What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 13 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB
Tier 1:
1. Josh Allen (1)
Tier 2:
2. Patrick Mahomes (2)
3. Jalen Hurts (3)
4. Joe Burrow (4)
5. Justin Fields (5)
Tier 3:
6. Lamar Jackson (6)
7. Kyler Murray (8), finally got Hopkins and Hollywood together, and had one of his best games of the season. Should get Moore after the bye.
8. Tua Tagovailoa (7)
9. Justin Herbert (9)
10. Deshaun Watson (10)
Tier 4:
11. Geno Smith (11)
12. Trevor Lawrence (15), 3 straight top-10 games, looked like the future star he was drafted to be leading comeback against Ravens.
13. Dak Prescott (12)
Tier 5:
14. Daniel Jones (13)
15. Kirk Cousins (NR), he rebounded from an awful game, and more importantly, Theilen showed signs of life.

Dropped off: Jimmy Garoppolo (14), Mexico explosion looks like an isolated incident, the Montezuma's revenge of fantasy production as it were. Defense might be too good to allow offense to keep the foot on the gas.

RB
Tier 1:
1. Josh Jacobs (6), 3 straight top-7 weeks, including an all-timer, and he's in an offense that is literally 2 players.
2. Austin Ekeler (1)
3. Saquon Barkley (2)
4. Jonathan Taylor (3)
Tier 2:
5. Nick Chubb (5)
6. Christian McCaffrey (7)
7. Rhamondre Stevenson (12), 3 straight top-15 games, both with and without Harris. He's the centerpiece of the offense, with an exceptionally high floor.
8. Travis Etienne (9)
Tier 3:
9. Joe Mixon (10)
10. Dalvin Cook (11)
11. Kenneth Walker (8)
12. Aaron Jones (13)
13. David Montgomery (15)
Tier 4:
14. Derrick Henry (4), probably an overreaction, but it sure feels like Henry is wearing down, and/or the OL isn't opening holes. 3 straight games under 3 YPC, and only 1 good defense in that stretch. I don't think the passing game is going to be reliable value for him either.
15. Alvin Kamara (14)
16. James Conner (17)
Tier 5:
17. Miles Sanders (19)
18. Leonard Fournette (21)
19. Dameon Pierce (20)
20. Jeff Wilson (25)
21. Antonio Gibson (22)
22. D'Onta Foreman (23)
23. Jaylen Warren (NR), under the impression Najee has a hernia, and that may be season ending. Warren is a lot better than Snell/McFarland if he can get healthy.
Tier 6:
24. Jamaal Williams (24)
25. Tony Pollard (18), Zeke got his job back. Pollard is still the preferred player to have, but he's gonna be very boom/bust in his current role.
26. Cordarrelle Patterson (27)
27. Latavius Murray (26)
28. Devin Singletary (30)
29. Isiah Pacheco (NR), I'm more concerned about Gordon than others seem to be, but its hard to argue there isn't upside with Pacheco right now. Some will want him higher, but I'm just not seeing a particularly good player at all. Usage has been excellent of late though.
Tier 7:
30. Ezekiel Elliott (28)

Dropped off: Najee Harris (16), seems like an IR candidate, especially with the Steelers not really having any playoff chances. D'Andre Swift (29), in a 3-man RBBC and doesn't see enough GL touches to make that work.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Stefon Diggs (2)
2. Justin Jefferson (3)
3. Davante Adams (1)
4. Tyreek Hill (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (5)
Tier 2:
6. AJ Brown (6)
Tier 3:
7. Jaylen Waddle (7)
8. CeeDee Lamb (9)
9. Amon-Ra St. Brown (10)
Tier 4:
10. Amari Cooper (12)
11. Tee Higgins (14)
12. Christian Kirk (13)
13. DK Metcalf (11)
Tier 5:
14. DeAndre Hopkins (8), I was afraid that his target share would plummet with Hollywood back. Luckily he found his way to endzone, but this is very much a 1A/1B situation.
15. Hollywood Brown (16)
16. Tyler Lockett (19)
17. Deebo Samuel (17)
18. Chris Olave (18)
19. Mike Evans (15)
20. Chris Godwin (24)
21. DeVonta Smith (20)
22. Keenan Allen (21)
Tier 6:
23. Terry McLaurin (22)
24. Michael Pittman (23)
Tier 7:
25. Christian Watson (29)
26. Jakobi Meyers (27)
27. Garrett Wilson (35), if I trusted Mike White at all, I could argue him 5+ spots higher. Right now, I think it was more about playing Chicago. Open to moving him up more if White proves to not be fluky.
28. JuJu Smith-Schuster (28)
29. Josh Palmer (30)
Tier 8:
30. Gabriel Davis (31)
31. Brandon Aiyuk (32)
32. DJ Moore (36)
Tier 9:
33. Allen Lazard (26), Watson has clearly passed him in the pecking order, and its not a passing game where multiple guys are gonna pop off most weeks.
34. Darius Slayton (40), clear #1 WR seeing 24% of his team's targets. It's still Slayton so not too excited but you can do a lot worse.
35. Jerry Jeudy (33)
36. Courtland Sutton (34)
37. Adam Thielen (NR), he jumped back ahead of Hockenson in the pecking order for a week. Not saying it's a long-term thing, I doubt it is, but it's enough to put him back on the radar.
38. Rondale Moore (25), expected back after the bye, but am curious how much he'll be used. Unlikely he sees week 9-10 level usage, but its possible Cards just embrace shootout ball with the top-3 WRs healthy.
39. Treylon Burks (NR), clear #1 WR on an offense desperate for someone to step up. WR25 over the last 2 weeks, and teams are slowing Henry down.
40. Parris Campbell (37)

Dropped off: Drake London (38), figured he'd be more involved with Pitts out, finished tied for 3rd in targets with Mycole Pruitt. Curtis Samuel (39), usage has greatly decreased since Thomas/Dotson came back, and defense stepped up. Catchless last week.

TE
Tier 1:
1. Travis Kelce (1)
Tier 2:
2. Mark Andrews (2)
Tier 3:
3. TJ Hockenson (4)
4. George Kittle (3)
5. David Njoku (6)
6. Pat Freiermuth (5)
7. Dalton Schultz (7)
Tier 4:
8. Juwan Johnson (10), yes, I'm moving him up after a literal 0 point week. He had a TD bounce right off his facemask, and had been top-8 3 straight weeks before that. This rank might be more of a commentary on the TE position than anything else.
9. Cole Kmet (11)
10. Gerald Everett (12)
11. Greg Dulcich (8), had a TD called back, but man, I just hate this whole offense. He'll pop at some point, but it just as likely could be Sutton or Jeudy when he's back.
12. Hayden Hurst (13)
Tier 5:
13. Taysom Hill (15)
14. Daniel Bellinger (NR), expected back this week or next. He was coming on a but before his eye injury, and targets are there for the taking in NY.
15. Tyler Conklin (NR), speaking of NY, Conklin hasn't been as featured as he was earlier in the season, but TE is so bad after 12 or so, that I'll bet on Mike White being enough of an upgrade for him to be useful again.

Dropped off: Tyler Higbee (9), nothing on this offense has value. Evan Engram (14), has taken a big backseat as of late to the Joneses.

How did a hurt Fournette get a few spot upgrade?
Well, the 3 guys I moved him ahead of were Najee Harris (possibly done for the season), Tony Pollard (had been too optimistic on his role), and Dameon Pierce (offense falling apart)

I don't really feel any different about Fournette then I did, so it was more the guys around him, than anything else.

15. Alvin Kamara (14)

21. Antonio Gibson (22)

thanks Travdogg, always good work.

Thoughts on the above:

What does it take to move down Kamara, like by a lot? I doubt his skills have eroded much, but his teams is dreadful and it's just not happening for him this year. I have him in two local 10 team leagues - I've been starting Jamaal Williams over him in one, TD dependendency and all, without regrets. In the other, I would love to move him to the bench also. I'll probably rotate him with L. Murray/G. Edwards going forward, and those guys are hardly all that. 12+ teamers & sharkier leagues, I'm sure you have to start him, but 15?

Fournette at 18 but no White? I have both in one league and at the moment would start White in front of him.

Gibson but no Robinson? Is Gibson really that far ahead of him?

15. Alvin Kamara (14)

21. Antonio Gibson (22)

thanks Travdogg, always good work.

Thoughts on the above:

What does it take to move down Kamara, like by a lot? I doubt his skills have eroded much, but his teams is dreadful and it's just not happening for him this year. I have him in two local 10 team leagues - I've been starting Jamaal Williams over him in one, TD dependendency and all, without regrets. In the other, I would love to move him to the bench also. I'll probably rotate him with L. Murray/G. Edwards going forward, and those guys are hardly all that. 12+ teamers & sharkier leagues, I'm sure you have to start him, but 15?

Fournette at 18 but no White? I have both in one league and at the moment would start White in front of him.

Gibson but no Robinson? Is Gibson really that far ahead of him?
Kamara has certainly been disappointing of late, but he's still seeing great usage, and is still the centerpiece of his offense. His game against the 49ers was particularly tough, as he had an 8-point swing as he fumbled as he was about to cross the goal line. I think his numbers have been a little fluky with 4 games without a TD. To answer your question what it would take to move him down a lot, it would completely different usage or injury.

I haven't been all that impressed with White. I think Fournette is still ahead of him, especially at the GL. White's been ok, and that was with 2 very nice matchups. I've never been a big Fournette guy, but I don't buy for a second that his job is in danger. 60-40 Fournette is my guess. I will say, if Fournette is out another week (which I am not expecting, but who knows) White could certainly make more of a case to have an even split going forward.

I think Gibson is much more reliable. Robinson is pretty boom/bust. Last week was the only game Robinson has outscored Gibson in since week 6.

I can’t see fields in the top 10. If he plays any more, his running will be way down. He just lost Mooney for the year also. The schedule is pretty hard, and they are beaten up everywhere now.

Another adjustment I would make is flipping Lamar with Herbert. The Charger weapons are far better than the Ravens, and Lamar isn’t running much either.

I can’t see fields in the top 10. If he plays any more, his running will be way down. He just lost Mooney for the year also. The schedule is pretty hard, and they are beaten up everywhere now.

Another adjustment I would make is flipping Lamar with Herbert. The Charger weapons are far better than the Ravens, and Lamar isn’t running much either.
I think if Fields plays he'll be used normally, or at least close to it. Otherwise, I doubt he'll be cleared, and its possible he won't be, but he's almost impossible to sit of he is. Not worried about his schedule at all, Philly could be a tough matchup, but GB and Det are great matchups, and Buffalo is neutral with all their defensive injuries. Losing Mooney doesn't help, but its not like Mooney was some massive part of the offense. It's entirely possible Claypool can pick up that slack.

Herbert's back-to-back top-10 weeks are certainly a nice return to form, and I would agree he has better weapons (even without Mike Williams) I'm just a fence swinger at heart, so I prefer Lamar and his rushing upside, but same tier guys can basically be in any order. So yeah, I can understand preferring Herbert to Lamar. Lamar has had some awful luck of late, including not 1, not 2, but 3 dropped TDs in the Jags game. People with Justin Tucker aren't complaining, but its been frustrating if you've been starting Lamar, and clearly he's been frustrated too. I'm expecting him to have a big game or 3 down the stretch though. He's too good to think this is his new normal, and he's been a very good start in 2 of his last 4, and even his lower scoring weeks are still top-15.

Rotowire/Yahoo fantasy update this morning says Najee reportedly avoided major injury and his status is "up in the air". Not sure if that changes your ranking at all or not but since you posted the RB list last night I figured it was worth a mention.

Still think you are too low on Jamaal Williams. Seems like he's a virtual lock for 15 rushes, at least 60 yards and at least one TD every week. He's scored double digit TDs 5 out of 11 weeks, and only held scoreless in 4 games. Not a guy that's a threat for a big 100+ yard day though, and he's offering zilch in the way of PPR play though so that's probably keeping his projections depressed if I had to guess...

Rotowire/Yahoo fantasy update this morning says Najee reportedly avoided major injury and his status is "up in the air". Not sure if that changes your ranking at all or not but since you posted the RB list last night I figured it was worth a mention.

Still think you are too low on Jamaal Williams. Seems like he's a virtual lock for 15 rushes, at least 60 yards and at least one TD every week. He's scored double digit TDs 5 out of 11 weeks, and only held scoreless in 4 games. Not a guy that's a threat for a big 100+ yard day though, and he's offering zilch in the way of PPR play though so that's probably keeping his projections depressed if I had to guess...
If Harris is fine, he'd be a tier behind where I put Warren. A guy being instantly ruled out with a midsection injury that wasn't from a hit, just screams hernia to me, which is usually several weeks to recover from. We'll see.

I hear ya on Jammal. TD dependent guys will always seem low in my rankings, because I don't view TDs as being as reliable as yards or catches. It's the same reason Zeke is where he is, and why I've been lower than most on Gabe Davis all year.

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. Not high enough on Godwin. The dude just eats up zones and the ball arrives right on time. Him and Brady are looked in.

Love this weekly thread! Thanks for putting this together.

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. Not high enough on Godwin. The dude just eats up zones and the ball arrives right on time. Him and Brady are looked in.

Love this weekly thread! Thanks for putting this together.
Godwin is certainly a zone beater, but I worry how high his ceiling is without Brady producing a lot more. He's certainly coming off a great week, but I'm expecting Mike Evans to take more than he did most weeks, I think we are probably/possibly coming off what will be Godwin's best week of the season.

I do like Godwin a lot though, I mean, I have him in the same tier as Hopkins.

Well, the 3 guys I moved him ahead of were Najee Harris (possibly done for the season), Tony Pollard (had been too optimistic on his role), and Dameon Pierce (offense falling apart)

I don't really feel any different about Fournette then I did, so it was more the guys around him, than anything else.
Gotta think White has a larger role after the past two games.

@travdogg Thank you for doing this every week, I really enjoy them. Curious why Mahomes is in a lower tier than Allen? Every league I'm in Mahomes has scored slightly more than Allen YTD and doesn't look like he's slowing down.

Its possible, but its not like White has played any better than Fournette was.

@travdogg Thank you for doing this every week, I really enjoy them. Curious why Mahomes is in a lower tier than Allen? Every league I'm in Mahomes has scored slightly more than Allen YTD and doesn't look like he's slowing down.
Its the rushing upside. Also, thinking Allen's numbers boost up a bit as he gets healthier from his arm injury.

Having watched ther majority of TB games I would disagree with this. Just as I think Herbert has outplayed Montgomery before injury I think white has outplayed Fournette who looks like he has lost a few steps. Wouldnt surprise me if we have seen the changing of the guard here.

Having watched ther majority of TB games I would disagree with this. Just as I think Herbert has outplayed Montgomery before injury I think white has outplayed Fournette who looks like he has lost a few steps. Wouldnt surprise me if we have seen the changing of the guard here.
I can understand the comparison, but I have 2 problems with it.

1. I don't think it's really accurate. Herbert was playing at a level well above any of these guys, 2 YPC more than any of them.

2. Despite that, it didn't really matter for Herbert, as soon as Monty was healthy, he was seeing 65% of the work.

I can understand the comparison, but I have 2 problems with it.

1. I don't think it's really accurate. Herbert was playing at a level well above any of these guys, 2 YPC more than any of them.

2. Despite that, it didn't really matter for Herbert, as soon as Monty was healthy, he was seeing 65% of the work.
I agree with that..... It is not a perfect comparison but not many backups look better than the starter. It hasnt been as apparent as the Chi but I think Lenny looks REALLY pedestrian and imo White has looked much better. I found it kinds odd that Lenny had an injury that everybody thought was no big deal and he would be fine after the buy now all the sudden he lissed the game. It is tough to replace an aging vet but I think we might well be there.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Stefon Diggs (2)
2. Justin Jefferson (3)
3. Davante Adams (1)
4. Tyreek Hill (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (5)
Tier 2:
6. AJ Brown (6)
Tier 3:
7. Jaylen Waddle (7)
8. CeeDee Lamb (9)
Tier 4:
10. Amari Cooper (12)
11. Tee Higgins (14)
12. Christian Kirk (13)
13. DK Metcalf (11)
Tier 5:
14. DeAndre Hopkins (8), I was afraid that his target share would plummet with Hollywood back. Luckily he found his way to endzone, but this is very much a 1A/1B situation.
15. Hollywood Brown (16)
16. Tyler Lockett (19)
17. Deebo Samuel (17)
18. Chris Olave (18)
19. Mike Evans (15)
20. Chris Godwin (24)
21. DeVonta Smith (20)
22. Keenan Allen (21)
Tier 6:
23. Terry McLaurin (22)
24. Michael Pittman (23)
Tier 7:
26. Jakobi Meyers (27)
27. Garrett Wilson (35), if I trusted Mike White at all, I could argue him 5+ spots higher. Right now, I think it was more about playing Chicago. Open to moving him up more if White proves to not be fluky.
29. Josh Palmer (30)
Tier 8:
30. Gabriel Davis (31)
31. Brandon Aiyuk (32)
32. DJ Moore (36)
Tier 9:
33. Allen Lazard (26), Watson has clearly passed him in the pecking order, and its not a passing game where multiple guys are gonna pop off most weeks.
34. Darius Slayton (40), clear #1 WR seeing 24% of his team's targets. It's still Slayton so not too excited but you can do a lot worse.
35. Jerry Jeudy (33)
37. Adam Thielen (NR), he jumped back ahead of Hockenson in the pecking order for a week. Not saying it's a long-term thing, I doubt it is, but it's enough to put him back on the radar.
38. Rondale Moore (25), expected back after the bye, but am curious how much he'll be used. Unlikely he sees week 9-10 level usage, but its possible Cards just embrace shootout ball with the top-3 WRs healthy.
39. Treylon Burks (NR), clear #1 WR on an offense desperate for someone to step up. WR25 over the last 2 weeks, and teams are slowing Henry down.
40. Parris Campbell (37)

Dropped off: Drake London (38), figured he'd be more involved with Pitts out, finished tied for 3rd in targets with Mycole Pruitt. Curtis Samuel (39), usage has greatly decreased since Thomas/Dotson came back, and defense stepped up. Catchless last week.
Initial thoughts on the likelihood of Jameson Williams giving it a go in week 14 do you see him cracking your top 40 in weeks 15,16, 17, or 18? Worth a speculative add? I had him on IR until Kupp went down. He just got dropped for Gallup. Hey, I'm a Lions fan too lol.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Stefon Diggs (2)
2. Justin Jefferson (3)
3. Davante Adams (1)
4. Tyreek Hill (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (5)
Tier 2:
6. AJ Brown (6)
Tier 3:
7. Jaylen Waddle (7)
8. CeeDee Lamb (9)
Tier 4:
10. Amari Cooper (12)
11. Tee Higgins (14)
12. Christian Kirk (13)
13. DK Metcalf (11)
Tier 5:
15. Hollywood Brown (16)
16. Tyler Lockett (19)
17. Deebo Samuel (17)
18. Chris Olave (18)
19. Mike Evans (15)
20. Chris Godwin (24)
21. DeVonta Smith (20)
22. Keenan Allen (21)
Tier 6:
23. Terry McLaurin (22)
24. Michael Pittman (23)
Tier 7:
26. Jakobi Meyers (27)
29. Josh Palmer (30)
Tier 8:
30. Gabriel Davis (31)
31. Brandon Aiyuk (32)
32. DJ Moore (36)
Tier 9:
35. Jerry Jeudy (33)
40. Parris Campbell (37)

Initial thoughts on the likelihood of Jameson Williams giving it a go in week 14 do you see him cracking your top 40 in weeks 15,16, 17, or 18? Worth a speculative add? I had him on IR until Kupp went down. He just got dropped for Gallup. Hey, I'm a Lions fan too lol.
I mean, he's not a bad flier, but I'd probably bet against him being valuable for fantasy this season. I would expect his role to be about the same as DJ Chark's and probably splitting snaps with Chark. Big fan of Williams long term (I though he was the best WR in the class, and would have probably gone top-4 overall if not for the injury) but I think he'll likely get eased in.

Users who are viewing this thread