What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trivia (1 Viewer)

Good job cracKer. So now we have the question. It can be worded a few ways:TO "set" a record by being the first player in NFL history to lead his team in receiving yards while playing in less than half of his team's games.TO "broke" the record of leading his team in receiving yards while missing 9 games. Previously, only one person had led his team in receiving yards while missing 8 games. Before the 16 game schedule began, one other player led his team in receiving yards by missing the equivalent 7 games (half a season). Two other post-1978 guys have led their teams in receiving yards while missing 7 games.Another way of wording the question is TO broke the record of leading ALL WRs on his team in receiving yards. This brings in two guys (one post 1978, one pre-1978) who led all WRs on their team in receiving yards, but missed 7 games.

So, we've got:Post-1978, led team in receiving yards:Missed 9 games: Terrell OwensMissed 8 games: ____________Missed 7 games: _____________, ____________Post-1978, led all WRs on team in receiving yards but didn't lead the team:Missed 7 games: ___________Pre-1978, led team in receiving yardsMissed 7 games: ____________Pre-1978, led all WRs on team in receiving yards but didn't lead the team:Missed 7 games: ____________

Post-1978, led team in receiving yards:Missed 9 games: Terrell OwensMissed 8 games: ____________Missed 7 games: Wesley Walker, 1979 (NYJ); ____________Post-1978, led all WRs on team in receiving yards but didn't lead the team:Missed 7 games: ___________Pre-1978, led team in receiving yardsMissed 7 games: ____________Pre-1978, led all WRs on team in receiving yards but didn't lead the team:Missed 7 games: ____________

First NFL player to have his agent make him look like the biggest flippin goof this side of Bin Laden?First NFL player to do shirtless situps in his driveway?

By the way, you should get that thing for your keys where you whistle and it makes a noise.  Or quit smoking the drugs.
Dude, whatever you do, don't get one of these things. I got one for Christmas, and the thing goes off constantly. I'm driving into work (15 min drive) and the dumb thing goes off at least 15 times from the radio. I think mines about broke now from hitting it every time its gone off. I was in a meeting at work yesterday, and from people talking, the keys went off 2 times. The good news is I've yet to lose my keys with it on.
Brookstone (I think) makes a great product where you attach one part to your keys and the other sets off a signal when you push the button. Otherwise it never goes off. I'm sure other places make them, too.Thing is, you can't lose the part not attached to the keys or you're SOL. Since it has no other value, just keep it in the same place until you need it for another 20 seconds. I've had it since Christmas and used it more than a dozen times. Probably regained an hour or so of my life using it. Ended up wasting that hour, but that's another story....

1986 Henry Ellard, LA Rams.
Correct!Post-1978, led team in receiving yards:

Missed 9 games: Terrell Owens

Missed 8 games: ____________

Missed 7 games: Wesley Walker, 1979 (NYJ); Henry Ellard, 1986 (RAM)

Post-1978, led all WRs on team in receiving yards but didn't lead the team:

Missed 7 games: ___________

Pre-1978, led team in receiving yards

Missed 7 games: ____________

Pre-1978, led all WRs on team in receiving yards but didn't lead the team:

Missed 7 games: ____________

Users who are viewing this thread