What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (13 Viewers)

No bad consiering the injuries to Ream and Adams and Pulisic hugging the bench for long stretches.

===================================

Paul Carr

@PaulCarr

U.S. internationals in the Premier League this season, by the numbers...

7 players appeared, most since 2013-14
180 matches played, most since 2010-11
13,224 minutes, most since 2012-13

The games and minutes are most by U.S. *non-keepers* since 2006-07.

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Leeds before firing Jesse Marsch: 4W-6D-10L — 18 points (0.9 PPG)
Leeds after firing Jesse Marsch: 3W-4D-11L — 13 points (0.72 PPG)
Not great under Marsch, but it's not like it got any better.

Leeds w/ Adams: 5W-8D-11L (0.96 PPG)
Leeds w/out Adams: 2W-2D-10L (0.57 PPG)

Fabrizio Romano
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano
@FabrizioRomano

Understand Feyenoord have opened talks with Augsburg to sign Ricardo Pepi as new striker for next season. #transfers “I’d be happy to stay in Eredivisie, great league!”, Pepi said. Timing will be crucial in this deal, that’s why Feyenoord are pushing — race remains open.
Not sure about this one. They won the league and get UCL next season. But they just signed Gimenez a year ago. There's probably enough room for both but I'd rather him move somewhere he is expected to be the guy. That said, Pepi is better than Gimenez and it would be a lot of fun for him to move there and take the starting job.

Martin Hardy

@mhardysport

Weston McKennie gets substituted for Leeds and Leeds fans bid farewell to the American by chanting 'You fat *******' at him as he goes off.
While I hate it for Wes, I hope he takes it to heart. He could be a much better player if he took his career more seriously.

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sources: Brenden Aaronson has a relegation release clause in his contract, which is now active with Leeds United's relegation. The clause makes it more likely the USMNT midfielder transfers this summer. Sources expect clause to be triggered.

Holy hell, I did not realize Celta were in relegation danger as I had stopped paying attention to them recently and they have face planted (1 point from their last 6 games combined). They are only 1 point out of the relegation zone with one game to play and they play Barcelona in the last game.

Having Luca drop would suck..

Valencia are only two points out of the relegation zone so they are not yet safe either.

jesus, this year with the clubs has been the worst results I can ever remember

Pepi, Aaronson, McKennie, EPB, Adams, and Harkes all played for teams that were relegated.

Bello (in relegation playoff), Musah and LDLT all have a chance to be relegated.

Last edited:
jesus, this year with the clubs has been the worst results I can ever remember

Pepi, Aaronson, McKennie, EPB, Adams, and Harkes all played for teams that were relegated.

Bello (in relegation playoff), Musah and LDLT all have a chance to be relegated.
wait....Bello's team may go down? ffs he can't force his way into a Bundes2 relegation level side? Absolute disaster level transfer for him for one but the fact that a year and a half ago he was getting starts in WCQ is mind-bending.

ETA: ouch, I didn't realize he was in our June camp last year and played in Nations League at that point as well

Last edited:
Martin Hardy

@mhardysport

Weston McKennie gets substituted for Leeds and Leeds fans bid farewell to the American by chanting 'You fat *******' at him as he goes off.
While I hate it for Wes, I hope he takes it to heart. He could be a much better player if he took his career more seriously.
we have joked about it for a while in that the Leeds kit is not slimming, but he needs to lose maybe 7-10 pounds. He has a big frame but I think dropping a little weight will give him some added quickness and mobility like he had when he was a teenager.

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Sources: West Ham's pursuit of USMNT fullback Bryan Reynolds would include the plan of an initial loan to Sparta Prague for the 2023-24 season. With Reynolds’ familiarity & form in Belgium, staying or heading to the neighboring Netherlands seems likely.

My memory sucks... But I have a recollection of being impressed with NZ at a previous youth WC. Not necessarily the same group of players, but I remember thinking they played far better individually and collectively than I had expected. Just saying it may not be the pushover we're assuming.

My memory sucks... But I have a recollection of being impressed with NZ at a previous youth WC. Not necessarily the same group of players, but I remember thinking they played far better individually and collectively than I had expected. Just saying it may not be the pushover we're assuming.
They have advanced from the group stage of the U20 World Cup 4 straight times which is really impressive.

wow, woke up to this on the front page of ESPN (note: with the point deduction penalty, they will not be in Champions League this year)

======================

Juventus are leading the race to sign Christian Pulisic, sources told ESPN, with Chelsea prepared to offload the United States forward for a £20 million fee this summer.

Although Chelsea have now confirmed the appointment of Mauricio Pochettino as the new head coach at Stamford Bridge on a two-year contract, sources have said that the arrival of the former Tottenham Hotspur and Paris Saint-Germain boss will not signal a U-turn on the club's decision to listen to offers for Pulisic.

Pulisic, a £58m signing from Borussia Dortmund in 2019, has 12 months remaining on his contract at Chelsea. With the club needing to reduce the size of their squad and wage bill after spending £585m on new players since Clearlake Capital bought out former owner Roman Abramovich a year ago, sources have said that Pulisic is high on the list of potential departures.

A number of clubs have been approached about the prospect of signing Pulisic, with sources telling ESPN that Manchester United, Newcastle, Napoli, AC Milan and Galatasaray have all been made aware of the player's likely fee and salary, which sees him earn £13m per year at Chelsea.

But Italian club Juve have emerged as the front-runners, despite their reluctance to match Pulisic's Stamford Bridge pay deal.

He played at Ursinus College. My brother played lacrosse there about 8 years ago. At the last minute, having never played competitive soccer in his entire life.....he tried out for the team for fun...and made it.

Not a great sign

Props to Hudson for defying my expectations and doing better than fine under difficult circumstances. I never thought I'd be concerned to see the absolute worst MLS coach in recent memory (worse than Thierry Henry!) leave the US camp early.

7 straight shut out halves should point to a nice tournament for Gaga but the US is giving up nothing defensively. What little time they don't have possession, the opposition never looks dangerous. Gaga did make one decent save though early.

Last edited:
Little kids just like the big kids... Nice build up down the wings, and then wasteful ball after wasteful ball across the box.

Users who are viewing this thread