What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Advice - Do I need to Bring In a Top Tier QB To Round Out My Roster? (1 Viewer)

kroc0005

Footballguy
While I don’t intend to accept the following offer, it got me thinking if I should try to round out my roster at QB after Cam was offered from a guy that is hurting for some backs and WRs:

Give me Cam Newton and RB Jordan Howard (CHI)

for

my Demarco Murray and TY Hilton

**I DON’T INTEND TO ACCEPT**

But it gets me thinking – does anyone think I should make a play for a top 5 or 10 QB or just keep at my plug and play QB strategy? Both DM and TY are top or top 5 at their positions, so I don't think I can recoup pts they get over other RBs or WRs based on his offer. My QB plug and play has been hit or miss, the rest of the team is helping to carry my success. 

12 team league, 1/2 pt PPR, 15 man roster - Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

• Bonus points for TDs over 50 yds and yardage over 100 yds.

• (So WRs and pass catching RBs are good in my league)

My Roster (Starters in Bold)

QB - Bryan Hoyer @GB,

Jameis Winston  @SF (I also plug and played Flacco for a couple weeks)

RB - Demarco Murray vs IND, Christine Michael @ARI,

CJ Anderson vs HOU, Devontae Booker vs HOU, TJ Yeldon vs OAK

WR - TY Hilton @TEN, WR - Larry Fitzgerald  vs SEA, FLEX - Deandre Hopkins @DEN

Allen Hurns vs OAK

TE - Rob Gronkowski @PIT,

Coby Fleener @KC

Thanks for any feedback in advance, I’m fortunately in 2nd place in overall points scored and 1st in record, lucky me and "No" I'm not taking for granted. Just looking to see if I should fortify with some perceived depth I currently have until the injury bug hits me...

Football Guys Rule

I'll go along with you.  I think a top end QB would definitely round you out, and you do have some depth to do it, BUT it's risky to do it this early.  I like to wait until week 11 or so, when most of the byes are out of the way and playoff spots are starting to take shape, and start trading depth for studs.  I love packaging guys like Hilton + Cobb for Julio. 

Find a team that is struggling to make a playoff spot, and give them a solid 2 for 1.  If I'm sitting comfortably in 2nd place, I'll target one of the guys in the mix for the last playoff spot and offer them the above deal...give them help to get in, but get you a stud for the playoff run. 

I would look to deal Fleener now that he's emerging in NO.  Maybe Fleener + Winston for Cam if he's TE needy.  Or Fleener + Winston for Luck.  Or if nobody is willing to bite for a QB deal, maybe package something like Fleener  + Michael for Elliott or Bell, or a Fleener + Hilton for Julio or OBJ type deal.  But maybe wait a couple weeks to do it.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread