What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

Fooswhat hhappens if you try doing this?

After you have signed into your PSN Account: Select [PSN] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].

First 18 minutes of Bloodborne. Game play starts at the 2:00 minute mark if you want to skip the opening cut scenehttp://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/02/watch-the-first-18-minutes-of-bloodborne/
That game can't get here fast enough.
Every clip I have seen appears to be the same 2 weapons.

Is this a game with one set of weapons that you upgrade or is it more like the Souls series where you can build your character with choices of many different weapons and gear?

First 18 minutes of Bloodborne. Game play starts at the 2:00 minute mark if you want to skip the opening cut scenehttp://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/02/watch-the-first-18-minutes-of-bloodborne/

Is this a game with one set of weapons that you upgrade or is it more like the Souls series where you can build your character with choices of many different weapons and gear?
This is a Souls game except for the name, so I'd assume there are more than two weapons. I'd be pretty disappointed otherwise.

This is a Souls game except for the name, so I'd assume there are more than two weapons. I'd be pretty disappointed otherwise.
Yeah I agree. I am just surprised I have not seen any yet. But as you said, the look and feel of the game and menu system looks identical to Souls.

Finally finished KOTOR. In the 2nd half I kind of just wanted to get it done. With Master Speed and Master Flurry, you're so overpowered that there is never a chance of dying. Plus, it tries to be open-ended but is actually really quite linear. I would probably have been blown away by this game if I played it through when it was new, but I wasn't terribly impressed.

Next, switching off between Age of Empires 3 and Company of Heroes.

Finally finished KOTOR. In the 2nd half I kind of just wanted to get it done. With Master Speed and Master Flurry, you're so overpowered that there is never a chance of dying. Plus, it tries to be open-ended but is actually really quite linear. I would probably have been blown away by this game if I played it through when it was new, but I wasn't terribly impressed.

Next, switching off between Age of Empires 3 and Company of Heroes.
It does?

Nothing sounds right about this. I looked this up on Sony's web site and it sounds totally different than what has been explained here.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5059/~/activate-/-deactivate-primary-ps4

Foos, is it worth calling back and asking for a manager?
Maybe? I tried online, I tried from my console, I tried the support desk. The support chick I talked to made it sound like it wasn't even an option for her to deactivate. Like even if she wanted to the system wouldn't let her.

You are dead to me.

After you have signed into your PSN Account: Select [PSN] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
It says that I already have another PS4 active and that I have to deactivate it from that PS4
weird. I wonder if you took it to your parents and went into options if you could then deactivate
I'm not driving 9 hours to deactivate my PS4. :)

You are dead to me.
I hope Mass Effect is better since I already bought the first two.

And, for the record, Bastila might be the most annoying character I've ever seen in a game, followed by Carth.

You are dead to me.
I hope Mass Effect is better since I already bought the first two.

And, for the record, Bastila might be the most annoying character I've ever seen in a game, followed by Carth.
Mass Effect is completely different. It starts a bit slow but hang in there. Its one of the best series of the last 10 years.

Foosball God said:
belljr said:
Foosball God said:

It says that I already have another PS4 active and that I have to deactivate it from that PS4
weird. I wonder if you took it to your parents and went into options if you could then deactivate
I'm not driving 9 hours to deactivate my PS4. :)
quitter

The Star Wars humble bundle just started and its absolutely worth it.

Kotor 1

Kotor 2

Dark Forces

Empire at War

The Force Unleashed 1

The Force Unleashed 2

Battlefront 2

Republic Commando

And more tba later.
Solid list. Dark Forces is one of my favorite games ever let alone Star Wars games. Runs on the old Doom engine and is a great original story line within the canon lore.

Empire at War was one of the biggest disappointments in games I've ever had. Was so hyped for an Age of Empires style Star Wars game and it woefully under delivered.

Let's see...

Lately I've been playing around with Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth, an indie game called Dead State, Hearthstone, and just got The Walking Dead: Season 1 and Season 2 for cheap on Steam. All not bad...

Let's see...

Lately I've been playing around with Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth, an indie game called Dead State, Hearthstone, and just got The Walking Dead: Season 1 and Season 2 for cheap on Steam. All not bad...
How is this? I've played the Civs since Civ3 so I think its a should buy but the online reviews don't make it sound so great.

The Star Wars humble bundle just started and its absolutely worth it.

Kotor 1

Kotor 2

Dark Forces

Empire at War

The Force Unleashed 1

The Force Unleashed 2

Battlefront 2

Republic Commando

And more tba later.
Solid list. Dark Forces is one of my favorite games ever let alone Star Wars games. Runs on the old Doom engine and is a great original story line within the canon lore.Empire at War was one of the biggest disappointments in games I've ever had. Was so hyped for an Age of Empires style Star Wars game and it woefully under delivered.
:goodposting:

Just finished the first chapter of Life is Strange. Pretty cool so far, basically like Butterfly Effect: The Game. Kind of plays like a cross between the Telltale games version of the Walking dead, and Heavy Rain.

I grabbed 'Darkest Dungeon' early access today off steam after watching a few youtubers play it. Its a TBS rogue-like, which normally wouldn't do anything for me, but the devs did an amazing job focusing on strategy in a generally hack and slash genre. Amazing concept, amazing game.

I grabbed 'Darkest Dungeon' early access today off steam after watching a few youtubers play it. Its a TBS rogue-like, which normally wouldn't do anything for me, but the devs did an amazing job focusing on strategy in a generally hack and slash genre. Amazing concept, amazing game.
An amazing rogue-like? I hate you for bringing this to my attention.

That caught my attention too but when I looked at it on youtube, it reminded me more of the original turn based Final Fantasy games than a rogue clone.

http://www.wgt.com/home.aspx

I just started playing World GOlf Tour golf online again. Is anyone playing it? It'd be cool to make a FBGs country club.

Level 21 Amateur here, and I have no idea if there's a way to earn more credits without paying real money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started playing Diablo III over the past couple of days. Good lord this game is addicting and awesome.

I just started playing Diablo III over the past couple of days. Good lord this game is addicting and awesome.
what character are you playing?

And are you playing Diablo 3 (the original) or Reaper of Souls (Ultimate Evil Edition on the consoles?)

Anyone else playing the iphone/android game Puzzle and Dragons? This game has taken over my life.
This looks interesting. I am going to give it a try. Is it a big learning curve?
Hell yes unfortunately. Dont be fooled by it's simple looking Match-3 game play. It has full on RPG elements to it such as leveling up all your monsters, fusing them with other monsters and ingredients to evolve them and so forth.

There are also daily dungeons that come around once a week that give you stuff like evolution materials. For example today is Thursday which means the dragon plant dungeon is today and I need to farm it for dragon plants to evolve this one type of monster which is then used to quickly level up my main monster team.

It's addicting as hell and the kind of game where you start to plan your day around what dungeon is going to come up at a specific time.

Send help.

If you do decide to play, check out this guide.

Anyone else playing the iphone/android game Puzzle and Dragons? This game has taken over my life.
This looks interesting. I am going to give it a try. Is it a big learning curve?
Hell yes unfortunately. Dont be fooled by it's simple looking Match-3 game play. It has full on RPG elements to it such as leveling up all your monsters, fusing them with other monsters and ingredients to evolve them and so forth.

There are also daily dungeons that come around once a week that give you stuff like evolution materials. For example today is Thursday which means the dragon plant dungeon is today and I need to farm it for dragon plants to evolve this one type of monster which is then used to quickly level up my main monster team.

It's addicting as hell and the kind of game where you start to plan your day around what dungeon is going to come up at a specific time.

Send help.

this seems right up my ally! I love RPGs in all forms (I am playing Hearthstone, Diablo ROS and Dragon Age 3 right now).

I will read the guide thanks for the link.

I tend to be a Free 2 Play player for these type of ipad games. If you are willing to put in the time to grind, does this game allow you to advance or are you almost forced to pay for the stones?

Send help.

this seems right up my ally! I love RPGs in all forms (I am playing Hearthstone, Diablo ROS and Dragon Age 3 right now).

I tend to be a Free 2 Play player for these type of ipad games. If you are willing to put in the time to grind, does this game allow you to advance or are you almost forced to pay for the stones?
the game is generous in handing out the freemium currency. You get one stone each time you clear one set of dungeons for the first time. They also have monthly events where they mail you a free stone per day. You can absolutely play this without spending money. You also get stones at particular "days played" milestones. I recently hit 75 days and got 5 free stones.

and yes, there is grinding in this game, lots of it.

Your first grindy thing will be if you're willing to do the reinstall/reroll process for a good starting leader, as mentioned in the linked guide. That can be very tedious, but worth it if you end up with a good starting god.

Feel free to ask questions.

That caught my attention too but when I looked at it on youtube, it reminded me more of the original turn based Final Fantasy games than a rogue clone.
Turns out I had this on my wanted list. Man I'm tempted. Looks awesome.

Send help.

the game is generous in handing out the freemium currency. You get one stone each time you clear one set of dungeons for the first time. They also have monthly events where they mail you a free stone per day. You can absolutely play this without spending money. You also get stones at particular "days played" milestones. I recently hit 75 days and got 5 free stones.

Your first grindy thing will be if you're willing to do the reinstall/reroll process for a good starting leader, as mentioned in the linked guide. That can be very tedious, but worth it if you end up with a good starting god.

do I absolutely need a god on the free roll or can I get away with something from the Top Tier? The original guide link says god only but the link it refers to seems to suggest other tiers would be ok too.

http://guide.padherder.com/Reroll_tier_list

I read through the guide and was confused. I think I will do the tutorial and then read through it again, it might make more sense once I use some of the mechanics.

what character are you playing?

And are you playing Diablo 3 (the original) or Reaper of Souls (Ultimate Evil Edition on the consoles?)
UEE on PS3 as a Wizard.
nice! enjoy. The wizard has some fun glass cannon builds.
Oh I will. I just unlocked the Glass Cannon passive skill. I'll have to look up some of the builds.

Just finished main story line in GTA5. I still have jumps to do, parachutes to land and ho's to bang, but those side tasks get tedious. I'm dabbling with GTA Online and I think that will be fun for awhile, but I can see it getting old.

Saints Row 4 is queued up next once I'm done with GTA

Send help.

do I absolutely need a god on the free roll or can I get away with something from the Top Tier? The original guide link says god only but the link it refers to seems to suggest other tiers would be ok too.

http://guide.padherder.com/Reroll_tier_list

I read through the guide and was confused. I think I will do the tutorial and then read through it again, it might make more sense once I use some of the mechanics.
You dont even need to do the reroll process at all if you dont want to. It just makes your life a bit easier as you progress. I'm a bit OCD about having an awesome team, so I chose to do it. If you roll a top tier I would go with that. They're really good.

Also, if you're patient, you may want to wait to start until the next Godfest which should be in a week or two. During a Godfest, they choose one type of God and multiply their chances of dropping from the egg machine by 3. Also, you should only ever use stones on the machine during a Godfest.

I got lucky and rolled an Isis (dont know if I should call it lucky since I re-installed and re-rolled probably 20-30 times).

The newbie guide throws a lot of info at you at once. Just focus on getting a good starting monster, run some dungeons to increase your gold and rank, and then keep coming back to the guide as you encounter more mechanics in the game.

Turns out I had this on my wanted list. Man I'm tempted. Looks awesome.
Aaaand I caved. At least I know what I'll be doing tonight.

So do we have a list of Evolve suckers on the PC? I'm finally going to get my computer up and running in the new house to give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread