What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's Predictions for the 2024 NFL season (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
AFC East
Miami #1, they had some awful luck with injuries down the stretch, but this is a talented young improving team that added a lot of quality veteran depth.
Buffalo #6, losing Diggs will hurt, but the real issue is they have no depth anymore. No team asks more of their QB. That can get dangerous.
NY Jets, gives me a bit of an "Eagles dream team" vibe. Looks great on paper, but they are relying on a lot of old injury prone guys, headlined by a 40-year-old Achilles tear QB.
New England, I like Drake Maye, but I think they are still a ways off, and I'm not sure how much I like Mayo. Need their rookie class to pay instant dividends.

AFC North
Baltimore #2, love the Henry addition and getting Andrews back will make the offense scarier, but the defense could really miss Queen's quicks, and they have pass rusher issues.
Pittsburgh #5, I like both the QBs for the minimal investments, and I thought they had the best draft in the NFL. Can Arthur Smith be the latest good OC, bad HC?
Cleveland, I think we've seen enough to know Texans Watson isn't coming back. Defense needs to stay elite for them to snag a wildcard, defense is more unpredictable than offense.
Cincinnati, some believe if Burrow were healthy, they would have never missed the playoffs last year. I think that dismisses a lot of issues this team has. Could win 8 and finish last.

AFC South
Houston #4, division is theirs for the taking, but playoffs are another story. Defense is sketchy, as is OL. Stroud needs to be MVP level, which may happen, but isn't a wise bet.
Jacksonville, brought in a couple decent vets, but look similar to last year, also not sure Lawrence takes the next step. Could see Houston being only 9+win team.
Indianapolis, we have next to nothing to go on with Richardson. Back 7 on defense is a mess. I like Steichen, but I'm not seeing it this season.
Tennessee, Levis gave me a bit of a Jameis vibe last year, great arm, questionable everything else. Secondary is nice, but rest of D is sketchy.

AFC West
Kansas City #3, nobody has ever won 3 in a row. Defense is likely to regress losing Snead. Who knows Rice's status? Reid/Mahomes is enough to win the division, but another title?
LA Chargers #7, should stop losing games on stupidity like they have in recent years, but the overall talent is there for a run yet. Look out in 2025.
Las Vegas, building from the trenches out, but QB is a massive issue. Ideally O'Connell wins, because we know Minshew's ceiling isn't high.
Denver, hot take maybe, but I am wondering how good Payton is, or if Brees carried him? Rebuilding team across the board.

NFC East
Dallas #2, I find their demise greatly exaggerated. I think this team is better than last year, as none of the losses are as big as getting Trevon Diggs back.
Philadelphia #7, I have a lot of concerns about their defense, as its very dependent on young guys. I think they'll be very boom/bust as a team.
NY Giants, offense is rough, but I think they have a good front 7, and maybe Nabers hits the ground running? Daboll is worth a few wins by himself.
Washington, I think this is the worst pass defense in the NFL. Not a fan of the offense either, though Daniels should have some moments, likely more in the run game.

NFC North
Detroit #3, I think the offense takes a slight step back, just on natural regression. Also worry Campbell's aggressive nature hurts more than helps.
Minnesota #5, they are a playoff team last year if Cousins/JJ stay healthy. Defense improved a lot with Flores, and KOC is a great playcaller. Best rookie QB situation.
Chicago, taking steps in the right direction. Might quietly be the best back 7 in the NFL. Is Eberflus the right HC is the biggest question?
Green Bay, my pick for most overrated team. They eked into the playoffs, with a loss to NYG and almost CAR in December. Like Bengals, could see 8-9 being last place.

NFC South
Atlanta #4, probably was the best team in the division the last 2 years but got sunk by QB. That won't happen this year. Elite OL should keep Cousins upright.
Tampa Bay, took advantage of easiest division in the NFL last year, then drew crumbling Eagles. Offense will miss Canales.
Carolina, offense should be better with OL, HC upgrades. Defense has some talent. Not writing off Bryce Young yet. Think they'll be feisty.
New Orleans, this feels like the bill has become due. The tear it down rebuild needs to start next year. I think they are more in need of a new HC than anyone.

NFC West
San Francisco #1, improved their depth across the board, and I think Purdy is still on the upswing. 1 more year with both Aiyuk/Deebo.
LA Rams #6, losing Donald hurts (duh) but this is a top offense, with a defense that just needs to not being among the league's worst. I trust in McVay.
Seattle, I like the Macdonald hire, but I think they take a step backward in order to take 2 steps forward. OL may be NFL's worst. New OC was deep ball heavy, is that doable?
Arizona, probably NFL's worst defense (sorry Budda Baker) offense is ok, with upside if Harrison blows up right away, but hard to see more than 6 wins.

Playoffs
Round 1:
Ravens over Chargers (probably the subscription game, gets all the Harbaugh's to get Peacock)
Bills over Chiefs (they finally slay the dragon)
Steelers over Texans (I think Steelers pass rush overwhelms Texans OL)
Cowboys over Eagles (too many question marks on Eagles back end)
Lions over Rams (not as close as last year)
Vikings over Falcons (nobody knows more about Cousins weaknesses)

Round 2:
Dolphins over Bills (emotional letdown after beating KC)
Ravens over Steelers (nailbiter)
49ers over Vikings (vast difference in talent)
Cowboys over Lions (tight game, but think Dallas D makes the difference)

Round 3:
Dolphins over Ravens (Dolphins offense works a lot better when its not frostbite weather, too much speed for Ravens D, Ravens don't excel at chasing)
49ers over Cowboys (Cowboys biggest issue, and this is probably the most talented 49ers team yet)

Super Bowl:
49ers over Dolphins (SBMVP Christian McCaffrey, Dolphins D weakness is elusive RBs who catch)

NFL MVP: Brock Purdy (just in time for a monster extension)
OPOY: Tyreek Hill
DPOY: Micah Parsons
OROY: JJ McCarthy
DROY: Nate Wiggins
COY: Kevin O'Connell
CPOY: Kirk Cousins

Top-5 2025 draft order:
1.Washington=James Pearce DE Tennessee
2. New England=Will Campbell OT LSU
3. Denver=Deone Walker DT Kentucky
4. Tennessee=Will Johnson CB Michigan
5. Arizona=Mason Graham DT Michigan

Coaches fired (and replaced by) after the season:
Robert Saleh (Todd Monken)
Matt Eberflus (Ben Johnson)
Dennis Allen (Bobby Slowik)

What does everyone else think will happen?

Last edited:
There is approximately a 50% playoff turnover rate in the NFL.

Here are the teams who made the playoffs in 2023: DAL, PHI, DET, GB, TB, SF, LAR, BUF, MIA, BAL, CLE, PIT, HOU, KC

You have 12 of 14 teams returning. History suggests that number should be closer to 8.

Also, Philly is winning the NFC East this year. It's been over 20 years since there was a repeat champ in that division.

Why is Green Bay last in their division?

And NYG over WAS?
I think the NFC North is gonna be a lot tougher this season. Not many teams did more to improve their roster than Chicago did, and not many teams had more bad luck with injuries than Minnesota did last year. Despite that, they were both not far behind GB last year. I think GB's playoff run made them look closer than they are.

I think the Giants have a better HC than Washington, and I also think Jayden Daniels is in for a rude awakening his rookie year, as a passer anyway, he'll run enough to be great in fantasy. Its a small difference, I just feel a little better about the Giants. I didn't wanna do records, but there's a good chance neither of them win 6 games.

AFC East
Miami #1
NY Jets #5
Buffalo
New England

AFC North
Cleveland #2
Baltimore #6
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati

AFC South
Jacksonville #3
Houston
Indianapolis
Tennessee

AFC West
Kansas City #4
LA Chargers #7
Las Vegas
Denver

NFC East
Philadelphia #1
Dallas #6
Washington
NY Giants

NFC North
Green Bay #2
Detroit #5
Chicago
Minnesota

NFC South
New Orleans #4
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Carolina

NFC West
San Francisco #3
Seattle #7
LA Rams
Arizona

Super Bowl:
Philadelphia over Dolphins (SBMVP Jalen Hurts)

NFL MVP: Jalen Hurts
OPOY: Saquon Barkley
DPOY: Jalen Carter
OROY: Will Shipley
DROY: Cooper DeJean
COY: Nick Sirianni
CPOY: James Bradberry

What does everyone else think will happen?

