What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Von Miller facing 4 game suspension for violating NFL policy (1 Viewer)

Phenix

Footballguy
@AdamSchefter: Broncos LB Von Miller is facing 4-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per ESPN sources. in appeals process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Denver penciled into the SB, this is not a good start. For a team loaded, they sure give us plenty of other junk to discuss with the team. Who' running this operation?

Between the addition of Welker, more emphasis on the speed huddle, and this possible suspension increasing the likelyhood of shootouts...Peyton is being set up for a monster year.

Might be time to put a pinned thread that keeps track of all of the early season suspensions. Getting to be too much to keep track of.

Why can't players put down the trees man?

It's like totally far out that all these players just love to get high.

I was gonna go to practice, until I got high.

I was gonna league the league in sacks, until I got high.

Now I'm on the bench, and I know why-hi (yeah-hah)

Cuz Von was high, cuz Von was high, cuz Von was high.

@MikeKlis: According to NFL source, #Broncos LB Von Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011.

Hopefully this scares a person or two on draft day and lets them slide just a bit. Having a defense that is a bit short for four games shouldn't have much of an impact on whether a fantasy team makes a playoff run. I'm still picking them up if they are at the right spot, and that spot for me hasn't changed with this news.

Mile High said:
Phlash said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
@MikeKlis: According to NFL source, #Broncos LB Von Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011.
Is the NFL that slow that it takes them more than a year to confirm a test?
No. Just that was the first time he failed. This is the second that's why he is facing suspension.
I believe a first offense put the player on probation but no public announcement is made. The second offense - 4 gm suspension, third offense - 1 yr suspension.

The Denver Post reports there is an open warrant out for suspended Broncos SLB Von Miller in California.
The warrant is for Miller's failure to appear for a traffic ticket issued last year. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's hands may be tied when it comes to traffic citations, but arrest warrants could be another matter entirely. We're almost expecting Goodell to add to Miller's six-game suspension at this point. The NFL wanted a longer ban before that disciplined was handed down.

this dude is a moron.

The Denver Post reports there is an open warrant out for suspended Broncos SLB Von Miller in California.
The warrant is for Miller's failure to appear for a traffic ticket issued last year. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's hands may be tied when it comes to traffic citations, but arrest warrants could be another matter entirely. We're almost expecting Goodell to add to Miller's six-game suspension at this point. The NFL wanted a longer ban before that disciplined was handed down.

this dude is a moron.
arrest warrant for not paying a ticket? yeah, i doubt he gets more time on his suspension for that.

this dude is a moron.
arrest warrant for not paying a ticket? yeah, i doubt he gets more time on his suspension for that.
Maybe not on it's own, but in conjunction with the other offenses he's had POST suspension, I can see a few more games tacked on.

this dude is a moron.
Maybe not on it's own, but in conjunction with the other offenses he's had POST suspension, I can see a few more games tacked on.
If it stemmed from something more then a driving ticket I would agree. I can see an additional fine at most, and likely not even that as its not worth the news.

this dude is a moron.
Miller may indeed be a moron, but the Denver Post is losing credibility.

Mike Klis@MikeKlis7h
Joby Branion, Von Miller's agent, on report of warrant in California: "There is no arrest warrant.''

Vic Lombardi@VicLombardi8h
Just got confirmation. Von Miller is NOT facing an arrest warrant in California. Ticket payment was made.

Vic Lombardi@VicLombardi7h
Both District Attorney and county court confirm NO arrest warrant.

ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen reported suspended Broncos OLB Von Miller unsuccessfully tried to corrupt the NFL drug testing program.
This explains why rumors of a possible one-year ban swirled before Miller was eventually suspended for six games. Per Mort and Schefter, Miller received help from the urine collector in his corruption attempt. The urine collector was relieved of his duties. Miller has serious issues. One more misstep and he could lose a year's worth of pay. According to ESPN's Tom Jackson, Miller's father is now living with him in an effort to keep the 24-year-old out of trouble. Miller will be back Week 7. The Broncos haven't missed a beat without him.

:tinfoilhat:

bad conspiracy work here.

Report: Broncos' Miller tried to rig drug test By Sports Network
The Sports Network
Published: Sunday, Sep. 22, 2013 - 9:24 am
Suspended Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller reportedly collaborated with a sample collector in an attempt to beat an NFL drug test.

According to ESPN, the collector was willing to substitute another person's urine sample in place of Miller's. However, ESPN's sources said a second collector discovered that Miller was not in the city where his sample was to have been retrieved.

Miller was initially fighting a four-game suspension this summer for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy, but speculation began to circulate that the NFL was attempting to lengthen the penalty to as much as a year -- apparently because of the alleged tampering.

The NFL did increase the ban from four to six games.

Miller, the 2011 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, is not eligible to return until the Broncos' Week 7 game against Indianapolis.

ESPN said the sample collector was dismissed by the NFL.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/09/22/5758040/report-broncos-miller-tried-to.html#mi_rss=Wire%20NFL#storylink=cpy

Users who are viewing this thread