What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (4 Viewers)

Dest with very quick feet in the box.

This looks really good.  everyone looks good on the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming on to this, I wanted the US to impose themselves on the game and dictate things. Almost through 40, and mission accomplished so far.

Need more on the ball from Sarge. Needs to hold the ball better and get to the ball first better. Love his work off the ball..

####.

Coming on to this, I wanted the US to impose themselves on the game and dictate things. Almost through 40, and mission accomplished so far.

Need more on the ball from Sarge. Needs to hold the ball better and get to the ball first better. Love his work off the ball..

####.
Agree Sargent has not looked the part 

Sargent will be a great roster piece for concacaf but really hope he’s not a starter for competitive matches.(top 30 sides)

Sprinkle Pulisic, Adams and Steffen back into this and things should look even better.

People online hate Lletget but my eyes say his style fits well. I think Musah's upside is high but I have no issues seeing Lletget play.

Sprinkle Pulisic, Adams and Steffen back into this and things should look even better.

People online hate Lletget but my eyes say his style fits well. I think Musah's upside is high but I have no issues seeing Lletget play.
Yep. He's been solid. A little bit of an early trigger, but if that's the biggest negative, I'll take it.

Also, not sure how good Horvath is stopping shots compared to Steffen, but I like how comfortable on the ball he is and his distribution has stood out whereas I've never come away feeling the same watching Steffen.

Only caught the last 10 minutes or so, so I only have a few quick observations...

1) I like Sargent's speed/energy. He's not the statue he was not that long ago.

2) Bad luck on the hand ball call; very professional move by the Swiss player, and I have to believe the PK was scuffed on purpose,

3) Re: Lleget. I missed his goal, but I didn't like what little of his passing that I saw. Like was mentioned earlier, he's not putting the ball into a place where his teammates can do anything with it.

4) The pressing looked disorganized in the time I saw, and the mid field was left too wide open. Hopefully Musah is an upgrade over Lleget in that aspect.

Lletget is similar to Sargent for me, useful piece but hope he’s not on the pitch vs top sides.
We have to be realistic though.  We don't have a Pulisic level player at most positions.   There are always going to be players that are a little weaker.  

And as improved as we are, that is probably still more than a decade away.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
We have to be realistic though.  We don't have a Pulisic level player at most positions.   There are always going to be players that are a little weaker.  

And as improved as we are, that is probably still more than a decade away.
It’s a sugar high on all the youth coming on. As excited as I am about this team, I think we need to remember that depth is going to play a huge part in this jam packed schedule coming up. 

Lletget, Yuiell, etc are going to be important. 

Aaronson, dest and Brooks looked terrific.  
I don't know if it's all on Dest, but he got caught upfield too many times for my liking, letting runners in behind him. There was a throw-in towards the end of the half where he completely didn't bother to run with his man who ended up in the box solo.

Still lights out when he's on the ball....but needs to be more aware defensively.

Only caught the last 10 minutes or so, so I only have a few quick observations...

1) I like Sargent's speed/energy. He's not the statue he was not that long ago.

2) Bad luck on the hand ball call; very professional move by the Swiss player, and I have to believe the PK was scuffed on purpose,

3) Re: Lleget. I missed his goal, but I didn't like what little of his passing that I saw. Like was mentioned earlier, he's not putting the ball into a place where his teammates can do anything with it.

4) The pressing looked disorganized in the time I saw, and the mid field was left too wide open. Hopefully Musah is an upgrade over Lleget in that aspect.
Don't think I've ever seen Sarge statuesque...I'd say its the opposite. Always moving, making good/great runs and covering a ton of ground and setting up good team shape defensively. He just lacks a little top end explosiveness that's the difference- I think- between him getting to the space and ball first routinely.

Easy handball PK call for me. Today's game, Dest has to keep his hands at his side or behind his back back in that position. His hand was clearly away from his body in an unnatural position and the ball clearly hit has hand.

US looks so dangerous attacking.

More importantly, I love when US have possession in the final third, Swiss aren't pressing hard knowing they could get beat on the dribble. In the past, it always seemed US would find huge pressure any time they tried to attack with possession because of a lack of skills collectively.

Users who are viewing this thread