Well done. I will make my Regular Season predictions:

AFC East
Buffalo #4
Miami #6
NY Jets
New England

AFC North
Baltimore #2
Cincinnati #5
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

AFC South
Houston #3
Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Tennessee

AFC West
Kansas City #1
LA Chargers #7
Las Vegas
Denver

NFC East
Philadelphia #2
Dallas #5
NY Giants
Washington

NFC North
Detroit #3
Green Bay #6
Minnesota
Chicago

NFC South
Atlanta #4
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Carolina

NFC West
San Francisco #1
Arizona #7
LA Rams
Seattle

Last edited:
There is approximately a 50% playoff turnover rate in the NFL.

Here are the teams who made the playoffs in 2023: DAL, PHI, DET, GB, TB, SF, LAR, BUF, MIA, BAL, CLE, PIT, HOU, KC

You have 12 of 14 teams returning. History suggests that number should be closer to 8.

Also, Philly is winning the NFC East this year. It's been over 20 years since there was a repeat champ in that division.
or maybe both Philly and Dallas miss the playoffs and New York gets in.

that would make everybody laugh. (myself included)

AFC East:
Miami. 10-7
Jets 9-8
Buffalo 8-9
NE 4-13

AFC North:
Cincy 11-6
Baltimore 10-7
Pittsburgh 9-8
Cleveland 6-11

AFC South:
Houston 10-7
Indy 9-8
Jags 7-10
Titans 5-12

AFC West:
KC 12-5
Chargers 9-8
Raiders 8-9
Denver 4-13

NFC East:
Dallas 12-5
Eagles 10-7
Giants 6-11
Was 5-12

NFC North:
Lions 13-4
Packers 11-6
Bears 9-8
Vikings 6-11

NFC South:
Atlanta 11-6
Saints 9-8
Panthers 6-11
Tampa 6-11

NFC West:
SF 12-7
Seattle 9-8
Rams 8-9
Cardinals 7-10

AFCCG- Cincy over Houston
NFCCG- Lions over Atlanta

Lions over Cincy

Marino vs Montana '84
Tua vs Brock in '24

38-16 all over again?
Thanks Trav
:lol:

The Philadelphia Eagles are winning the Super Bowl in '24 over the KC Chiefs in a re-match from 2 years ago, this time theEagles get the better of them

Let’s roll with this.
Say 6 are out.

I’ll go with MIA, TB, GB, LAR, PIT, and CLE. Not so much because I think any of these teams have gotten worse. Just others got better and there’s a lot of luck.

Marino vs Montana '84
Tua vs Brock in '24

38-16 all over again?
Thanks Trav
:lol:

The Philadelphia Eagles are winning the Super Bowl in '24 over the KC Chiefs in a re-match from 2 years ago, this time theEagles get the better of them
Could certainly see CMC repeating Roger Craig's 135 yard 3 TD game from back then.

I think we've talked about it in the Dolphin thread (or maybe the Waddle thread?) but I really like the Dolphins this year. I think they just ran out of guys on defense, and had Hill and Waddle banged up down the stretch. I love the veteran depth they added with Beckham, Campbell, Barrett, Maye, and they should peak late as guys like Chubb and Phillips round into form.

Also expecting Mike McDaniel to have some new twist that defenses are completely unprepared for. Maybe some Hill to Achane hook and ladder? Ok, probably not that (more than once anyway) but something sustainable.

AFC East:
3. Dolphins 11-6
6. Jets 10-7
Buffalo 9-8
Patriots 4-13

AFC North:
2. Bengals 11-6
5. Ravens 10-7
7. Steelers 9-8
Browns 9-8

AFC South:
4. Jaguars 10-7
Texans 9-8
Colts 7-10
Titans 5-12

AFC West:
1. Chiefs 13-4
Raiders 9-8
Chargers 8-9
Broncos 4-13

NFC East:
2. Eagles 13-4
5. Cowboys 12-5
Commanders 6-11
Giants 5-12

NFC North:
1. Lions 15-2
6. Bears 10-7
Packers 8-9
Vikings 5-12

NFC South:
4. Atlanta 9-8
Buccaneers 8-9
Saints 6-11
Panthers 3-14

NFC West:
3. 49ers 11-6
7. Cardinals 10-7
Rams 7-10
Seahawks 6-11

2025 Draft Order:
  1. Carolina
  2. Denver
  3. New England
  4. NYG
  5. Tennessee
  6. Minnesota
  7. New Orleans
  8. Washington
  9. Seattle
  10. Indianapolis
  11. LAR
Wild Card:
  • CIN over PIT
  • NYJ over MIA
  • JAX over BAL
  • PHI over ARI
  • SF over CHI
  • DAL over ATL
Divisional:
  • KC over NYJ
  • CIN over JAX
  • DET over DAL
  • SF over PHI
Conference:
  • CIN over KC
  • DET over SF
Super Bowl LIX:
  • DET over CIN

I see Green Bay as one of the teams that will make it back to the playoffs. They finished the year 7-3 and obliterated the Cowboys in the playoffs. The team is young and should be better on paper.

Steelers over the Texans?

Hmm:

Don't really think that result matters for future games. The Steelers greatly improved at the most important position in football (regardless of who it is) and no longer have the NFL's worst OC. They are a much better team than they were then. The Texans might be too, but I don't think they have improved as much. Hell, the Texans are a great example of how much difference a play caller and QB can make in a team.

As an aside, they both went 10-7 last season.

Baltimore #2, love the Henry addition and getting Andrews back will make the offense scarier, but the defense could really miss Queen's quicks, and they have pass rusher issues.
To me, the Ravens' biggest issue is the OL. They lost 3 starters and a 4th (Stanley) has a lifetime parking spot on the injury report.

They'll miss Queen (& the 13 other FAs they lost), but Trenton Simpson seems to be fitting in next to Roquan Smith.

For some reason, Edge rushers are always an issue in Baltimore. They've spent a good amount of draft capital on the position in recent years and can't seem to hit a home run. They'll mix and match like usual (unless someone like Oweh finally shines).

AFC East:
Jets 12-5
Dolphins 11-6
Buffalo 8-9
Patriots 3-14

AFC North:
Bengals 13-4
Ravens 11-6
Browns 10-7
Steelers 6-11

AFC South:
Colts 11-6
Texans 9-8
Jaguars 6-11
Titans 4-13

AFC West:
Chiefs 13-4
Chargers 8-9
Raiders 7-10
Broncos 4-13

NFC East:
Commanders 12-5
Eagles 11-6
Cowboys 6-11
Giants 4-13

NFC North:
Lions 14-3
Packers 10-7
Bears 8-9
Vikings 5-12

NFC South:
Atlanta 8-9
Buccaneers 8-9
Saints 5-12
Panthers 3-14

NFC West:
49ers 11-6
Cardinals 10-7
Rams 8-9
Seahawks 5-12

Headlines:

• Major injuries to QBs derail Cowboys, Bills, Bears (CWill holds the ball too long and gets violently sacked). CMC gets injured too.
  • Steelers implode on their way to earning losing record for the first time since 2003
  • Commanders shock the league with a high octane, unpredictable offense to take the NFC East
  • Jets defense gets compared to all-time greats, but they can’t overcome plain vanilla offense to push through to Super Bowl
  • Bryce Young mentioned in the same sentence as Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russel as all time worst draft pick
MVP voting:

1. Joe Burrow
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Jared Goff
4. Jayden Daniels
5. Anthony Richardson

Comeback player:

Aaron Rogers

Super Bowl:

Bengals 27 – Lions 24.

Thanks, this was a fun thought exercise!

Users who are viewing this thread