What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UPDATED DRAFT ORDER (1 Viewer)

1 Houston 2 - 13 .556

2 New Orleans 3 - 12 .507

3 Green Bay 3 - 12 .520

4 San Francisco 3 - 12 .573

5 N.Y. Jets 3 - 11 .536

6 Tennessee 4 - 11 .493

7 Oakland 4 - 11 .529

8 Arizona 5 - 10 .480

9 St. Louis 5 - 10 .480

10 Detroit 5 - 10 .493
Personally, I think the Titans beat the Jags. But, if the lose and SF beats HOU and GB beats SEA (I know, I know, but I don't think we see many SEA starters), then the Titans go to 4th. If NYJ also beats BUF, they go to 3rd.Titans beat Jags, they drop to around 11.

These are the teams that need the indicated player (not saying this is the order they'll get drafted in):

Houston:  D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Green Bay:  Reggie Bush

New Orleans:  Matt Leinart

SF:  A new owner
I think the Saints would be much better off using their pick on a new owner before SF snaps the best prospect off the board.
The Niners were a ONCE PROUD franchise that's being run into the ground now. New Orleans was never a proud franchise. That's my twisted logic.

Houston's one above what's shown in these - they start at 129 wins right now, not the 128 in the original bit. The rest looks good.

-QG
Great Blue North draft report updated today and they have them at a .533 SOS which is 128-112.

These are the teams that need the indicated player (not saying this is the order they'll get drafted in):

Houston: D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Green Bay: Reggie Bush

New Orleans: Matt Leinart

SF: A new owner
Wake up and smell the coffee.... GB aint pickin in the top three. Probably at # 4 or 5, maybe 6. You have bad info.

Houston's one above what's shown in these - they start at 129 wins right now, not the 128 in the original bit.  The rest looks good.

-QG
Great Blue North draft report updated today and they have them at a .533 SOS which is 128-112.
NFL.com shows them at .556http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference
Once again, here's the difference . . .NFL.com lists SOS based on games already played. GBN lists SOS INCLUDING future opponents. So GBN is including SF's record while NFL.com does not.

Houston's one above what's shown in these - they start at 129 wins right now, not the 128 in the original bit. The rest looks good.

-QG
Once again, here's the difference . . .NFL.com lists SOS based on games already played. GBN lists SOS INCLUDING future opponents. So GBN is including SF's record while NFL.com does not.
Exactly. It doesn't make much sense to talk about, say, GB being about even with Houston in SOS. Because we know next week GB plays a 13-2 team and Houston plays a 3-12 team, which is going to put Houston way ahead in the final SOS, so we may as well use the SOS for all opponents even if they haven't been played yet.

d'oh!That's what I get for workin' semi-backwards :loco: Hope I didn't serve to confuse, just wrote down one of the other team's records wrong:)-QG

Houston's one above what's shown in these - they start at 129 wins right now, not the 128 in the original bit.  The rest looks good.

-QG
Exactly. It doesn't make much sense to talk about, say, GB being about even with Houston in SOS. Because we know next week GB plays a 13-2 team and Houston plays a 3-12 team, which is going to put Houston way ahead in the final SOS, so we may as well use the SOS for all opponents even if they haven't been played yet.
I wasn't sure what base information you were working from - just wanted top be sure you had the correct information to work with.

GregR:

I just did a quick manual count on GB, and unless my logic is wrong, Packers will be at 137-116 + results from the Bengals, Lions, and Eagles

Since GB played DET twice this year and PIT once, they get at least the 1 win (already added in). If PIT wins they don't have any additional wins, but if DET wins they get the extra one. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Last edited by a moderator:
GregR:

I just did a quick manual count on GB, and unless my logic is wrong, Packers will be at 137-116 + results from the Bengals, Lions, and Eagles

Since GB played DET twice this year and PIT once, they get at least the 1 win (already added in). If PIT wins they don't have any additional wins, but if DET wins they get the extra one. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Yep, you're right, good catch. Had the record right, but I had the wrong team from that Lions-Steelers game listed. I'll edit my previous post.

Strength of schedule is used to break ties, with the team having the easiest schedule getting to pick first. According to Moede’s research, seven games must go the Packers’ way in order for them to have a chance at the top pick: Indianapolis over Arizona; New York Jets over Buffalo; Pittsburgh over Detroit; New Orleans over Tampa Bay; Seattle over Green Bay; Houston over San Francisco; St. Louis over Dallas.The Packers, Texans and 49ers then would finish in a tie for the worst record at 3-13. Opponents of the Packers and Texans would have the same .535 winning percentage, with the 49ers trailing at .539.A coin flip would determine whether the Packers or Texans get the top pick.
link

Strength of schedule is used to break ties, with the team having the easiest schedule getting to pick first. According to Moede’s research, seven games must go the Packers’ way in order for them to have a chance at the top pick: Indianapolis over Arizona; New York Jets over Buffalo; Pittsburgh over Detroit; New Orleans over Tampa Bay; Seattle over Green Bay; Houston over San Francisco; St. Louis over Dallas.

