What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ulbrich hurt? (1 Viewer)

WisWolvrns

Footballguy
I'm getting no love in the SF-IND thread or injury thread... so I'll ask over here if anyone has an update on Ulbrich's injury? Thanks.

to answer my own question... Ulbrich is showing up again in the statline in the 2nd half. so he must have just missed the 2nd quarter.

looks like a bicep tear... check during the week for more info... my guess is he misses time and/or isn't worth a start for awhile.

So, if indeed he does have a biceps tear, does Rasheed move up or does Peterson move over when he returns? In short, which do you think would be the better pickup since I'd been targeting Ulbrich?

More on the Ulbrich Injury...maybe we can change the title of the thread to include the injury.

Ulbrich plays through painHE MUST DECIDE ON SURGERY THAT COULD END HIS YEARBy Dennis Georgatos and Daniel BrownMercury NewsJeff Ulbrich, one of the 49ers' steadiest defenders, suffered a torn left biceps Sunday and must decide whether to undergo season-ending surgery or keep playing and risk the possibility of permanent damage.The linebacker's arm snapped back as he tackled Colts running back Edgerrin James during the second quarter. The force of the collision tore the muscle from the bone, Ulbrich said, though he resumed playing and finished with a team-high 10 tackles in a 28-3 loss.``He's in a lot of pain,'' fellow linebacker Derek Smith said. ``But he's going to play with pain and that's just a testament to what kind of guy he is. He's able to go out there and play with an injury and still be competitive.''Ulbrich said he will meet with team doctors today to discuss his options.He said he has been told that surgery to reattach the muscle would sideline him for the rest of the season. Doctors also told him that the injury could worsen if he tried to keep playing.``If I play with it, they might not be able to fix it,'' Ulbrich said.Ulbrich said he is tempted to keep playing, despite the cautionary words from doctors.``I really think we're going to do something special here,'' he said. ``I don't want to be on the sideline watching it when it happens.''Thornton holds his ownBruce Thornton, signed from the practice squad two weeks ago, was the 49ers' third starting left cornerback in three weeks after injuries to Ahmed Plummer and Derrick Johnson. In his first career start, he went up against one of the best.Thornton was covering Marvin Harrison for most of Sunday's game and won his share of the battles. Harrison was limited to two catches for 17 yards, and Thornton intercepted a pass at the goal line that Harrison had deflected. The swipe prevented Manning and Harrison from breaking the record they share with Steve Young and Jerry Rice for most touchdown passes by a quarterback-receiver tandem (85).``Marvin is fast, and he and Peyton have great timing between them,'' Thornton said. ``But he tipped the ball and I was able to make a play.''Thornton said he took pride in helping to prevent Harrison and Manning from hooking up for a score.``That's exciting, but I know I can do better because we lost the game,'' he said.

Published Tue Oct 11 10:38:00 a.m. ET 2005 (Rotoworld) LB Jeff Ulbrich has reportedly been told that he will lose 50 percent of the strength in his left arm for the rest of his life if he plays through a torn biceps muscle.Impact: And yet he's still considering it. "It's an emotional decision for me; I really love playing with these guys," Ulbrich said. This is the latest I have heard.

Published Tue Oct 11 10:38:00 a.m. ET 2005

(Rotoworld) LB Jeff Ulbrich has reportedly been told that he will lose 50 percent of the strength in his left arm for the rest of his life if he plays through a torn biceps muscle.

Impact: And yet he's still considering it. "It's an emotional decision for me; I really love playing with these guys," Ulbrich said.

This is the latest I have heard.
He is out for the year! Just seen it on ESPN news!!!!

Published Tue Oct 11 10:38:00 a.m. ET 2005

(Rotoworld) LB Jeff Ulbrich has reportedly been told that he will lose 50 percent of the strength in his left arm for the rest of his life if he plays through a torn biceps muscle.

Impact: And yet he's still considering it. "It's an emotional decision for me; I really love playing with these guys," Ulbrich said.

This is the latest I have heard.
He is out for the year! Just seen it on ESPN news!!!!
Yep. He decided to have the surgery and SF has already placed him on IR.

Users who are viewing this thread