What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (4 Viewers)

I think it's best for Pukstas to stay through the end of the year then decide to leave based on Split's UCL status and if/what other clubs come calling. He can stay and be part of a team that really wants and needs him or he can try his game on a bigger stage if he wants.

I think it's best for Pukstas to stay through the end of the year then decide to leave based on Split's UCL status and if/what other clubs come calling. He can stay and be part of a team that really wants and needs him or he can try his game on a bigger stage if he wants.
Agree. It's not a bad place to be. He's nailed on for a team/league that is terrific at developing players. He's a 19 year old center mid and there aren't many of those starting in Big 5 leagues. Happy he's not moving just to move to go sit on the bench somewhere.

I never, and I mean never, get angry with players and their performances. Be it missing a sitter or a howler, or taking a player down for a pk or sulking in practice or banging another players wife, or complaining about wet and bumpy.....I can get heavily disappointed but never have the feeling of anger.

Even days later, on what history will show as a lower tier importance level game, I am still angry with Dest. I don't know why this display of petulance has effected me so much.....

I never, and I mean never, get angry with players and their performances. Be it missing a sitter or a howler, or taking a player down for a pk or sulking in practice or banging another players wife, or complaining about wet and bumpy.....I can get heavily disappointed but never have the feeling of anger.

Even days later, on what history will show as a lower tier importance level game, I am still angry with Dest. I don't know why this display of petulance has effected me so much.....
Would you feel different if he hadn't done it before?

That shapes my opinion.. because I'm still pissed too. Plus- it was a game and tie that was in hand, just needing to be seen out. Try some stuff out, get some new players minutes... Etc, etc. but he ****ed all of that by being a baby *******.

I was not very impressed myself but this is a more positive spin on things

=======

ChuckMe92 Soccer

@ChuckMe92Soccer

The U17s had one of the better US men's youth World Cups in recent memory.Only lost to Germany & France who are both alive. Robbed of a PK vs Germany, while France could be under investigation for starting an ineligible player. Handled business vs two other solid opponents

Venezia picked up a 3-0 road win today vs Bari to surge to the top of the table. Both Tessmann and Busio started. Tessmann scored and assisted and was MOTM per FotMob.

Whatever he's doing at Venezia, it hasn't carried to the NT. He looked awful for our U23s this window.

Venezia picked up a 3-0 road win today vs Bari to surge to the top of the table.
I see that every one is showing them in first but I can't figure out what the tie breakers are.

They are level on points but have smaller GD and less goals than the team in 2nd. Does Serie B use head to head as the first tie breaker?

I guess it is kind of meaningless. The key is the distance from 3rd place. They are now 5 points clear of 3rd (which is where the playoff spots start).

Venezia picked up a 3-0 road win today vs Bari to surge to the top of the table.
I see that every one is showing them in first but I can't figure out what the tie breakers are.

They are level on points but have smaller GD and less goals than the team in 2nd. Does Serie B use head to head as the first tie breaker?

I guess it is kind of meaningless. The key is the distance from 3rd place. They are now 5 points clear of 3rd (which is where the playoff spots start).
Yeah it's super weird

Is Brenden Aaronson hurt? He didn't even make the bench today for Union. This is the first game under the new manager.
I can't find any info on an injury but I did see some pics of him training this week so this might be a healthy scratch.
Was wondering about this too.
What worries me is if he gets Dest'd. Union are paying his full wages and he's their 3rd high paid player.
I was wondering if they have an out to cancel his loan in the winter if they decide they don't want him any more...

After starting 3 in a row before the break, Paredes was back to the bench today. He did come on in the 73'.

Ftr, I'm a big Paredes fan and think in a year or two - before the World Cup - he's going to be a regular roster selection for us. But right now, I think the year younger Koleosho is the higher end prospect. I think we really need to get Koleosho to file soon because I could definitely see him getting senior looks for Italy. Problem is there isn't another International window until March.

watchdd PSV... Dest went 90 and was meh, despite being up a man most of the match. kept trying stuff that didn't work. but no petulance and otherwise didn't **** up.

Tillman came in as a sub, and had a goal cleared off the line near the end. didn't have to do much, but popped up well in spots.