The Packers, Texans and 49ers then would finish in a tie for the worst record at 3-13. Opponents of the Packers and Texans would have the same .535 winning percentage, with the 49ers trailing at .539.

A coin flip would determine whether the Packers or Texans get the top pick.
link
That is one of those mathematical possibilities, with a less than 1% chance of happening. GB will not be in the top three.

Jets blow it with the win. GB as well. NO loses. Where do we stand?What is the best Jet scenerio - I assume if SF wins that would give the Jets a chance at a higher pick?

Jets blow it with the win. GB as well. NO loses. Where do we stand?

What is the best Jet scenerio - I assume if SF wins that would give the Jets a chance at a higher pick?
We need san fran and tennesse to win....Just figures that they'd win this one today... :hot:

1 Houston 2 - 13 .556

2 New Orleans 3 - 12 .507

3 Green Bay 3 - 12 .520

4 San Francisco 3 - 12 .573

5 N.Y. Jets 3 - 11 .536

6 Tennessee 4 - 11 .493

7 Oakland 4 - 11 .529

8 Arizona 5 - 10 .480

9 St. Louis 5 - 10 .480

10 Detroit 5 - 10 .493
Personally, I think the Titans beat the Jags. But, if the lose and SF beats HOU and GB beats SEA (I know, I know, but I don't think we see many SEA starters), then the Titans go to 4th. If NYJ also beats BUF, they go to 3rd.Titans beat Jags, they drop to around 11.
If they lose, the Titans are up to 4th already, with the NYJ and GB wins that I predicted. If SF wins, Titans go to 3rd, their best possible spot with the NO loss.

So where do we stand?? Did New Orleans wrap up the #1 pick if Houston loses?

Certainly appears that way....Only 3 teams can be 3-13 now.... NO (done), SF (if they lose) and Hou (if they win).

Jets, GB blew it.

I believe so. I have their SOS as being 133-122 + Rams result. Houston (if they win) I have at 135-120 + Rams, so Texans can't catch them if they win.

Certainly appears that way....Only 3 teams can be 3-13 now.... NO (done), SF (if they lose) and Hou (if they win).

Jets, GB blew it.
Boy, that would be an interesting situation for New Orleans. They obviously need a QB. The #2 pick may end up being the real Reggie Bush Sweapstakes winner this year.

The #1 and #2 slots are locked in to Houston and New Orleans now.If HOU wins today, they hand NO the #1 pick (and SF would own the #3 pick).If HOU loses today, HOU owns the #1 pick (I'm not sure who would end up #3 at this point in time).

Why wouldn't New Orleans take Bush? McAllister has been unable to stay healthy the last two years, so he isn't exactly reliable. And while Leinart is a top prospect, Bush is probably more of a sure thing and less likely to be a bust.

Why wouldn't New Orleans take Bush? McAllister has been unable to stay healthy the last two years, so he isn't exactly reliable. And while Leinart is a top prospect, Bush is probably more of a sure thing and less likely to be a bust.
Haslett says that Bush is the highest rated player to ever come out of college that he can recall. I suspect NO will be fielding offers for the #1 pick.

So where do we stand??  Did New Orleans wrap up the #1 pick if Houston loses?

Jets, GB blew it.
Jets would have blown the pick if they had it.....

The #1 and #2 slots are locked in to Houston and New Orleans now.

If HOU wins today, they hand NO the #1 pick (and SF would own the #3 pick).

If HOU loses today, HOU owns the #1 pick (I'm not sure who would end up #3 at this point in time).
IF Houston WinsSaints

Houston

SF

Titans

Jets

IF SF wins

Hou

Saints

Titans

Jets

If HOU loses today, HOU owns the #1 pick (I'm not sure who would end up #3 at this point in time).
IF Houston WinsSaints

Houston

SF

Titans

Jets

IF SF wins

Hou

Saints

Titans

Jets
So Jets are locked into either the #4 or #5? What about GB and Oaks SOS?

IF Houston WinsSaints

Houston

SF

Titans

Jets

IF SF wins

Hou

Saints

Titans

Jets
So Jets are locked into either the #4 or #5? What about GB and Oaks SOS?
I was wondering the same thing.. Raiders I thought jumped a few spots..

IF Houston WinsSaints

Houston

SF

Titans

Jets
I dont get this. If Houston wins then its a 3 way tie between NO-HOU-SF so it would go to NO due to SOS. Then its a 2 way tie between HOU & SF and if HOU wins wouldnt SF get the #2 pick?

Why wouldn't New Orleans take Bush? McAllister has been unable to stay healthy the last two years, so he isn't exactly reliable.
Fair point - McCallister will need to recover from his ACL injury, and may not be ready (or 100%) by the beginning of the season.The only thing is IIRC, the Saints gave some big money to Deuce and that would be two big contracts at RB.

strength of schedule and Houston had the easier schedule, so they would go ahead of SF if tied

strength of schedule and Houston had the easier schedule, so they would go ahead of SF if tied

So head-to-head has no bearing on draft order but does have a bearing a playoff spots?

Houston will get the first pick with a tie, too, which seems like a possibility now (and a way to save face for not "trying to lose").

Users who are viewing this thread