What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vince Young will destroy someone's FFL WR. (1 Viewer)

Who wants Vince Young throwing to their FFL WR?

• 1. Bring on the box of rocks, he will light it up with my WR.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Please don't draft the box of rocks and ruin my FFL WR.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lod2005

Footballguy
Ok, so you got say Larry Fitzgerald and Vince Young has been passed on by the smart teams. Here comes the Arizona Cardinals and Denny Green is salivating at the chance to grab this guy. I say TAKE VINCE YOUNG Denny because I don't have a WR there.

What a ridiculous thread.

First off, it has not been verified that this stupid rumor from one place is true.

Second, this is just a stupid thread.

The guy had a great championship game, put it all together wasn't nervous or flustered a bit. Then I watched his post game interview and realized he wasn't smart enough to be nervous. He sounded like an uneducated boxer that had been beat about the head too often. "Mitch Blood Green" comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vince is going in the top 3. So if you have WRs for Houston, NO, or TN, or even the Jets if he falls that far, youre in big trouble anyway. WRs on all of those teams did squat last year in fantasy. Stallworth and Horn on occasion were decent. But I personally wouldnt want any WR on any of those 4 teams besides Andre Johnson, and thats only if things change dramatically in Houston. But as far as Vince being a WR killer like VIck, Im not buying it. I think he'd struggle a little like all rookies, but given time the skills cant help but take over. Vince is getting it done in the pros. the man is a winner....

And if AZ is lucky enough to get their hands on him and develop him behind Warner for a year or two, Id be LOVING Fitzgerald even more. Young to Fitz would be like Culpepper to Moss in 2 years. jmho.

LMAO. Young to Fitzgerald would be a total disaster. You are delirious.

And another thing. He is not going top 3.

LMAO. Young to Fitzgerald would be a total disaster. You are delirious.

And another thing. He is not going top 3.
Dude, ANYONE to Fitzgerald would be a wonderful thing. Delirious?? Give me a break. Weve all got our opinions, but please dont be one of these losers that throws 'delirious' around just because you dont agree. Keep it clean....I dont need your garbage insults.I edited this comment to not seem so delirious.

You have chosen to ignore lod2005. View this post · Un-ignore lod2005 :bye:

By the way, using your logic, how did you ever wind up with your WRs

Ok, so you got say Larry Fitzgerald and Vince Young has been passed on by the smart teams . Here comes the Arizona Cardinals and Denny Green is salivating at the chance to grab this guy. I say TAKE VINCE YOUNG Denny because I don't have a WR there.
LMAO at the "smart teams" which smart teams? how "smart" are they if they are picking BEFORE the cards?

Vince can be ok. Instead of going over plays with him on the chalk board, the coach's may want to try a puppet show.

Ok, so you got say Larry Fitzgerald and Vince Young has been passed on by the smart teams. Here comes the Arizona Cardinals and Denny Green is salivating at the chance to grab this guy. I say TAKE VINCE YOUNG Denny because I don't have a WR there.
Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Your not funny,clever or smart. People like you crack me up.

Go sell crazy somewhere else.Your not funny,clever or smart. People like you crack me up.
If he is not funny how does he crack you up?

Go sell crazy somewhere else.Your not funny,clever or smart. People like you crack me up.
If he is not funny how does he crack you up?
it's like when someone says it's "bad" but they really mean it's goodexample: that steeler defense is BAD! thank you drive thru :bag:

The guy had a great championship game, put it all together wasn't nervous or flustered a bit. Then I watched his post game interview and realized he wasn't smart enough to be nervous. He sounded like an uneducated boxer that had been beat about the head too often. "Mitch Blood Green" comes to mind.
That's funny, 'cause you could ask Vince about any play in any game this year, and he could tell you down and distance, the playcall, what defense the opposition was in as they lined up and at the snap, what Texas' response was on the play, and how it played out. I was always amazed at his ability to recall plays when reporters would ask "What were you thinking when..." or "Why did you do this when..."...He would often describe the whole play even when they didn't ask specific questions like that, because he liked to give the D credit for certain things, like forcing him outside, or give his O-line credit for great protection, or a wr credit for a great read or catch, etc. Loves to talk up a D that's really hitting, etc. He's just like that.

But, hey, I only watched every game the kid played in the last 3 years. WTF do I know?

"Put it all together" in his last game? He was 30-2 as a starter and won his last 20. You did know that...right?

You might want to keep your man-love in check Hairy the floors are starting to get sticky. Because he has a good memory doesn't mean he is not lacking in intelligence.

Every time I see Vince Young's name in print, I immediately think of Vince Neil.

I know that's not a very entertaining story, but this thread seemed like the place for me to get it off my chest.

That's funny, 'cause you could ask Vince about any play in any game this year, and he could tell you down and distance, the playcall, what defense the opposition was in as they lined up and at the snap, what Texas' response was on the play, and how it played out. I was always amazed at his ability to recall plays when reporters would ask "What were you thinking when..." or "Why did you do this when..."...He would often describe the whole play even when they didn't ask specific questions like that, because he liked to give the D credit for certain things, like forcing him outside, or give his O-line credit for great protection, or a wr credit for a great read or catch, etc. Loves to talk up a D that's really hitting, etc. He's just like that.

But, hey, I only watched every game the kid played in the last 3 years. WTF do I know?

"Put it all together" in his last game? He was 30-2 as a starter and won his last 20. You did know that...right?
Who are you my agent? I don't even know what an agent is but I was told you are him. I'll tell ya something. You know nothing about me. Quit stalking me. Your avatar is an embarrassment to my greatness. Remove it. You also know nothing about football if you think I am NFL material. I can't even read.

Signed,

Vinc Yung

You have chosen to ignore lod2005. View this post · Un-ignore lod2005 :bye:

By the way, using your logic, how did you ever wind up with your WRs
:goodposting: however, i wish the posts just wouldn't show up, because your always tempted to "view this post"

What a ridiculous thread.

First off, it has not been verified that this stupid rumor from one place is true.

Second, this is just a stupid thread.
"Stupid rumor" is apropos.

41 of you correctly have analyzed my lack of game. 17 of you so far will be swirling at the bottom of the toilet in your league if you think I have any chance of putting up big #'s as an FFL QB. If you think I am quality FFL material, you probably pick Vick in the 1st round.

My style is as follows:

Play called in from sidelines: Throw to the guy on the left side. 'Someone help me, which left side?' Theirs or ours?'.

Drop back and look right. 'That guys looks covered, I'm gonna run.'

Signed,

Vinc Yung

They can put an L on his left shoe and an R on his right. That way he can look at his shoe prior to running the play. :lmao:

Laugh all you want at me. I'm going to Arizona.....but I will never visit Disney World. Fitz is gonna love watching me run by him. He and Boldin are good blockers and so is that Johnson bust they picked a few years ago. about time he earns his $ watching me run.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/cont...mbine_0227.html

Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green said the test scores should not be used as an ultimate gauge of a person's intelligence, but just another "piece of the puzzle." Interviews, background checks and college academic success can also help determine whether a player has the smarts to make it professionally.

"If you look at a player who doesn't do well in school and makes a lot of mistakes on the football field, then he scores poorly on the Wonderlic, it's probably not a player that you want," Green said. "It's never just one thing. It's a pattern."

Green said he believes Young's reputation would override any low score, even if he did score just 6.

"Vince is going to be a great player in the National Football League," Green said. "I don't have a clue what his score is, and I don't think it matters what his score is. He was a great player in college and I think he'll be the same thing in pro football. If you can play, you can play."

Lets bring this back. If the "What would Bradshaw score on the wonderlic" can stay alive so should this thread.

If Vince Young completely busts out of the NFL, lod2005 still failed to show this thoughts why.
No idea what you are trying to say here but the lod was correct in his analysis of this bum. He's a B-U-S-T BECAUSE he was taken 3rd.Great thread. SoloMatisse - ouch, totally wrong. OZ - no clue. Hairy Scotsman...whatever happened to that guy? He must be devestated to be so wrong about this hack.

Vince 6-Pack...spot on.

Great thread showing many posters who are incapable of analyzing NFL potential.

If Vince Young completely busts out of the NFL, lod2005 still failed to show this thoughts why.
No idea what you are trying to say here but the lod was correct in his analysis of this bum. He's a B-U-S-T BECAUSE he was taken 3rd.Great thread. SoloMatisse - ouch, totally wrong. OZ - no clue. Hairy Scotsman...whatever happened to that guy? He must be devestated to be so wrong about this hack.

Vince 6-Pack...spot on.

Problem being this thread could have been revisited a thousand different ways much earlier. Fact is, VY didn't ruin any particular stud FF WR. If he had had Fitz to throw to, nobody knows what his career would have done. Thus the prediction, while not being wrong, was not right either. Also: VY isn't yet done int eh NFL, just like Mike Vick wasn't.

No idea what you are trying to say here but the lod was correct in his analysis of this bum. He's a B-U-S-T BECAUSE he was taken 3rd.Great thread. SoloMatisse - ouch, totally wrong. OZ - no clue. Hairy Scotsman...whatever happened to that guy? He must be devestated to be so wrong about this hack.Vince 6-Pack...spot on.Great thread showing many posters who are incapable of analyzing NFL potential.
:P Your incoherent initial post seems to indicate that VY would kill any WR's FF value. What Titans WR had any value to kill? VY helped give Justin freaking Gage his career year but there was no talent at WR aside from maybe Britt to kill, and Britt did as well as could be expected with any QB.

No idea what you are trying to say here but the lod was correct in his analysis of this bum. He's a B-U-S-T BECAUSE he was taken 3rd.Great thread. SoloMatisse - ouch, totally wrong. OZ - no clue. Hairy Scotsman...whatever happened to that guy? He must be devestated to be so wrong about this hack.Vince 6-Pack...spot on.Great thread showing many posters who are incapable of analyzing NFL potential.
:thumbup: Your incoherent initial post seems to indicate that VY would kill any WR's FF value. What Titans WR had any value to kill? VY helped give Justin freaking Gage his career year but there was no talent at WR aside from maybe Britt to kill, and Britt did as well as could be expected with any QB.
Britt's best game ever was with Vinc on the sidelines. He couldn't have even dreamed of a week like that with Vinc at the helm.

I think it's safe to say that if Young had been drafted by Arizona, he'd be doing:

1) Better than he's done in Tennessee

2) Better than the current crop of Arizona QBs

Vince 6-Pack...spot on.

:thumbup: :lmao: :rolleyes:

Rebirtha said:

Vince 6-Pack...spot on.

:shrug: :lmao: :lmao:
VY got a 6 on his wonderlic. A 6! A hamster on LSD can get a 6 on a wonderlic.

Now, it's safe to say that you don't have to be a genius to play football. In fact, I'd say besides a few key positions, the average football player IQ is pretty low, so when you flunk a test for a sport known for dummies...you're not just dumb, you are an unholy offspring between a donkey and a paper bag.

Users who are viewing this thread