What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unemployment lowest since 2008 (1 Viewer)

The Commish said:
All you have to do is read the first 70+ pages of the very thread you are posting in asking for proof. :oldunsure:
Not even close. You guys have gone so far off the reservation that they had to create a new forum to save FFA from the crazy. 
"You guys"?

I'm saying the exact same things in this thread I was saying 10 years ago.  The only thing that's different are the people agreeing and disagreeing with me.  I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's right here in black and white :shrug:  

So...like I said...if the Dems get this up to 144+ pages we can start the comparisons....otherwise, it's just :hophead: on your part.

I doubt you would and I wouldn’t either but I imagine some notable posters cycling through their posting history to delete as many of their posts previously written just so they can say, “Prove it,” when no one can because they deleted the evidence. 
Oh, I took a brief stroll down memory lane to make sure my memory was correct before I spoke.....rereading some of this stuff was pretty entertaining actually.  I highly recommend.  :thumbup:  

"You guys"?

I'm saying the exact same things in this thread I was saying 10 years ago.  The only thing that's different are the people agreeing and disagreeing with me.  I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's right here in black and white :shrug:  

So...like I said...if the Dems get this up to 144+ pages we can start the comparisons....otherwise, it's just :hophead: on your part.
Unless you are providing links to threads from the Obama terms with non liberals going nuts similar to the Trump/Russia threads for 2-3,000 pages and checking in daily for hours a day for years lets not waste anymore time. 

Unless you are providing links to threads from the Obama terms with non liberals going nuts similar to the Trump/Russia threads for 2-3,000 pages and checking in daily for hours a day for years lets not waste anymore time. 
I'll make a deal with you....you let me know when you're done shoving the goalposts around and I'll do my best to accommodate.  Fair?  I don't know that we'll get to a single thread of XXXXX amount of pages though.  Of course our last President only gave about 1/100th of the material to :hophead:  about.  That's probably a factor you should consider if you're attempting anything remotely intellectually honest.  As well as the fact that the "libs" seem better organized.  The larger topics usually stay in one thread.  That wasn't the case before.  We had a dozen or so healthcare threads....the largest one is still going at 600ish pages.  I thought this thread and this topic would be a good comparison for that very reason.  It's a topic they both have in common...would be interesting to compare the "lib" :hophead:  to the "conservative" :hophead:  when it's all said and done, no?

I'll make a deal with you....you let me know when you're done shoving the goalposts around and I'll do my best to accommodate.  Fair?  I don't know that we'll get to a single thread of XXXXX amount of pages though.  Of course our last President only gave about 1/100th of the material to :hophead:  about.  That's probably a factor you should consider if you're attempting anything remotely intellectually honest.  As well as the fact that the "libs" seem better organized.  The larger topics usually stay in one thread.  That wasn't the case before.  We had a dozen or so healthcare threads....the largest one is still going at 600ish pages.  I thought this thread and this topic would be a good comparison for that very reason.  It's a topic they both have in common...would be interesting to compare the "lib" :hophead:  to the "conservative" :hophead:  when it's all said and done, no?
No link? Cool let’s move on then as I said. 

Not as precious as these desperate attempts to defend the out of control behavior of the extreme left. As there is no reasonable comparison to defend it here are some On Topic links for this thread, doesn't look that bad to me. Lets focus on this great news. :thumbup:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/01/news/economy/may-jobs-report/index.html

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/01/news/economy/black-unemployment-rate-record-low/index.html
Desparate how?

All you have to do is link to some of the current board righties saying how great Obama was doing with similar job reports.  There's like 5 years of such numbers, so there's got to be examples all over this thread. Should be easy.

No link? Cool let’s move on then as I said. 
as I said.......

