What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (2 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump just gave the commencement address at West Point. The graduating cadets wore masks and sat in chairs spaces apart to comply with social distancing requirements. The cadets were tested for the virus in advance and required to quarantine two weeks in advance of the event. 

Why wouldn’t just some of these same precautions be taken with respect to the attendees of the rally in Tulsa? 
I don’t know. I can only tell you what I heard yesterday. Some here don’t believe it obviously. But it’s also been widely reported that Trump moved part of the convention out of North Carolina because the governor refused to guarantee a maskless audience. 

Oklahoma is more than holding it's own as far as the virus. New cases, but testing is easy to get now. The mortality is so low & most people kick its ### rather easily.

I support whatever way they want to do the rally. You're free to wear a mask if you choose to go. Depending on a lot of factors (health, age. etc.), wear one & if they're effective, you won't get it. It's not hard.

Oklahoma is more than holding it's own as far as the virus. New cases, but testing is easy to get now. The mortality is so low & most people kick its ### rather easily.

I support whatever way they want to do the rally. You're free to wear a mask if you choose to go. Depending on a lot of factors (health, age. etc.), wear one & if they're effective, you won't get it. It's not hard.
The mask cuts down your chances considerably, but less so in a packed arena. 

Every public health expert says not to do this. Even the protests were held outside. The same venue where Trump’s rally is scheduled has cancelled all other events for the summer. 

The mask cuts down your chances considerably, but less so in a packed arena. 

Every public health expert says not to do this. Even the protests were held outside. The same venue where Trump’s rally is scheduled has cancelled all other events for the summer. 
Think about what we're doing here.

This shades red/blue a bit doesn't it? I'm for people analyzing the situation & making their own decision. You want more control. ;)

Do you think it’s distasteful if the Trump campaign affirmatively chooses not to implement any safety precautions at the event but at the same time asks everyone to sign a waiver and covenant not to sue for negligence if they contract the virus and suffer health problems as a result?

Fwiw I posted the stats further up, it's true that OK is in the bottom tier of cases per capita (ie bottom meaning lowest, OK is 12th from bottom, including territories). The current problem is that OK has had a recent spike in cases. The old problem is still rate of spread without mitigation efforts, and there will likely be 20-60 people going into that arena with Covid. So some people in Tulsa or surrounding counties are going to get hurt from this.

I'd agree with Birds (though I'm not sure if this is his point) that the campaign saying no masks are required is not the same as saying 'don't wear a mask'. Otoh this is the same campaign that is making people sign an e-waiver and register by phone.

Think about what we're doing here.

This shades red/blue a bit doesn't it? I'm for people analyzing the situation & making their own decision. You want more control. ;)
It’s not quite as simple as you make it out. 

After 9/11 every airport in the country instituted new rules in which you had to wait in line to be searched before you could enter. How many conservatives objected to that? Why didn’t they? 

Sure. But things might get ugly between protesters and Trump supporters and then the police.  Trump shouldn’t want that.
So we don't hold events because of some punks?

I live here. Race relations are good. I just got done working out & there was a black kid & a white kid hanging together, cutting up. It's just a snapshot of what's going on here.

Now, if you want to peacefully protest, you're more than welcome. As a rule, people tend not to put up with nonsense here. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, or brown (& we have quite a large Latino demographic).

There could be some ugliness with tensions so high, but there's idiots on both sides. As far as rioting, I can't think of a worse place to do it in.

So we don't hold events because of some punks?

I live here. Race relations are good. I just got done working out & there was a black kid & a white kid hanging together, cutting up. It's just a snapshot of what's going on here.

Now, if you want to peacefully protest, you're more than welcome. As a rule, people tend not to put up with nonsense here. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, or brown (& we have quite a large Latino demographic).

There could be some ugliness with tensions so high, but there's idiots on both sides. As far as rioting, I can't think of a worse place to do it in.
My guess is there were be tons of protesters and tons of counterprotesters.   A lot from out of town of course.   No way the Tulsa police can handle this.  Do we call up the guard for a Trump rally?

My guess is there were be tons of protesters and tons of counterprotesters.   A lot from out of town of course.   No way the Tulsa police can handle this.  Do we call up the guard for a Trump rally?
I don't know the answer to that question, but LEO aren't going to be the only ones responding to violence (if it gets bad enough). You have to remember that.

Which would make it worse.
I'm simply explaining our culture. Riots can be deadly. A bunch of people have been killed lately. People will protect themselves & others here.

We had armed citizens show up during the few skirmishes we did have & nobody got hurt. I know it's shocking to some. I get it. Just like the incident in Broken Arrow (Tulsa's largest suburb) a few years ago. Several people broke into a house all masked up with gloves on. The homeowner used an AR to stop the threat. A few days later there were some stories popping up from outrage groups saying how terrible it was a 16/17/18-year old got killed. You have be ####### kidding me. Yes, it was terrible, but they made very poor life-altering decisions.

Hopefully, CNN & others don't try to fan the flames. It would be a REALLY bad idea. Nobody wants that here. Hopefully, cooler heads prevail.

To highlight my own lack of knowledge, I had never heard of Juneteenth until the recent discussion on it and had to google what it was. I like to think I am pretty well read, but I had never even seen the term. 

BTW, saw some pretty sick comments on Facebook last night. People pretty much fanning the flames for the Tulsa trip.

I didn't know any of these people, but the current culture is getting out of hand. I'm just disappointed in all this horse####.

Instead of fanning the flames, why don't you have enough balls to show up & act the fool instead of simply enticing it? See how that works out for you. Good luck.

I'm simply explaining our culture. Riots can be deadly. A bunch of people have been killed lately. People will protect themselves & others here.

We had armed citizens show up during the few skirmishes we did have & nobody got hurt. I know it's shocking to some. I get it. Just like the incident in Broken Arrow (Tulsa's largest suburb) a few years ago. Several people broke into a house all masked up with gloves on. The homeowner used an AR to stop the threat. A few days later there were some stories popping up from outrage groups saying how terrible it was a 16/17/18-year old got killed. You have be ####### kidding me. Yes, it was terrible, but they made very poor life-altering decisions.

Hopefully, CNN & others don't try to fan the flames. It would be a REALLY bad idea. Nobody wants that here. Hopefully, cooler heads prevail.
Exactly.  Cooler heads should prevail by canceling.

Here is the text of the waiver that Trump is forcing attendees to approve

"By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President or any of their affiliates liable for any illness or injury"

I wonder how Trump can get away with having people sign over the rights of their companions, without the consent of those people.

Just how much do you want to be affected by the criminal element?

For me, not much.
If you really believed this, then you would not be encouraging "sick" commenters on Facebook to show up at the rally to "see how that works out".

BTW, saw some pretty sick comments on Facebook last night. People pretty much fanning the flames for the Tulsa trip.

I didn't know any of these people, but the current culture is getting out of hand. I'm just disappointed in all this horse####.

Instead of fanning the flames, why don't you have enough balls to show up & act the fool instead of simply enticing it? See how that works out for you. Good luck.

If you really believed this, then you would not be encouraging "sick" commenters on Facebook to show up at the rally to "see how that works out".
Haha. I knew it. You guys are so predictable.

I'm invested in this area, dude. My point is if it's going to happen, then have enough balls to show up instead of running your mouth.

Like my post above, slippery slope when you start giving in to the whims of some punks.

Again, absolutely no reason this can't be peaceful.

There's no way any trouble of any magnitude will be started by locals.

BLM has already had plenty of revenge for George Floyd. We simply want to hold our rally & be left alone. 

BLM, please don't come here looking for trouble. You WILL find it. 

I don't pray often, but I'll be doing just that Saturday before the rally (if we have it).

It's very stream of conciousness and a lot of it.
Huh?

Guys, I'm trying to do several things here. If my thoughts are more than a few minutes apart, it makes sense to make a new post, correct? Otherwise, the people in the thread don't get the notification.

The same thing happens when I quote other posts in a short timeframe.

BLM has already had plenty of revenge for George Floyd. We simply want to hold our rally & be left alone. 

I don't pray often, but I'll be doing just that Saturday before the rally (if we have it).
Are you going to this?

If so, have you already signed the release waiver to get tickets? Will you have guests that you also are signing the release for?

And will you be a masked man?

Revenge? Is that what you think the protests are about? I didn't see anyone who participated in the  marches here in L.A. holding up a sign saying "Revenge for George Floyd" - people were calling for justice, but that is not the same thing as revenge. 

Huh?

Guys, I'm trying to do several things here. If my thoughts are more than a few minutes apart, it makes sense to make a new post, correct? Otherwise, the people in the thread don't get the notification.

The same thing happens when I quote other posts in a short timeframe.
Not really. It makes sense to put some thought into a response first and makes for easier reading. If you hit send and immediately want to clarify something, just edit it. The way  you are posting ends up being very volumonious and, combined with those responding to you, really fills up the page.  It makes it harder to find the actual news and updates in a thread.

I'm not trying to be overly critical, just a suggestion.

Are you going to this?

If so, have you already signed the release waiver to get tickets? Will you have guests that you also are signing the release for?

And will you be a masked man?
I was thinking of going before it was rescheduled. One reason is I simply want to experience a political rally.

I have a conflict Saturday so much less of a chance now. As far as the mask, I haven't been wearing one. I'm in good health & I may have already had it (I know it's not well known yet how much immunity you get from it). I had really weird fatigue for 2 days then it just stopped. No other symptoms (similar to Sean Payton & what he said), but this was WAY back.

Revenge? Is that what you think the protests are about? I didn't see anyone who participated in the  marches here in L.A. holding up a sign saying "Revenge for George Floyd" - people were calling for justice, but that is not the same thing as revenge. 
I do not think that's what the protests are about, but that's what kicked it off.

The act has been revenged long ago. We get it. Stop the violence & canceling.

I do not think that's what the protests are about, but that's what kicked it off.

The act has been revenged long ago. We get it. Stop the violence & canceling.
Except the violence is not coming the BLM folks or the people who organized or participated in these protests, they have peaceful for the most part. The looting and rioting is from a criminal element trying to take advantage of the situation. 

And I don't agree that is what kicked it off. People were looking for justice and holding the four LEOs responsible for George Floyd's death, not enacting revenge on them. 

Not really. It makes sense to put some thought into a response first and makes for easier reading. If you hit send and immediately want to clarify something, just edit it. The way  you are posting ends up being very volumonious and, combined with those responding to you, really fills up the page.  It makes it harder to find the actual news and updates in a thread.

I'm not trying to be overly critical, just a suggestion.
Well, I get it, but one problem is you may not just be liking what you're hearing. You wouldn't be board-copping a lib.

If my thoughts are more than a few minutes apart & we're in an active discussion, why not post? It doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm doing my best here, but I have to run soon, anyway.

Well, I get it, but one problem is you may not just be liking what you're hearing. You wouldn't be board-copping a lib.

If my thoughts are more than I few minutes apart & we're in an active discussion, why not post? It doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm doing my best here, but I have to run soon, anyway.
Pretty sure anyone making half the posts in almost every active thread would be getting some feedback.

Except the violence is not coming the BLM folks or the people who organized or participated in these protests, they have peaceful for the most part. The looting and rioting is from a criminal element trying to take advantage of the situation. 
Haha. Violence not coming from BLM? Riiiiiight.

They're protesting & getting violent, not to mention the canceling.

I've broached this before...if we can't have an honest discussion, then it's not going to be fruitful.

I've broached this before...if we can't have an honest discussion, then it's not going to be fruitful.
No, not when you are making up stuff about BLM, like instigating violence.  

Plenty of examples of BLM going wrong causing violence. Their forte is looting for free stuff tho. 

BLM is a movement. They have no leadership (which is a mistake). They're committing violent acts & canceling.

Unfortunately, it's made up of quite a few punks to go along with a lot good people.

Like I've been saying from the start, this movement is making some huge mistakes. They had an absolute PERFECT opp to get their message across with the disgusting Floyd murder & do it the right way. They had everyone's attention from the start.

It's a shame.

BLM is a movement. They have no leadership (which is a mistake). They're committing violent acts & canceling.

Unfortunately, it's made up of quite a few punks to go along with a lot good people.

Like I've been saying from the start, this movement is making some huge mistakes. They had an absolute PERFECT opp to get their message across with the disgusting Floyd murder & do it the right way. They had everyone's attention from the start.

It's a shame.
Please provide a link to some actual proof of this, not just parroting that they are "committing violent acts & canceling" (whatever that means).

Users who are viewing this thread