What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRAVIS HENRY.........SOON A CARDINAL? (1 Viewer)

Someone is not telling the truth on this one. My gut tells me THenry pushed AZ too hard on the contract demands and now has to figure a way to weasel his way back in. Maybe he should fire his agent (like Plaxico did when the Giants deal fell through) and hire Drew to work something out with AZ. Everyone saves face and THenry gets a starting gig. Time is ticking on this one. If the teams with RB voids pick RB in the draft, Henry is going to have to wait until there is an injury or '06 to be a 1RB.This has all the makings of a good a nasty public fight.

Someone is not telling the truth on this one. My gut tells me THenry pushed AZ too hard on the contract demands and now has to figure a way to weasel his way back in. Maybe he should fire his agent (like Plaxico did when the Giants deal fell through) and hire Drew to work something out with AZ. Everyone saves face and THenry gets a starting gig. Time is ticking on this one. If the teams with RB voids pick RB in the draft, Henry is going to have to wait until there is an injury or '06 to be a 1RB.

This has all the makings of a good a nasty public fight.
Its public pressure on the Bills to move him for less than what they wanted. This has the makings for a draft day trade, depending of where the top 3 runnings backs are drafted. The Bills are going to either use Henry for an extra pick or package Henry with a pick to move up in the 2nd round. I am starting to think this may start to blow up in Donahoe's face. :no:

Someone is not telling the truth on this one. My gut tells me THenry pushed AZ too hard on the contract demands and now has to figure a way to weasel his way back in. Maybe he should fire his agent (like Plaxico did when the Giants deal fell through) and hire Drew to work something out with AZ. Everyone saves face and THenry gets a starting gig. Time is ticking on this one. If the teams with RB voids pick RB in the draft, Henry is going to have to wait until there is an injury or '06 to be a 1RB.

Its public pressure on the Bills to move him for less than what they wanted. This has the makings for a draft day trade, depending of where the top 3 runnings backs are drafted. The Bills are going to either use Henry for an extra pick or package Henry with a pick to move up in the 2nd round. I am starting to think this may start to blow up in Donahoe's face. :no:
Donohoe is a very coy GM and usually makes the right gutsy calls but I agree, this may be hitting the fan if Donohoe doesn't pull the trigger soon. If a deal isn't done by draft day, AZ has to gor for one of the big 3 RBs and then it leaves Donohoe screwed.

Someone is not telling the truth on this one.  My gut tells me THenry pushed AZ too hard on the contract demands and now has to figure a way to weasel his way back in.  Maybe he should fire his agent (like Plaxico did when the Giants deal fell through) and hire Drew to work something out with AZ.  Everyone saves face and THenry gets a starting gig.  Time is ticking on this one.  If the teams with RB voids pick RB in the draft, Henry is going to have to wait until there is an injury or '06 to be a 1RB.

Donohoe is a very coy GM and usually makes the right gutsy calls but I agree, this may be hitting the fan if Donohoe doesn't pull the trigger soon. If a deal isn't done by draft day, AZ has to gor for one of the big 3 RBs and then it leaves Donohoe screwed.
I agree he is only asking for controversey if he does not pull the trigger somewhere and keeps Henry in Buffalo to cause a RB controversey. Say Mcgahee starts doing poorly for a few games this year or like last year Buf loses a few games and decides that a back up RB should shake things up and Henry is the back up and comes in and produces, well here we go again RB controversey again. I say take what you can get before it blows up in your face. You have made your mind up about going forward with Mcgahee now move Henry before it is to late. I don't think they will keep him around as a back up only to lose him for nothing as a FA next season.

I say take what you can get before it blows up in your face. You have made your mind up about going forward with Mcgahee now move Henry before it is to late. I don't think they will keep him around as a back up only to lose him for nothing as a FA next season.
You're right - unless McGahee blows out his knees there is no way they can justify using the franchise tag on Henry next year.

Honestly,

While the debate about whether a team is better off trading for Alexander/James than drafting an unproven commodity like Brown/Williams/Benson is worth having, there's no NFL personnel executive on the Earth that should consider passing up one of those three for Travis Henry and a hefty new contract.
Clinton Portis hefty or Lamont Jordan, Rudi Johnson hefty? A contract similar to Lamont or Rudi wouldn't be too far off from paying top 5 pick money. With Henry you know what you are going to get. Can't say the same for the rookies. Oh, but of course the execs shouldn't pass up one of the 3 greatest rookie RB's of all time. Never mind bigger needs and that there are plenty of RB's in the draft. If a player grades out high then they have to go 1, 2, 3. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do feel bad for Henry (as bad as I can feel for a healthy NFL player). He was a horse for the Bills, and they didn't treat him too well. He outperformed his draft position, was extremely productive and very tough. Played with a broken leg, and now he can't find a job? :thumbdown:
Didn't he have busted up ribs for awhile last season? IMHO He should have made a stance the day they drafted McGahee.

I do feel bad for Henry (as bad as I can feel for a healthy NFL player). He was a horse for the Bills, and they didn't treat him too well. He outperformed his draft position, was extremely productive and very tough. Played with a broken leg, and now he can't find a job?  :thumbdown:
Didn't he have busted up ribs for awhile last season? IMHO He should have made a stance the day they drafted McGahee.
He did, and he did. Henry said he felt like the team stabbed him in the back the day McGreathee was drafted.

I agree he is only asking for controversey if he does not pull the trigger somewhere and keeps Henry in Buffalo to cause a RB controversey. Say Mcgahee starts doing poorly for a few games this year or like last year Buf loses a few games and decides that a back up RB should shake things up and Henry is the back up and comes in and produces, well here we go again RB controversey again. I say take what you can get before it blows up in your face. You have made your mind up about going forward with Mcgahee now move Henry before it is to late. I don't think they will keep him around as a back up only to lose him for nothing as a FA next season.
Who cares about a RB controversy? RBBC can be effective, they can go in for different series or different situations. It's not like a QB controversy - it happens all the time and can be very effective.

I agree he is only asking for controversey if he does not pull the trigger somewhere and keeps Henry in Buffalo to cause a RB controversey.  Say Mcgahee starts doing poorly for a few games this year or like last year Buf loses a few games and decides that a back up RB should shake things up and Henry is the back up and comes in and produces, well here we go again RB controversey again.  I say take what you can get before it blows up in your face.  You have made your mind up about going forward with Mcgahee now move Henry before it is to late.  I don't think they will keep him around as a back up only to lose him for nothing as a FA next season.
Who cares about a RB controversy? RBBC can be effective, they can go in for different series or different situations. It's not like a QB controversy - it happens all the time and can be very effective.
When is the last time you can remember a winning SB team using a RBBC??? I really don't know if this will prove anything but it may. IMO a team has greatest success when there is a true #1 RB no questions asked and no doubt. The o-line, the qb, and the # 1 Rb are all on the same page. They don't want to go through the agony of knowing who is going to play in this game and in this situation. Just ask Cleveland how well that RBBC went b/w W.Green and L.Suggs this year. I remember Garcia just wanting them to pick a RB and stick with him so they could become familiar!!

I agree he is only asking for controversey if he does not pull the trigger somewhere and keeps Henry in Buffalo to cause a RB controversey.  Say Mcgahee starts doing poorly for a few games this year or like last year Buf loses a few games and decides that a back up RB should shake things up and Henry is the back up and comes in and produces, well here we go again RB controversey again.  I say take what you can get before it blows up in your face.  You have made your mind up about going forward with Mcgahee now move Henry before it is to late.  I don't think they will keep him around as a back up only to lose him for nothing as a FA next season.
When is the last time you can remember a winning SB team using a RBBC??? I really don't know if this will prove anything but it may. IMO a team has greatest success when there is a true #1 RB no questions asked and no doubt. The o-line, the qb, and the # 1 Rb are all on the same page. They don't want to go through the agony of knowing who is going to play in this game and in this situation. Just ask Cleveland how well that RBBC went b/w W.Green and L.Suggs this year. I remember Garcia just wanting them to pick a RB and stick with him so they could become familiar!!
2003 Patriots (remember? before Dillion?) ran a RBBC. Tampa also didn't have a clear #1. Pittman was but Alstot ran short yardage like many RBBC (Think Dunn Ducket). The NYG made it to the super bowl with a RBBC (Thunder and Lightning anyone?). RBBC works, and actually worked REALLY well two years ago when the 2003 pats one. Think Eagles, running with 3 backs one of hte top rushing teams. The pats, like I said. Also the Vikings are another top Rushing team that runs a RBBC. Atlanta had the #2 rushing game in the league last year with a RBBC. Pittsburgh was the #1 without a clear #1 back, instead two backs (albeit due to injury). Not saying RBBC is the way to go, but saying "look at the browns" is a poor example. Look at the redskins. They had a clear #1 RB stud. Look at the Chargers 2 years ago when Tomlinson had such an amazing year. What'd htey have, the #1 draft pick? Hmmmm..

Henry did not want to restructure his contract and that is why the Arizona deal fell through. That doesn't seem like a guy that just wants to be a starter. He wanted the money to go along with it. Beggars can't be choosers.
So which are you the Arizona GM or Henry's agent? We do NOT know why the deal fell thru, only that it did. Stop it already.

2003 Patriots (remember? before Dillion?) ran a RBBC. Tampa also didn't have a clear #1. Pittman was but Alstot ran short yardage like many RBBC (Think Dunn Ducket). The NYG made it to the super bowl with a RBBC (Thunder and Lightning anyone?). RBBC works, and actually worked REALLY well two years ago when the 2003 pats one. Think Eagles, running with 3 backs one of hte top rushing teams. The pats, like I said. Also the Vikings are another top Rushing team that runs a RBBC. Atlanta had the #2 rushing game in the league last year with a RBBC. Pittsburgh was the #1 without a clear #1 back, instead two backs (albeit due to injury). Not saying RBBC is the way to go, but saying "look at the browns" is a poor example. Look at the redskins. They had a clear #1 RB stud. Look at the Chargers 2 years ago when Tomlinson had such an amazing year. What'd htey have, the #1 draft pick? Hmmmm..
Let's get this straight Pitt did not use an RBBC last season. Staley was brought in to be the starter. At the start of the year when he was not hurt there was no RBBC When he was hurt Bettis started, there was no RBBC. Bettis was to be used as a relief guy for Staley not an RBBC as what will happen this year in Pitt. They used more of an RBBC when Staley returned from injury b/c he wasn't healthy. Pitt was not an RBBC team last season. Atl had the number one rushing team not because of their RB's but because of their QB running. If Vick did not run for that many yards their actual RB's who constitue the RBBC don't end up leading the league. Atl would be better making TJ Duckett the man there anyways and making Dunn a change of pace guy and that may happen this year as well.

NE is somewhat an exception, however; if RBBC works so well then why would NE go out and get a RB who they knew was not an RBBC guy and they knew they would not have to run an RBBC. Becuase they know that a team has a better percentage of winning the SB with a main guy. In fact, I don't know where to find the stats but I guarantee less then 5 teams that have even won the SB have done it with an RBBC. Yes, it is an exception but teams would rather have a main guy.

And what is your point with L.T. He is very good and not part of an RBBC. I know this I don't get what you are getting at. We were discussing RBBC.

Let's get this straight Pitt did not use an RBBC last season. Staley was brought in to be the starter. At the start of the year when he was not hurt there was no RBBC When he was hurt Bettis started, there was no RBBC. Bettis was to be used as a relief guy for Staley not an RBBC as what will happen this year in Pitt. They used more of an RBBC when Staley returned from injury b/c he wasn't healthy. Pitt was not an RBBC team last season. Atl had the number one rushing team not because of their RB's but because of their QB running. If Vick did not run for that many yards their actual RB's who constitue the RBBC don't end up leading the league. Atl would be better making TJ Duckett the man there anyways and making Dunn a change of pace guy and that may happen this year as well.

NE is somewhat an exception, however; if RBBC works so well then why would NE go out and get a RB who they knew was not an RBBC guy and they knew they would not have to run an RBBC. Becuase they know that a team has a better percentage of winning the SB with a main guy. In fact, I don't know where to find the stats but I guarantee less then 5 teams that have even won the SB have done it with an RBBC. Yes, it is an exception but teams would rather have a main guy.

And what is your point with L.T. He is very good and not part of an RBBC. I know this I don't get what you are getting at. We were discussing RBBC.
My point regarding Tomlinson and Portis was that for every bad team with a RBBC, there is a bad team with a #1 stud. For every 2004 Browns, there is a 2004 Redskins. So, the way this relates to a discussion about RBBC is to counteract a point you made in the inital thread. You stated that "Just ask Cleveland how well that RBBC went b/w W.Green and L.Suggs this year." I am saying for every team with a RBBC that did poorly there is a team with a #1 that did poorly.

Let's see. Lamont Jordan and Henry were both 2nd round picks in 2001. Jordan never started, looked good in limited time, and was offered a large contract by the Jets even though he wasn't going to start. Instead, he went to Oakland, which gave him even bigger money.Travis Henry played his heart out for the Bills, and amassed huge numbers (over 1300 yards and 10 TDs twice). He lost his job due to an injury, and never got it back b/c of McGahee. The Bills have not offered to renegotiate his contract to pay him more fairly, and they haven't even offered to open the starting job to competition in training camp - violating the rule that you don't lose your job just b/c of an injury. Henry bit his lip all of 2003 and played hard, even though he was clearly upset about McGahee, and knew that the situation that he's in today was going to come. The team allowed exactly that situation to arrive, and did nothing to repay Henry for his gigantic production or his team-first attitude.All that is happening now is that Henry is treating the Bills exactly like they treated him. In addition, he's making sure that he doesn't miss his payday b/c of the Bills. If LJ desrved $7 million, how does Henry deserve a penny less? If LJ puts up 1300 and 10, everyone will say that Oakland made a great move paying him. Henry's already done it, and now he's looking for a team that wants him and will pay him. It's a tough offseason to be in his position, but from his perspective, going back to Buffalo is not an option. There's no way that he is going to commit himself to the team after they shafted him, and there's no reason for anyone to expect it of him. Buffalo screwed him hard.

Let's see. Lamont Jordan and Henry were both 2nd round picks in 2001. Jordan never started, looked good in limited time, and was offered a large contract by the Jets even though he wasn't going to start. Instead, he went to Oakland, which gave him even bigger money.

Travis Henry played his heart out for the Bills, and amassed huge numbers (over 1300 yards and 10 TDs twice). He lost his job due to an injury, and never got it back b/c of McGahee. The Bills have not offered to renegotiate his contract to pay him more fairly, and they haven't even offered to open the starting job to competition in training camp - violating the rule that you don't lose your job just b/c of an injury. Henry bit his lip all of 2003 and played hard, even though he was clearly upset about McGahee, and knew that the situation that he's in today was going to come. The team allowed exactly that situation to arrive, and did nothing to repay Henry for his gigantic production or his team-first attitude.

All that is happening now is that Henry is treating the Bills exactly like they treated him. In addition, he's making sure that he doesn't miss his payday b/c of the Bills. If LJ desrved $7 million, how does Henry deserve a penny less? If LJ puts up 1300 and 10, everyone will say that Oakland made a great move paying him. Henry's already done it, and now he's looking for a team that wants him and will pay him. It's a tough offseason to be in his position, but from his perspective, going back to Buffalo is not an option. There's no way that he is going to commit himself to the team after they shafted him, and there's no reason for anyone to expect it of him. Buffalo screwed him hard.
Henry lost his job to a more talented RB that's all. Forget "not losing your job because of injury" since that happens (remember Bledsoe/Brady?). Jordan was a FA and took advantage of it. Henry on the other hand is still under contract and doesn't want to play his last year on a new team with a regotiated contract. That's understandable but he can't expect a team to give up a draft pick and pay him L. Jordan money. He's going to have to take a little less to make it for attractive for a team to give up a pick.

LOL....You own TJ Duckett. Another prime example. Holy smokes this is getting absolutely stupid and you are a prime example of someone not to trust or value their opinion because you end up just pimping players based on the fact you own them, rather than using an unbias approach.

TJ Duckett was basically a backup last year. HE is the "change of pace back". Dunn is the better RB hands down.

This offseason I have seen you mainly just "pimp" your own players.

TJ Duckett.....player you own

Atl would be better making TJ Duckett the man there anyways and making Dunn a change of pace guy and that may happen this year as well.
William Green...player you own
I have already stated the legal problems however that aside the guy does have athletic skill to become a good running back. If you think a first three years totally decide a guys career then take a look at this:

And maybe the best example is W.Green being compared to C. Garner where he runs for average years as a rb until his first 1000yd compaign in his 6th year in the NFl and then he followed that up with another 1000 yd compaign in his 7th year. It was the change from Philly to San Fran and the right system that allowed this to happen. My point is it could happen. I am by no means a W. Green lover I am just not a hater. Some people give up on players to early without looking at any upside at all. The kid could turn it around b/c that is what he is at his young career a kid who needs to grow up.
Brian Griese.....player you own
Greise is a very under-rated QB. The guy is 30 years old which I belive is the prime years of a QBing career (28-33). He will put up consistent good numbers as the starting QB for Tampa this year. He will throw for 22-27 Td's. He will be a potential QB 1 and probably a QB 2 fill in for most teams. The guy started in 10 games last season and threw for 20 Td's. How many Td's did Vick throw for last season? 14. I am not saying Griese is a better QB then Vick but he could very well be a better fantasy start next year!! I really feel Tampa loved the chemistry Griese and Clayton had last season and I am sure they don't want to disrupt that flow. Why would they?
Lamont Jordan....player you own
I know I am extremely high on L.Jordan but watching this guy run I can't help but see how he won't turn into a stud. He is explosive, quick and barring injuries I see him in the top 15 for sure next year
Jamal Lewis....player you own
J. Odgen.....and in turn . Lewis will have a huge year again!
Javon Walker.....player you own
Even without Farve the guy has mad skills and is in his prime years as a reciever.
WOW!!! Are any players on your team average? :rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

I can see the pattern as well, but with the exception of a couple of those guys (Griese, Green), he's not that far off.
I have nothing against Walker or Lewis, cause they are good fantasy players, but....Duckett should/could be the starter next year????

Lamont Jordan a top 15 RB "FOR SURE"???

If he didn't have these players on his team, he would be singing a different tune.

if henry didnt pick up 14 year old hookers at gas stations and let his money burn a hole in his pocket (buying cotton candy for his dates, i assume), he wouldnt be in this situation.he signed a one year extension to his deal 2 years ago, for 1.5 million, because he was flat out broke.sorry about your luck. you brought it on yourself.. jordan was a FA and got the money he wanted.. henry is not a FA because of his own doing, and the bills can do whatever they see fit to best benifit the bills.. and henry did NOT lose his job due to injury.. i dont know where that came from.. he lost his job because he was ineffective for 4 games, and mcgahee was playing well behind the same line. he was hurt for the final 5 games of the season once he was already clearly the back up.henry got outplayed badly and he if would have played worth a damn, the bills would not have started off 0-4 last season.

if henry didnt pick up 14 year old hookers at gas stations and let his money burn a hole in his pocket (buying cotton candy for his dates, i assume), he wouldnt be in this situation.

he signed a one year extension to his deal 2 years ago, for 1.5 million, because he was flat out broke.

sorry about your luck. you brought it on yourself..
true, true, and true

Brian Griese.....player you ownQUOTEGreise is a very under-rated QB. The guy is 30 years old which I belive is the prime years of a QBing career (28-33). He will put up consistent good numbers as the starting QB for Tampa this year. He will throw for 22-27 Td's. He will be a potential QB 1 and probably a QB 2 fill in for most teams. The guy started in 10 games last season and threw for 20 Td's. How many Td's did Vick throw for last season? 14. I am not saying Griese is a better QB then Vick but he could very well be a better fantasy start next year!! I really feel Tampa loved the chemistry Griese and Clayton had last season and I am sure they don't want to disrupt that flow. Why would they?
The fact that he owns him doesn't make the statements untrue..:GrieseOwnerToo: :ph34r: Colin

Which came first - owning a player, or seeing that player as a rising star? :lol: @ anyone who thinks owning a player makes someone post here, without recognizing that the owner got the player because he sees a bright future.

LOL....You own TJ Duckett. Another prime example. Holy smokes this is getting absolutely stupid and you are a prime example of someone not to trust or value their opinion because you end up just pimping players based on the fact you own them, rather than using an unbias approach.

TJ Duckett was basically a backup last year. HE is the "change of pace back". Dunn is the better RB hands down.

This offseason I have seen you mainly just "pimp" your own players.

TJ Duckett.....player you own

Atl would be better making TJ Duckett the man there anyways and making Dunn a change of pace guy and that may happen this year as well.
William Green...player you own
I have already stated the legal problems however that aside the guy does have athletic skill to become a good running back. If you think a first three years totally decide a guys career then take a look at this:

And maybe the best example is W.Green being compared to C. Garner where he runs for average years as a rb until his first 1000yd compaign in his 6th year in the NFl and then he followed that up with another 1000 yd compaign in his 7th year. It was the change from Philly to San Fran and the right system that allowed this to happen. My point is it could happen. I am by no means a W. Green lover I am just not a hater. Some people give up on players to early without looking at any upside at all. The kid could turn it around b/c that is what he is at his young career a kid who needs to grow up.
Brian Griese.....player you own
Greise is a very under-rated QB. The guy is 30 years old which I belive is the prime years of a QBing career (28-33). He will put up consistent good numbers as the starting QB for Tampa this year. He will throw for 22-27 Td's. He will be a potential QB 1 and probably a QB 2 fill in for most teams. The guy started in 10 games last season and threw for 20 Td's. How many Td's did Vick throw for last season? 14. I am not saying Griese is a better QB then Vick but he could very well be a better fantasy start next year!! I really feel Tampa loved the chemistry Griese and Clayton had last season and I am sure they don't want to disrupt that flow. Why would they?
Lamont Jordan....player you own
I know I am extremely high on L.Jordan but watching this guy run I can't help but see how he won't turn into a stud. He is explosive, quick and barring injuries I see him in the top 15 for sure next year
Jamal Lewis....player you own
J. Odgen.....and in turn . Lewis will have a huge year again!
Javon Walker.....player you own
Even without Farve the guy has mad skills and is in his prime years as a reciever.
WOW!!! Are any players on your team average? :rolleyes:

Ridiculous.
LOL, I guess none of the players on my team are average. Hence why I finished with the most points in our draft last season and an 11-2 record. Add to that team LT, Antonio Gates. S. Mnair, B. Leftwich, I. Bruce, C. Johnson. Yes, your right I have a bunch of players who are good on my team. Thanks for pointing it out again!!! My comments are what I believe. And as pointed it out just because a guy is on my team it does not make my statements untrue.

Which came first - owning a player, or seeing that player as a rising star?

:lol: @ anyone who thinks owning a player makes someone post here, without recognizing that the owner got the player because he sees a bright future.
Agreed. I do find it amussing that someone gets discredited for their analysis because they own the player. If anything, it should be the other way around. Why would you tout a player and then not own him? If think someone is good you should own him. Of course we can't own everyone now can we?Seriously, people need to get over people's motives and read the analysis. They have a better debate and might actually get a good discussion going rather than attempting to discredit and defend who owns who.

I guess this is where I differ from your thoughts then.I can understand someone picking up a player or drafting a player because of what they like or see, but for someone to talk highly of a player based on the fact that they are on their team is what doesn't add any insight into a discussion. A player may only be the backup, but when he joins your team, he becomes a skilled player who should be the starter next season. People on here do pimp their own players for whatever reason. I am not sure if its cause they have a new love for this player because they are on their team, or that they need to feed their ego by trying, or what, but it is a bias opinion because they can't seperate their projections from their ownership. When someone's projection/ranking for a player changes simply from being part of their team is being bias. I am not discussing picking up a player because you think he will be the next starter, I am talking about you picking up a player for whatever reason AND THEN changing your tune about how this RB will be the next starter or suddenly has alot of athletic skill to be a starter elsewhere in the NFL. Alot of people like to look through rosey coloured glasses at their own players and input what they want to happen with their projection or prediction, rather than projecting without emotion. If this player was on your biggest competition's team, would you see them differently? Most likely. Your opinions should not change, regardless of who's fantasy team the player is on. Why do you think people on this board need to state whether they own a player or not when they make a comment on them? This happens for predictions as well. If someone predicts a great or bad season for a player, they will do anything to refute the opposite of what they predict even if its happening in front of their eyes, because of their stubborness, not because it is what they may actually think. A prime example is LHUCKS with EddieGeorge/Chris Brown last year.When you talk highly of your good players on your fantasy team is one thing, but when you go to the extent that every player on your team is good and could/should be a starter is where is gets ridiculous and shows me that you are being bias cause no ones team is perfect like that.

I guess this is where I differ from your thoughts then.

I can understand someone picking up a player or drafting a player because of what they like or see, but for someone to talk highly of a player based on the fact that they are on their team is what doesn't add any insight into a discussion. A player may only be the backup, but when he joins your team, he becomes a skilled player who should be the starter next season. People on here do pimp their own players for whatever reason. I am not sure if its cause they have a new love for this player because they are on their team, or that they need to feed their ego by trying, or what, but it is a bias opinion because they can't seperate their projections from their ownership.

When someone's projection/ranking for a player changes simply from being part of their team is being bias. I am not discussing picking up a player because you think he will be the next starter, I am talking about you picking up a player for whatever reason AND THEN changing your tune about how this RB will be the next starter or suddenly has alot of athletic skill to be a starter elsewhere in the NFL.

Alot of people like to look through rosey coloured glasses at their own players and input what they want to happen with their projection or prediction, rather than projecting without emotion. If this player was on your biggest competition's team, would you see them differently? Most likely. Your opinions should not change, regardless of who's fantasy team the player is on. Why do you think people on this board need to state whether they own a player or not when they make a comment on them?

This happens for predictions as well. If someone predicts a great or bad season for a player, they will do anything to refute the opposite of what they predict even if its happening in front of their eyes, because of their stubborness, not because it is what they may actually think. A prime example is LHUCKS with EddieGeorge/Chris Brown last year.

When you talk highly of your good players on your fantasy team is one thing, but when you go to the extent that every player on your team is good and could/should be a starter is where is gets ridiculous and shows me that you are being bias cause no ones team is perfect like that.
Oh Friday, you do a just cause in trying to prove your point and I do respect what you say but in the realm of things it does not matter to me. Players are on your team and you either like them are you don't. I had Q.Griffin on my team and I have admitted he was a terrible pick. I am not still pimping him because I see no upside what so ever on his side. You pimp players on your team, yes with the hope that what you say will come true and with the hope that he will produce fantasy value for you. You do it with a sense of pride. Fantasy Football is all about pride and if a guy is on your team he is there for a reason. The reason is you hope he will produce fantasy points for your team. There are players on my team like D. Terrel who I won't pimp because I see very little upside at all from him. In fact, many of those guys you listed where never starters on my fantasy team and they never were in my line up, however; that does not mean that they don't have any upside. You can disagree with what I think with there upside, but to accuse it as ridiculous, soley bias, feed my ego is brash comments that I laugh at.Like family guy said you can't own everyone, but pimping players on your team is not the worst thing in the world. Why would a guy be on my team if I thought that he would produce zero fantasy points???? There answer is there are none. Therefore you have the right to pimp any players on your team. Even if you are pimping a guy that produces minimal fantasy points you can say you are using him as a fill in WR for your bye weeks and you picked him up off of FA'ncy because he had a great match up..... etc.

Yes I pimp my players why wouldn't I????

Can we get back to Travis Henry?He and his agent say the deal from the Cards stands firm, so why isn't this getting done? I'm wondering what the chances are of this getting done sometime in the near future.

Thank You. TJ Duckett was the best option to pick up as a bye week/injury replacement at that point in the season, and is now a good RB who should be the starter in Atlanta. All this changed from simply you picking him up. You proved my point bang on. Pimp your players all you want, thats just shows me not to value your opinion on them. I am not going to value your high expectations of a player solely based on the fact that they are on your team. Carry on.

Thank You. TJ Duckett was the best option to pick up as a bye week/injury replacement at that point in the season, and is now a good RB who should be the starter in Atlanta. All this changed from simply you picking him up. You proved my point bang on.

Pimp your players all you want, thats just shows me not to value your opinion on them. I am not going to value your high expectations of a player solely based on the fact that they are on your team.

Carry on.
LOL, I am studying something in university right now that has great relevance to what you are saying. Bryce are you happy with every pre-rankings that you see out there??? DO you think players get placed higher then they should???? Everyone is going to have different opinions about players and pimp players for different reasons. There is motives behind everyone liking a players and his feelings on an issue. Someone may pre-rank someone higher becasue they have a gut instinict or they may draft someone as dark horse because they feel he will be good. Yes, I picked TJ Duckett up off of the FA wire b/c someone dropped him stupidly. Remeber you are missing something out of this whole post. We only have 2 keepers in our league and TJ Duckett is not going to be one of them, therefore; he more then likely won't be on my team next year. In saying that, I do feel he is the back of the future in ATL and should get the starting job next year. You don't have to agree with me it is how I feel. I am giving a feeling on my team. I can do a fair assessment of your team as well, stating guy's upside on your team. Will this make you happy. I have been talking about guys I had on my team last year b/c I was familiar with them. However, I have also talked about P. Manning, L.Suggs, T.Herny etc..... You are missing the point. You don't have to believe what I say, my 11-2 record speaks volume for itself. I do know you had a strong team last season as well but you finished 7-6 with lower points. Enough hijacking though. My instinct says Henry will go to Arizona. Very good upside for Henry if he goes there!!!

:lol: @ anyone who thinks owning a player makes someone post here, without recognizing that the owner got the player because he sees a bright future.
Agreed. I do find it amussing that someone gets discredited for their analysis because they own the player. If anything, it should be the other way around. Why would you tout a player and then not own him? If think someone is good you should own him. Of course we can't own everyone now can we?Seriously, people need to get over people's motives and read the analysis. They have a better debate and might actually get a good discussion going rather than attempting to discredit and defend who owns who.
:goodposting:

:goodposting:
Clearly you have FM on your buddy list. Opps, sorry. Getting out of hand on this theory. :D

Seriously, an AZ trade for Henry would be good for football. Henry could make good accomplishments there. In general, it's better for football when good starting calibur RBs are not sitting on the bench wasting away, as he would be in Buffalo.

Seriously, an AZ trade for Henry would be good for football. Henry could make good accomplishments there. In general, it's better for football when good starting calibur RBs are not sitting on the bench wasting away, as he would be in Buffalo.
I think most people agree with you. I also think this gets down by draft day if not sooner. They are waiting to see who blinks first. When a trade makes sense for both teams they will get it done. Both teams are helped and further they create more flexibility in their drafts by making the trade. It will get done, eventually.

Anyone see the Mort report on EPSN about the Henry and Cardinals trade?? I had my TV on mute while it was on but I found them talkin about it on the Bills message board.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/inde...opic=47304&st=0
Talking about it on the Cardinals board too. Here's the deal:- Mort thinks the Travis Henry for L.J. Shelton trade will happen, but probably not until draft day.

- The sticking point right now is that Buffalo wants to switch 2nd rounders as a part of the deal.

- The trade would free up Dennis Green to take a CB in the first round

Henry signed the contract extension because he was broke. His new agent at the time wanted to get paid right away, so he screwed Henry. The agent should have got Henry a loan from a bank (what bank wouldn't loan Henry money?), and then when Henry had some bargaining power the next year, he should have gone after the big bucks. People always want to blame the player, but more often than not it is the agent who messes up, or gets greedy. Remember agents get a percentage of the contracts they broker.

Not to change the subject (again) but...For the record, the Patriots have never had a RBBC.Antowain Smith was the starter, Kevin Faulk was his backup/3rd-and-long back.Corey Dillon is the starter, Kevin Faulk is his backup/3rd-and-long back.

Henry signed the contract extension because he was broke. His new agent at the time wanted to get paid right away, so he screwed Henry. The agent should have got Henry a loan from a bank (what bank wouldn't loan Henry money?), and then when Henry had some bargaining power the next year, he should have gone after the big bucks.

People always want to blame the player, but more often than not it is the agent who messes up, or gets greedy. Remember agents get a percentage of the contracts they broker.
As depressing as your post is, it's hard to disagree with you.

I thought this quote was interesting....

"Henry said he is particularly frustrated that the Bills rejected Arizona's offer to acquire him in a deal that would send starting tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo. But Mularkey said the team would have to get more than Shelton to make the deal worthwhile."

http://cbs4boston.com/localsports/FBN--Bil...urces_news_html

It appears that it wasn't Henry who demanded too much but the Bills.

I thought this quote was interesting....

"Henry said he is particularly frustrated that the Bills rejected Arizona's offer to acquire him in a deal that would send starting tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo. But Mularkey said the team would have to get more than Shelton to make the deal worthwhile."

http://cbs4boston.com/localsports/FBN--Bil...urces_news_html

It appears that it wasn't Henry who demanded to much but the Bills.
From that same article:Without revealing his next step, [Henry's agent] Engelhard said: ``You can quote me on this. As time goes on, it's only going to get uglier.''

:popcorn:

Henry has no leverage. Henry and his agent think they are nfl gms talking about fair trades and deals that should take place, I find it so wrong it's actually comical. He is property of the Buffalo Bills, if the bills choose to keep him they can and they will. If Henry wants to sit out and be a disruption that's his choice, another bad decision by a man with what must be a very low IQ and very little common sense. Sit out, be a cancer and when 2006 comes around nobody will want you and you'll be out of the nfl. Maybe some team would want him as a backup to their solid rb which would give him no chance to play except for injury, it's Henrys choice to sit out and cry and complain all he wants, it's a very illogical choice but I guess with his past transgressions it fits his MO. I hope the Bills stick to their guns and get what they want, they hold all the cards, not a whiney backup RB. I look forward to Henry sitting out all year, it will be forgotten by week 3, he's not as good or talented as someone like Ricky Williams so his name will be forgotten and nobody will think about him in 06.

Henry has no leverage. Henry and his agent think they are nfl gms talking about fair trades and deals that should take place, I find it so wrong it's actually comical. He is property of the Buffalo Bills, if the bills choose to keep him they can and they will. If Henry wants to sit out and be a disruption that's his choice, another bad decision by a man with what must be a very low IQ and very little common sense. Sit out, be a cancer and when 2006 comes around nobody will want you and you'll be out of the nfl. Maybe some team would want him as a backup to their solid rb which would give him no chance to play except for injury, it's Henrys choice to sit out and cry and complain all he wants, it's a very illogical choice but I guess with his past transgressions it fits his MO. I hope the Bills stick to their guns and get what they want, they hold all the cards, not a whiney backup RB. I look forward to Henry sitting out all year, it will be forgotten by week 3, he's not as good or talented as someone like Ricky Williams so his name will be forgotten and nobody will think about him in 06.
:goodposting: I found the guy who said it was good for the game of football for Henry to be a starting RB hilarious.

Whether or not a servicable RB gets a job somewhere has no affect on the NFL as a whole. As the above poster said, were not talking about a guy who is a special RB. Henry needs to earn a job somewhere, he isn't good enough to think he's entitled to a starting job.

His poor attitude and right to entitlement are scaring away many teams. He's the Freddie Mitchell of RB's.

His poor attitude and right to entitlement are scaring away many teams. He's the Freddie Mitchell of RB's.
I would say THenry is more like Plaxico. Guy has talent, but not top tier stuff and has been given bad advice from an agent. This year is not a good one for RB's who want to switch teams-BTW: Freddie Mitchell has never produced in the NFL and is a complete a@@ clown. At least THenry has gone to a Pro-Bowl-

BTW: Freddie Mitchell has never produced in the NFL and is a complete a@@ clown. At least THenry has gone to a Pro-Bowl-
They both have the a@@clown thing going for them. Freddie Mitchell's act is intentional though, which shows he has some intelligence.Henry is rather slow mentally and his whinning and moaning is no act, it is 100% him. Not many teams want to deal with a player that has the mental makeup of someone half their age unless they are an elite talent.

Not many teams want to deal with a player that has the mental makeup of someone half their age unless they are an elite talent.
Maybe that's why he's attracted to women half his age.

Without revealing his next step, [Henry's agent] Engelhard said: ``You can quote me on this. As time goes on, it's only going to get uglier.''

:popcorn:
Sounds like most women. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread