What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - Week 3 (3 Viewers)

Especially if that TE is actually his best friend in real life.

Beathard and Kittle were roomates in college.
I’d keep Kittle too, but FWIW their numbers when they played together last year was not very good. 

While new season so who knows. 

kerryon johnson

thoughts?
Depends on your league size, Kerryon was drafted and rostered in my 14-team Standard.

Gonna throw Sterling Sheperd out there. Giants play a home game vs. the Saints, who benched Crawley and Patrick Robinson is hurt. Lattimore will be on OBJ which leaves Shep to feast on the scraps. No Evan Engram which helps increase Shep's target share... you may not even have to bid to get him, just pick up up after waivers since people will automatically discount most Giants skill players not named OBJ/Engram/Barkley due to the QB. I might put in a $1-2 bid just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
My point exactly. I'm not buying into any soon-ish return for Jeffery. 
Interesting, as I am because by the time he's cleared, he may already be scooped up if for whatever reason he is on the wire. Acquisitions like this sometimes need to be more proactively pre-emptive.

As such, can I get the masses help in ranking these WRS ROS:

Alshon Jeffrey

Marquise Goodwin

Tyler Boyd

To me, a lot of uncertainty in the first two in terms of how they fare ROS, and Boyd has a little more uncertainty but is the de facto #2 in that offense where the others have WR1 upside.

@Stompin' Tom Connors assuming jefferey is ready now with Wentz back, imo ROS it's be Jeffery >> Boyd > Goodwin. Even the risk factor for each of these guys would rank the same in reverse, with Goodwin being the highest question mark.
I'd agree with this ranking; however I don't see Jeffery being ready now and I doubt we see him at 100% any time soon. 

made a waiver wire vid. i know a lot of these guys are prolly gone in deeper leagues but figured i’d share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PW_MtawoLA
I would say amazing schtick... but the video length implies serious? :oldunsure:  

Regardless - the wrestling action figures, teddy bear (holding a camping lantern?), those stickers I had on my wall in junior high school, your inability to get through a sentence without "effin", and the creepy wood paneling.... spectacular. 

Someone dropped K Benjamin this past weekend. Thinking of putting in a claim for him, but not sure if dropping someone like Courtland Sutton or John Kelly(have Gurley) is worth it.

Hard to argue Dalton short term but Bortles has a fantastic playoff schedule. 
It was only one game, but Josh Allen looked very good against arguably the best defense in the league Sunday. And they get the Packers and Titans next two weeks 

Dude.......
Was just curious, so Golladay > Ridley? He became available in the league last week and after the blow up last weekend and even a decent week the week before was curious how for real he was and if either of them were droppable for Ridley. Thanks!

Also they did the league non-ppr if that matters 

Was just curious, so Golladay > Ridley? He became available in the league last week and after the blow up last weekend and even a decent week the week before was curious how for real he was and if either of them were droppable for Ridley. Thanks!

Also they did the league non-ppr if that matters 
I'd also be careful about one week lessons vs the Saints secondary. He looked as fast the blazes but everyone has scored deep on the Saints.

My claims for this week (14-team standard, 3WRs)

1. Ridley

2. Boyd 

3. Callaway

I'm honestly not super high on any of them, more just churning the bottom of my roster (sayonara, Marlon Mack!) I put Ridley first because of his QB/offense. I'm 9/14 in priority so my guess is I get Callaway

I would take Golladay over Ridley for the ROS.

You should watch Golladay.  He seriously looks like an emerging superstar at receiver.  6’4, fast, strong, great hands, and slowly but surely taking over the WR1 spot from Tate and Jones

1 at the most.
Yeah, assuming he meant Fitzpatrick and not Fitzgerald (some owners panic and make dumb cuts), I don't see how you can spend much. He goes against Chicago and then who knows if he keeps the job. If he had a great match this week or he played Chicago this week but had security, ok. But this situation is the worst of both worlds. 

Ridley and Boyd and Shepard were available in most of my leagues. Ended up going Boyd in most mainly out of missing on Ridley. Dalton seeming to be moving the ball well in his first three games.

These types of guys are the reason I always find it okay to wait on WR in a draft. 

The comparison of WW WRs to WW RBs in all four of my leagues is striking.

Keke

Do you love me

Are you scoring?

Say you'll never ever leave from my roster

'Cause I want ya, and I need ya

And I'm down for you always
What is up with Hamstrings in Houston? These guys just can't seem to retain enough water to stay on the field. It seems as soon as you mention Will Fuller's name, his hamstring tightens up...is it the same thing with Keke? Does this kid have any promise?

Ridley and Boyd and Shepard were available in most of my leagues. Ended up going Boyd in most mainly out of missing on Ridley. Dalton seeming to be moving the ball well in his first three games.
I like Boyd ROS over Ridley anyway even though Calvin is the better talent. Julio wasn't 100% and Ridley won't be sneaking up on anyone else... and surely isn't playing NO 13 more times.

Yeah, assuming he meant Fitzpatrick and not Fitzgerald (some owners panic and make dumb cuts), I don't see how you can spend much. He goes against Chicago and then who knows if he keeps the job. If he had a great match this week or he played Chicago this week but had security, ok. But this situation is the worst of both worlds. 
there is the possibility he plays well against Chicago and keeps the job

Picked up Njoku this week for Reeds bye. Like him going forward with Mayfield at QB they seemed to have a connection in pre season

My WR situation is a mess.  I'm strong elsewhere, but am totally uncomfortable with my unit.  I couldn't get Ridley or Boyd off the wire, so I grabbed Allison.  That leaves me with..

Tate/DThomas/Enunwa/Crabtree/Godwin/Allison/Goodwin

Someone dropped Corey Davis.  Should I drop Goodwin for him?  It's 10 team PPR.  2 RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX

I have Gordon, CMC, Mixon, Conner, Crowell, Ekeler at RB and try (when byes/injuries aren't an issue) to start four every week with only two WRs.  This week with CMC out and Mixon hurt, I'm likely starting four WRs.

Missed out on Ridley, got Boyd. I'm reasonably happy; I think Boyd has a higher floor but lower ceiling than Ridley.

Now the question is whether to put him or Godwin in my starting lineup over Fitz.

Ridley - played a bad CB this week and produced bigtime.Julio played a great DB this week and produced OK numbers. Ridley will not get chances like this all season, he's #3 WR in ATL.in dynasty, he's the guy to own going forward.next year and beyond. the ONLY hope you have of him being a must-start weekly player is the patented Julio Jones midseason injury™..because ya know, it's coming. so Ridley might have a shot this season but other than that he's more of a fool's gold pick going forward.

Boyd is the real deal.

I agree with others on Golladay - he's incredible. he's here to stay, and he's a must start every week.

Miami defense

Users who are viewing this thread