What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 4* (2 Viewers)

Pettis is a good call. I think many people dropped him after the slow start and bad press - and also maybe into the bye week thinking that folks may have forgotten about him.

Better pick up for week 5, possibly beyond?

Jimmy Graham

Tyler Eifert

Dawson Knox

Ricky Seals Jones

or, stick it out with OJ Howard another week, snatch up Chris Herndon

Nothing to get excited about. Steelers run game has struggled. Besides, I’d think Samuels was already owned everywhere. 
Might have been drooped after last week and he’s been heavily involved Monday night running the Wildcat etc. 

Rudolph?  Kid looks pretty good. He hasn’t had to do much tonight with pitt defense destroying Cincy 

IheartGuinness said:
Seems like a pretty blah week for the WW, doesn't it?
Everyone's league is different, which means different guys are on the wire. But I'm with you and your take here.

I'm in a 14 team league with medium-shallow benches. Guys like Brissett, Samuels, RoJo, Godwin, and Tate were drafted. All the value that's emerged over the last few weeks are rostered.

This is the first waiver period where I am holding pat -- not much out there on our wire that's worth dropping for who I have.

I'm in a 14-team Standard scoring league with Double Flex spots, this waiver period is dull as Hell. Like... I can't really recommend anyone owned in less than 50% of Yahoo leagues.. Maybe Jay Ajayi watch is on? MVS and Geronimo Allison are owned in more than 50 of Yahoo leagues. I'm not going to endorse picking which Indy WR could go off vs. KC if any of them do. RSJ would be a massive chase at TE.

Mohamed Sanu, Atl WR @ Hou

Kenny Stills, Hou WR vs Atl

I guess these two? Game projects to be a shooutout between two broken offenses and you probably could get them for free after waivers.

Jay Ajayi, FA RB

Philadelphia D/ST, vs NYJ

I would think Ajayi would get a workout real soon, watch his market. Also Eagles aren't that good on D, but they get Luke Falk and the Jets in Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you drop Barber if you had him and RoJo on your roster? I'd like to free up the spot and looks like RoJo is about to take the majority of the touches. Lookin at guys like Pettis.

Would you drop Barber if you had him and RoJo on your roster? I'd like to free up the spot and looks like RoJo is about to take the majority of the touches. Lookin at guys like Pettis.
I dropped Barber to acquire Ronald Jones last week.

i have been hurting at te all year

gonna target jimmy graham and herndon and hope that gives me something ros

I have to add a WR with byes coming up and AB taking up space on the bench.  Choices are Sanu, Beasley and AJ Brown.  I think Beasley's week 7 Dolphins matchup makes him the choice.  

Golden tate still on my WW so I'm going to put in a claim for him
Been contemplating dropping Robby Anderson for him since last week...haven't pulled the trigger yet though and not sure I'm going to this week yet either. 

I like the potential of Tate, but I honestly have no insight into how he'll look in that offense...however what is going on with Darnold?!??

Nobody is jumping to mind for an obvious waiver pickup this week. I'm thinking the best bet is to look for players that people panicked on and dropped. I snagged Corey Davis last week. Then didn't start him. Most of the names I'm reading in this thread are already rostered. Good call on the Jets D, though.

Dionte Johnson is available in my league so he will be a target along with Allison, and Deebo Samuel.  Not much else out there it seems.  Corey Davis is available but I think he's fools gold.

Robby Anderson also available might target him as well.

Buffalo D was dropped in my deep bench 12 teamer. They have been a better real life D than fantasy D but in the next 7 weeks they have two games against Miami, and home games against Washington and Denver. This week they are at Tennessee which isn't bad. Would you throw in some decent FAAB for them?

Because my other options are Sanu, Beasley and AJ Brown.   :cry:
In PPR, Beasley has been very consistent and is getting regular targets (9, 4, 10 and 13 targets).  And I don't see that changing. He is the second receiving focus in that offense.  He also gets the Dolphins twice, and the Eagles between weeks 7-11.

Since jaylen Samuels is available in my ppr league would he be worth the number 1 waiver claim? That is what I am currently deciding.

Jacoby Brissett facing KC this week, worthy of a number 1 WW claim?  I know it would depend on other options and unfortunately, in my case, my options are Goff vs SEA or Murray vs CIN.    Stafford on bye.

Jacoby Brissett facing KC this week, worthy of a number 1 WW claim?  I know it would depend on other options and unfortunately, in my case, my options are Goff vs SEA or Murray vs CIN.    Stafford on bye.
Brissett is looking like a low end QB1 this season. If you're hurting at QB I think he's a good scoop. 

Murray vs CIN is a nice matchup, and he still has nice upside as the season progresses.

I don't know. I'd be surprised if he mirrors this kind of usage going forward. This may have worked for the bengals, but I don't think it's a consistently reliable game plan for legitimate NFL teams.
Yeah that's true, only reason was because of connor possible injury, hope something is released later today on him.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Wilkins and Hines seemed to be used for both running and passing down plays, IIRC, in the game this weekend against OAK when Mack was down.

Not sure how you valuate one versus the other if Mack is out for an extended time.
can't see hines getting the bulk of the work.  i would expect wilkins to slot in more in the running role and Hines more in the passing role.

Ricky Seals Jones seems to already have some connection with Mayfield after just recently joining the team.  

Mayfield seemed to throw to Njoku quite a bit, not sure if that was the offense or just the QB liking him.

Kitchens seems familiar with Seals Jones, and is calling plays for him.  

I don't know. I'd be surprised if he mirrors this kind of usage going forward. This may have worked for the bengals, but I don't think it's a consistently reliable game plan for legitimate NFL teams.
I disagree with this take.

They made the point to use him like they did...and they won. Plus with Conner being banged up, he can be a hot pickup.

anyone start looking at Hunter Henry? I know he has been dropped in one of my leagues with short benches. There hasn't been much news on him lately, which could be a good or a bad thing. But he went out in week 2 and had an estimated 4-6 week recovery time. Putting him just a couple weeks out from returning, hypothetically. With as barren as the TE landscape has been, he may be a great guy to stash for a few weeks if someone dropped him after his injury. And, if healthy, would fall back into a very high target role in that Chargers offense. 

Audin Tate in Cincy will be the number two there with Ross out and AJ not coming back for a couple weeks. He has a great match up this week against Arizona. 

anyone start looking at Hunter Henry? I know he has been dropped in one of my leagues with short benches. There hasn't been much news on him lately, which could be a good or a bad thing. But he went out in week 2 and had an estimated 4-6 week recovery time. Putting him just a couple weeks out from returning, hypothetically. With as barren as the TE landscape has been, he may be a great guy to stash for a few weeks if someone dropped him after his injury. And, if healthy, would fall back into a very high target role in that Chargers offense. 
I think that he is definitely worth watching, though I don’t know if I trust that 4-6 week timetable

Audin Tate in Cincy will be the number two there with Ross out and AJ not coming back for a couple weeks. He has a great match up this week against Arizona. 
Boyd isn’t doing much as the #1 while Green is out - can’t imagine Tate as the #2 would fare any better.

Isn't Conner hurt?  We don't know how serious but his ankle injury was enough where Rotoworld was questioning if he would practice this week. I would grab Samuels if available. 

Boyd isn’t doing much as the #1 while Green is out - can’t imagine Tate as the #2 would fare any better.
I would think so too, but the guy has put up 6/88 off of 10 targets against Buffalo and 4/50 off of 6 targets on a night where PIT D could do no wrong, and the CIN offense could do no right.

Not a guy (or an offensive situation) I'd say you can trust, but in a very thin waiver week, going up against a susceptible secondary this coming week, he's in the proverbial "what the heck" zone if you are scrambling to cover byes or injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread