What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Two Hours of Live Audible 12/5 10 pm ET - Questions Go Here (1 Viewer)

First of all, thanks for all of the hard work you, Jene, and Cecil (and others) put into the audible every week - another successful year for me playoffs-wise, and the audible has a lot to do with that once again.

My question is about Andre Brown - both for this week vs. Vereen (PPR), and for the last 3 games in general. Brown looked bad for most of his carries vs. WAS, and I am concerned that he will lose goal line carries to Jacobs, and Hillis is still in the mix. He's still ranked pretty highly by you (and most others this week), so am I being too concerned?

I have to start 3 out of Charles, Murray, Vereen, Brown, MJD - with upside as my main determinant, right now I am going Charles, Murray, Vereen. Thoughts?

Hey Guys! Thanks for the help - in a must win vs my biggest rival - this game is worth a year of bragging rights. .5 ppr

I need 3 (2 RB and Flex) Alf Morris, Ben Tate (Thurs), Andre Brown, Bobby Rainey, or Danny Woodhead.

I also need a Def: Houston (vs Jax Thurs), Oak (vs NYJ), or Bal (vs Min)

Thanks!

PPR 1 point every 10 yards rushing and recieving as well

Which 2 do you start?

Vereen

Gio Bernard

Woodhead

Gore

Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Crunch time fellas! Good luck to everyone. Just have a couple questions based on the threads on this message boards.

1) In my PPR league my opponent this week has Alshon Jeffery and demarco murray in his line up. In my line up I have Matt forte and I'm thinking about playing josh mccown over romo and rivers as a safety blanket in case alshon goes off against 1 of the worst passing defenses. How do you guys feel about this strategy? (Willing to drop sproles for cutler to keep myself safe for Monday)

2) Also, how much do you guys trust romo and rivers for the playoff run (weeks 14-16)?

Thanks again

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice over the podcast all year. Love it.

My question is along the lines of sacrificing depth for potential playoff upside, which has been a topic of discussion in the past few weeks for the various podcasts out there.

Basically my question is... Where is the line drawn?

Here's my scenario, which I've also posted in the assistant coach form. I'm considering dropping Rainey for Montee Ball.

On the surface this seems like a bad idea, but here's why I'm thinking it.

1) We start 2 RBs every week and my current team is Vareen, Ridley, Sproles, Spiller, F-Jax and then Rainey. We can flex a third but I usually reserve that for the QB option.

2) it's a PPR league already giving me a good cross section of RBs to choose from every week.

3) There's no player add/drops at all for the remainder of this season, as of 1:00 pm EST this Sunday.

4) My opponent this week has Knowshon and if he's wore down/injured, Ball could bust out at the end of the season with good matchups. Moreno is the third highest scoring RB this year.

5) Rainey's best remaining matchup is this week and I'm likely not to play him as I like my other remaining options.

Am I crazy to do this or does it sound like a solid strategy to play for the upside?

Thanks in advance and love the show!

Good Evening, Gents! Looking ahead to Week 15, and wondering your thoughts on:

1. PPR league, for TE week 15, I have Jordan Reed@ATL and Jordan Cameron v.CHI. Would you consider picking up Ladarius Green @DEN if Reed doesn't get back on the field and Cameron sputters with Campbell again?

2. PPR league...need a WR2 week 15: Fitzgerald or Mi Floyd@TEN, TY Hilton vHOU, Stevie J@JAX, Bowe@OAK?

3. QB week 15...would you trust Rivers @DEN or roll R.Wilson@NYG?

4. Kicker question...if A.Rodgers doesn't come back by week 15, would you cut Crosby (@DAL, v.PIT) and pickup Hauschka (@NYG, v.ARI)?

thanks!

PPR 1 point every 10 yards rushing and recieving as well

Which 2 do you start?

Vereen

Gio Bernard

Woodhead

Gore

Thanks a lot guys!
The Chachinator stopped listening to the show because the guys are too nice and will answer these. To 99% of the audience it is of zero interest, a waste of time.

Love the show, guys. First time, long time.

It's the end of my season in my 12-team dynasty league. 9 player benches, so there are still some high quality prospects on the waiver wire. I'm cutting the dead weight off of my team and looking to stash some lottery tickets for next season. So, my two questions are:

1) Players like A.J. Jenkins, Brian Quick, Stedman Bailey and Jon Baldwin are out there...all of these guys still have a lot of upside, but who do you see as being the best stash? Any other similarly available WRs out there that you'd recommend?

2) I actually got lucky and traded away my former franchise QB Mike Vick right at the perfect time this season...but now I'm stuck with the only options for my QB of the future consisting of E.J. Manuel, Geno Smith and a couple 1st round draft picks. I still believe in Manuel's upside, but I'm starting to wane on Geno Smith and the Jets organization as a whole. With guys like Ryan Mallett, Brock Osweiler, Jake Locker and Sam Bradford on the waiver wire...who do you see as the best stash for next season? Is it still Geno? Or could Ryan Mallett end up with a new team and end up being a breakout candidate like Hoyer seemed like he was going to be this season?

Thanks guys!

Hey Fellas,

I just traded for Da'rick Rogers in a dynasty league. It was a bit of an overpay for me but I am very intrigued by him. He is a prototypical #1 WR that I'm hoping will take snaps from DHB as the season moves on. Wayne will be 35 or 36 and coming off of an ACL for next year. I feel like he could be in for a breakout.

What are the odds that he is going to flash at the tail end of this year and become part of the Colts long term plans for the future? I'm most worried about free agents and incoming rookies that may be able to push him back down the depth chart. I'm hoping you guys can ease my mind some.

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

A lot of us have been streaming defenses all season and will continue to do so throughout the fantasy playoffs. Which DST matchups do you guys like through weeks 14, 15 and 16?

First of all, thanks for all of the hard work you, Jene, and Cecil (and others) put into the audible every week - another successful year for me playoffs-wise, and the audible has a lot to do with that once again.

My question is about Andre Brown - both for this week vs. Vereen (PPR), and for the last 3 games in general. Brown looked bad for most of his carries vs. WAS, and I am concerned that he will lose goal line carries to Jacobs, and Hillis is still in the mix. He's still ranked pretty highly by you (and most others this week), so am I being too concerned?

I have to start 3 out of Charles, Murray, Vereen, Brown, MJD - with upside as my main determinant, right now I am going Charles, Murray, Vereen. Thoughts?
Piggybacking off this question, Andre Brown faces SEA and DET weeks 15 & 16. If we do not plan to start Andre Brown this week (or if we have a BYE) is there any reason to hold on to him?

Not a question, but the topic I'd appreciate most would be Tony Romo. Thoughts on his prospects Monday night, his poor record in December and whether there is any indication he could be trustworthy in these most important weeks. Or will it be more of the same that we've seen over the past month. Thanks as always and keep up the great work.

1. How much has Woodhead's value dropped after last week?

Last time he had a down week, he followed it up with 2 TDs.

I'm weighing him against Bobby Rainey in a PPR where I'm heavily favored. Thoughts?

2. Plain and simple, Keenan Allen or Mike Floyd PPR?

I like both guys a lot and have a hard time benching either one.

Again, looking for the safer PPR play.

When the guys on the show answer start sit questions, their logic and explanations are interesting to me every single time.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the hard work you do, the podcasts are brilliant. Yesterday's On The Couch was particularly good, I really enjoy the open flow of conversation in that weekly podcast and all the in depth chat that ensues.

Hitting the playoffs in my maiden FF football season. My QBs RBs etc are all set and I have Josh Gordon at WR1. However, I'm wading through a batch of WR2s and can't work out who is best going forward across the next three weeks..

Garçon

Fitzgerald

K Allen

V Jackson

They all seem to have interesting pros and cons such as form, QB ability, matchups etc and they are all so closely ranked together every week. Who out of those guys do you like most across the next three weeks ? Who do you like to potentially bust out a big one in week 15 and 16 ?

Any form of chat on any those guys would be great.

Hopefully it'll be useful to a lot of owners as these guys are all integral parts in a lot of peoples rosters teams.

Is Gordon a must-start regardless of who is throwing him the ball? Specifically, I am tempted to sit Gordon and play V-Jax, Jeffery, Antonio Brown and Kendall Wright due to the Gordon's QB woes and Talib shadowing him. Would you sit any of them in favor of Gordon? Thanks!

I'm in a 10-team ppr league that gives bonus points out for long touchdowns. For example, passing/receiving TDs are: 0-20 yards = 6 points, 21-40 = 9, 41+ = 12.

I have two tough decisions this week:

1) Start Matt Ryan, Fitzpatrick, or Flacco at QB?

2) This is the big one. I have to sit one of the following guys: AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Demariyus Thomas, Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon.

One twist to this decision: My opponent has Peyton Manning, so I'd lean toward leaving DT in my lineup.

I'm basically to the point of trying to split the hairs of QB play, matchups, and weather, to figure out which guy to sit. Doint that, I keep coming back to Gordon or Green. That's just crazy though, right?

squeaked into the playoffs in my 14 team ppr league and am playing the top seed.

qb - rg3 or fitzpatrick

wr - pick 2 between Michael Floyd, harry douglas, and riley cooper

te - delane walker or ledarius green, assuming walker plays

d - kc or philly

When the guys on the show answer start sit questions, their logic and explanations are interesting to me every single time.
that's swell you're entertained. For me it's useless information to hear if they would start Gore or Bell when I don't own either player.

Thought that I was in drivers' seat but after playing the last two weeks w/o a TE - I dropped from 1/2 seed to the sixth seed......

12 team, nonPPR

QB -.5pt every 10yards

everyone else 1pt every 10yds

All TDs are: 1-25yds (6pts) 26-39yds (9pts) 40+yds (12pts)

QB: McCown or Romo

Starting RB: McCoy and A.Brown

Starting TE: J.Thomas

Need 2WR and 1 Flex (RE/WR/TE) out of V.Cruz, A.Brown, V.Jackson, K.Allen, P.Harvin, M.Crabtree, T.Richardson, D.Woodhead, S.Vereen and J.Reed

Thanks guys!!!!!

Hey guy love the show my team is 10-3 got a bye in the first round. I have one transaction left this league limits transactions non PPR 6 points for all TDs. My question is who should I use my last transaction on. My team is

P Manning

RB McCoy

Bush

Woodhead

J bell

WR D Jackson

Cruze

J Gordon

Amendola

K stills

TE Olsen

Finley

Was thinking I'm weak at WR and TE so wS thinking of picking up Crabtree or C Fleener what do u guys think who would u pick up. Or should I just wait till after this week and see how the week goes because I won't need anyone till next week

Thank guy love the show listener since 2007

They might talk about a few if you were to ask about them rather than complain. Just sayin'

Some questions I have aren't start/sit related and maybe better suited for nonPlayoff Audible shows. If so, just put them on your to-do list.

1. How much "Luck" goes into Fantasy Football? I know there was a thread or several about this in the SP, but I was curious as to you three guys take as "Experts"

2. Often I hear you guys talk about this player being an RB2 or WR3 or QB2, etc. Where's the line drawn? I wish I had specific examples, but a lot of times I'll hear that phrase and think I wish I had that guy as my RB1, let alone a 3. So when you say a guy's an RB2 is he 13th through 24th?

3. When you do weekly o preseason Projections how do you do them? Without wasting a lot of time from Playoff roster questions, just touch on what goes into projecting DeMarco Murray for 1150 yards and 8 touchdowns.

4. What are the odds of getting Dr Gene "On the Couch" one day? I don't play IDP but listen to the IDP Roundtable for some more inside info on DSTs & enjoy his nonMedical Fantasy insight (as well as the Guru's).

Thanks!

ESPN standard scoring non-ppr.

Need to start 3 of these 4.

Dez Bryant

Demaryius Thomas

Josh Gordon

Keenan Allen

My issues:

Dez ~ 1 TD, zero 100 yard games the last 4 and playing Chi........ Murray show?

D.T. ~ Tenn corners and Manning exploting the favorable matchup and beating them with the underneath stuff....Welker's game.

Gordon ~ Well we know what's going on there with the QB's and Belichick coming up with a plan to shut down Clev only weapon.

Allen ~ Just the unknown, but last two games 100 yards recieving and a decent matchup at home.

Good Evening, Gents! Looking ahead to Week 15, and wondering your thoughts on:

1. PPR league, for TE week 15, I have Jordan Reed@ATL and Jordan Cameron v.CHI. Would you consider picking up Ladarius Green @DEN if Reed doesn't get back on the field and Cameron sputters with Campbell again?

2. PPR league...need a WR2 week 15: Fitzgerald or Mi Floyd@TEN, TY Hilton vHOU, Stevie J@JAX, Bowe@OAK?

3. QB week 15...would you trust Rivers @DEN or roll R.Wilson@NYG?

4. Kicker question...if A.Rodgers doesn't come back by week 15, would you cut Crosby (@DAL, v.PIT) and pickup Hauschka (@NYG, v.ARI)?

thanks!
cameron for green now, hilton and floyd Rivers get hauschka

Hey guys. Thanks for all the hard work you do, the podcasts are brilliant. Yesterday's On The Couch was particularly good, I really enjoy the open flow of conversation in that weekly podcast and all the in depth chat that ensues.

Hitting the playoffs in my maiden FF football season. My QBs RBs etc are all set and I have Josh Gordon at WR1. However, I'm wading through a batch of WR2s and can't work out who is best going forward across the next three weeks..

Garçon

Fitzgerald

K Allen

V Jackson

They all seem to have interesting pros and cons such as form, QB ability, matchups etc and they are all so closely ranked together every week. Who out of those guys do you like most across the next three weeks ? Who do you like to potentially bust out a big one in week 15 and 16 ?

Any form of chat on any those guys would be great.

Hopefully it'll be useful to a lot of owners as these guys are all integral parts in a lot of peoples rosters teams.
allen and vjax are the guys you want

Is Gordon a must-start regardless of who is throwing him the ball? Specifically, I am tempted to sit Gordon and play V-Jax, Jeffery, Antonio Brown and Kendall Wright due to the Gordon's QB woes and Talib shadowing him. Would you sit any of them in favor of Gordon? Thanks!
must start

I'm in a 10-team ppr league that gives bonus points out for long touchdowns. For example, passing/receiving TDs are: 0-20 yards = 6 points, 21-40 = 9, 41+ = 12.

2) This is the big one. I have to sit one of the following guys: AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Demariyus Thomas, Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon.

One twist to this decision: My opponent has Peyton Manning, so I'd lean toward leaving DT in my lineup.

I'm basically to the point of trying to split the hairs of QB play, matchups, and weather, to figure out which guy to sit. Doint that, I keep coming back to Gordon or Green. That's just crazy though, right?
Fitz

sit Brown

squeaked into the playoffs in my 14 team ppr league and am playing the top seed.

qb - rg3 or fitzpatrick

wr - pick 2 between Michael Floyd, harry douglas, and riley cooper

te - delane walker or ledarius green, assuming walker plays

d - kc or philly
rg3, sit douglas, green in, PHI D

Thought that I was in drivers' seat but after playing the last two weeks w/o a TE - I dropped from 1/2 seed to the sixth seed......

12 team, nonPPR

QB -.5pt every 10yards

everyone else 1pt every 10yds

All TDs are: 1-25yds (6pts) 26-39yds (9pts) 40+yds (12pts)

QB: McCown or Romo

Starting RB: McCoy and A.Brown

Starting TE: J.Thomas

Need 2WR and 1 Flex (RE/WR/TE) out of V.Cruz, A.Brown, V.Jackson, K.Allen, P.Harvin, M.Crabtree, T.Richardson, D.Woodhead, S.Vereen and J.Reed

Thanks guys!!!!!
romo

cruz allen vjax

Hey guy love the show my team is 10-3 got a bye in the first round. I have one transaction left this league limits transactions non PPR 6 points for all TDs. My question is who should I use my last transaction on. My team is

P Manning

RB McCoy

Bush

Woodhead

J bell

WR D Jackson

Cruze

J Gordon

Amendola

K stills

TE Olsen

Finley

Was thinking I'm weak at WR and TE so wS thinking of picking up Crabtree or C Fleener what do u guys think who would u pick up. Or should I just wait till after this week and see how the week goes because I won't need anyone till next week

Thank guy love the show listener since 2007
wait

They might talk about a few if you were to ask about them rather than complain. Just sayin'

Some questions I have aren't start/sit related and maybe better suited for nonPlayoff Audible shows. If so, just put them on your to-do list.

1. How much "Luck" goes into Fantasy Football? I know there was a thread or several about this in the SP, but I was curious as to you three guys take as "Experts"

2. Often I hear you guys talk about this player being an RB2 or WR3 or QB2, etc. Where's the line drawn? I wish I had specific examples, but a lot of times I'll hear that phrase and think I wish I had that guy as my RB1, let alone a 3. So when you say a guy's an RB2 is he 13th through 24th?

3. When you do weekly o preseason Projections how do you do them? Without wasting a lot of time from Playoff roster questions, just touch on what goes into projecting DeMarco Murray for 1150 yards and 8 touchdowns.

4. What are the odds of getting Dr Gene "On the Couch" one day? I don't play IDP but listen to the IDP Roundtable for some more inside info on DSTs & enjoy his nonMedical Fantasy insight (as well as the Guru's).

Thanks!
in the playoffs, luck often determines the title, getting to the playoffs, mostly skill

pretty much buckets of 12, altho there often isnt 12 Rb1s, Rb2s, etc during the bye weeks. i break this down in my positional tiers every week.

i dont do season projections, but i think history, forecasting overall offense effectiveness, and players share of offense

in the offseason i go into lots of sub topics, had dr. jene and will carroll do exactly what talk about this summer, will do it again next summer

Fitz

sit Brown
:hifive:

ESPN standard scoring non-ppr.

Need to start 3 of these 4.

Dez Bryant

Demaryius Thomas

Josh Gordon

Keenan Allen

My issues:

Dez ~ 1 TD, zero 100 yard games the last 4 and playing Chi........ Murray show?

D.T. ~ Tenn corners and Manning exploting the favorable matchup and beating them with the underneath stuff....Welker's game.

Gordon ~ Well we know what's going on there with the QB's and Belichick coming up with a plan to shut down Clev only weapon.

Allen ~ Just the unknown, but last two games 100 yards recieving and a decent matchup at home.
have to sit allen

Sig: I think I'm done with Jordan Cameron this week. Is the upside of Ladarius Green tantalizing enough to sit Cameron this week (or for the rest of the year)? Eddie Royal might be sitting again this week, so we might see the return of the predominant 2-TE sets for San Diego. Rivers is a much better source of targets than Jason Campbell is; Campbell *has* targeted Cameron (even in the end-zone), but most of those targets seem to have been hideous over-throws or just times where Campbell was throwing it away, in essence.

Users who are viewing this thread