top 10. He's got the talent, he's got the QB (Luck really is Manning 2.0 in how he studies), he's got the right kind of team (ok defense, ok run game), he plays indoors, he's making the case to be the #1 in Wayne's absence.

Hard not to like him. And yes, I own him in a keeper. Only guys I'd trade him for are Megatron, Julio, Demaryius, Green and maybe Dez.
He had 2 good games out of 7 while Wayne was healthy and was averaging WR4 numbers. Do you really think Indy will go into next year with just Hilton and DHB? They will go after someone like Nicks and Hilton will go back to being a boom or bust WR3/4.

You guys with Gordon so far down your lists need to give your damn heads a shake.
The problem with Gordon (aside from QB question marks) is that he's a knucklehead. Can't confine him to the team facility, so he's bound to do something newsworthy.

Hard not to like him. And yes, I own him in a keeper. Only guys I'd trade him for are Megatron, Julio, Demaryius, Green and maybe Dez.
He had 2 good games out of 7 while Wayne was healthy and was averaging WR4 numbers. Do you really think Indy will go into next year with just Hilton and DHB? They will go after someone like Nicks and Hilton will go back to being a boom or bust WR3/4.
But Wayne isn't healthy now, and at his age, it's unclear what next year will bring. In the 2 games since Wayne was lost, he is averaging 10 targets/game, 7 catches/game, 70% catch rate, 125 yards/game, and has 3 TDs. If he puts up anything close to those numbers, I see NO REASON why the Colts would feel the need to go get a guy like Nicks (or any other WR) as their "WR1."

If anything, the opposite is happening here. Hilton is showing he can carry the load as a true #1.

Assuming he doesn't throw his career away in the offseason, Blackmon is going to be a force to be reckoned with if JAX takes a qb early.

better make room for Tavon
Until the Rams get reliable, consistent QB play, Austin is no better than a high end WR3. He's got the talent to be top 15, but will be as inconsistent as the QB under center. FWIW, I just can't put a guy in my top 24 who has such shoddy QB play on a consistent basis.

I think Allen is a guy that can sneak into the top 10. Gates will be another year older, thrusting Allen even further into the #1 receiving option.

He's a second year guy with some stuff to work on. He busted his ### in the offseason, fended off a threat (DHB), seized an opportunity to take the #1. I'm sure they will find another WR. Maybe Wayne will come back. Maybe it will be Nicks. I don't know the contract details, but I'd be surprised if it's DHB. Dude sucks.

I get it. You don't like Hilton. You said so last August. Looks like you were off on this one and missed an opportunity.

This is pretty much my thinking as well, as I've posted in the DHB and Hilton threads. DHB already has the edge as the starter, he has a first round pedigree (top 10 was a reach, but he was going in the first that year), he's bigger, and he's probably got slightly better hands. If I have room on my roster, I think DHB is a great flyer. There is no way in hell I'm drafting Hilton ahead of Miles Austin. The Hilton hype has reach lunacy levels.
AND they lived by the deep ball. They are basically doing a 180 this year with a short passing game. I love watching Hilton skyrocketing up ADPs. I've seen him near WR24 recently. Hilarious.
I wouldn't touch him at WR28. FF Calculator has him at WR24 now.

That's going ahead of guys like Wallace, Steve Smith, and Miles Austin. Unless Hilton catches a disproportionate number of TDs this year, I think he is a really bad draft pick in the 6th/7th round. Really bad. Huge gamble but what is the upside for a guy with such limited snaps?

With hoyer back, he'll be a top 5 WR, and you can take that to the bank, brohans

RIP SWC
Can't list him top 5 if he hasn't shown the ability to avoid self-destructing for an extended period of time ala Blackmon

Fitz has shoddy QB play on a consistent basis.
Agreed. I overstated the point in my Austin post. Still, because Fitz is a top 5 player talent wise, he cracks my top 20. Austin, while being athletically gifted is not quite in that class, hence the omission from this list.

1. Megatron

2. AJ Green

3. Julio Jones

4. Jordy Nelson

5. D. Thomas

6. D. Bryant

7. Garcon

8. A. Johnson

9. V. Jackson

10. D. Jackson

11. Welker

12. Cruz

13. Decker

15. T. Smith

16. Fitzgerald

17. K. Allen

18. J. Gordon

19. Jeffrey

21. Cobb

22. D. Hopkins

23. Harvin

24. Crabtree

25. Sammy Watkins
Did Brandon Marshall at least make your top #30?

1. Megatron

2. AJ Green

3. Julio Jones

4. Jordy Nelson

5. D. Thomas

6. D. Bryant

7. Garcon

8. A. Johnson

9. V. Jackson

10. D. Jackson

11. Welker

12. Cruz

13. Decker

15. T. Smith

16. Fitzgerald

17. K. Allen

18. J. Gordon

19. Jeffrey

21. Cobb

22. D. Hopkins

23. Harvin

24. Crabtree

25. Sammy Watkins
Did Brandon Marshall at least make your top #30?
seriously.. I think I'd rank Marshall 7th and Alshon Jeffrey closer to 12th for that matter.

Terrible oversight on my part. Plug Marshall in at 5 overall. Thanks for the catch. Did the list from memory, which clearly was not the best idea.

This makes no sense. I'd say the fact that Hilton has flourished without Wayne is showing that he is not just some speed guy who needs a legit number 1 NFL WR alongside him to take the coverage away from him to produce. Hilton is producing just fine with no other good WRs around him. That speaks volumes about him.

Hard not to like him. And yes, I own him in a keeper. Only guys I'd trade him for are Megatron, Julio, Demaryius, Green and maybe Dez. ETA: Marshall.
you should offer hilton for any of those guys and then wait for the other guys reaction. you are bonkers if you think Hilton is in any of those guys stratosphere. he's a great #2 but will never be a number 1.

1. Megatron

2. AJ Green

3. Julio Jones

4. Jordy Nelson

5. D. Thomas

6. D. Bryant

7. Garcon

8. A. Johnson

9. V. Jackson

10. D. Jackson

11. Welker

12. Cruz

13. Decker

15. T. Smith

16. Fitzgerald

17. K. Allen

18. J. Gordon

19. Jeffrey

21. Cobb

22. D. Hopkins

23. Harvin

24. Crabtree

25. Sammy
I think you forgot Marshall

you should offer hilton for any of those guys and then wait for the other guys reaction. you are bonkers if you think Hilton is in any of those guys stratosphere.he's a great #2 but will never be a number 1.
I'm not saying he's in that top tier. That's why I'd trade him for any of those guys. I do think he's in the next tier of #1 WRs and he's playing like it.

If Hilton is WR1 on the Colts next year, you could make a case for him being a Top 10 WR. He's 14th in points for WR in my 0.5 PPR league.

Torrey Smith too high. No way I'd want him over Allen, Jeffery, Cobb, Gordon etc
I havent checked since...

but going into week 10 Torrey Smith was 7th in the NFL in receiving yardage.

And he's young and improving.
I guess over the course of the season it averages out and he's up there, but I'd prefer just a bit more consistency from a WR I'm spending a high pick on, and one in a better offense than the Ravens offense.

1. Megatron

2. Julio jones

3. AJ Green

4. Josh Gordon

5. Demariyus Thomas

6. Dez Bryant

7. Brandon Marshall

8. Antonio brown

9. Jordy Nelson

10. Keenan Allen

11. Pierre Garçon

12. Desean jackson

13. Andre Johnson

14. Alshon Jeffery

15. Vjax

16. Cruz

17. Fitzgerald

18. Welker

19. Percy harvin

20. Torrey Smith

21. Roddy White

22. Randall Cobb

23. Jeremy Maclin

24. Reggie Wayne

25. Eric Decker

26. T.Y. Hilton

27. Michael Floyd

28. Golden Tate

29. Reuben randle

30. Aaron Dobson

Forgot Blackmon. Not sure where he goes, 15th area?

T Williams doesn't belong at #23 - he is far from a polished receiver at this point. Hopkins is too high as well, he doesn't belong on this list.

I love when people make lists - true back and forth dialogue always follows, so I appreciate the effort.

Where is Justin Hunter? Guy will be a beast next year.

Top-10 bold prediction

1.Josh Gordon
2.Demaryius Thomas
3.Julio Jones
4.Calvin Johnson
5.Brandon Marshall
6. Victor Cruz

7. A.J. Green

8. Dez Bryant

9. Jordy Nelson

10. Vincent Jackson

Josh Gordon is the second coming. I hope Cleveland can get a respectable RB and maybe keep a QB around.

Its inevitable the Calvin will eventually finish outside of the #1 receiver.

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Josh Gordon
3. Demaryius Thomas
4. Dez Bryant
5. AJ Green
6. Julio Jones
7. Brandon Marshall
8. Andre Johnson
9. Victor Cruz
10. Alshon Jeffery
11. Percy Harvin
12. Antonio Brown
13. Randall Cobb
14. Pierre Garcon
15. Keenan Allen
16. Michael Crabtree
17. Larry Fitzgerald
18. Vincent Jackson
19. Wes Welker
20. TY Hilton
21. DeSean Jackson
22. Justin Blackmon
23. Jordy Nelson
24. Michael Floyd
25. Eric Decker

Just Missed:
Julian Edelman
Mike Wallace
Kendall Wright
Rueben Randle
Jeremy Maclin
Dwayne Bowe
Torrey Smith
Tavon Austin
Cordarrelle Patterson
Justin Hunter
Reggie Wayne
Roddy White

& to Riley Cooper, What about Maclin??? Anyone outside DJax will produce in that spot... I really believe in Maclin! 1000 + yd WR No doubt!

BWill said:
& to Riley Cooper, What about Maclin??? Anyone outside DJax will produce in that spot... I really believe in Maclin! 1000 + yd WR No doubt!
Who says he's even back with Philly next year

Users who are viewing this thread