What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trivia (1 Viewer)

Chase Stuart

Footballguy
Terrell Owens broke a record this year (at least since 1978. I can check further back later.)What was it?Who was the previous record holder?Who are now 3-5 on this list? (Hint: Unlike most of my trivia questions, only one Jet figures into this question, and it's right here.)This should be a good one (unless there was a story about this and I missed it.) :popcorn:

If you include players from 1960-1977, two other players "tie" the previous record holder. But Owens is certainly the new record holder.So, who were the previous 3* record holders? And then the next three?* = equals 2 from before 1977

I'll give it a shot....TO averaged over 100 yards receiving per game, not a record so this is wrong, but pretty amazing.T Holt has done this twice, R Moss once, and M Harrsion twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a pretty hard trivia question, especially considering there's not exactly a real question.I'll say this: The 6 names I'm thinking of are hardly household names. I'm sure there will be some football fans here that are only familiar with one of the names.

I hate to do this, but I have to step out. Don't worry, post your answers here and I'll get to them all pretty soon.Single season recordTO holds it, 3 others were tied before this year (or one other person held it alone, depending on how you phrase the question. Looking at my cutoffs for the years, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out.)That should be more than enough to get some pretty good guesses. I'll be back in a bit, and I'd imagine someone will have answered it by then. Best of luck!

Hint?

Is it some kind of consecutive game streak?
Nope. It's a single season record.
It wouldn't be times kicked out of practice, or media stories, appearances on sportscenter, or anything like that, would it?Game/stat related, or otherwise?

Color me stumped.The only thing that really jumps off the page at me is a high percentage of first downs in his overall catches.Like his road stats:26 catches, 21 for first downs.

Color me stumped.

The only thing that really jumps off the page at me is a high percentage of first downs in his overall catches.

Like his road stats:

26 catches, 21 for first downs.
Nope.Since I appear to have misplaced my keys, :rant: , I might be here a few more minutes.

Color me stumped.

The only thing that really jumps off the page at me is a high percentage of first downs in his overall catches.

Like his road stats:

Nope.Since I appear to have misplaced my keys, :rant: , I might be here a few more minutes.
Post a spoiler then, I am very curious and have no idea.

Color me stumped.

Like his road stats:

This is ridiculous. I don't live in a big place. I've checked every pair of jeans and jacket I own, it's in none of those pockets. If someone can figure out where my keys are, I'll give the answer.As for the question, it's obviously easy when you know the answer. But based on the hints I've given, I really don't think it's that hard to at least figure out the question. The answers on the other hand, will most likely involve someone cheating or a huge homer of that team that just knew the answer (or a super big FF fan).

Ok, trying to think about what happened in 1978. Isn't that the year that the NFL went to a 16 game schedule? And I think 1961 was the year they went to a 14 game schedule (up from 12)...Someone run with that.:lol:Not sure if that matters here or not...

Ok, trying to think about what happened in 1978. Isn't that the year that the NFL went to a 16 game schedule? And I think 1961 was the year they went to a 14 game schedule (up from 12)...

Someone run with that.

:lol:

Not sure if that matters here or not...
:thumbup: I'm now moving forward on the theory that my keys were eaten sometime between last night and right now.

It looks like I might be here awhile.

Most yards in the first four games of a season?By the way, you should get that thing for your keys where you whistle and it makes a noise. Or quit smoking the drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most yards in the first four games of a season?

By the way, you should get that thing for your keys where you whistle and it makes a noise. Or quit smoking the drugs.
Most times :cry: in a single season?
If I weren't so stoned on post-knee-surgery percosets, I'd probably be able to figure this out.
No, no and no.Where are my keys, dude?