Pepi subbed in... I'm sure he did. but I don't think his name was called once. didn't see him at all after running in from the bench.

also watched Milan.

yeesh... that's just a rough team to watch. so disorganized on both sides of the ball. everytime I watch them, it looks like they're a man down... it's uncanny.

CP was the only offensive spark- drew an early yellow, had some really nice touches and a fantastic turn and shot that drew a great save. otherwise... not a lot of involvement- as much because of the overall disorganization IMO than anything else.

Musah was up and down- some uncharacteristally sloppy touches. but very involved on both sides of the ball- seems to be a big part of that team. was playing just behind the forward in the middle. a lot of what good Milan did, Musah had a foot in... despite it being on off day for him.

Aiden Morris is similar to Tessman in that he can't get his club form to replicate at the Nats level.

That being said, he is having a whale of a game tonight against Orlando. These are his first half stats

Aidan Morris 31/31 passing, 5/5 ground duels, 4 fouls drawn

Wonder if this is the end of Dest with the USMNT.
I have all the usmnt games set to auto record but I'm more of a passive fan than a full on fan so I just finally sat down to watch this lady night. If I had anything to do with running the team, he'd never play again. That may be the worst display I've seen in any game/league/sport in a long time. You can't do that to your team. Just brutal.

Wonder if this is the end of Dest with the USMNT.
I have all the usmnt games set to auto record but I'm more of a passive fan than a full on fan so I just finally sat down to watch this lady night. If I had anything to do with running the team, he'd never play again. That may be the worst display I've seen in any game/league/sport in a long time. You can't do that to your team. Just brutal.
whatever the sincerity of it... I still think if he hadn't apologized the way he did, and immediately the way he did, that coud've been the end of him.

He's on a red for the next game, so they may send him a message and not bring him into the team for those. but that's likely the worst it gets for him. he might be on a short leash from now on, but he'll stay a fixture on the team until somebody else can take his spot.

Aiden Morris is similar to Tessman in that he can't get his club form to replicate at the Nats level.

That being said, he is having a whale of a game tonight against Orlando. These are his first half stats

Aidan Morris 31/31 passing, 5/5 ground duels, 4 fouls drawn
Fantastic tackle in over time as Morris rips the ball away and fires in the assist to make it 1-0 Columbus. Hard to express what a monster play that was 90+ minutes into the match.

Last edited:
Crew win 2-0. Both Morris and GK Patrick Schulte (2001) were big parts. Morris went the full 120 as a central mid and was influential til the end.

Schulte is an under the radar GK that went to college. He's not NT ready but one to keep an eye on. My guess is he falls just outside of a Cupcake callup (Brady, Celentano, Callendar).

And found the Morris Assist

Cin advances with a 1-0 win over Philly. Guarantees that one of the goalkeepers in MLS final will be a young American (00 Roman Celentano vs 01 Patrick Schulte). Roman has had a few NT call-ups but has yet to play.

Interestingly, both played college and were drafted. Seems that developmental angle isn't quite dead yet (Duncan McGuire also went that path).

Has any one heard any rumors about what happens after Copa America? I was hoping that we could sneak into a UEFA WCQing group like Qatar did.

I don't want the team to go almost two years from Copa to WC with the vast majority of games against Concacaf teams in Nations League type games.

I was hoping that we could sneak into a UEFA WCQing group like Qatar did.
It would have to be a monumentally messed up confederation, similar to CONCACAF. Maybe Africa?
That would be eye opening for the players :)

But I prefer UEFA simply because of ease of travel.

And it does not need to be a messed up confed imo. UEFA has unbalanced groups. Adding the US to one of the smaller sized, odd number of teams, groups makes scheduling easier since the odd team is always looking for a friendly game in the window where they don't have an opponent. The US would simply make for a no thought process friendly matchup for each team in group.

not a yank yet but he will provide some needed depth offensively if and when he becomes a citizen

===========

ESPN FC

@ESPNFC

LUCIANO ACOSTA IS THE 2023 LANDON DONOVAN MLS MVP!

His 2023 MLS regular season: 17 goals, 14 assists, Supporters' Shield winner, Goal of the Year winner

Users who are viewing this thread