Not as precious as these desperate attempts to defend the out of control behavior of the extreme left. As there is no reasonable comparison to defend it here are some On Topic links for this thread, doesn't look that bad to me. Lets focus on this great news. :thumbup:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/01/news/economy/may-jobs-report/index.html

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/01/news/economy/black-unemployment-rate-record-low/index.html
I am not arguing that as Americans we should be celebrating this good news but you have to admit the people on the right were either downplaying their importance or denying their validity throughout the Obama administration.

I called that out very early in this thread and said that both parties do this.   It is so predictable that it is funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy the unemployment numbers are very low.  Particularly as my company (and my previous company) are getting pressured financially more now than they have in the last 3 years.  Not sure if that's the case for other employers / industries.

I am not arguing that as Americans we should be celebrating this good news but you have to admit the people on the right were either downplaying their importance or denying their validity throughout the Obama administration.

I called that out very early in this thread and said that both parties do this.   It is so predictable that it is funny.
Who are the folks on the left who are saying the economic numbers are fake or that the economy is really in horrible shape despite the "MSM" numbers?  Because that's the equivalent of what we saw from the folks on the right while the Obama economy hummed along in his 2nd term.

I don't see any liberals disputing the data or suggesting that the economy is really in the dumpster.  My side is happy to acknowledge the positive data and I hope that the economy continues to expand for years to come.  I don't see the "both sides" at all.   

Who are the folks on the left who are saying the economic numbers are fake or that the economy is really in horrible shape despite the "MSM" numbers?  Because that's the equivalent of what we saw from the folks on the right while the Obama economy hummed along in his 2nd term.

I don't see any liberals disputing the data or suggesting that the economy is really in the dumpster.  My side is happy to acknowledge the positive data and I hope that the economy continues to expand for years to come.  I don't see the "both sides" at all.   
The liberals may not have said the numbers were fake but there were certainly a lot of lefties that downplayed positive news about the economy when GWB was in office.  

The liberals may not have said the numbers were fake but there were certainly a lot of lefties that downplayed positive news about the economy when GWB was in office.  
I would argue that pointing out the historic bubble during GWB's administration is far different than Republicans claiming that the actual Bureau of Labor Statistics data is "fake".   

I would argue that pointing out the historic bubble during GWB's administration is far different than Republicans claiming that the actual Bureau of Labor Statistics data is "fake".   
Sep. 7, 2012

“Unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers”

Oct. 19, 2012
"7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%”

Aug. 11, 2013
“We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4 percent unemployment. But with real numbers.”

May 31, 2014
“Unemployment is a totally phony number.”

June 16, 2015
“Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.”

Aug. 11, 2015
“Then you hear there's a 5.4 percent unemployment. It's really — if you add it up, it's probably 40 percent if you think about it.”

Aug. 30, 2015
“They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4 percent unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42 percent, believe it or not.”

Sept. 28, 2015
“I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false.”

Sept. 29, 2015
“The number is not reflective. I have seen numbers of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. … That number is so false.”

Oct. 9, 2015
“They say 5.3 percent employment. The number is probably 32 percent.”

Oct. 11, 2015
“Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.”

Jan. 17, 2016
“Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? People that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed.”

Feb. 9, 2016
“Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”

March 12, 2016
“The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers.”

May 24, 2016
“You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

July 7, 2016
“The phony 5 percent numbers that we hear about with the unemployment.”

Aug. 8, 2016
“The 5 percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics.”

Nov. 4, 2016
“The terrible jobs report that just came out … you can see phony numbers, 5 percent.”

Dec. 8, 2016
“The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction.”

Sep. 7, 2012

“Unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers”

Oct. 19, 2012
"7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%”

Aug. 11, 2013
“We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4 percent unemployment. But with real numbers.”

May 31, 2014

June 16, 2015
“Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.”

Aug. 11, 2015
“Then you hear there's a 5.4 percent unemployment. It's really — if you add it up, it's probably 40 percent if you think about it.”

Aug. 30, 2015
“They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4 percent unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42 percent, believe it or not.”

Sept. 28, 2015
“I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false.”

Sept. 29, 2015
“The number is not reflective. I have seen numbers of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. … That number is so false.”

Oct. 9, 2015

Oct. 11, 2015
“Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.”

Jan. 17, 2016
“Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? People that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed.”

Feb. 9, 2016
“Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”

March 12, 2016
“The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers.”

May 24, 2016
“You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

July 7, 2016

Aug. 8, 2016

Nov. 4, 2016
“The terrible jobs report that just came out … you can see phony numbers, 5 percent.”

Dec. 8, 2016
:ptts:  

Sep. 7, 2012

Oct. 19, 2012

Aug. 11, 2013

May 31, 2014

June 16, 2015

Aug. 11, 2015

Aug. 30, 2015

Sept. 28, 2015

Sept. 29, 2015

Oct. 9, 2015

Oct. 11, 2015

Jan. 17, 2016

Feb. 9, 2016

March 12, 2016

May 24, 2016

July 7, 2016

Aug. 8, 2016

Nov. 4, 2016

Dec. 8, 2016
Nevermind

The Commish said:
Nevermind
Don't worry, I have some good quotes from this thread that didn't post well earlier.  The Trump quotes were easy.  Wait till tomorrow.

Basically exactly what happened on day 1 of Trump's presidency.  Good call.
I haven’t even posted in this thread since about two weeks after inauguration and have never commented on a single employment report under President Trump.

you guys just like make up your own little delusional realities

Don't worry, I have some good quotes from this thread that didn't post well earlier.  The Trump quotes were easy.  Wait till tomorrow.
It's an exercise in futility....neither group is going to accept reality even if it's in black and white right in front of their faces.

I haven’t even posted in this thread since about two weeks after inauguration and have never commented on a single employment report under President Trump.

you guys just like make up your own little delusional realities
Wasn't necessarily referring to you in particular.

Recently improving? Really? This was an unmitigated disaster of a jobs report. The country lost 122,000 jobs in this last reporting period. Flabbergasting that this is considered an improvement.

The only reason the jobs report had a plus sign behind it is because 350,000 people withdrew from the job market. So the SSI, welfare, and unemployment rolls get bigger while the headline number is positive. Amazing.

Fact is these job numbers have us back in solid recession territory.
According to Sand, a 146,000 jobs report in Dec of 2012 had us back in "solid recession territory".  

According to Sand, a 146,000 jobs report in Dec of 2012 had us back in "solid recession territory".  
All depends on how many people withdrew from the job market.  Back in 2012 the labor participation rate was steadily falling.  It has leveled off.

That dramatically changes the math on what the job creation numbers mean.

All depends on how many people withdrew from the job market.  Back in 2012 the labor participation rate was steadily falling.  It has leveled off.

That dramatically changes the math on what the job creation numbers mean.
lmfao, it hit it's current level in 14, dipped a bit in 15 and has held steady since.  And you do realize that labor force participation rate is a horrid metric of employment, right?

From what I understand, this is an outstanding jobs report and the reason the unemployment rate ticked up is because more people are coming back into the workforce.
It is in that regard but wages are still flat.  I think we would agree that's "bad" but guys I just saw interviewed from Wells Fargo and J. P. Morgan see it as "good" because there will still be high corporate profits. 

I've heard, and many people are saying, many smart people, that unemployment is really like 40%.  I don't know but many people are saying this, really really smart people
The current employment to population ratio (which measures working age) currently stands at 60.4 %, so that 40% is pretty much on point...although you were just trying to be a smartass, so you and everybody who liked your post should be feeling stupid right now....

The current employment to population ratio (which measures working age) currently stands at 60.4 %, so that 40% is pretty much on point...although you were just trying to be a smartass, so you and everybody who liked your post should be feeling stupid right now....
That's not how the unemployment rate works

you must be smart because many smart people are saying this. like really, really smart, so smart it'll make your head spin

Users who are viewing this thread