What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick Vs. RGIII (2 Viewers)

Vick or RGIII

• Vick

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • RGIII

Votes: 78 82.1%

• Total voters
Both obviously have very similar playing styles.
I disagree. RG3 has excellent accuracy. He can hit a downfield receiver in stride, and before Garcon got hurt, you saw WAS trying to run plays like this. Vick, not so much. He's great at buying time for his receivers to get open, but he's not good at throwing into tight coverage. Thus Vick's value is far more dependent on the health of his WRs than is RG3.More importantly, though, RG3 gets designed runs, while Vick doesn't. When Vick runs the ball, it's usually because something went wrong with the play. With RG3, a QB draw is often the first option. So I think there's a fairly significant difference in style between the two. And for fantasy purposes, I'm more bullish on RG3 than Vick.
This is my take, top to bottom. I've got RG3 in both my leagues, as a backup to Ryan by design, as my QB1 in round 12 by good fortune. He'll be starting in both this week. :thumbup:

Vick's accuracy is very underrated actually, it's his decision making that get's him in trouble sometimes, not his accuracy. But most of you box score watchers wouldn't understand that. I've yet to see Vick throw a pick this year as bad as the one RGIII had last week when he jumped off of one foot to throw the rock, that was pretty embarrassing.
In no universe is Vick as accurate as RG.

I need to see more than 2 games.
I've seen 10, the other 8 are just as strong as these 2.
College doesn't count.
Stats don't, but he can be evaluated. Decision making, deep ball, accuracy, speed, and a great head on his shoulders were all there - every reason to believe it'd translate. Those that believed have him on their rosters, those that doubted are trying to figure out a way to get him on their roster...or resigned to the fact that they'll have to wait til next year. The player that's been out these first 2 games is the same guy as college.
Bump

College doesn't count.
Stats don't, but he can be evaluated. Decision making, deep ball, accuracy, speed, and a great head on his shoulders were all there - every reason to believe it'd translate. Those that believed have him on their rosters, those that doubted are trying to figure out a way to get him on their roster...or resigned to the fact that they'll have to wait til next year. The player that's been out these first 2 games is the same guy as college.
Bump
Yes?

College doesn't count.
Bump
Yes?
Seeing if anyone has changed their mind.. and this point RG is only 9/15 for 88 yards and a TD, with 3 fumbles 1 lost and under 50 rushing yards, at the end of 3 quarters. Did he have games like this in college too?

College doesn't count.
Bump
Yes?
Seeing if anyone has changed their mind.. and this point RG is only 9/15 for 88 yards and a TD, with 3 fumbles 1 lost and under 50 rushing yards, at the end of 3 quarters. Did he have games like this in college too?
He's single-handedly kept us in the game, but just keep looking at the box score.

'two_dollars said:
21/34 for 221 yards and a score passing, 12/85/1 rushing, tied with Luck for the 3rd best fantasy score in my league so far (behind Dalton and Locker, who were likely stuck on their owners' benches). He's outscored Drew Brees, my qb1, for the 3rd straight week. This is why we don't bump threads after the 3rd quarter.

'two_dollars said:
21/34 for 221 yards and a score passing, 12/85/1 rushing, tied with Luck for the 3rd best fantasy score in my league so far (behind Dalton and Locker, who were likely stuck on their owners' benches). He's outscored Drew Brees, my qb1, for the 3rd straight week. This is why we don't bump threads after the 3rd quarter.
And yet you bump this during the game of the other QB. Whatever, you guys take this #### way too seriously.

nice talk from the one that bumped this a few hours ago. Just admit when you are wrong - I do it all the time.

'two_dollars said:
And yet you bump this during the game of the other QB. Whatever, you guys take this #### way too seriously.
Wow, overreact much? I didn't even mention Vick. The fact that Vick was sucking up the joint at the time of my post was completely absent from my response (not a bump- this thread was at the top half of the first page when I responded). That's because I know better than to gloat while the games are still in progress. Also, I had to laugh at you accusing us of taking this too seriously. You're the one that bumped this thread. You're obviously the one that was thinking about this thread while watching these games. As I said, I was just responding to threads on the front page, not intentionally seeking out this topic to comment.

'two_dollars said:
'ConnSKINS26 said:
'two_dollars said:
College doesn't count.
Bump
Yes?
Next week, will you be reporting RG's failures after his first incomplete pass?

I'm starting to become concerned about the amount of hits that RGIII is taking. Bengals hit him a ton. He's declined each week (although his week 1 was near perfect)(and not necessarily in fantasy numbers). Anyone think the amount of hits he's taking might be affecting his performance?

It has to. The Bengals were smashing him on all those read option plays. The Skins are playing with fire running him so much IMO

LOL, kick the guy while he's beaten down. There's still an entire season to play out here. We'll revisit.

Yes as of now RG3 obviously looks to be the better QB with a better line.

Users who are viewing this thread