What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 3 movies you love that no one else has seen (1 Viewer)

I had a hard time coming up with just three. Here's a start:

Little Dieter Needs to Fly

Matewan

The Dish

Can't say enough good things about Little Dieter Needs to Fly. I beg you all to see that movie.

More movies I highly recommend that are under the radar:

The Story of the Weeping Camel

Dear Frankie

The Iron Monkey

Blood in Blood Out: Bound By Honor

Citizen X

House Of Saddam

American Splendor

Elephant

Generation Kill

Sometimes in April
Excellent movie, came in here to post that one.Some good, some funny and some just plain silly...

The Comrades of Summer

Searching for Bobby Fisher

Juice

The Serpent & the Rainbow

The Last Seduction

Diggstown

Gladiator (Not the Mel Gibson one, the 1992 movie about underground fighting.)

Krush Groove

Matewan

The Dish

Can't say enough good things about Little Dieter Needs to Fly. I beg you all to see that movie.

Dear Frankie

The Iron Monkey

Citizen X

House Of Saddam

American Splendor

Elephant

Generation Kill

Sometimes in April
Excellent movie, came in here to post that one.Some good, some funny and some just plain silly...

The Comrades of Summer

Juice

The Last Seduction

Diggstown

Krush Groove
Mel Gibson was in Gladiator?

Matewan

The Dish

Dear Frankie

The Iron Monkey

Citizen X

House Of Saddam

American Splendor

Elephant

Generation Kill

Sometimes in April
Saw Blood in Blood out in the theater.....along with American Me.

A few more:

Thumbsucker

Alpha Dog

Hard Candy

Green Street Hooligans

25th Hour

A Good Year

Confederate States of America
Saw that movie on a reco from someone on these boards. Great movie!
Most people I know who have seen this really like it...maybe you have to be into soccer to truly appreciate it, but I really did not enjoy it.
:excited: I'm not into soccer or fighting, but I really liked it. Everyone has their own taste, I guess.
Football Factory is better.

Matewan

The Dish

Dear Frankie

The Iron Monkey

Citizen X

House Of Saddam

American Splendor

Elephant

Generation Kill

Sometimes in April
Saw Blood in Blood out in the theater.....along with American Me.
Vatos locos forever.

Inside Moves - Basketball and friendships. "Hey Jeerrrrry!"

Racing With the Moon - Early Sean Penn film about friends enlisting for WWII.

The Hollywood Knights - 1980 Comedy in the mold of American Graffitti.

Jayrok said:
Inside Moves - Basketball and friendships. "Hey Jeerrrrry!"

Racing With the Moon - Early Sean Penn film about friends enlisting for WWII.

The Hollywood Knights - 1980 Comedy in the mold of American Graffitti.
I like all 3.Inside Moves once took me about a week to remember the title.

Darth Cheney said:
mon said:
' said:
A few more:

Thumbsucker

Alpha Dog

Hard Candy

Green Street Hooligans

25th Hour

A Good Year

Confederate States of America
Saw that movie on a reco from someone on these boards. Great movie!
Most people I know who have seen this really like it...maybe you have to be into soccer to truly appreciate it, but I really did not enjoy it.
:towelwave: I'm not into soccer or fighting, but I really liked it. Everyone has their own taste, I guess.
Football Factory is better.
Hooligans has a higher rating at IMDB, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'll give it a shot.

Over the Edge

1979 flick with a young Matt Dillon about a group of suburban teenagers who get sick of their conformist parents, trap them all in the school auditorium, and riot through the town.

Sounds cliche, but it was very well done.

The Fearless Vampire Killers. I don't have time to dig for 2 more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the Edge

1979 flick with a young Matt Dillon about a group of suburban teenagers who get sick of their conformist parents, trap them all in the school auditorium, and riot through the town.

Sounds cliche, but it was very well done.
Awesome flick, haven't seen it since the early 80's.

jdoggydogg said:
Being There
This is a good example. Underrated.
Agreed. It is one of my top five movies (non-hardcore comedy - though its pretty dam funny). I didn't mention because it was such an awarded movie - at least cast anyway ...do we think that FBGs haven't seen this movie? BTW - for anyone who hasn't - its a must see.
I bet a lot of people haven't seen this movie.

I have to post this review I just wrote in the Recently Viewed Rental thread:

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Wow. What an awesome movie. I loved it. One of the best movies I've seen in years. If you read the description of the movie, you may get turned off. A French-language movie about a guy fully paralyzed by a stroke doesn't sound sexy. But this is fresh, vibrant, funny, touching work. Outstanding. Huge thumbs up.

Gadfly said:

Matewan

The Dish

Dear Frankie

The Iron Monkey

Citizen X

House Of Saddam

American Splendor

Elephant

Generation Kill

Sometimes in April

The Comrades of Summer

Juice

The Last Seduction

Diggstown

Krush Groove
Mel Gibson was in Gladiator?
:toilet: that's what I get for posting after midnight

You loved Spanish Prisoner? How do you feel about Mamet's other movies? I think Prisoner is the weakest of his popular films.
I thought it was an okay movie, though Martin was miscast.Only one film of his have I found unwatchable: Oleanna.William H. Macy and some frizzy haired girl arguing gender politics--and then he beats the crap out of her at the end.

Tape

Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman and the dude who shot himself in "Dead Poet's Society".

It takes place entirely in a hotel room, and centers around whether Thurman had been raped by "Dead Poet's" guy ten years earlier.

Happy Accidents (2000): Marisa Tomei and Vincent D'Onofrio. I'm a sucker for anything with time-travel in it. Weird love story that was done pretty well. Also has a great cameo by Anthony Michael Hall.

Gloomy Sunday (2003): Good WWII film based around the legend of the song "Gloomy Sunday" being dubbed the "Hungarian suicide song", and love triangle (square?) between a restaurant owners wife, a pianist and a SS officer in Budapest.

City of Hope (1991): John Sayles flick that was my first experience with the film making style that was made popular by movies like "Short Cuts" and "Crash", where the storylines are all inter-connected.

Wow. What an awesome movie. I loved it. One of the best movies I've seen in years. If you read the description of the movie, you may get turned off. A French-language movie about a guy fully paralyzed by a stroke doesn't sound sexy. But this is fresh, vibrant, funny, touching work. Outstanding. Huge thumbs up.
meh I wasn't feeling it dogg , wife loved it

Sleepers - 1996- Kevin Bacon, Robert De Niro. After a prank goes disastrously wrong, a group of boys are sent to a detention center where they are brutalized; over 10 years later, they get their chance for revenge.

One on One - 1977 - Robby Benson. Story of a high school basketball phenom who wins a scholarship to a big time college program only to learn that life is bigger than the sport he loves. When he fails to meet the expectations of his coach he fights to keep the scholarship his coach wants to take away. "School supplies"

They Call Me Trinity - 1971 - One of a few spaghetti western films starring Terrence Hill. My Name is Nobody, Trinity is Still My Name are other fun movies of the same genre.

Going to be pretty hard to stump the FFA, so I won't even bother going too obscure.

American Movie

Buffalo Soliders

Bound

Bottle Rocket

Blood Simple

Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys

Diggstown (Someone else mentioned this, criminally under appreciated 90s classic)

Hard Core Logo

Hudson Hawk

Judgment Night

Layer Cake

London

Lost Highway

Orphanage

Outside Providence

Owning Mahoney

Running Scared

Shallow Grave

SLC Punk

Very Bad Things

Way of the Gun

Short list of some of my favorites.

You loved Spanish Prisoner? How do you feel about Mamet's other movies? I think Prisoner is the weakest of his popular films.
I thought it was an okay movie, though Martin was miscast.Only one film of his have I found unwatchable: Oleanna.William H. Macy and some frizzy haired girl arguing gender politics--and then he beats the crap out of her at the end.
I haven't seen Oleanna. My favorite Mamet movies from top to bottom:Glenngarry Glenn RossSpartanHeistHouse of GamesThings Change State and Main The Winslow Boy RedbeltThe Spanish Prisoner

meh I wasn't feeling it dogg , wife loved it
:thumbup: to you. :shrug: to Mrs. HellToupee.

;)

bring me the head of alfredo garcia

ravenous

blind shaft

ghost in the shell
Good one, I always love recommending it for people looking for something different. Some good ole fashioned cannibalism to some nifty banjo music. Neal McDonough's best role.

Most of mine have been mentioned (Hard Candy, SLC Punk, Run Lola Run, Oldboy, The Football Factory, Metropolitan, Layer Cake, et al), so I'll add:

Prospero's Books

Léon: The Professional

Hamlet (version with Kenneth Brannagh)

Probably not esoteric enough, but good flicks.

Matewan

The Dish

Dear Frankie

The Iron Monkey

Citizen X

House Of Saddam

American Splendor

Elephant

Generation Kill

Sometimes in April

The Comrades of Summer

Juice

The Last Seduction

Diggstown

Krush Groove
Love the final fight in Gladiator with Cuba Gooding Jr vs Brian Dennehy. Dennehy's tactics of headbutting every punch Gooding tries to throw are classic!

Users who are viewing this thread