What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vegas (4 Viewers)

From the rates you've quoted Aria is the no-brainer IMO. Good poker room too and shops for your chick.
Not going with chick this time, group of 3 guys.Did some add'l searching, and found some deals/coupons, etc., that come to this.- Aria: $547 for 3 night stay- gets a free city view upgrade and a $50 hotel credit ($169 Wed., $169 Thurs, $209 Fri)- Cosmo: $576 for 3 night stay- just basic city room, no upgrades or credits, etc. ($144 Wed., $144 Thurs, $288 Fri)If stay at Aria and use their pool (Liquid for the party scene) do we get any special perks for staying there...do we still have to pay the cover charge? Same with Cosmo and using the Marquee Dayclub pool, any perks if stay there?
From these rates, there appears to be only one real choice. Congratulations, your search is over.
I pretty sure if you place a bid on Priceline or Hotwire for the top 5 star hotel you will get a better price.
Can you tell Priceline or Hotwire that you only want to stay at Cosmo? :no:

From the rates you've quoted Aria is the no-brainer IMO. Good poker room too and shops for your chick.
Not going with chick this time, group of 3 guys.Did some add'l searching, and found some deals/coupons, etc., that come to this.

- Aria: $547 for 3 night stay- gets a free city view upgrade and a $50 hotel credit ($169 Wed., $169 Thurs, $209 Fri)

- Cosmo: $576 for 3 night stay- just basic city room, no upgrades or credits, etc. ($144 Wed., $144 Thurs, $288 Fri)

If stay at Aria and use their pool (Liquid for the party scene) do we get any special perks for staying there...do we still have to pay the cover charge? Same with Cosmo and using the Marquee Dayclub pool, any perks if stay there?
From these rates, there appears to be only one real choice. Congratulations, your search is over.
I pretty sure if you place a bid on Priceline or Hotwire for the top 5 star hotel you will get a better price.
Can you tell Priceline or Hotwire that you only want to stay at Cosmo? :no:
Guess not, but you can cut your prospect to these hotels if you bid on 5* properties:- Encore, Palazzo, Trump Tower INternational, Venetian, Wynn, Aria, Vdara if you go 5 star on the strip at Hotwire.

- Palazzo, Venetian, Wynn, Aria, Cosmo, Vdara, and Trump Int'l for 5* star on Priceline.

Info from betterbidding.com

If you could get rid of Trump Towers, that would be a pretty good selection if you can get a low ball price in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going with chick this time, group of 3 guys.Did some add'l searching, and found some deals/coupons, etc., that come to this.- Aria: $547 for 3 night stay- gets a free city view upgrade and a $50 hotel credit ($169 Wed., $169 Thurs, $209 Fri)- Cosmo: $576 for 3 night stay- just basic city room, no upgrades or credits, etc. ($144 Wed., $144 Thurs, $288 Fri)If stay at Aria and use their pool (Liquid for the party scene) do we get any special perks for staying there...do we still have to pay the cover charge? Same with Cosmo and using the Marquee Dayclub pool, any perks if stay there?
Im assuming you feel Cosmo is the clear choice? Without my coupon codes the Cosmo is totaling $720 for those three nights so it is a heck of a savings. (Aria is $557 for regular room and no $50 hotel credit)

Anyone spend any time at the Foundation Room at Mandalay bay? I'm Thinking about going with the wife. How expensive? Is the view as good as they say?

Anyone spend any time at the Foundation Room at Mandalay bay? I'm Thinking about going with the wife. How expensive? Is the view as good as they say?
I liked it, I think my buddy paid $30, I just walked in behind him so not sure if they were expecting us to pay $30 each or not. Lots of different rooms, including an outdoor balcony.

Im assuming you feel Cosmo is the clear choice? Without my coupon codes the Cosmo is totaling $720 for those three nights so it is a heck of a savings. (Aria is $557 for regular room and no $50 hotel credit)
:lmao: Everything you're saying points to wanting to stay at the Cosmo, period. You've been scouring and finally got it down to a $29 difference over Aria. Oh sorry, and your $50 credit thing, great. There are what, 4 of you? You're talkin 20 bucks each. FOR 3 DAYS. You've got to be kidding me that you're mulling over a savings of $6.79 a day or some ####.And aren't you the guy that recommends like $500 shirts in that style thread?

:lmao: Everything you're saying points to wanting to stay at the Cosmo, period. You've been scouring and finally got it down to a $29 difference over Aria. Oh sorry, and your $50 credit thing, great. There are what, 4 of you? You're talkin 20 bucks each. FOR 3 DAYS. You've got to be kidding me that you're mulling over a savings of $6.79 a day or some ####.And aren't you the guy that recommends like $500 shirts in that style thread?
I have long said that planing a trip to vegas is a sport. To win this game you must get the cheapest price on a hotel, plane tickets that maximize time spent and cost and make plans to do fun stuff cheap and eat and drink for nothing. You spend months pulling a plan together.......Then you get off the plane and do whatever the hell you feel like because "it's vegas" and you end up spending three times what you expect.... and yet somehow you cant wait to go back when you get home.

I have long said that planing a trip to vegas is a sport. To win this game you must get the cheapest price on a hotel, plane tickets that maximize time spent and cost and make plans to do fun stuff cheap and eat and drink for nothing. You spend months pulling a plan together.......Then you get off the plane and do whatever the hell you feel like because "it's vegas" and you end up spending three times what you expect.... and yet somehow you cant wait to go back when you get home.
:goodposting: Personally, I don't see why people spend a ton of money on staying in nicer hotels/rooms. If you think about it, you're not going to be spending much time in your room and if you are doing everything right, chances are that you will be stumbling in there half drunk anyway and not really caring how nice the room looks at that point. I'd say get a cheaper Harrah's chain room, like Planet Hollywood or Flamingo, and spend the rest on gambling/booze.That being said, if the majority of your gambling/activities/boozing is in one particular hotel, I can understand spending a little more to stay at that place.

:goodposting: Personally, I don't see why people spend a ton of money on staying in nicer hotels/rooms. If you think about it, you're not going to be spending much time in your room and if you are doing everything right, chances are that you will be stumbling in there half drunk anyway and not really caring how nice the room looks at that point. I'd say get a cheaper Harrah's chain room, like Planet Hollywood or Flamingo, and spend the rest on gambling/booze.That being said, if the majority of your gambling/activities/boozing is in one particular hotel, I can understand spending a little more to stay at that place.
Exactly.I just use my hotel for all the "S" activities:- ####- Shower- Shave- Sleep- SexIf I do all of that in one day that's a combined 1 hour in the hotel room?

If you are going to Vegas with three other dudes and have a $1400 Drink budget, a $500 gamble budget, and a $100 food budget staying at a low/mid tier place makes sense.If you are going to Vegas with your wife and have a $500 Spa budget, $500 Show budget, $500 Food Budget, and a $500 Gamble budget then spending a little more money for a mid/high place makes more sense.

If you are going to Vegas with three other dudes and have a $1400 Drink budget, a $500 gamble budget, and a $100 food budget staying at a low/mid tier place makes sense.If you are going to Vegas with your wife and have a $500 Spa budget, $500 Show budget, $500 Food Budget, and a $500 Gamble budget then spending a little more money for a mid/high place makes more sense.
Holy crap? $500 gambling budget?I wish I had that much self restraint. Then again if you take out the spa and shows that roughly what I take as capital for a Vegas stay.

First time eve in Vegas with the wife we did it up at the Venetian. Now we just use comps and then her work flips the bill for 2 nights at the nice hotel :excited:

I used to think this way until I stayed at the Wynn. Bought a bottle of booze and some mixers and had some outstanding pregaming in my room with it's floor to ceiling window overlooking the strip.

Holy crap? $500 gambling budget?I wish I had that much self restraint. Then again if you take out the spa and shows that roughly what I take as capital for a Vegas stay.
Or whatever.... The rest gets spread out. It's the Guns and Butter arguement of Vegas, but it's Booze/Clubs vs Food/Shows

Or whatever.... The rest gets spread out. It's the Guns and Butter arguement of Vegas, but it's Booze/Clubs vs Food/Shows
The point is here that we were trying to help with Offdee's post. It's very clear that people going to Vegas have very different agendas and budgets which will directly effect their choices of where to stay and what to do, not to mention, that some may have the budget but don't want to waste money on a nice room that they are never going to be in, or a nice meal that they will s**t out 12 hours later. Some of those same people though will dump wads of of cash at the tables, in the machines, on drinks or for lap dances...it's all about what you want.Back to the point of Offdee's post...I think the advice for him (based on his criteria) was right on.

