What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travis Henry vs Raiders (1 Viewer)

BusterTBronco

Footballguy
Hall and Young are banged up. Henry is itching to go and has reportedly said that he wants to get 20+ carries this week.

If you gots Henry on your team, you gots to put him in your starting lineup!

T-Hen is about to go OFF, baby!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Travis Henry, RB DEN

News: Broncos running back Travis Henry is excited about the thought of a 20-carry game Week 13 against the Raiders. He's just hoping his knee shares his enthusiasm. "I feel good enough to play," said Henry, who partially tore the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. "If they need me to (carry it 20 times), I'll man up and do it. My knee feels real good." Henry and rookie Selvin Young (knee strain) both practiced Thursday and Broncos coach Mike Shanahan is optimistic they'll play Sunday at Oakland. Andre Hall, though, remains a question mark. Hall sustained a high ankle sprain last weekend against Chicago on his first carry, but he persevered through the pain to finish with 98 yards on 26 carries.

Analysis: Henry has missed the last three games because of the knee injury he suffered at Detroit. He said the extra rest has rejuvenated him. "I'm pumped up about it," said Henry, who's rushed for 580 yards this season. Henry was mum on his ongoing fight with the league. The beleaguered back is fighting to keep the NFL from suspending him over the results of a drug test. He had a hearing with the league a few weeks ago in Phoenix and is still waiting to hear back. If he's unsuccessful, Henry faces a yearlong suspension. "I don't know nothing," Henry said after practice Thursday. A league spokesman had no additional information to report on the hearing. It appears as though Henry will face the Raiders and what an opportune time to return. Oakland owns the worst run defense in the NFL. Have no qualms about playing Henry Week 13, barring any last minute setbacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I detect a note of sarcasm?

Why would the NFL allow their own website to publish something that weren't true? They wouldn't.

The NFL's decision on the appeal of Travis Henry's one-year suspension is expected on Friday.

Henry argues that the level of marijuana detected in his system was too low to be anything other than second hand inhalation. There is reportedly feeling around the league and in the Broncos' front office that the timing of the NFL's decision is in Henry's favor. The NFL usually doesn't make late-week decisions that can affect teams' game plans for the coming Sunday.

Per rotoworld.

per rotoworld...

The NFL's decision on the appeal of Travis Henry's one-year suspension is expected on Friday.

Henry argues that the level of marijuana detected in his system was too low to be anything other than second hand inhalation. There is reportedly feeling around the league and in the Broncos' front office that the timing of the NFL's decision is in Henry's favor. The NFL usually doesn't make late-week decisions that can affect teams' game plans for the coming Sunday.

Henry is chomping at the bit. he should indeed have a big day.
is he healthy? will the knee give him any problems? I think what ever RB starts and gets the bulk of the carries will have a big day
:2cents:Let's put it this way I could suit up for the Broncos this weekend and get 100 yards. Okay, the Raiders aren't THAT bad, but it should be a banner day for Henry.
I am even contemplating starting him over Jackson. Alas, I cannot bring myself to do it.

I think I'll be starting Henry this week for my first playoff game..... but damn, I hate Shanahan, you never know what he's going to do~! I bet Cecil Sapp is going to get 15 carries and the TD... argh!

I think I'll be starting Henry this week for my first playoff game..... but damn, I hate Shanahan, you never know what he's going to do~! I bet Cecil Sapp is going to get 15 carries and the TD... argh!
:goodposting:I'm starting HenryHe should be healthy, but I bet he comes out of the game banged up at some point, Selvin will get a few carries, then Henry will be back in.

I'm tempted to put Henry in my lineup. I got Westbrook and Chester in right now. Maybe I'll call you on the radio tomorrow and ask you what I should do. LOL! Don't answer that, I don't want a WSIS in this thread.

If the league announces today(friday)his suspension will go into effect AFTER the raiders game i would think shanny sits him as he has already gone on record saying if henry is guilty he will not be on the team.

I sat R.Grant tonight hoping for T.Henry to carry the rock on Sunday.PLEASE, PLEASE, don't let me down.
:blackdot:
I figured Dal/GB would be a gunslinger's shootout....and IF Henry plays, it's against Oakland..you can't wish for a better matchup. I also have W.McGahee & K.Smith (besides Addai) to chose from, so it wasn't like I was putting all my eggs into one basket with Henry.In hindsight I should've started Grant...watching him rip off that 62yrd TD damn near drove me to tears.

BustedKnuckles said:
If the league announces today(friday)his suspension will go into effect AFTER the raiders game i would think shanny sits him as he has already gone on record saying if henry is guilty he will not be on the team.
:confused: and I agree. BUT I think that Henry beats the suspension.

playin4beer said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
playin4beer said:
I sat R.Grant tonight hoping for T.Henry to carry the rock on Sunday.PLEASE, PLEASE, don't let me down.
:shrug:
I figured Dal/GB would be a gunslinger's shootout....and IF Henry plays, it's against Oakland..you can't wish for a better matchup. I also have W.McGahee & K.Smith (besides Addai) to chose from, so it wasn't like I was putting all my eggs into one basket with Henry.In hindsight I should've started Grant...watching him rip off that 62yrd TD damn near drove me to tears.
I almost took Grant out at about 8:05 so I could decide between Chester and Henry/Young on the weekend. Because the news hasn't come out about the suspension, plus Henry and Youngs injury status.....plus ADP coming back....led me to leave Grant in there. I'd be sick if I would have taken him out and watched that long run....14 pointer in our league.I still don't know if I trust Henry even if the suspension doesn't happen, or Young for that matter. Unless we start hearing some things like he's close to 100%, or that there are no lingering affects of the knee injury and he can carry a full load, I will remain skeptical.

Tempted to start him over Sjax for pure upside. But I won't.

IF healthy, he really should have a monster day. I can also imagine that IF he does NOT get suspended, he may be extra motivated. Then again, you'd think he would be regardless after the dissapointing season he is having.

I can understand that Henry WANTS to get 20+ carries...but he doesn't call the plays. I would think Shanny gives Young and company some looks as well.

4:20 pm and still no word. My prediction is that there will be no word until Tuesday of next week - and the word will be suspension. If the decision was to be in Henry's favor, we would have heard by now. If they came to the conclusion he should be suspended late this week, they wouldn't make the announcement while Denver is prepping for week 13. So I say he's gone after this week.

Just my take - I have no inside information - just a hunch.

At this point I think the NFL front office is just messing with FFL'ers by waiting this long.

What, they're in heated last minute negotiations on whether to suspend or not? Doubtful.

I'm tempted to put Henry in my lineup. I got Westbrook and Chester in right now. Maybe I'll call you on the radio tomorrow and ask you what I should do. LOL! Don't answer that, I don't want a WSIS in this thread.
You didn't call!Most of the questions were about Kolby Smith and Travis Henry. Plus we had to give away OZZY tickets.

You didn't call!Most of the questions were about Kolby Smith and Travis Henry. Plus we had to give away OZZY tickets.
i didnt call either, but can you tell us wtf is going on with nfl and travis henry? this is the most absurd thing i have ever seen!

Users who are viewing this thread