What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick Indicted ! ? (4 Viewers)

[

I could just have the mods change my sign in name though, that way ILUVBEER99 is banned, but i could still post with this account. So i have an out if he in fact goes down. :goodposting:

Spoken like a man of true character.

I could just have the mods change my sign in name though, that way ILUVBEER99 is banned, but i could still post with this account. So i have an out if he in fact goes down. :goodposting:
Yeah, way to "man" up when you're wrong. And banning yourself from a forum is SO hard anyways - so why bother having an sense of honor or even a spine if that means you can participate in an anonyomous internet forum.

I could just have the mods change my sign in name though, that way ILUVBEER99 is banned, but i could still post with this account. So i have an out if he in fact goes down. :lmao:
Yeah, way to "man" up when you're wrong. And banning yourself from a forum is SO hard anyways - so why bother having an sense of honor or even a spine if that means you can participate in an anonyomous internet forum.
:confused:

As ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported earlier this afternoon, Vick has retained prominent trial attorney Billy Martin, of the Washington, D.C.-based firm Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, to represent him in a potential trial stemming from indictments charging the NFL star in an alleged dog-fighting ring.

Martin is a former federal prosecutor and senior official at the Department of Justice and has been in private practice for 1990.

Vick will hardly be the first high-profile client Martin has represented. Other high-profile professional athlete clients have included former NBA players Jayson Williams and Rod Strickland, current NBA stars Allen Iverson and Juwan Howard and boxer Riddick Bowe. Martin also represented Monica Lewinsky and her mother, along with the parents of the late congressional intern Chandra Levy and Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell (in another federal prosecution). ...

is this his ticket out of trouble?

I've read your very moderate and spun "retractions", however they came nowhere near the vehemence of your denunciations of those that didn't agree with your blind 100% conviction of Vick's innocence. And no it wasn't a "wait and see" position you took, although you were firm in innocent until proven guilty. You took any story against Vick and turned it into a 'witch hunt' piece and denounced anyone who felt differently. I doubt based on all your previous threads that if the tables were turned you would find statements like yours to be adequate. They're like TO apologies. They satisfy some minor legal definition of the word but don't really cut it base don your previous actions. But yes, I do know that you have changed your stance, but I wouldn't consider you to have "manned up" like you called others to do when things looked differently.
I never said Vick was 100% innocent, i said we should wait until we actually have some credible evidence before we consider him guilty.I made a post where i posted in big letters saying Vick is innocent of all charges just to show how ridiculous it was that people on the other side were doing the opposite before we had any real info one way or the other.

Like i said you won't be happy no matter what. I changed my stance based on the information that was in the federal indictment and admitted it looks like he is most likely involved. If that isn't enough for you i'm sorry.
:violin: So what of your self imposed year ban from back when you were swearing vicks innocence? Are you "manning"up. :own3d:

:bye:

See you next year or........ :bow:

:confused: :lmao: :towelwave:
Ummm, he hasn't been convicted. I said if he was convicted ILUVBEER99 would take a year ban, and that will happen if he indeed gets convicted.I could just have the mods change my sign in name though, that way ILUVBEER99 is banned, but i could still post with this account. So i have an out if he in fact goes down. :excited:
wow dude that so bogus..how about this if you pull this one i will and will call for everyone else to PLONK all of your names for one year...guys don't let him off the hook like he will try here. I know I won't I will put his name on my block list for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
As ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported earlier this afternoon, Vick has retained prominent trial attorney Billy Martin, of the Washington, D.C.-based firm Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, to represent him in a potential trial stemming from indictments charging the NFL star in an alleged dog-fighting ring. Martin is a former federal prosecutor and senior official at the Department of Justice and has been in private practice for 1990. Vick will hardly be the first high-profile client Martin has represented. Other high-profile professional athlete clients have included former NBA players Jayson Williams and Rod Strickland, current NBA stars Allen Iverson and Juwan Howard and boxer Riddick Bowe. Martin also represented Monica Lewinsky and her mother, along with the parents of the late congressional intern Chandra Levy and Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell (in another federal prosecution). ... is this his ticket out of trouble?
I don't know. Let's ask Scooter Libby, Kenneth Lay(sorry, dead), the other Enron guy or the worldcom guy. All had fortunes that made Vick's money look like the change in my ash tray and all were convicted.

As ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported earlier this afternoon, Vick has retained prominent trial attorney Billy Martin, of the Washington, D.C.-based firm Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, to represent him in a potential trial stemming from indictments charging the NFL star in an alleged dog-fighting ring. Martin is a former federal prosecutor and senior official at the Department of Justice and has been in private practice for 1990. Vick will hardly be the first high-profile client Martin has represented. Other high-profile professional athlete clients have included former NBA players Jayson Williams and Rod Strickland, current NBA stars Allen Iverson and Juwan Howard and boxer Riddick Bowe. Martin also represented Monica Lewinsky and her mother, along with the parents of the late congressional intern Chandra Levy and Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell (in another federal prosecution). ... is this his ticket out of trouble?
I don't know. Let's ask Scooter Libby, Kenneth Lay(sorry, dead), the other Enron guy or the worldcom guy. All had fortunes that made Vick's money look like the change in my ash tray and all were convicted.
Jayson Williams shot a man in the chest, tried to cover it up, and is sitting at home right now.It's not hard to imagine Vick being acquitted of much lesser charges, given who he's lawyered up with.

....Vick has retained prominent trial attorney Billy Martin....

Vick will hardly be the first high-profile client Martin has represented. Other high-profile clients.....Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell (in another federal prosecution). ...

is this his ticket out of trouble?
Doubtful.While Martin did a good job defending Campbell in getting acquittals on a lot of the charges against him, in the end he couldn't get Campbell off of tax evasion charges.

Former Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell was sentenced to 30 months in prison.

Jayson Williams shot a man in the chest, tried to cover it up, and is sitting at home right now.It's not hard to imagine Vick being acquitted of much lesser charges, given who he's lawyered up with.
I can't remember, was the case against Jayson Williams tried by the feds?

Classy bump, countdown to people thinking we just went back in time to 07 and Vick is going to jail for another 2 years lol.

just bumping this to remind everyone that we once thought Vick was going to do many yrs in federal prison and never see a NFL football field again.

just bumping this to remind everyone that we once thought Vick was going to do many yrs in federal prison and never see a NFL football field again.
he did 1 and half years or something, no?
thats my point, when feds were gathering their evidence a alot of other people were sure his career was over.

When Ray Lewis was charged with murder a lot of people were sure his career was over.

By the way, I would estimate that a higher percentage of fantasy owners think Hernandez is done than they did with Vick and Lewis. Even at this early stage of the Hernandez case, whatever it may become. I never thought Vick was done and had serious doubts about Lewis getting convicted from day one. Unlike this textbook case of how to look guilty by Hernandez.

Self-defense in a bar fight which results in a death and killing dogs is not the weighed the same in people's minds as an assassination-style murder and body dumping.

By the way, I would estimate that a higher percentage of fantasy owners think Hernandez is done than they did with Vick and Lewis. Even at this early stage of the Hernandez case, whatever it may become. I never thought Vick was done and had serious doubts about Lewis getting convicted from day one. Unlike this textbook case of how to look guilty by Hernandez.

Self-defense in a bar fight which results in a death and killing dogs is not the weighed the same in people's minds as an assassination-style murder and body dumping.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread