What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VBD vs Retail Value Question When Drafting (1 Viewer)

Miami55

Footballguy
I remember a while back the Draft Dominator app would show a suggested bid amount for each player? Now it shows a retail amount. Is that the same thing?

From what I remember the suggested bid amount was basically the amount you should try to stick to and not go over and at the suggested amount you were getting good value by VBD standards.

Does retail value work the same way? If so, what's the best way to determine whether you should bid retail (or over) for a specific player or get the guy two spots down for a lesser amount because the value is better? This is the question that I think suggested bid amount answered, but that I don't see retail value answering well in mock drafts.

Good question!  The values are still too low.  So sure doesn't seem like retail.  I could go through an auction and not get a single decent WR at the prices listed.  Not even close to what they go for in any Yahoo auction.   Even for a decent RB, I have to boost the studs and duds slider to 70% +  I could easily see finishing a draft with $50+ left.  Talk about embarrassing.

I remember a while back the Draft Dominator app would show a suggested bid amount for each player? Now it shows a retail amount. Is that the same thing?

From what I remember the suggested bid amount was basically the amount you should try to stick to and not go over and at the suggested amount you were getting good value by VBD standards.

Does retail value work the same way? If so, what's the best way to determine whether you should bid retail (or over) for a specific player or get the guy two spots down for a lesser amount because the value is better? This is the question that I think suggested bid amount answered, but that I don't see retail value answering well in mock drafts.

Sliders are the stupidest way to adjust numbers. I can never get them exactly where I want them. Just give me a text editing field where I specify exactly where I want the numbers to be. Cripes, sliders are so annoying. GET RID OF THEM ALREADY.

Users who are viewing this thread