What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turns out the Patriots also "form a wall"... (1 Viewer)

If the Jets had proof they would have sent it. I wish that Glazer had stopped the video and blown it up to clearly show (if) the player in question had stuck his leg out. The quality of that video was really poor. It is very difficult to tell from those picture in that the players right leg obscured his left leg. Clearly he moves forward then back but it is difficult to tell if he raised his leg. In the time frame the player moved by it would have been difficult for said player to lift his leg (to any degree) given the motion his body was in. Clearly he stepped toward the player in an effort to impede him but I don't see where he lifted his leg.

Further, I think it is a stretch to call that a wall in the sense that the Jets COACHES were lined up along the side line practically shoulder to shoulder.

No story here Jay; if there had been the Jets would have produced it to the League. They did it in the past; clearly they would have done it again.

Sean Crable is the LB Glazer is referring to.
First off, nice mitigating. It's clear that there's a player trying to impede the opponent. Whether it's with his whole body or a leg, it's still just as dirty a move.Second, I still don't understand, no matter if it's All-Pro players, coaches, waterboys or towelgirls, etc... if they stay behind the league mandated line, why is forming a wall somehow bad? Seems like a good strategy. If the gunner doesn't want to get impeded by legally placed sideliners then he shouldn't get pushed out of bounds that far.

This is the kind of behavior I would expect from a 6 year old kid. Admittedly, it was a complete bs statement, but at least Alosi could sack up and take responsibility on this. It's pretty hilarious how far Jets fans will go to whitewash this by deflecting blame just so they can justify it to themselves.

It's completely embarrassing behavior topped only by the excuses ---- i'd hate to follow any example set by that team, but Jets fans need to take a cue from Alosi on this one. The sacking up, i mean, not the tripping.

If this was any other team they'd be crying a river, but they're so starved for a win they'll embrace anything at this point.

Thank god I'm not stuck with the Jets as my team.

This is the kind of behavior I would expect from a 6 year old kid. Admittedly, it was a complete bs statement, but at least Alosi could sack up and take responsibility on this. It's pretty hilarious how far Jets fans will go to whitewash this by deflecting blame just so they can justify it to themselves. It's completely embarrassing behavior topped only by the excuses ---- i'd hate to follow any example set by that team, but Jets fans need to take a cue from Alosi on this one. The sacking up, i mean, not the tripping. If this was any other team they'd be crying a river, but they're so starved for a win they'll embrace anything at this point. Thank god I'm not stuck with the Jets as my team.
As a fan of the NFL, I was appalled by the Alosi trip. As a fan of the Dolphins, I felt terribly for Carroll and hoped to God he wasn't seriously hurt. These guys put their neck on the line every game and to see a young man treated that way makes me sick to my stomach.I can't see anything definitive on that video. There are some inconsistencies in Glazer's over the top "reporting" too. The gunner "jumped over" the trip but the Jets didn't learn of this until they picked up a practice squad player? Wouldn't the gunner know?Maybe the Patriots tried to trip somebody. Maybe not. If they did, one would expect the NFL to hand out some well deserved punishment.But I know the Jets tripped a player. And I think the timing of this - right before a play-off game between the two teams - seems just like more garbage talk... another unnecessary exploit of Nolan Carroll.Looking forward to a Steeler/Packer SB. Sorry, Bears fans.

If the Jets had proof they would have sent it. I wish that Glazer had stopped the video and blown it up to clearly show (if) the player in question had stuck his leg out. The quality of that video was really poor. It is very difficult to tell from those picture in that the players right leg obscured his left leg. Clearly he moves forward then back but it is difficult to tell if he raised his leg. In the time frame the player moved by it would have been difficult for said player to lift his leg (to any degree) given the motion his body was in. Clearly he stepped toward the player in an effort to impede him but I don't see where he lifted his leg.

Further, I think it is a stretch to call that a wall in the sense that the Jets COACHES were lined up along the side line practically shoulder to shoulder.

No story here Jay; if there had been the Jets would have produced it to the League. They did it in the past; clearly they would have done it again.

First off, nice mitigating. It's clear that there's a player trying to impede the opponent. Whether it's with his whole body or a leg, it's still just as dirty a move.Second, I still don't understand, no matter if it's All-Pro players, coaches, waterboys or towelgirls, etc... if they stay behind the league mandated line, why is forming a wall somehow bad? Seems like a good strategy. If the gunner doesn't want to get impeded by legally placed sideliners then he shouldn't get pushed out of bounds that far.
Nobody cares about the wall --- it's when jets coaches stick their legs out there to trip players that people who aren't jets fans object

Nobody cares about the wall --- it's when jets coaches stick their legs out there to trip players that people who aren't jets fans object
Somebody apparentlty does, if you look at the post I quoted.

Users who are viewing this thread