So like I was asking earlier.... anyone actualy eat at the Foundation Room at Madalay? I was going to try and get a table for after The Lion King :bag: .

And yes.... I hear Mix is good.

'azgroover said:
'Exit 1 said:
'The Ref said:
'Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
'offdee said:
Not going with chick this time, group of 3 guys.Did some add'l searching, and found some deals/coupons, etc., that come to this.

- Aria: $547 for 3 night stay- gets a free city view upgrade and a $50 hotel credit ($169 Wed., $169 Thurs, $209 Fri)

- Cosmo: $576 for 3 night stay- just basic city room, no upgrades or credits, etc. ($144 Wed., $144 Thurs, $288 Fri)

If stay at Aria and use their pool (Liquid for the party scene) do we get any special perks for staying there...do we still have to pay the cover charge? Same with Cosmo and using the Marquee Dayclub pool, any perks if stay there?
:lmao: Everything you're saying points to wanting to stay at the Cosmo, period. You've been scouring and finally got it down to a $29 difference over Aria. Oh sorry, and your $50 credit thing, great. There are what, 4 of you? You're talkin 20 bucks each. FOR 3 DAYS. You've got to be kidding me that you're mulling over a savings of $6.79 a day or some ####.

And aren't you the guy that recommends like $500 shirts in that style thread?
:goodposting: Personally, I don't see why people spend a ton of money on staying in nicer hotels/rooms. If you think about it, you're not going to be spending much time in your room and if you are doing everything right, chances are that you will be stumbling in there half drunk anyway and not really caring how nice the room looks at that point. I'd say get a cheaper Harrah's chain room, like Planet Hollywood or Flamingo, and spend the rest on gambling/booze.

That being said, if the majority of your gambling/activities/boozing is in one particular hotel, I can understand spending a little more to stay at that place.
I used to think this way until I stayed at the Wynn. Bought a bottle of booze and some mixers and had some outstanding pregaming in my room with it's floor to ceiling window overlooking the strip.
Exactly. Spending months planning Vegas??? Okay. But even so, they each missed the point of my post completely. 1.) Offdee has done his work.

2.) Everything has pointed to the Cosmo - bar, pool, club, scene.

2.) He's found a deal that compares to the next best thing (Aria) which is great.

3.) And yet he is letting less than 10 bucks a day cloud this decision? That is nuts. He's going to be flipping that to a dealer in no-time.

Point being that little amount of money should not come into the equation here, period. And even moreso for a group so interested in the nicer places. So, please, someone explain to me how saving $7.50 a day to slog back and forth from where you really want to be is worth it. I'm listening.

'azgroover said:
'Exit 1 said:
'The Ref said:
'Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
'offdee said:

:lmao: Everything you're saying points to wanting to stay at the Cosmo, period. You've been scouring and finally got it down to a $29 difference over Aria. Oh sorry, and your $50 credit thing, great. There are what, 4 of you? You're talkin 20 bucks each. FOR 3 DAYS. You've got to be kidding me that you're mulling over a savings of $6.79 a day or some ####.

:goodposting: Personally, I don't see why people spend a ton of money on staying in nicer hotels/rooms. If you think about it, you're not going to be spending much time in your room and if you are doing everything right, chances are that you will be stumbling in there half drunk anyway and not really caring how nice the room looks at that point. I'd say get a cheaper Harrah's chain room, like Planet Hollywood or Flamingo, and spend the rest on gambling/booze.

That being said, if the majority of your gambling/activities/boozing is in one particular hotel, I can understand spending a little more to stay at that place.
Exactly. Spending months planning Vegas??? Okay. But even so, they each missed the point of my post completely. 1.) Offdee has done his work.

2.) He's found a deal that compares to the next best thing (Aria) which is great.

3.) And yet he is letting less than 10 bucks a day cloud this decision? That is nuts. He's going to be flipping that to a dealer in no-time.

Point being that little amount of money should not come into the equation here, period. And even moreso for a group so interested in the nicer places. So, please, someone explain to me how saving $7.50 a day to slog back and forth from where you really want to be is worth it. I'm listening.
To expand on my post earlier. I bet I actually saved money over the course of the trip by having a room that my group and I loved so much. If you get a plush room, supply your own store bought (not from the bar) drinks, have an iPod dock and good company, you can have an atmosphere that can rival the hotel bar downstairs. You can still hit those bars, but it'll just take less cash to get your buzz on (win-win). When you're staying somewhere like the Wynn or Cosmo, there's really little reason to leave the site other than to explore.

Back to the point of Offdee's post...I think the advice for him (based on his criteria) was right on.
:goodposting:

I'd kill to go clubbin with my pals at one of Vegas hot spots.

That said - Going "high class" with the wife aint so bad.
All officially booked.Started out thinking go all out with Cosmopolitan, but then got some sense knocked into me that I'll be in my hotel/room hardly ever so looked into the good location/lower end hotel like Bally's and realized could save over $200 per person with this (which would easliy cover all cab, pool entry and club entry costs for entire trip). At the end of the day, we decided to slightly upgrade from Bally's and for an add'l $25 per person booked at Planet Hollywood. Still in the location we want, right on the strip, reasonably priced, and still have that Vegas feel when we arrive and stumbling too and from our rooms to sleep.

Total price: $407 per person for 3 night hotel and non-stop flight

Here's our rough plan of attack for the stay..

Wednesday

- 11am: Arrive in Vegas

- Liquor store to get room beverages (ABC liquor store inside Miracle Mile shops in Planet Hollywood)

- Drinks & Dinner at Firefly at Hard Rock Hotel (tapas)

o Pretty inexpensive place, but really good food and cool vibe

o Get there earlier than actually want to eat so can put name in for an outdoor patio table (it’s worth the wait).

- Hold ‘Em (Bellagio Poker Room)

- Ultra Lounges for the night: 2 options

o 1 (if still early): Take cab straight from Bellagio to Palms (straight shot down Flamingo Rd.)

 Ghost Bar (Palms)

 Moon (Palms)

 If these aren’t great for some reason, cab back to Aria

• The Duece Lounge

• Gold

o 2 (if it’s later and we’re getting worn out and want to stay near hotel area): Take the free tram from Bellagio back to Aria: The Deuce Lounge and Gold

Thursday

- Pool all afternoon (Liquid in Aria: good on Thursdays with a lot of industry locals- opens at 11am)

- 5pm: watch Packer vs. Saints Game- Emeril Lagasse’s Stadium in Pallazzo

- Sushi Samba (in Pallazo) if hungry after game

- Ultra lounges around the Pallazo area

o Lavo (Bar/Club in Pallazo. Don’t worry about getting in the club, just go to the Restaurant Bar as it’s a scene on its own)

o Tao (Venetian- which is connected to Pallazo. This is a larger scale club, but the place to be on a Thursday night if we want to try and get in. Absurd talent. Some rumors that if get there early enough can go to the restaurant bar and will be considered in the club already so don’t need to wait in line or pay cover.)

o V Bar (Venetian- which is connected to Pallazo)

o Blush (Wynn. Only go here if all other places are busts as will be a little walk from Venetian to the Wynn)

Friday

- Pool all afternoon (Marquee Dayclub in Cosmopolitan- 3rd level)

- Nice steak dinner (STK in Cosmpolitan)

- Pre-Club at lounge in Cosmopolitan

o The Chandelier is supposed to be pretty cool to see

o Qeue Bar is near entry line for Marquee

- Clubbin’ at Marquee (Cosmopolitan)

Saturday

- 10am: Be at airport for Flight home

Sounds good, offdee. Personally, I'd put in more gambling and less clubbinbg but it's all good.
Wednesday night will be our gambling night. If we're feelin' it and hauling in loot, than we'll stick at Bellagio and skip the ultra-lounge scene. If we bust out, we'll just cut our losses and spend the cash on booze and broads.Thursday night during the Packer vs. Saints game we'll definitely get our gambling fix as well.

Sounds good, offdee. Personally, I'd put in more gambling and less clubbinbg but it's all good.
Wednesday night will be our gambling night. If we're feelin' it and hauling in loot, than we'll stick at Bellagio and skip the ultra-lounge scene. If we bust out, we'll just cut our losses and spend the cash on booze and broads.Thursday night during the Packer vs. Saints game we'll definitely get our gambling fix as well.
Very nice plan. Especially Marquee. Might I suggest for your LAVO/TAO plans: If you don't mind rockin' a wristband...

Very nice plan. Especially Marquee. Might I suggest for your LAVO/TAO plans: If you don't mind rockin' a wristband...
Interesting, thanks for passing along GB.$50 a pop, but the perks of no line waiting and can go in and out of those two places as we please for the entire night could be worth it.

The :nostyle: wristband is a downside though.

This will sound dumb but anybody visit the Grand Canyon from downtown Vegas? Recommend a good package or tour? Will be out there for 6 days and looking to break up the trip and do a tourist thing. Did Hoover Dam last time. :bag:
As somone who lived right there in the area between Vegas and the Grand Canyon (if you go south rim, which I'd suggest, but most tours go to th skywalk), 'll tell you what I tell everyone - Grand Canyon is overrated. It's cool for about 10 seconds and from Vegas you're looking at a couple hour trip and high expenses (the Indian reservation makes you pay like 3 fees). Instead, I'd suggest renting a boat on Lake Mead.
I live in Arizona and I agree. But isn't it more like five hours from Vegas? We have had guests that want to see the Grand Canyon and it always feels like a waste of time. I suppose it's cool to see once in your life, but you should wait until you are travelling through northern AZ sometime and just stop by.Boat on Lake Mead is a great suggestion.

A lot of talk about Mandalay bay restaurants in here. Just wanted to point out that all the major restaurants at Mandalay bay have $50 gift certifcates for $20 at restaurant.com.

I just can't see a way I'm walking out of any of them with less then $150 tab so saving $30 isn't going to make me go to one of them.

Be at the Mandalay Bay for one night on Wed. Aug. 10th, with family in tow so have to keep it PG-13...

Any reason we should venture out to catch a show beyond getting tickets for The Lion King at the property? How tough a ticket to get?

We won't do much outside of hanging by the pool for the day - any feedback on getting a cabana?

TIA

PS. There's 7 in our group - kids(15,13,&10) & grandparents (early 70's and not very mobile) so too much manuevering around in mid-August would be an issue...

To expand on my post earlier. I bet I actually saved money over the course of the trip by having a room that my group and I loved so much. If you get a plush room, supply your own store bought (not from the bar) drinks, have an iPod dock and good company, you can have an atmosphere that can rival the hotel bar downstairs. You can still hit those bars, but it'll just take less cash to get your buzz on (win-win). When you're staying somewhere like the Wynn or Cosmo, there's really little reason to leave the site other than to explore.
:goodposting: Last time I booked a nice corner suite at the Vdara. It's in the city-center complex, but there's no casino in the hotel so you're not tempted to play any slots while hammered at 4AM. I probably saved a couple hundred bucks. Vdara suites also have kitchenettes with full-sized fridges.

Be at the Mandalay Bay for one night on Wed. Aug. 10th, with family in tow so have to keep it PG-13...Any reason we should venture out to catch a show beyond getting tickets for The Lion King at the property? How tough a ticket to get?We won't do much outside of hanging by the pool for the day - any feedback on getting a cabana? TIAPS. There's 7 in our group - kids(15,13,&10) & grandparents (early 70's and not very mobile) so too much manuevering around in mid-August would be an issue...
Call Patty. She can get tickets to the lion king.

Does anyone know which sports books offer runs/hits/errors totals for regular season MLB games? Maybe it's all of them, I've never bet baseball games before. And while I've got your ear - I haven't been to Vegas in a couple years...does the sports book in the Bellagio offer free drinks / is it easy enough to get drink tickets at the window? I've read a few places online that they offer freebies, even for the non-betters watching games and I simply can't imagine that to be true.

'Sofa King Money said:
Be at the Mandalay Bay for one night on Wed. Aug. 10th, with family in tow so have to keep it PG-13...Any reason we should venture out to catch a show beyond getting tickets for The Lion King at the property? How tough a ticket to get?We won't do much outside of hanging by the pool for the day - any feedback on getting a cabana? TIAPS. There's 7 in our group - kids(15,13,&10) & grandparents (early 70's and not very mobile) so too much manuevering around in mid-August would be an issue...
We got a cabana at mandalay a couple of years ago...I thought it was a pretty good deal. Nice to have a good "base camp" and could get out of the sun for a while, watch some tv, etc...

'Sofa King Money said:
We got a cabana at mandalay a couple of years ago...I thought it was a pretty good deal. Nice to have a good "base camp" and could get out of the sun for a while, watch some tv, etc...

Interesting, thanks for passing along GB.$50 a pop, but the perks of no line waiting and can go in and out of those two places as we please for the entire night could be worth it.

The :nostyle: wristband is a downside though.
Just got back last night. TAO was a great time on Friday. Food was great and wasn't outrageously priced and the club was packed later with ladies. Definitely not a sausage party.

Anyone have any tips for spending a night in old vegas? Looking like the 777 brew pub is a good option for dinner.

Any suggestion for a decent golf course? Something decently close to the strip and probably under $100. I started looking around and was overwhelmed by options.

'Sofa King Money said:
Same here. My wife was pregnant and we got a cabana at Mandalay. It was solid. Would reccommend it for just about anyone with families and entourages that plan on spending alot of time poolside. You get as much sun time as you want, chairs right in front of your cabana, fridge (iirc), tv, etc. If you want to bake in the sun all day, no need.

New plan for Friday July 1st (my birthday). I just got my wife to agree to wake up, get breakfest, and to go on a day long poker room crawl. My plan is to start at 9AM and to hit a majority of the poker rooms (12 of 17) up and down the strip by 6PM.

We will skip Excalabor, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, P Hollywood and Caesars in the interest of time (we have 8PM dinner reservations).

We will start at the Wynn then go Venetian, Harrahs, IP, Flamingo, Ballys and take the tram to MGM. Play MGM and walk across the street to Monte Carlo then Aria, and Bellagio. Then take a small walk over to Mirage and then finaly T.I.

I'm sure we will end up Longer at some and shorter at others and I might have to cut some out along the way depending on how time goes.

Just got back from a 5 day trip to Vegas. It was my first time and I had a blast...would certainly go back.

Stayed at Aria. Fantastic hotel. New, modern, clean, and the room was very 'high-tech'. Everything from the lights to the curtains is controlled by technology (there are old fashioned buttons to do these things, but nice to use the touch screen remote bedside to do it). Nice pools (3) and 2 "free" drink vouchers at check in. I say "free" because I'm sure they're part of the $20 per day "resort fee".

Cosmopolitan and Wynn were my favorite Hotels to visit. Would seriously consider staying at Cosmo next time. Just gave me a cool vibe.

Did all of the normal touristy things like buffets (Cosmo for breakfast/Wynn for dinner), Fremont Street, walked in and out of mostly every casino, top of the Stratosphere, the Vegas sign, swung by the pawn star store to get pictures for my kid, and hit the outlets so my wife can get a purse. Also saw the fountain show at Bellagio and the Volcano show at Mirage.

Played mostly blackjack, roulette, and slots. Came out ahead, but I'm far from a high roller.

Meal highlights included SW Steakhouse at the Wynn, Hash House a GoGo (W Sahara location to avoid big strip breakfast crown at Imperial Palace), In N Out Burger, and my favorite meal, Texas De Brazil (in town square). Also got a couple slices of pizza (large slices $4 each) at a pizza place in the Cosmo that isn't advertised as being there. Pretty cool little place that isn't too hard to find, despite no signs for it.

It was a great trip.

Edit to add: Forgot to mention the trip to Valley of Fire and Hoover Dam. Both are well worth the short travel time to get there.

Anyone have any tips for spending a night in old vegas? Looking like the 777 brew pub is a good option for dinner.
Stay at Golden Nugget, all others are pretty run down. As far as food goes the 777 is just ok, same stuff you would get at any ole sportsbar in any town, mostly fried stuff. For a good steak check out Hugo's Cellar in the Four Queen's. It is not on par with some of the really nice steak places on the strip, but not quite as pricey either. Also the Nugget has a nice place called the Chart House (seafood primarily). I have not personally eaten there, but have heard it's good. Also there is a Damon's in the Freemont or Binions, can't remember which. I have eaten there a few times and you pretty much know what you're going to get.

Just got back from a 5 day trip to Vegas. It was my first time and I had a blast...would certainly go back.Stayed at Aria. Fantastic hotel. New, modern, clean, and the room was very 'high-tech'. Everything from the lights to the curtains is controlled by technology (there are old fashioned buttons to do these things, but nice to use the touch screen remote bedside to do it). Nice pools (3) and 2 "free" drink vouchers at check in. I say "free" because I'm sure they're part of the $20 per day "resort fee".Cosmopolitan and Wynn were my favorite Hotels to visit. Would seriously consider staying at Cosmo next time. Just gave me a cool vibe.Did all of the normal touristy things like buffets (Cosmo for breakfast/Wynn for dinner), Fremont Street, walked in and out of mostly every casino, top of the Stratosphere, the Vegas sign, swung by the pawn star store to get pictures for my kid, and hit the outlets so my wife can get a purse. Also saw the fountain show at Bellagio and the Volcano show at Mirage.Played mostly blackjack, roulette, and slots. Came out ahead, but I'm far from a high roller.Meal highlights included SW Steakhouse at the Wynn, Hash House a GoGo (W Sahara location to avoid big strip breakfast crown at Imperial Palace), In N Out Burger, and my favorite meal, Texas De Brazil (in town square). Also got a couple slices of pizza (large slices $4 each) at a pizza place in the Cosmo that isn't advertised as being there. Pretty cool little place that isn't too hard to find, despite no signs for it.It was a great trip.Edit to add: Forgot to mention the trip to Valley of Fire and Hoover Dam. Both are well worth the short travel time to get there.
This sounds similar to the first time I ever went and was with the wife. :thumbup:

Stay at Golden Nugget, all others are pretty run down. As far as food goes the 777 is just ok, same stuff you would get at any ole sportsbar in any town, mostly fried stuff. For a good steak check out Hugo's Cellar in the Four Queen's. It is not on par with some of the really nice steak places on the strip, but not quite as pricey either. Also the Nugget has a nice place called the Chart House (seafood primarily). I have not personally eaten there, but have heard it's good. Also there is a Damon's in the Freemont or Binions, can't remember which. I have eaten there a few times and you pretty much know what you're going to get.
:thumbup:

New plan for Friday July 1st (my birthday). I just got my wife to agree to wake up, get breakfest, and to go on a day long poker room crawl. My plan is to start at 9AM and to hit a majority of the poker rooms (12 of 17) up and down the strip by 6PM. We will skip Excalabor, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, P Hollywood and Caesars in the interest of time (we have 8PM dinner reservations).We will start at the Wynn then go Venetian, Harrahs, IP, Flamingo, Ballys and take the tram to MGM. Play MGM and walk across the street to Monte Carlo then Aria, and Bellagio. Then take a small walk over to Mirage and then finaly T.I.I'm sure we will end up Longer at some and shorter at others and I might have to cut some out along the way depending on how time goes.
I gotta say that I'm not liking this plan. It sounds like a big pain, and there is no way you can hit 12 poker rooms in 9 hours. Even if you could teleport to each poker room, that's only 45 minutes per room. But you have to get to the casino, walk through the casino, find the poker room, get your name on the list, buy chips, sit down at your table, and start playing. That's going to take at LEAST 20 minutes per poker room. Which leaves you maybe 20 minutes of play at each room. That's maybe one or two times around on a table. Then you have to get up and do it all over again.I think you'll be lucky to hit five poker rooms in that time.

Hash House a GoGo (W Sahara location to avoid big strip breakfast crown at Imperial Palace)
Nice! This is my favorite breakfast spot in Vegas. You gotta have a car to eat here, and the buffets have everything people need, but I love this joint.
Highly recommend it to anyone. The portions were huge and very good. I had the Chicken and Waffles, wife had Grilled Banana French Toast. We didn't eat again until a very late dinner (and we didn't finish everything).

Hash House a GoGo (W Sahara location to avoid big strip breakfast crown at Imperial Palace)
Nice! This is my favorite breakfast spot in Vegas. You gotta have a car to eat here, and the buffets have everything people need, but I love this joint.
Highly recommend it to anyone. The portions were huge and very good. I had the Chicken and Waffles, wife had Grilled Banana French Toast. We didn't eat again until a very late dinner (and we didn't finish everything).
Yeah, I always get the biscuits and gravy,it's a coma on a plate. My favorite dish there. It might not be classic southern style, but I am from Massachusetts, what the hell do I know?

Users who are viewing this thread