By the way, you should get that thing for your keys where you whistle and it makes a noise. Or quit smoking the drugs.
Dude, whatever you do, don't get one of these things. I got one for Christmas, and the thing goes off constantly. I'm driving into work (15 min drive) and the dumb thing goes off at least 15 times from the radio. I think mines about broke now from hitting it every time its gone off. I was in a meeting at work yesterday, and from people talking, the keys went off 2 times. The good news is I've yet to lose my keys with it on.

This doesn't help at all, but if you want to change the question slightly to be more selective (and it's more impressive this way too), then TO broke/set the record that was held by only 2 people, not 3 (so only one pre-1978 player). And of the guys 4-6 on the list, only 2 of them survive this cut.I recognize this doesn't help one iota, but when you know the answer this will allow you to word the trivia question however you want (since it can be done in a number of ways.)

Two guesses:1. Most consecutive seasons with at least 10+ 20+yard receptions.2. Most consecutive seasons with a reception of over 35+ yards.

Two guesses:

1. Most consecutive seasons with at least 10+ 20+yard receptions.

2. Most consecutive seasons with a reception of over 35+ yards.
I have no idea about either of those, outside of that they aren't what I was looking for.

From now on every guess must be accompanied with at least one hiding place. Forbidden entries include:Jeans/Jacket pocketUnder bed/couchIn my microwave, freezer, dishwaser or fridge

From now on every guess must be accompanied with at least one hiding place. Forbidden entries include:

Jeans/Jacket pocket

Under bed/couch

In my microwave, freezer, dishwaser or fridge
Whoo-hoo!!!I have no idea how, but they were under pieces of paper from about a month ago on top of my dresser!!

I could give one of the answers (one of the two or three previous record holders). I wouldn't give anything but his name, so I think it wouldn't give it away. I'm in a good mood, so I don't mind giving hints.On the other hand, I don't want to make it too easy. Thoughts?

Highest yards per catch for the season, most TDs per reception, most receptions in the first 1/4 of the year, most TDs in the first quarter of the year, fumble free season, highest percent of targets caught, most public situps, highest dollars per game played, highest dollars per catch. Under bed.

Color me stumped.

Like his road stats:

This is ridiculous. I don't live in a big place. I've checked every pair of jeans and jacket I own, it's in none of those pockets. If someone can figure out where my keys are, I'll give the answer.As for the question, it's obviously easy when you know the answer. But based on the hints I've given, I really don't think it's that hard to at least figure out the question. The answers on the other hand, will most likely involve someone cheating or a huge homer of that team that just knew the answer (or a super big FF fan).
Kharma... :yes:

If I weren't so stoned on post-knee-surgery percosets, I'd probably be able to figure this out.
I'm done with my percosets. I hate that.

Highest yards per catch for the season, most TDs per reception, most receptions in the first 1/4 of the year, most TDs in the first quarter of the year, fumble free season, highest percent of targets caught, most public situps, highest dollars per game played, highest dollars per catch.

Under bed.
Here's a small hint which will let you know why your answers are wrong (outside of most TDs per reception, which Jumbo Elliot and some stupid Pats LB hold):I found this answer while scrolling through my seasons database.*

*my seasons database is made up of all the stuff I stole from Drinen.

Color me stumped.

Like his road stats:

Kharma... :yes:
,S

I feel pretty confident that this question won't end up with golf holes, since it's a fairly basic question.It's more obscure than "who has the most receiving yards in NFL history" but it's a lot less obscure than "who holds the record for most third down receptions from a player who graduated from a college ending in a vowel, wore a number divisble by 10, and was born in the same state as he played his professional home games."

It is interesting that he led the Eagles in receiving yards and receiving TD's while playing in fewer than eight games. I'm sure that doesn't happen very often.

Color me stumped.

Like his road stats:

Your keys are on your dresser under some old papers. Now that I figured out where your keys are can you give us the answer?

It is interesting that he led the Eagles in receiving yards and receiving TD's while playing in fewer than eight games. I'm sure that doesn't happen very often.
[familyfeud]Good answer, good answer. [/familyfeud]

Users who are viewing this thread