What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tried Stud QB Stratagy last night (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pampernick

Footballguy
I am usually a big fan of the stud RB stratagy in my main 12 team re-draft league, but this year I decided to change it up a little and see what happens (won my league 2 years in a row). I selected Manning (6th overall) followed by McNabb in the second. I filled in with RB picks ( KJones, DDavis, SJackson, Anderson) followed by WR (Burleson, Clayton, Smith) and was pleasantly surprised by the way my team turned out. This isn't a rate my team thread , I just wanted to show how different stratagies can sometimes work out for the better.

I would think you must be disappointed you didn't land P. Holmes and R. Moss, too. That must be an exciting league.

I am usually a big fan of the stud RB stratagy in my main 12 team re-draft league, but this year I decided to change it up a little and see what happens (won my league 2 years in a row). I selected Manning (6th overall) followed by McNabb in the second. I filled in with RB picks ( KJones, DDavis, SJackson, Anderson) followed by WR (Burleson, Clayton, Smith) and was pleasantly surprised by the way my team turned out. This isn't a rate my team thread , I just wanted to show how different stratagies can sometimes work out for the better.
:no: If I could get KJones in the 3rd round and DDavis in the 4th and SJax in the 5th round I would go QB/QB too. That is unheard of value drafting in a 12 team league, even one that starts 2 QBs.

I would think you must be disappointed you didn't land P. Holmes and R. Moss, too. That must be an exciting league.
Well I was hoping Priest would slip but did not expect it (he went 1.05 , just freakin missed). The league is made up of friends and some people from the BBT board, mostly sharks but some guppies.

It would be interesting to see a copy of how the draft went down to see exactly how some of those players slipped...

I am usually a big fan of the stud RB stratagy in my main 12 team re-draft league, but this year I decided to change it up a little and see what happens (won my league 2 years in a row).  I selected Manning (6th overall) followed by McNabb in the second.  I filled in with RB picks ( KJones, DDavis, SJackson, Anderson) followed by WR (Burleson, Clayton, Smith) and was pleasantly surprised by the way my team turned out.  This isn't a rate my team thread , I just wanted to show how different stratagies can sometimes work out for the better.
:no: If I could get KJones in the 3rd round and DDavis in the 4th and SJax in the 5th round I would go QB/QB too. That is unheard of value drafting in a 12 team league, even one that starts 2 QBs.
Yeah, I was very surprised in the value I got too. I was expecting something like KJones, Westbrook or Taylor, and Dunn.

Stud QBs in a TWO QB league????No way man! :rolleyes: You are damn near a whale amongst us sharks here with this kind of innovative and out-of-the-box thinking. :bye: :ptts:

the simple fact is, getting the RB's you did illustrates that people in your league don't know what they are doing. Jackson in the fifth round? Come on.

pampernickle, could you post all the picks for us?

TIA

were you drafting against 2-year olds here or what?
I don't have all the picks, I can ballpark it if you'd like Aaron. Was 2 year olds a typo? Did you mean 20?

Last edited by a moderator:
All you showed is that the collective IQ of your league couldn't clear 70, even with a stiff breeze behind them.

The really freaky part is the guy drafting next, number 7 overall, went with the stud WR strategy. He landed Holt, Randy Moss, and TO in the first three rounds. Then, incredibly, he was able to grab value by filling in his RBs with Shaun Alexander and Clinton Portis. Tight ends are Witten and McMichael. It should be a battle between those two squads all season.

I tried a different approach too. I went K/K and man was I surprised!I got Vandy at 1.03 and was surprised to see Elam still around at 2.10! (It's never too early to get a kicker!)To my surprise I found Portis in the 4th and Moss in the 5th. I followed with A.Green in the the 6th and Holt in the 7th. I was kinda disappointed that Bulger was my only real option in the 8th, but hey I got good value up to this point.This isn't a rate my team post, it is a "your post is BS" post!

12 Teams. But unfortunately the 11 other teams are run by various Chimpanzees and Oranguatangs from the local zoo.I bet those are the same chimps that pick stocks with darts...KJ in the 3rdJackson in the 5th????????? :shock: comeon...

TIA

I don't have all the picks, I can ballpark it if you'd like Aaron. Was 2 year olds a typo? Did you mean 20?
:lmao: ballpark would be fine. :thumbup:
I select Safeco field. I plan on picking Bob Gibson and need a pitchers park to match up with my strength.

:hophead:

TIA

I select Safeco field. I plan on picking Bob Gibson and need a pitchers park to match up with my strength.
:fishing:
How am I fishing? Gibson had a crazy season in the time period we are using.

TIA

:fishing:
How am I fishing? Gibson had a crazy season in the time period we are using.
we're talking about your football draft here, guy.stay on topic.

1.01 ????

1.02 ????

1.03 ????

1.04 ????

1.05 ????

1.06 QB Peyton Manning

This can't end well. So to spare the innocent or the uninitiated, I am going to lock this. if other mods want this to go on, feel free to unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread