What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Walk us thru your Redrafts from this past weekend (1 Viewer)

It's not as insane as I expected, but Lamb usually goes near the turn, once Diggs is off the board. 2.12 is crazy. I'm a little surprised you didn't grab him there, but as we now know that worked out ok for you.
I have Lamb in my dynasty league and have had him since he was a rookie. He has disappointed me for fantasy purposes. Too many drops and the Dallas offense just forgets about him for long stretches. The hype hasn't matched his output. I am a little down on him. I also think there are some later guys (like A-Rob, G. Davis in particular) that I think have a legit chance of finishing as WR1's so I don't mind waiting and getting them a bit later. The WR band is quite large IMO.

I was surprised I went Javonte at 3.02 because I am not as high as consensus on him but I figured that was too good of value to pass up and with CMC/Barkley there are injury concerns so getting a 3rd top quality RB was the right move. I also lucked out getting Dillon later as well so I feel the injury risk of CMC/Barkley is mitigated quite well.

Yes, but I know you're a very ADP-oriented person. As such, I'm a little shocked you didn't take Cooks, knowing ARob would likely make it back. Godwin was a nice bonus as well.

Jokes aside, you crushed that draft. Your WRs look like you started RB-RB. That you were able to do that with 3 straight RBs (boomer style) is amazing.
As you can tell this home draft (my buddy got me in the league last year so I don't know many of the guys as they are all his friends from other areas) goes off script at times. I also knew my buddy (Bears fan that loves A-Rob) was picking twice in between so I didn't think A-Rob would make it back (calculated "reach" for being on an end). I really think he will have a top 12-15 WR season so I wanted to make sure to get him (especially going RB-RB-RB)

@Gally - would you be so kind as to share team Mahomes roster with us?

Dying to know.
I hadn't looked at the overall team yet so this was interesting. It's actually not as bad as I expected although taking two QB's in the first seven rounds leaves a lot to be desired in a 1QB league. Also going Defense in round 9 and kicker in 11 didn't do them any favors.

This is the epitome of a home league roster/draft here:

NO.PLAYERROUND
8Patrick Mahomes KC, QB1
17Stefon Diggs Buf, WR2
32David Montgomery Chi, RB3
41Tyler Lockett Sea, WR4
56Josh Jacobs LV, RB5
65Dalton Schultz Dal, TE6
80Tom Brady TB, QB7
89DeVonta Smith Phi, WR8
104Bills D/ST Buf, D/ST9
113Garrett Wilson NYJ, WR10
128Matt Gay LAR, K11
137Hunter Henry NE, TE12
152Nyheim Hines Ind, RB13
161Jalen Tolbert Dal, WR14
176Rams D/ST LAR, D/ST15
185Rondale Moore Ari, WR16
200Tyler Higbee LAR, TE17

Ah - that context definitely matters. I can't believe Cooks made it back though. What luck.
He isn't a flashy guy. He is the guy you almost don't want to take because he is so boring. The guys that went the round or two before (I posted up thread) aren't really total reaches and most have some volatile evaluations where if someone is high on them I can see them going that route over the boring Cooks.

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson
I realize this is a 10-team league, but 4.04 should never have happened. It makes no sense that a guy with an ADP 11 on draftsharks made it to you at 44. That's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Then the Robinson pick saved you from taking Mitchell in the 5th. As a Niner fan, I believe he's the epitome of a dead zone back this year. He could work out, but you got ARob at 64, his ADP is 55. Not as crazy as Adams, but still a great value.

Congrats on winning this league this year. Any idea why Adams fell 33 picks past his ADP? I've never seen him make it out of the 2nd.
It's a 2QB league. Adams still fell too far though

Just had my 12 team 0.5ppr superflex league draft yesterday. Was only the second time that I have ever done auction style—and boy did I play my cards wrong. I was not at all prepared. The only thing that I wanted to do going in was to be aggressive early and towards the end. In my first experience doing auctions—I was patient early—but then ended up spending most of my auction dollars towards the middle. Looking back at that draft—it looked to me that the best values were early or late—so I wanted to adapt. My biggest problem with this draft is that I was too aggressive early—spent a little too much—and couldn’t take as much advantage of the later draft steals that were going on as I didn’t leave myself with enough money.
Starting lineups are QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR/TE-TE- WR/RB-Superflex (qb/WR/RB/TE)-Def-Kicker

Here is my squad

Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Davis Mills
Najee Harris, Chase Edmunds, Tony Pollard, Alexander Mattison, Mostert, Jaylen Warren
Ja’Marr Chase, A. St. Brown, Allen Lazard, Chase claypool, Jarvis landry
Kyle Pitts
Denver Def (will stream)
Jason Sanders

Immediately after the draft—it’s become custom for us to discuss our draft board and the strength of the teams. I immediately thought my team was either the worst—or bottom 2–3. The other owners in my league agreed—as did ESPN’s projections. Regardless—I still had a fun time drafting—but I think it’ll be a long season for me.

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson
I realize this is a 10-team league, but 4.04 should never have happened. It makes no sense that a guy with an ADP 11 on draftsharks made it to you at 44. That's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Then the Robinson pick saved you from taking Mitchell in the 5th. As a Niner fan, I believe he's the epitome of a dead zone back this year. He could work out, but you got ARob at 64, his ADP is 55. Not as crazy as Adams, but still a great value.

Congrats on winning this league this year. Any idea why Adams fell 33 picks past his ADP? I've never seen him make it out of the 2nd.
Yep. Even for 10 teams, even for 2 QB, he should have gone 3rd round at latest IMO.

@Gally - would you be so kind as to share team Mahomes roster with us?

Dying to know.
I hadn't looked at the overall team yet so this was interesting. It's actually not as bad as I expected although taking two QB's in the first seven rounds leaves a lot to be desired in a 1QB league. Also going Defense in round 9 and kicker in 11 didn't do them any favors.

This is the epitome of a home league roster/draft here:

NO.PLAYERROUND
8Patrick Mahomes KC, QB1
17Stefon Diggs Buf, WR2
32David Montgomery Chi, RB3
41Tyler Lockett Sea, WR4
56Josh Jacobs LV, RB5
65Dalton Schultz Dal, TE6
80Tom Brady TB, QB7
89DeVonta Smith Phi, WR8
104Bills D/ST Buf, D/ST9
113Garrett Wilson NYJ, WR10
128Matt Gay LAR, K11
137Hunter Henry NE, TE12
152Nyheim Hines Ind, RB13
161Jalen Tolbert Dal, WR14
176Rams D/ST LAR, D/ST15
185Rondale Moore Ari, WR16
200Tyler Higbee LAR, TE17
Yeah not as horrible overall as the first round choice. Going down the list, other than Diggs and the QBs every single one seems like "he cooould be very good" type of guys.

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, didn't read every post, but one reason it seems so shocking is that the numbers are off. Pick 4.4 in a 10-team league is #34, 6.4 is #54.

Still, very surprising, but less extreme, especially in the case of Adams.

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson

Raider-hater league. Ees normal.

4.4 Davante Adams
5.7 Eli Mitchell
6.4 Allen Robinson

Yep. Even for 10 teams, even for 2 QB, he should have gone 3rd round at latest IMO.
This discussion peaked my interest.

2.5 J Chase
3.1 Kupp
3.2 Jefferson
3.3 Diggs
3.10 Lamb
4.4 Adams
4.5 Deebo
4.6 Evans
4.8 Reek
4.9 AJ Brown
5.1 Higgins
5.4 Sutton
5.5Pittman

I noticed something live, which caused me to pass on Adams (and Lamb) at 3.7. Since the elbow behind me all picked QB round 1 (one team picked 2) I thought there was a decent chance they loaded up on RB this time around and one of them may make it back. And I did not want to end up on the wrong side of this RB tier. That's why I picked Chubb. If I missed the end of tier 1 WR then I was more comfortable with a Chubb-Deebo or Reek pairing than picking Lamb or Adams then risk BPA RB on the way back being Zeke - and that's exactly how it played out. The 6 picks behind me went Swift, Jav Williams, Lamb, A Jones, Lenny, Lance then my Adams pick kick started the WR run.

Raider-hater league. Ees normal.
I almost made a joke about that. :lol:
Derek Carr went round 3.
Yeah - for SF that sounds about right. A little early. But even with that - I would think as soon as he went off the board people would be like, "wait, Adams is on the board!"

Amazing he continued to fall.
I'm in a 12 team SF and have 3rd pick. In almost every single mock I've done (via DD or Yahoo), Adams goes 2.08 or 2.09, juuuust before me in the second. Me noticing that trend plus this discussion now, if he's there at 2.10 I'm gonna stand up and do a little dance (y) Kudos @MAC_32 for a calculated risk and getting him where you did

With all the chatter about Adams being available in the end of round 2 through round 4... I am a little bummed I had to take him at 2.1 (11th pick).

Overall, my valuation was - the trade to the Raiders really tanked his value. For a guy coming off a 350 point season to be projected almost 100 points below that, seems crazy. I love him in this offense and in this division - and there are other knocks on the WR's in the 2nd round (Deebo has a new QB, Diggs has competition, Tyreek doesn't have Mahomes). Of all the situations someone ended up in, Vegas seems the most favorable and it is a negative for Adams. It's weird.

16 team league that I just joined. I knew 1 other owner (he the fiancé of a friend). Had the 9th pick. I used the DD so it reflected the league scoring. I like my team but we shall see how I do. There was a mix of guys that seem to have no clue and were totally unprepared to a few that seemed to have a clue (I think I was one of the later).

My Team:
pickoverallfranchiseplayerpositionNFL team
1.099Roebling RenegadesAustin EkelerRBLAC
2.0824Roebling RenegadesNick ChubbRBCLE
3.0941Roebling RenegadesMichael PittmanWRIND
4.0856Roebling RenegadesD.J. MooreWRCAR
5.0973Roebling RenegadesBrandin CooksWRHOU
6.0888Roebling RenegadesTravis EtienneRBJAX
7.09105Roebling RenegadesKirk CousinsQBMIN
8.08120Roebling RenegadesDameon PierceRBHOU
9.09137Roebling RenegadesHunter HenryTENE
10.08152Roebling RenegadesChris OlaveWRNO
11.09169Roebling RenegadesTrevor LawrenceQBJAX
12.08184Roebling RenegadesKhalil HerbertRBCHI
13.09201Roebling RenegadesJameson WilliamsWRDET
14.08216Roebling RenegadesTaysom HillTENO
15.09233Roebling RenegadesDenver BroncosTDDEN
16.08248Roebling RenegadesJason SandersPKMIA

12-team. 3rd rd reversal.
RB - 0.85 PPR
WR - 1 PPR
TE - 1.4 PPR
1 QB/1 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 (RB/WR), 1 (RB/WR/TE)/1 K/1 D
1.011Taylor, Jonathan IND RB
2.1224Evans, Mike TBB WR
3.1236Higgins, Tee CIN WR (Q)
4.0137Moore, D.J. CAR WR
5.1260Schultz, Dalton DAL TE
6.0161Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB
7.1284Wilson, Russell DEN QB
8.0185Stevenson, Rhamondre NEP RB
9.12108Olave, Chris NOS WR
10.01109Smith Jr., Irv MIN TE (Q)
11.12132Allgeier, Tyler ATL RB
12.01133Collins, Nico HOU WR
13.12156Goff, Jared DET QB
14.01157Jones, Marvin JAC WR
15.12180Watson, Deshaun CLE QB (S)
16.01181Williams, Jameson DET WR (I)
17.12204Benjamin, Eno ARI RB
18.01205Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def
19.12228Hopkins, Dustin LAC PK

Last edited:
16 team league that I just joined. I knew 1 other owner (he the fiancé of a friend). Had the 9th pick. I used the DD so it reflected the league scoring. I like my team but we shall see how I do. There was a mix of guys that seem to have no clue and were totally unprepared to a few that seemed to have a clue (I think I was one of the later).

My Team:
No "established stud" WR's but a good group of potentially elite ones. Superb RB's obviously, and serviceable at worst QB's. Not bad at all.

My Team:
No "established stud" WR's but a good group of potentially elite ones. Superb RB's obviously, and serviceable at worst QB's. Not bad at all.
QB's were flying off the board faster than I thought. Cousins we the 16th QB taken. I was the last person to draft a QB.

Hold on.....Lamb lasted to the end of round 2? Wow.
latest I've ever seen. Interesting.

ETA: Also Cooks in the 5th? Godwin in the 6th?

What's going on in your league @Deamon? Was there free meth as part of the buffet or something? :lol:
He lasted to pick 19 in my 12 team .5 PPR draft last night. I was picking at 20 and after taking JJ at 1.05 I think if he lasted to my pick would have had to take him I’m thinking but as he dropped it became a real thinking point for me

I've gotta say I was definitely shocked at his fall, especially with a couple cowboy fans in the league

Just finished my competitive 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE) draft.

1.6 - Cook (Debated Chase, but I did not care for every mock I did going WR in round 1)
2.7 - Saquon
3.6 - Pittman
4.7 - Pitts
5.6 - Dionte J
6.7 - Pierce
7.6 - Hopkins
8.7 - Woods
9.6 - Lance
10.7 - Carr
11.6 - Mattison
12.7 - Gallup
13.6 - Pickens

12-team auction in a WR premium league (full PPR, and can start up to 4 of them)...

Most notable moments were that several owners saved money for Sutton and Gabe Davis. Late stage bidding wars ensued for both, pushing their prices well ahead of other higher ADP WRs that came out much earlier. In each case, there were at least 2-3 losing owners left grumbling holding money bags but without their target. These two were by far the highest-priced players of the middle portion of the auction.
I actually like to spend money kind of early so that I don't get sucked into situations like this.

12-team auction in a WR premium league (full PPR, and can start up to 4 of them)...

Most notable moments were that several owners saved money for Sutton and Gabe Davis. Late stage bidding wars ensued for both, pushing their prices well ahead of other higher ADP WRs that came out much earlier. In each case, there were at least 2-3 losing owners left grumbling holding money bags but without their target. These two were by far the highest-priced players of the middle portion of the auction.
I actually like to spend money kind of early so that I don't get sucked into situations like this.
I never want to be the one with the most or least money spent. Whether the sweet spot is at the outset or about 20 or so players in seems to vary though.

12 team NFFC online championship. 3RR. PPR. 1 Qb 2 RB 3WR 1 TE 1 flex Def and kicker. 20 rounds. I drafted from the 9 spot.

1.09…..Diggs….I was hoping for Cook but I don’t mind starting stud WR in a 3 WR league.

2.04…..Kamara…I’m a bit uneasy about this with the legal issues. I saw this as a way to get leverage in a big contest league. Kamara is a first round talent. Upon further review I regret not taking Aaron Jones. That being said this could be a league winning decision.

3.04 (3RR)….Andrews….I got a stud and I don’t have to worry the rest of the draft.

4.09…..Sutton….I love him as my number two and surprised he fell.

5.04…..ARSB…Rookies who dominate when given the chance tend to be legit. i know the Lions love him. I know Goff loves him. I’m

6.09…..Renfro….I think he gets peppered with targets playing the Wes Welker role in Josh Mcdaniels offense. His TD’s will come down. I think he’s a special player and love him for WR depth and is a nice flex.

7.04….Tony Pollard…..I knew my number two RB would be weak but I love throwing an upside guy in there. If the rumors of him playing the slot are true this could be a great pick.

8.09….Russel Wilson….I had to do the Wilson/Sutton stack and Russ is good.

9.04…K Toney….I already have 4 good WR’s so what the heck. If he plays he’s awsome.

10.09….Darrel Henderson….A blah pick but the RBs were starting dry up.

11.04….I Mckenzie…..He’s my guy this year. I loved his talent. He’s shown what he can do when given the chance. He’s a more explosive Cole Beasley. He has Josh Allen throwing too him. This may have been a slight reach but…CARE!

12.09….Zamire White….I needed some upside RB talent. He’s the back up to Jacobs who gets injured often.

13.04….Justin Fields….I was sad the Broncos didn’t take him. Now I have him. I love pairing an upside guy with Russ

14.09…KJ Osborn….Nice WR depth. Good player. It sounds like the will be playing 3 WR’s often.

15.04…Niners D….At this point of the draft it’s mostly dart throws. The Defense run has begun and I didn’t want to be at the end. Also, I had a method to my madness which will be revealed in a couple picks.

16.09….Bengals K…..The next big star on a team thats gonna score a ton…..Even though there are a lot of good kickers I like to gain advantages anywhere I can.

17.04…..Gus Edward….I’ll see how this plays out. If it sounds like he’ll be back early ish then I got a solid back up. If not then he’s an easy cut

18.09…..Chargers D….The plan is complete…..Between my two Defenses the first 8 weeks of opponents are…Bears,Seahawks, Texans,Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks,Texans, Browns……I don’t have to spend money early on FAAB and I can momitor who I want to pick up for the rest of the year. I have defenses with great pass rushers against bad offensive lines.

19.04….Logan Thomas….It looks like he’ll be ready for game one. i think he’s a bargain here

20.09….S Perine…I thinks he’s the back up.

Last edited:
15.04…Niners D….At this point of the draft it’s mostly dart throws. The Defense run has begun and I didn’t want to be at the end. Also, I had a method to my madness which will be revealed in a couple picks.

18.09…..Chargers D….The plan is complete…..Between my two Defenses the first 8 weeks of opponents are…Bears,Seahawks, Texans,Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks,Texans, Browns……I don’t have to spend money early on FAAB and I can momitor who I want to pick up for the rest of the year. I have defenses with great pass rushers against bad offensive lines.
In my long standing league we have what is essentially an extra bench spot, and I've started using that spot to rotate two DSTs, and make pre-emptive pickups for streaming matchups 1-2 weeks early. Hadn't looked at this combination yet, thanks for the tip.

Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Davis Mills
Najee Harris, Chase Edmunds, Tony Pollard, Alexander Mattison, Mostert, Jaylen Warren
Ja’Marr Chase, A. St. Brown, Allen Lazard, Chase claypool, Jarvis landry
Kyle Pitts
Denver Def (will stream)
Jason Sanders

Immediately after the draft—it’s become custom for us to discuss our draft board and the strength of the teams. I immediately thought my team was either the worst—or bottom 2–3. The other owners in my league agreed—as did ESPN’s projections. Regardless—I still had a fun time drafting—but I think it’ll be a long season for me.
I don't hate your team. Burrow-to-Chase is a fun stack, and while your RBs aren't great, you do have 3 solid RBs with Harris, Edmonds, & Pollard (who's going to be more valuable than people think)

Having PItts had to cost you somewhere, and it looks like it was at RB & WR depth. Which is survivable. Pay close attention to the WW for emerging WRs, and RBs. I think you'll be better than your league-mates think.

Any team with Burrow, Chase, Harris, and Pitts should compete.

Nice thread ! While seeing how drafts unfold is useful, hearing it with more of a narrative is even more helpful. And I like doing a post-draft analysis (or postmortem, as the case may be) even if just for myself.

I'll confess I didn't do much prep this season. I only found out a few days ago a long-running "friends and family" league was having their draft last night. I co-manage with a friend who's now on the other side of the country, and the draft is a nice time for us to get on the phone with each other for a couple of hours, catch up, and talk football.

12-team half PPR ESPN redraft. We had #3 pick. Traditionally we go RB heavy early in drafts, and wait on TEs and QBs. The last few seasons our drafts looked good on paper, got high scores ... and then sucked once the games started being played. So we tried doing things a little differently this year. It is a somewhat casual league, and we've had success getting at least one waiver wire breakout RB each season (while most teams draft backup TEs and QBs, and there's rarely waiver wire help at those positions).

1. (3) Justin Jefferson Min, WR. Taylor and CMC went 1 and 2. I was hoping CMC would drop, but it wasn't to be. I thought that I would take Ekeler if that happened. But we went a little "George Costanza opposite strategy" instead. I never went WR in round 1 before, so we'll see. I was on fence between JJ and Kupp, but either way it should be an absolute elite WR to anchor team (unlike last season where our WR1 was Calvin Ridley).

2. (22) Saquon Barkley NYG, RB. Going WR round 1 I felt I needed a RB. Saquon and Jav Williams were both on the board (best WRs at that point were Tyreek and AJ Brown). Went with Saquon. He burned me bad as my RB1 in a league last year, but I'm buying into hype that he looks good, is fully recovered, is a true workhorse back, and could finish top 3.

3. (27) A.J. Brown Phi, WR. I really felt with 18 picks to wait after this turn position that I really had to "go for my guy" (since anyone I was remotely interested in wouldn't make it back to me). Jav Williams got taken right before it got back to me, making me curse. RBs on the board were Akers, Montgomery, Zeke, Breece, Etiene. Josh Allen was there at QB. But some really good potentially WR1s were there, like Brown, Pittman, Moore, Mike Williams. I was between Brown and Pittman, and ultimately went homer (as an Eagles fan).

4. (46) Kyle Pitts Atl, TE. Pittman was still there. RBs were down to the level of Gibson, CEH, Mitchell. 5 QBs were taken by this point (Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Lamar, Kyler). But remembering the TE carousel of crap our teams always seem to go through, we pulled the trigger on Pitts. Plus I live in the Atlanta area, so having a reason to watch Falcons games is a plus.

5. (51) Mike Williams LAC, WR. Pittman, McLaurin, and Jeudy all got taken in the little turn. The RBs I mentioned before were still there and thought about Gibson or Mitchell. This may be a mistake point in the draft, but I just like Mike Williams more (even though we're at 3 WRs and only 1 RB at this point).

6. (70) Jalen Hurts Phi, QB. All those RBs mentioned are gone. AJ Dillon and Penny are the top RBs on my board left. There was a run on WRs in the 18 pick gap. 2 more QBs were taken (Burrow and Rodgers). Neither of the teams picking 1 and 2 had a QB, and I couldn't resist taking Hurts (strongly suspected one of those teams would take him, and I had him a tier above the remaining guys).

7. (75) AJ Dillon GB, RB. Yep, a couple of QBs were taken in the gap and both RBs I had my eye on were still there. I'm leery of having my RB2 be a guy who's not even the top RB on his own team. But it really seemed the dynamics are changing in Green Bay, and Dillon's numbers last year were RB2 worthy.

8 (94) Dameon Pierce Hou, RB. Guys I had my eye on ... Pierce, Pollard, and Bateman. Buying into the hype for Pierce (at least as a flex/bye-week fill in/injury replacement). It's hard to get a team's #1 RB this late in the draft, even for a crappy team like Texans.

9. (99) Drake London Atl, WR. Bateman and Pollard both got sniped right before the draft got back. RBs available were all handcuffs (best one probably Mattison). I liked some of the WRs, and debated between Aiyuk and London. My friend hates taking Shanahan players (and I can't blame him).

10. (118) Alexander Mattison Min, RB. I never seem to do well drafting handcuffs of players I don't have (and I typically get frustrated with them not doing anything, dropping them for a hot waiver wire guy, and then the starter gets hurt). But this seemed to be the spot for him, and I didn't think the other guys I had my eye on for the next pick would be gone by my 11th round selection.

11. (123) Marquez Valdes-Scantling KC, WR. This was a flat-out mistake. I wanted Skyy Moore, told my friend to pick him, and he selected the wrong KC WR!

12. (142) Skyy Moore KC, WR. And he made it back to us! Missed out on other sleepers I had my eye on like Treylon, Olave, and Walker III. I doubt I'll hold on to both KC WRs very long, but if one of them emerges in the absence of Tyreek I'll be happy.

13. (147) Darrell Henderson Jr. LAR, RB. Maybe it's just memories of how Hendo outperformed his draft position last season, but I couldn't help picking him even though a few other late-round RB sleepers were still on the board.

14. (166) Tyler Bass Buf, K. Good kicker on a high scoring team ... I don't like to overthink the position. He was K2 on my list.

15. (171) Commanders D/ST Wsh, D/ST. Not many teams (besides me) play the DST streaming game, so I'll go with the week 1 Jags matchup.

So there we have it. In retrospect, if I knew Mike Williams would drop to round 5 maybe I'd be more likely to pick Ekeler in round 1. Or I could've taken Jav Williams in the 2nd and Saquon could've fallen to me in the 3rd (ESPN's default rankings have him in the late 20's). But I tried some different things and have what I hope will be fun players to watch. And I usually do well with waiver wire RBs in this league. Put together, team depth chart looks like this (projected starters in bold) ...

QB: Hurts
RB: Saquon, Dillon, Pierce, Mattison, Henderson
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, M Williams, London, MVS, Skyy
TE: Pitts
K: Bass
DST: Commanders (planning on matchup streaming)

Last edited:
12 team PPR, we start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 2 reg flex

1.5 Ekeler
2.8 Kelce
3.5 Pittman
4.8 McLaurin
5.5 Gabe Davis
6.8 Kyler Murray
7.5 Gibson
8.8 Pollard
9.5 Aiyuk
10.8 Olave
11.5 Gainwell
12.8 Rondale Moore
13.5 New Orleans
14.8 Butker
15.5 Brian Robinson

27 round IDP - Not sure how interesting this will be, but I'll give it a shot.

KDS, pick 1 took 1, pick 2 took 2, pick 3 took 12, pick 4 took 4, pick 5 took 11, leaving me with 1.05 or 1.10. I decided that I wanted one of the top 5 consensus picks (preferable one of the WRs) and would have been happier with Chase than I would with 1.10 (who turned out to be....Chase, shockingly).

While not a fan of 1.05, it made me hyper-focused. Went BPA.

12 teams, full IDP, PPR, .2 PPC, 6 points all TDs, -2 FL, -3 Int, 50+ TD = +1, 3 sacks = +3, 10 TKL = +2, 100+ Ru/Re = +2, 300+ PaYd = +2
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O-FLX, 1 K, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB, 1 D-FLX, KR/PR = .3 per 1 yard

Round 1 went differently then it has in over a decade, with 4 new drafters in the 1-4 slots. 4 straight RBs. I landed Jefferson at 1.05.

2.08 - I waited for BPA, & that was Saquan Barkley. Missed Kamara by 2 picks and Javonte by 1 pick.

3.05 - Tee Higgins made it to me in the 3rd, which I'd not seen very often. I have him in both dynasty leagues, and I had him last year - I'm a huge fan.

4.08 - Courtland Sutton fell to me in the 4th, and it was a mental coin flip between Sutton's ceiling, and Cooks floor. I love Cooks, planned on targeting him in the 4th, but I think that Denver offense could be special with Russ there

5.05 - AJ Dillon fell to me in the 5th. Yay!

6.08 - Gabriel Davis. Love the upside, and the virtually zero risk since he's my WR4/Flex player. It is well documented here how I feel about this player and his upside. No need to write a book on it. ;)

7.05 - With the run on IDP-ers predictably going steady, Rhamondre Stevenson made it to me, and though I wasn't planning on RB there, I felt he was the last of a tier of RBs I really liked.

8.08 - I was going to wait one more round for a QB, but team 7 inexplicably grabbed a 2nd QB (Burrow) 3 picks before me. 3 of the 4 teams at the 8-9 turn needed QBs, and now there were only 3 I liked with 3 in need. Made the decision to take Russell Wilson, my favorite of the 3 (Wilson, Dak, Stafford) much easier.

9.05 - I usually wait until the 10th to grab my 1st defensive player. While they are as valuable as offensive players, the injury rate is much higher, and there are a lot more of them. Except for DL. I looked back at prior years, and every year I did well in this format I had a quality pair of bookends, and every year I didn't, I tried to get by with bargain DLs. So I took Myles Garrett, my #1 ranked DL this year. Safe floor, 20 sack ceiling, lots of tackles. And DL is thinner than most IDP positions.

10.08 - To my delight, Hockenson made it back to me. I was sure I was gonna be taking Goedart or Kmet, but Hock made it to the 10th.

11.05 - Okereke was my highest ranked LB, even over many of the LB taken before him. He's another player I really like and wanted to have, so I'm super happy with this selection.

12.08 - While I'd planned on settling into defense for the next several picks, Pollard fell to me here, and I couldn't pass it up. Especially since team #3 is a Cowboys fan, and only had 2 RB to that point. Teams 1-2 also only had 3 each, so I knew he wouldn't make it back. And I'd just read they might be using him in the slot. Even better. Easiest decision of the draft as my RB4/trade bait.

13.05 - Now I get my bookend in Deforest Buckner. I've loved this dude since he was a Niner, he's in a great defense, and now I have 2 potential top 10 DL in this format.

14.08 - Harrison Smith was there for the taking, and while I ordinarily wait on DBs until late, I have him as a floor of "top 10 safety" - in a tackle-heavy league, I love this dude I've wanted him every year, but he never fell to me at the right time.

15.05 - David Long Jr. - ok, so at this point I'd eaten too much, drank a little too much and well, Long was supposed to be a later round sleeper. But I kinda misread my notes, and went up and grabbed him. I do believe he'll justify this pick, and be an every down LB, but this pick cost me Antoine Winfield Jr, who went 1 pick before me in the 16th. But that also worked out, because....

16.08 - Josh Palmer fell to me in the 16th, which I didn't think would happen. Love the kid's upside, and especially if Allen or Williams misses time. He seems talented enough to carve out a role regardless, so...

17.05 - Jamaal Williams - now I'm in value-shopping mode. I was pleased to add a 5th RB in Williams, especially one who I could deal to the Swift owner if I am feeling deficient somewhere after a week or two, or hold as a lottery ticket if/when Swift takes his annual vacation.

18.08 - Jerome Baker - As a D-Flex/LB3, I felt like it was time, and I think Baker/MIA D is better than people realize. One of the last not taken on my list of every down linebackers.

19.05 - Irv Smith Jr - the BYE worked, and I'm hopeful he finally lives up to what we expected of him in 2021.

20.08 - Greggory Rousseau - a DL who never should have fallen this far. Several league-mates were ticked, as they thought he'd been taken already I wasn't planning on a 3rd DL, but couldn't pass on this value.

21.05 - T.J. Edwards - depth pick. I try not to go overboard backing up IDP positions, but here's another every down LB in a pretty good defense.

22.08 - Carson Wentz - ugh. Got stuck picking after a nasty run on QB2s. Missed Fields by 3 picks. That hurt. Ah well - this late, he's an easy drop if he gets off to a crap start, he has a nice start against MIN during Wilson's BYE. And fortunately I have plenty of trade bait if something happens to Wilson.

23.05 - Skyy Moore - another lottery ticket. He doesn't have much of a role now, but IMO he's one of the top talents at the position on that roster. At some point he's going to develop into a weapon, & if/when it happens, I want to be rostering him.

24.08 - Jayron Kearse fell to me here, and he really shouldn't have. Top tackling safeties are extremely valuable, and I expect Kearse to have an even better season. 100+ tackles, a few Ints, and a few sacks. He's a high IQ player that the Cowboys have helped turn into a premier Safety, and I'm here for it. I believe he's wearing the green dot this year, too. This pick helped take some of the sting off of foolishly missing Winfield.

25.05 - D'Onta Foreman - I am not a Chubba believer at all based on watching him / rostering him last year, and seeing Foreman at the stripe 3x (and catching that nifty RZ TD) told me he's the backup to own in CAR. Another nice lotto ticket if CMC takes another vacation.

26.08 - Jordan Whitehead - my favorite sleeper at DB, and one of my favorite IDP sleepers. Saleh gets the most out of his safeties, and should be dropping Whitehead into the box more than he's been used in the past. And he's historically been a top 15 Safety. In a tackle-heavy league, this is a bargain.

27.05 - Matt Prater - he has a foot on the end of his leg, kicks in a dome, and has a late BYE. Everything a boy could want in a K. :whistle:

And there it is - my Sat, Aug 27th draft walk-through in my longest running, most bragging rights league.

Starting lineup:
QB:Russell Wilson
RB:Barkley, AJDillon
WR,JJ, Higgins, Sutton
TE:Hockenson
O-FLXGabriel Davis
DL:Garrett, Buckner
LB:Okereke, David Long Jr
DB:Harrison Smith, Jayron Kearse
D-FLXJerome Baker
K:Matt Prater
BN:Stevenson, Pollard, Jamaal Williams, Greg Rousseau, TJ Edwards, Josh Palmer, Irv smith, Carson Wentz, Skyy Moore, Jatron Kearse, D’Onta Forenan, Jordan Whitehead,

10-teamer on ESPN with what I think are factory defaults (PPR, Passing TDs = 4, INTs = -2). No stinky drafters. The league skews a little towards SEC and Ole Miss (Derrick Henry went 1.01, and Elijah Moore went right before I was ready do draft him a round early). My RBs are a little thin, and WR is stacked to the roof. It's a $25 league, so it was less about serious business for me and more about grabbing players I like (and I like players with high ceilings).

1.08: Justin Jefferson. I had a choice of Jefferson and Chase. Went Jefferson because why not.

2.03: D'Andre Swift. I'm a believer and selected him ahead of Aaron Jones and Javonte Williams.

3.08: Kyle Pitts. Kelce went at 3.04, so Pitts it is.

4.03: Josh Allen. Was totally prepared to be the last team to draft a QB, but gave into weakness (and FUN!). Could have drafted Chubb or Zeke here.

5.08: Tee Higgins. I'll take him if no one else wants him.

6.03: Diontae Johnson. Got knocked off balance when Michael Thomas went at 6.01 and I kind of regret this pick. QB run followed Murray/Herbert/Lamar/Mahomes at 6.05/6.06/6.08/6.10, respectively). Loved the Lamar Jackson pick here especially with the scoring rules.

7.08: Dameon Pierce. Choo-Choo #############

8.03: Rhamondre Stevenson. Liked him a lot more that Chase Edmonds and CEH who were the next two selections. Pollard went at 8.09. Bateman and DeVonta Smith also went in the 8th, and both were on my short list for round 9.

9.08: Amon-Ra St. Brown. AJ Dillon went one pick before. Grrrr.

10.03: Gabe Davis. Between St. Brown and Davis, I felt like I was hoovering up fantasy points.

11.08: Nico Collins. If I had mocked draft a little more and realized that there was a lot of WR talent like this in the mid-late rounds, I would have started off RB-RB.

12.03: Kenneth Walker III = Running Back IV. Not too bad.

13.08: Jahan Dotson. I like.

14.03: Trey Lance. Mainly a pre-emptive pick, which might be silly in hindsight. For the two who were waiting to draft QBs, I did not want to allow either to pair Derek Carr or Jameis Winston with the Lance's high ceiling and these QB scoring settings.

15.08: 49ers Defense

16.03: Greg Joseph, K, MIN

Last edited:

My Team:
Dude WTF. You sure went in there as a newbie to the league and kicked some ***. That's a great team in a 12 teamer.... in a 16 teamer that seems like a lock for the title.

Every pick seems absolutely ridiculous.

Ekeler at 9 (ADP 4)
Chubb at 24 (ADP 15)
Pittman at 41 (ADP 32)
Moore at 56 (ADP 42)
Cooks at 73 (ADP 54)!!!
Etienne at 88 (ADP 41)!!!!
Cousins at 105 (ADP 109)
Pierce at 120 (ADP 78)!!!!

How is any of this even possible where a guy like Etienne goes 47 spots after his ADP? Would love to see the rest of this draft.

12 Team PPR - Keep 1 (lose the round he was drafted in) - 4th pick - Cooper Kupp my Keeper for a 3rd

1.4 Derrick Henry - Easy choice but who I got here dictated how my draft would go. I was taking either Jefferson or Henry. Jefferson went 1.3. CMC and Ekeler went 1.1, 1.2 (JT was a keeper).

2.9 Nick Chubb - Was planning on going AJ Brown here but went right before my pick again.

3.4 Cooper Kupp - My Keeper

4.9 Chris Godwin - Again the guy I wanted went right before him (Amon Ra). Settled for Godwin despite the injury because he's been great with Brady when healthy.

5.4 JK Dobbins - Early season will be rough but I think he's itching to have a huge bounce back year to earn a pay day.

6.9 Amari Cooper - WRs start to get dicier in this area but Cooper is still going to get a ton of targets even if it's from Brisette.

7.4 Dameon Pierce - Couldn't wait another round. 2 owners groaned and told me that was their next pick.

8.9 Chris Olave - Banking on him being the break out WR in NO. Hoping he's the #1 by mid season.

9.4 Tom Brady - Been a few years since I've had him on my team and truth is I could have waited a few more rounds even to get him. Rodgers didn't go until the 14th.

10.9 Albert O - BigO was the choice with the most upside at TE left. The other options were mostly journeymen or backups.

11.4 Christian Watson - Lottery ticket WR here. Hoping he develops quickly with Rodgers after the injury.

12.9 AJ Green - Just went with a body here. Wasn't happy with it. Already dropped him for Drake.

13.4 Mecole Hardman - Everything in this range at WR and RB is a dart throw.

14.9 Dontrell Hilliard - Handcuff

15.4 Derek Carr - Has Adams, Waller and Renfroe. Should fall into 4500-30. Good backup to have.

Then just defense and kicker.

$350 FBG draft a few weeks ago. PPR-TE=1.5 PPR-start 10 players. 7th spot. 12 team league.
J. Jefferson(RB run to start the draft)
S. Diggs
Chub(regret this pick)
R. Bateman(I reached but like him)
J. Jacobs(all he does is score TDs & plays well) no one likes him this year.
E. Mitchel
R. Penny
K. Walker
R. Woods
T. Brady
Rondale Moore
R. Doubs
K. Golliday
P. Campbell
R. Tonyan
T. Higbee
etc.

*edit * .5 ppr, 4 point passing td, rest of scoring is standard.
To say my draft went sideways from what I expected is putting it lightly. I had the 8th pick and was expecting a RB, but things went weird:
1. Cooper Kupp
To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Both Jefferson and Chase went before him.
2. Travis Kelce
Wanted a rb but Swift, the last RB in my second tier went right before me.
3. Michael Pittman
Was hoping for Javonte Williams, Zeke, or Chubb. Connor was there, but I had Pittman a tier above him.
4. Travis Etienne
Thankfully he dropped to me. I like his chances this year.
5. AJ Dillon
Two rbs in a row drop that I wanted.
6. David Montgomery
Wow, three rbs in a row I wanted.
6. Amon Ra st Brown
Not too bad for my 3rd wr.
7. JK Dobbins
I wasn't actively looking at rb, I just couldn't pass the value.
8. Chris Godwin
Will hopefully be my starting wr in four weeks.
9. Dak Prescott
Wanted Russ Wilson but just missed out.
10. Chase Claypool
Highest player on my list.
11. Tyler Boyd
Solid, but not spectacular.
12. Brian Robinson
Oops. It was a good idea at the time.
13. Harrison Butker
Well, need a kicker.
14. Traylon Burks
Swing for the fences pick.
15. Denver
Well, looks like I'm streaming defense.

10 team Q-WW-RR-T-F-K-D 6 bench spots, 0.5 PPR 4/passing TD, drafting from 6 spot, following players in brackets:

Kupp (Barkley, Chase, Najee)
Kamara (Swift, Jones, Chubb)
Allen (Conner, Fournette, AJB)
Higgins (DJM, ARob, Waller)
Zeke (Thomas, Dillon, Kittle)
ARSB (Edmonds, Juju, Burrow)
Stevenson (Schultz, Goedert, Lazard)
Hockenson (Hollywood, Godwin, Aiyuk)
Sanders (Tucker autopick, lol yahoo algorithm, Bateman, London)
Hopkins (Cook, Cooper, Devonta)
Ertz (Kirk, Lockett, TLaw)
Rodgers (McPherson, Irv Smith, Fields)
Jameson Williams (Freiermuth, Njoku, Bucs D)
Ravens D (Julio, Steelers D, Everett)
Warren (Packers, kicker, kicker)

Immediately stashed Williams on IR for kicker. Pretty happy with my RB/WR situation but dunno about values at other spots

12 team PPR, new work league, start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, D, and a flex at RB/WR/TE, short bench (only 15 players)

From the 11 hole

Mixon
Diggs
D Moore
Dillon
A Robinson
Patterson
Kirk
Brady
Hines
Kmet
Lance
H Henry
Butker
NE D
N Collins

It was tough drafting from this spot. I think this team is just middle of the pack. Really need Dillon to break out.

My Team:
Dude WTF. You sure went in there as a newbie to the league and kicked some ***. That's a great team in a 12 teamer.... in a 16 teamer that seems like a lock for the title.

Every pick seems absolutely ridiculous.

Ekeler at 9 (ADP 4)
Chubb at 24 (ADP 15)
Pittman at 41 (ADP 32)
Moore at 56 (ADP 42)
Cooks at 73 (ADP 54)!!!
Etienne at 88 (ADP 41)!!!!
Cousins at 105 (ADP 109)
Pierce at 120 (ADP 78)!!!!

How is any of this even possible where a guy like Etienne goes 47 spots after his ADP? Would love to see the rest of this draft.
Homer picks (Philly area) people taking kickers and defenses as early as the 5th round. My thought process the entire time was “am I missing something?” I’ll see if I can post part of the draft. I think posting all 256 picks is a bit much.

From the 6 spot in a 12-team non-ppr that starts 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1TE/1 FLEX/1 PK/1DT. Draft was on Saturday the 27th.

1. Justin Jefferson. Passed on Ekeler and took the first WR off the board.

2. Javonte Williams. Really liked him coming into the draft. Davante Adams went one pick ahead of me. Would have been a tough choice.

3. DJ Moore. Had my eye on Mark Andrews, but he went one spot ahead. Love having Moore as a rock solid WR2.

4. Travis Etienne. Some risk, but big upside at RB2.

5. Stoked to land Elijah Mitchell here and slide him in at flex.

6. Rashod Bateman. Upside play at WR3.

7. Chris Godwin. Was too good to pass up here with his health apparently trending up.

8. Trey Lance. He sure didn't look good in the final preseason game, but I guess I'm in. Hoping the rushing at least keeps the floor high.

9. Kareem Hunt. Best RB remaining and thought there was a chance he got traded. Solid depth either way.

10. TJ Hockenson. Really had no interest in him, but was surprised he was still there with 10 other TEs off the board. Passed on Ertz, which I might regret.

11. Darrell Henderson. Not sold on Akers' health.

12. Kadarius Toney. 2nd year WR thing. He hurt me all year in 2021, why not again?

13. Michael Carter. Seems to still have a role. Seems like a better value than Breece Hall going 3.03 in this draft.

14. Broncos D. This league drafts a lot of defenses and they score a bit more than most leagues. Most owners carry multiple defenses. I like Denver's early schedule and then we will see from there.

15. IsaiahMcKenzie. High upside in this offense and 15th round.

16. Steelers D. Little bit of a homer pick and their schedule meshes well with Denver.

17. Mike Davis. With JK Dobbins gimpy, I could get some at least temporary value here.

18. Harrison Butker. Had my eye on Jakobi Meyers but figured he would make it to the next round, so took my kicker a round early.

19. Jakobi Meyers. A little more WR depth at the end.

Overall really happy with how this one turned out. Need Lance to hit!

From the 6 spot in a 12-team non-ppr that starts 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1TE/1 FLEX/1 PK/1DT. Draft was on Saturday the 27th.

2. Javonte Williams. Really liked him coming into the draft. Davante Adams went one pick ahead of me. Would have been a tough choice.

3. DJ Moore. Had my eye on Mark Andrews, but he went one spot ahead. Love having Moore as a rock solid WR2.

7. Chris Godwin. Was too good to pass up here with his health apparently trending up.

8. Trey Lance. He sure didn't look good in the final preseason game, but I guess I'm in. Hoping the rushing at least keeps the floor high.

9. Kareem Hunt. Best RB remaining and thought there was a chance he got traded. Solid depth either way.

10. TJ Hockenson. Really had no interest in him, but was surprised he was still there with 10 other TEs off the board. Passed on Ertz, which I might regret.

12. Kadarius Toney. 2nd year WR thing. He hurt me all year in 2021, why not again?

13. Michael Carter. Seems to still have a role. Seems like a better value than Breece Hall going 3.03 in this draft.

14. Broncos D. This league drafts a lot of defenses and they score a bit more than most leagues. Most owners carry multiple defenses. I like Denver's early schedule and then we will see from there.

16. Steelers D. Little bit of a homer pick and their schedule meshes well with Denver.

17. Mike Davis. With JK Dobbins gimpy, I could get some at least temporary value here.

18. Harrison Butker. Had my eye on Jakobi Meyers but figured he would make it to the next round, so took my kicker a round early.

really really like this team

Mike Davis in the 17th was a reach.;(

My Team:
Still not sure if this is a joke or not lol Some of these are pretty nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread