What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vikings WRs (1 Viewer)

Lambert

Footballguy
Troy Williamson - 12 targets, 4 catches for 77 yards - while not quite Johnson's only target, the clear favorite by far, at least tonight. He got open a lot, but dropped a few big ones. Having said that, right now he still looks like he might be the only viable player for fantasy purposes. If he can start turning a few more of those targets into catches, he could be a good WR3, possibly even borderline WR2 depending on your league.

Travis Taylor - Who?? Maybe someone should introduce him to Brad Johnson. 2 targets, 1 catch - he's listed as #2 on the depth charts, but is he still #2, or has he been knocked down to #3 WR by ...

Marcus Robinson - 4 targets, 1 catch, 1 TD - See above - is he the new #2 WR ... also, anybody expecting either Robinson or Travis Taylor to be worth anything this season??

Williamson - Picked him up in rd 12 and will play the matchups all year with him and Coles at my WR3. If he held on to those 2 drops, he would have had a HUGE week

Taylor - Wow, talk about a disappearing act

Robinsons - seemed to be in on goaline sets and is a big target down in the redzone.

I woudl hesitate to use any of these guys as a regular, but Williamson is the obvious best of of the bunch

Last edited by a moderator:
Troy Williamson - 12 targets, 4 catches for 77 yards - while not quite Johnson's only target, the clear favorite by far, at least tonight. He got open a lot, but dropped a few big ones. Having said that, right now he still looks like he might be the only viable player for fantasy purposes. If he can start turning a few more of those targets into catches, he could be a good WR3, possibly even borderline WR2 depending on your league.Travis Taylor - Who?? Maybe someone should introduce him to Brad Johnson. 2 targets, 1 catch - he's listed as #2 on the depth charts, but is he still #2, or has he been knocked down to #3 WR by ...Marcus Robinson - 4 targets, 1 catch, 1 TD - See above - is he the new #2 WR ... also, anybody expecting either Robinson or Travis Taylor to be worth anything this season??
I am a Williamson owner (2 of 3 leagues) and he was looked to a lot. With an accurate Brad Johnson tossing him the rock I'd say he emerged as the # 1 on this team, and I will be starting him week in and week out.Bad news hew only cuaght 4. Good news hhe was targeted for 12 and barely missed that bomb (which woulda been 6). Frankly. His numbers from this game will look pedestrian but BJ looked his way all night and often deep. I'd trade for him before he emerges. He'll make more of those cathes as the year goes on, and if you don't own him, you might be lucky he didt catch one more big one. Then no one would be willing topart with him, but I really think with Krobs exit he is gonna be great this year.

Williamson - Picked him up in rd 12 and will play the matchups all year with him and Coles at my WR3Taylor - Wow, talk about a disappearing actRobinsons - seemed to be in on goaline sets and is a big target down in the redzone.I woudl hesitate to use any of these guys as a regular, but Williamson is the obvious best of of the bunch
Yep, I've got Williamson in one league, and picked up T. Taylor late in the draft in another league. He's only my 5th WR in a start-3WR league, but I'm still looking at possible replacements for him on my team after tonight's game.

I don't like any of these guys.

I would take Williamson over the rest,

but the dropsies will be the death of him eventually.

Williamson's dropsies weren't encouraging but the fact that Johnson kept going to him in key spots was. He also has the ability to get open whether on bombs or short routes. Me likey.

Troy Williamson - 12 targets, 4 catches for 77 yards - while not quite Johnson's only target, the clear favorite by far, at least tonight. He got open a lot, but dropped a few big ones. Having said that, right now he still looks like he might be the only viable player for fantasy purposes. If he can start turning a few more of those targets into catches, he could be a good WR3, possibly even borderline WR2 depending on your league.Travis Taylor - Who?? Maybe someone should introduce him to Brad Johnson. 2 targets, 1 catch - he's listed as #2 on the depth charts, but is he still #2, or has he been knocked down to #3 WR by ...Marcus Robinson - 4 targets, 1 catch, 1 TD - See above - is he the new #2 WR ... also, anybody expecting either Robinson or Travis Taylor to be worth anything this season??
I am a Williamson owner (2 of 3 leagues) and he was looked to a lot. With an accurate Brad Johnson tossing him the rock I'd say he emerged as the # 1 on this team, and I will be starting him week in and week out.Bad news hew only cuaght 4. Good news hhe was targeted for 12 and barely missed that bomb (which woulda been 6). Frankly. His numbers from this game will look pedestrian but BJ looked his way all night and often deep. I'd trade for him before he emerges. He'll make more of those cathes as the year goes on, and if you don't own him, you might be lucky he didt catch one more big one. Then no one would be willing topart with him, but I really think with Krobs exit he is gonna be great this year.
:goodposting: Have Williamson in 4 of 6 leagues, including the Survivor league here at Footballguys and my long-time redraft league with my college buddies - got him absurdly cheap in most drafts before K Robinson melted down in training camp and got cut for attempted motor vehicular homicide (DUI at 100 MPH in a 55 zone). He is the guy that Johnson appears to look to first. Yes, he mishandled some passes tonight, but some of the missed targets, Williamson put in a big effort (the diving attempt coming back to the ball sticks out for me). However, he also made some big plays that delivered first downs, and he set up the Taylor TD with his second catch on the first drive. [3-7-MIN48 (11:25) B.Johnson pass deep right to T.Williamson pushed ob at WAS 6 for 46 yards (M.Rumph)]. Williamson is already the clear #1 WR here, and may become an elite fantasy player at his position very soon. My .02.Edited to clarify play-by-play entry (second catch on first drive)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread