What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

So sorry to hear about your loss Jeff.

Please know that you and your family will be in our prayers.

Now if the time for you to take care of your family and yourself.

Take care and don't ever apologize!

Hi Jeff, Looking at team B in my sign. I am being offer T Jones and Colston or Vince Jackson for Hakeem Nicks. What do you think? I am not a Colston fan but he does have the talent and maybe he will come around. If he does it is a great trade. We only start 2 RBs at most. I am sitting at 3-4 in 3 way tie for 4th place, only 4 teams advance so I dont think I can afford to wait for VJax

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff, I am sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure he will be missed, and I know it's tough to lose someone so close. I hope your family is able to move on in life.

If you get back, here's my struggle this week (though I'll probably decide by then)

DEF: (KR TDs and yards are not part of DEF)

Buffalo v CHI

KC @ OAK

TB @ ATL

(I have KC/TB on roster)

Do you have any suggestions for guys potentially on WW that I may have overlooked? WW looks thin in my league.

Jeff

I have a WR question for you. I am in a PPR league and have been hit hard by bye week WR's this week with Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney, and Nate Washington all on byes this week. I am starting Greg Jennings and Ochocinco, but I will need a waiver wire WR to fill in my 3rd spot. Any hunches about these guys that I have to choose from...

Brian Hartline (up against a tough Baltimore D)

Seyi Ajirotutu (thinned WR corps and a top tier QB)

Brandon Tate NE (also a top tier QB and a poor defense)

James Jones GB (ditto above with Dal defense)

Nate Burleson (up against a tough Jets D)

I was thinking more like Seyi, Tate, or Burleson but what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Scott

Scratch that request, I just read about your father.

Take care of you and your family, that is a MUCH bigger priority.

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Scott

aka PRYOboy

Bernard Scott vs Pitt - was thinking in mop up time and 3rd and long situations he could put up 3 catches 30 yards? 6pts?

Jason Snelling vs TB - maybe 20 rush yards 2 catches 10 yards? 5pts

Tashard Choice vs GB - just a dart? maybe 20 rushing 2 catches as well 5pts?

pairing one with Ronnie Brown - GROSS.

PPR, 1PT PER 10 RUSH/REC = PLEASE PICK 1

Hey Jeff,

It's nice to see you back! You and your family have been in my prayers. I hope everyone is doing okay. You were missed.

I'll be sure to post some questions for your help in the am

WELCOME BACK!

PPR League

I am carrying 3 QB's which I hate to do but I don't know who to let go:

Mike Vick

Stafford --- Back out yesterday after re-injuring the same shoulder that kept him out for 5 weeks

Kitna-- Romo was my primary, picked him up be of the offensive talent

-----------------------

Who do I drop? I am leaning towards dropping Kitna and grabbing Favre to ensure I have at least 1 QB with great offensive weapons.

Here I give Favre the edge.

I need 2---Do I drop 2 and grab Favre?

------------------------

Once I hear about Stafford's health long-term I will drop him if he won't play for weeks again.....So I will grab a WR I guess

------------------------

I need a RB & another WR:

RB's:

J Best -- L McCoy -- R Bush -- Ryan Torain - R Mathews

WW:

Ricky Williams v Ten -- Fred Jackson v DET -- Mc Gahee @ ATL

***Or do I sit and wait with what I have at RB -- I can go with Best & Mc Coy wk 10 -- Reggie will be back after his Bye

****PLUS I am thinking about picking up Keiland Williams in case Torain can't go? Because he will start.

------------------------

I can drop 1 or 2 RB's to add depth to my WR's:

I have R Moss -- H Nicks -- M Williams (TB) -- P Garcon

WW:

James Jones -- Santonio Holmes -- Jacoby Ford -- Nate Burleson -- Mike Thomas -- Sidney Rice -- Vincent Jackson?

Who do you like? Which RB would you drop?

-------------------------

Thanks again Jeff!

TAKE CARE!!!

GLAD TO SEE YOUR DOING OK JEFF!

Standard Scoring:

I have Hernandez but Cooley is on wire. Would you keep them both on your roster or not.

Need your opinion on this, and also what about Choice and his chances of playing in the near future.

I have McCoy,Bradshaw,Blount,Jacobs,Hart,Choice with James,D Williams,Goodson,K Williams on wire. I thought Jacobs is good to keep for bu on Bradshaw, but I could drop Jacobs and choice if needed. NOt sure who will be the runner in Indy.

I have Vick, Kolb, and Fitz ........not sure if I need Fitz now.

Team is in sig.

I did get Williams of the bucs on my team and I think he will help.

Thanks!!

Hi again Jeff – welcome back, and my condolences…it’s difficult I’m sure.

If you’re up for it, I wanted to run a trade proposal by you. His McFadden and Michael Bush for my Ray Rice and Reggie Bush?

I included Michael Bush in case DMC gets injured again, and this other owner will take Reggie Bush as part of the deal, knowing he’ll be back after the week 10 bye.

I’m 7-2. McFadden is off week 10, but I can play 3 WRs then. DMC has been injury prone, but plays weeks 14, 15, 16 at Jac (22nd in rushing defense), then home against Denver (31st) and Indy (28th). I’m not sure how to compare these rushing defenses, but if you add up these three games you get 81, an average of 27th against the rush. Not bad!

My RBs are Gore, Bradshaw, Rice, Blount, and Reggie. We can start 3.

• Bradshaw plays at Minn (13th), home vs. Phil (18th), and at GB (25th). Total of 59 for 19th average.

• Rice is at Houston (14th), home vs. New Orleans (16th), and at Cleveland (19th). Total of 49 for 16th average.

• Blount is at Washington (20th), home vs. Detroit (27th), and home vs. Seattle (10th). Total of 57 for 19th average.

• Reggie is dynamic, but I probably won’t play him unless something happens to Gore, Bradshaw, or McFadden (if I get him).

Is McFadden an upgrade based on playoff schedule, and is Rice the right player to give up, or is Blount the one?

Any thoughts or suggestion you can offer? I think planning for the playoffs is a good idea, but I don’t want to overdo the scheming and crystal-balling when I may have what should be a pat hand…

Thanks Jeff.

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team: QB: Eli, Ben

RB: Gore, Rice, Bradshaw, R Bush, Blount

WR: Calvin, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Britt

TE: Keller DEF: NO, KC, Minn K: Vinatieri

McFadden Team: QB: Vick, Bradford

RB: McFadden, Charles. LT, Michael Bush

WR: Smith (Car), Ochocinco, Mike Sims-Walker, Louis Murphy, Crabtree

TE: Davis, Carlson DEF: TB, Phil K: Longwell

9-0 trade deadline approaching

Do I need to make any moves?

Dynasty PPR 16 team

start 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1 te, 1wr/rb, 1wr/te

QB Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Danny woodhead, Forsett, Tolbert, Leon washington, Anthony Dixon

WR Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Randy Moss, David Gettis, Deon Butler, Andre Roberts

TE Tamme, Sheffler

I also have 5 2nd round draft picks

Obviously people have interest in calvin, roddy, mcfadden and mccoy

who would you move and what would you improve?

9-0 trade deadline approaching

Do I need to make any moves?

Dynasty PPR 16 team

start 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1 te, 1wr/rb, 1wr/te

QB Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Danny woodhead, Forsett, Tolbert, Leon washington, Anthony Dixon

WR Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Randy Moss, David Gettis, Deon Butler, Andre Roberts

TE Tamme, Sheffler

I also have 5 2nd round draft picks

Obviously people have interest in calvin, roddy, mcfadden and mccoy

who would you move and what would you improve?

WELCOME BACK!

PPR League

Mike Vick

Stafford --- Back out yesterday after re-injuring the same shoulder that kept him out for 5 weeks

Kitna-- Romo was my primary, picked him up be of the offensive talent

I would dump both Stafford & Kitna and pick up Kolb. You would be guaranteed a starter from here on out and free up a roster spot

-----------------------

Who do I drop? I am leaning towards dropping Kitna and grabbing Favre to ensure I have at least 1 QB with great offensive weapons.

Here I give Favre the edge.

I need 2---Do I drop 2 and grab Favre?

------------------------

Once I hear about Stafford's health long-term I will drop him if he won't play for weeks again.....So I will grab a WR I guess

------------------------

I need a RB & another WR:

RB's:

WW:

Ricky Williams v Ten -- Fred Jackson v DET -- Mc Gahee @ ATL

***Or do I sit and wait with what I have at RB -- I can go with Best & Mc Coy wk 10 -- Reggie will be back after his Bye

****PLUS I am thinking about picking up Keiland Williams in case Torain can't go? Because he will start.

------------------------

I can drop 1 or 2 RB's to add depth to my WR's:

WW:

James Jones -- Santonio Holmes -- Jacoby Ford -- Nate Burleson -- Mike Thomas -- Sidney Rice -- Vincent Jackson?

Who do you like? Which RB would you drop?

Since you are gaining a roster spot at QB, I would drop Torain and pick up BOTH Vincent Jackson AND Sidney Rice. Both could carry you down the stretch

-------------------------

Thanks again Jeff!

TAKE CARE!!!

GLAD TO SEE YOUR DOING OK JEFF!Standard Scoring:I have Hernandez but Cooley is on wire. Would you keep them both on your roster or not.Need your opinion on this, and also what about Choice and his chances of playing in the near future.I have McCoy,Bradshaw,Blount,Jacobs,Hart,Choice with James,D Williams,Goodson,K Williams on wire. I thought Jacobs is good to keep for bu on Bradshaw, but I could drop Jacobs and choice if needed. NOt sure who will be the runner in Indy.I have Vick, Kolb, and Fitz ........not sure if I need Fitz now.Team is in sig. I did get Williams of the bucs on my team and I think he will help.Thanks!!
\I would drop Jacobs and Fitz for DeAngelo and Cooley (insurance w/ Hernandez a rook)

Hi again Jeff – welcome back, and my condolences…it’s difficult I’m sure. If you’re up for it, I wanted to run a trade proposal by you. His McFadden and Michael Bush for my Ray Rice and Reggie Bush? I included Michael Bush in case DMC gets injured again, and this other owner will take Reggie Bush as part of the deal, knowing he’ll be back after the week 10 bye. I’m 7-2. McFadden is off week 10, but I can play 3 WRs then. DMC has been injury prone, but plays weeks 14, 15, 16 at Jac (22nd in rushing defense), then home against Denver (31st) and Indy (28th). I’m not sure how to compare these rushing defenses, but if you add up these three games you get 81, an average of 27th against the rush. Not bad! My RBs are Gore, Bradshaw, Rice, Blount, and Reggie. We can start 3. • Bradshaw plays at Minn (13th), home vs. Phil (18th), and at GB (25th). Total of 59 for 19th average. • Rice is at Houston (14th), home vs. New Orleans (16th), and at Cleveland (19th). Total of 49 for 16th average.• Blount is at Washington (20th), home vs. Detroit (27th), and home vs. Seattle (10th). Total of 57 for 19th average.• Reggie is dynamic, but I probably won’t play him unless something happens to Gore, Bradshaw, or McFadden (if I get him).Is McFadden an upgrade based on playoff schedule, and is Rice the right player to give up, or is Blount the one? Any thoughts or suggestion you can offer? I think planning for the playoffs is a good idea, but I don’t want to overdo the scheming and crystal-balling when I may have what should be a pat hand…Thanks Jeff.12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Eli, Ben RB: Gore, Rice, Bradshaw, R Bush, BlountWR: Calvin, Marshall, Fitzgerald, BrittTE: Keller DEF: NO, KC, Minn K: Vinatieri McFadden Team: QB: Vick, BradfordRB: McFadden, Charles. LT, Michael BushWR: Smith (Car), Ochocinco, Mike Sims-Walker, Louis Murphy, CrabtreeTE: Davis, Carlson DEF: TB, Phil K: Longwell
Bush will be back after the bye week, and I like Rice at least equal to McFadden. He has been injury-prone in years gone by and cannot be assumed to finish the season

9-0 trade deadline approachingDo I need to make any moves?Dynasty PPR 16 teamstart 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1 te, 1wr/rb, 1wr/teQB Matt Ryan, Ryan FitzpatrickRB Lesean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Danny woodhead, Forsett, Tolbert, Leon washington, Anthony DixonWR Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Randy Moss, David Gettis, Deon Butler, Andre RobertsTE Tamme, ShefflerI also have 5 2nd round draft picksObviously people have interest in calvin, roddy, mcfadden and mccoywho would you move and what would you improve?
I would not trade one of your young studs unless someone overpays. Moss might be the one guy I would consider moving, but could land in a dream spot next year so do not sell too low

Hey Jeff,

Looking to add a piece of the SD passing game to my team, as both MFloyd and VJax are available in one of my leagues. Standard scoring, no PPR, which of these two potential studs do you like for the rest of the year? Thanks...

Hey Jeff,Looking to add a piece of the SD passing game to my team, as both MFloyd and VJax are available in one of my leagues. Standard scoring, no PPR, which of these two potential studs do you like for the rest of the year? Thanks...
I think I would go with Jackson (if thinking week 12 or after). He outplayed Floyd when both were in lineup last few years

WELCOME BACK!

PPR League

Mike Vick / Stafford / Kitna

I would dump both Stafford & Kitna and pick up Kolb. You would be guaranteed a starter from here on out and free up a roster spot

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kolb isn't available so I dropped Stafford & grabbed Favre

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I need a RB & WR:

RB's:

WW:

Ricky Williams v Ten -- Fred Jackson v DET -- Mc Gahee @ ATL -- Donald Brown v CIN -- Hightower v SEA

I can drop 1 RB to add depth to my WR's:

WW:

James Jones -- Santonio Holmes -- Jacoby Ford -- Nate Burleson -- Mike Thomas -- Sidney Rice -- Vincent Jackson -- Steve Johnson?

Since you are gaining a roster spot at QB, I would drop Torain and pick up BOTH Vincent Jackson AND Sidney Rice. Both could carry you down the stretch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, you think I am solid at the RB position enough to drop Torain and grab a WR?

I am also worried about Mathews injury/performance. I feel like I can only trust McCoy/Best/Bush.

I need to carry 4, so you like Mathews more than Torain and the WW options I listed?

I guess I just want to hear why I should drop Torain or Mathews. Portis is even available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I drop one of my RB's you think I should go with another WR?

I was surprised to see that you think VJax will pick up where he left off.

If you don't mind, can I ask why you like him over WR's like Steve Johnson, James Jones, Jacoby Ford & Santonio Holmes.

I don't carry more than 1 TE/K/DEF, do you think that's smart?

If I don't add a RB or WR should I grab a backup TE or DEF?

I used McMichael to fill in for Owens this past week bc Gates was out.

He did great, but with Gates due to return after his Bye, I picked up A Hernandez bc some crazy owner dropped him for Ben Watson.

My DEF option is to possibly re-pick-up the Saints D that I dropped due to their upcoming Bye for the BUCS.

WHAT'S MY BEST MOVE Jeff?

TAKE CARE!!!

What Rd draft picks are these TE's worth in a 1.5 PPR 16 team dynasty league?

Tony Gonzo

Tamme

Shiancoe

Celek

M Lewis

Scheffler

Olsen

Winslow

With this lineup, would you try to make this trade?

Andre Johnson and Torain for Gore and VJax

Orton

AJ

Roddy White

Bradshaw

Blount

Mike Williams TB

Santana Moss

I start 2 WR and 2 RB, with one flex. Moss rides the bench with Torain anyway, and I could use a true RB1 meastud like Gore. Worth it to hip off Johnson?

0.5 ppr

1/15 rec

1/10 rush

WELCOME BACK!

PPR League

Mike Vick / Stafford / Kitna

Kolb isn't available so I dropped Stafford & grabbed Favre

I feel like I need a RB & WR:

RB's:

WW:

Ricky Williams v Ten -- Fred Jackson v DET -- Mc Gahee @ ATL -- Donald Brown v CIN -- Hightower v SEA

I can drop 1 RB to add depth to my WR's:

WW:

James Jones -- Santonio Holmes -- Jacoby Ford -- Nate Burleson -- Mike Thomas -- Sidney Rice -- Vincent Jackson -- Steve Johnson?

So, you think I am solid at the RB position enough to drop Torain and grab a WR?

I am also worried about Mathews injury/performance. I feel like I can only trust McCoy/Best/Bush.

I need to carry 4, so you like Mathews more than Torain and the WW options I listed?

I guess I just want to hear why I should drop Torain or Mathews. Portis is even available.

If I drop one of my RB's you think I should go with another WR?

I was surprised to see that you think VJax will pick up where he left off.

If you don't mind, can I ask why you like him over WR's like Steve Johnson, James Jones, Jacoby Ford & Santonio Holmes.

I don't carry more than 1 TE/K/DEF, do you think that's smart?

If I don't add a RB or WR should I grab a backup TE or DEF?

I used McMichael to fill in for Owens this past week bc Gates was out.

He did great, but with Gates due to return after his Bye, I picked up A Hernandez bc some crazy owner dropped him for Ben Watson.

My DEF option is to possibly re-pick-up the Saints D that I dropped due to their upcoming Bye for the BUCS.

WHAT'S MY BEST MOVE Jeff?

TAKE CARE!!!
I would only keep one TE/Defense after the byes. And, yes, I would take both WRs over the RBs. Portis is expected back for WAS.

Unwrittenlaw said:
What Rd draft picks are these TE's worth in a 1.5 PPR 16 team dynasty league?Tony Gonzo - given he said there is a chance he retires, I would look to pay a 2nd if desperate or sell for a 2nd and prospect like Jimmy Graham. Tamme - Can try for a 1st but that might be asking for too much. Maybe Tamme and a 2 for a 1 ... may have to add moreShiancoe - early 2nd, possibly late first but could be asking too muchCelek - like him as a buy low, might try to offer a 2nd and a prospectM Lewis - 2nd ... The Jags will look much differently next yrScheffler - not much w/ Pettigrew playing wellOlsen - late 1st due to upside, but I would not pay thatWinslow - similar to Olsen

Instinctive said:
With this lineup, would you try to make this trade?Andre Johnson and Torain for Gore and VJaxOrtonAJRoddy WhiteBradshawBlountMike Williams TBSantana MossI start 2 WR and 2 RB, with one flex. Moss rides the bench with Torain anyway, and I could use a true RB1 meastud like Gore. Worth it to hip off Johnson?0.5 ppr1/15 rec1/10 rush
I would do this in a heartbeat if your record is good enough to wait on VJax coming back

Instinctive said:
With this lineup, would you try to make this trade?Andre Johnson and Torain for Gore and VJaxOrtonAJRoddy WhiteBradshawBlountMike Williams TBSantana MossI start 2 WR and 2 RB, with one flex. Moss rides the bench with Torain anyway, and I could use a true RB1 meastud like Gore. Worth it to hip off Johnson?0.5 ppr1/15 rec1/10 rush
I would do this in a heartbeat if your record is good enough to wait on VJax coming back
Would you sell off Santana or Mike Williams with them? Leaves me with VJ/Roddy/Bradshaw/Gore/Tamme/and whichever of Williams or Moss I keep at flex. If I sold them both, I'd have Blount in the flex. All with ZERO injury insurance.

Instinctive said:
Would you sell off Santana or Mike Williams with them? Leaves me with VJ/Roddy/Bradshaw/Gore/Tamme/and whichever of Williams or Moss I keep at flex. If I sold them both, I'd have Blount in the flex. All with ZERO injury insurance.
I would try to keep both WRs since both are undervalued and could hold down the fort until VJax is back

10 team start 2 QB League, 8 Keepers, 6 pt/pass td, -3 int

I am 3-6 and have almost no shot of making the playoffs. Should I trade Tom Brady for Tony Romo? It seems like Romo is more valuable as a long term asset, but the Romo owner is 5-4 and his QBs are Kitna+Favre, so he may be willing to deal to make a playoff push.

Here is my roster:

QB Peyton Manning, Ind QB *

QB Tom Brady, NE QB *

RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB *

RB Ray Rice, Bal RB *

RB/WR Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB *

WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR *

WR Randy Moss, Ten WR

WR/TE Mike Sims-Walker, Jac WR

TE Aaron Hernandez, NE TE

Bench Vince Young, Ten QB

Bench Fred Jackson, Buf RB

Bench DeAngelo Williams, Car RB

Bench Marques Colston, NO WR *

Bench Lee Evans, Buf WR

Bench Vincent Jackson, SD WR SSPD *

Bench Kellen Winslow, TB TE P

*=Likely Keeper

Hi Jeff,

Performance scoring, no PPR...

Who plays this week, Tampa Mike vs Carolina or Stevie Johnson vs Detroit? Thanks for help...

4ize

10 team start 2 QB League, 8 Keepers, 6 pt/pass td, -3 intI am 3-6 and have almost no shot of making the playoffs. Should I trade Tom Brady for Tony Romo? It seems like Romo is more valuable as a long term asset, but the Romo owner is 5-4 and his QBs are Kitna+Favre, so he may be willing to deal to make a playoff push.Here is my roster:QB Peyton Manning, Ind QB *QB Tom Brady, NE QB *RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB *RB Ray Rice, Bal RB *RB/WR Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB *WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR *WR Randy Moss, Ten WRWR/TE Mike Sims-Walker, Jac WRTE Aaron Hernandez, NE TEBench Vince Young, Ten QBBench Fred Jackson, Buf RBBench DeAngelo Williams, Car RBBench Marques Colston, NO WR *Bench Lee Evans, Buf WRBench Vincent Jackson, SD WR SSPD *Bench Kellen Winslow, TB TE P*=Likely Keeper
yes, I would do that. You might try to get a RB or WR upgrade but fall back on the QB for QB swap

Hi Jeff,Performance scoring, no PPR...Who plays this week, Tampa Mike vs Carolina or Stevie Johnson vs Detroit? Thanks for help...4ize
Hard to argue with the way Johnson has played of late. I would go with him, especially with the way the Panther pass defense has played.

Hey, Jeff... Gearing up for the playoff push and the playoffs themselves. 6-3 and leading my division in an $200 auction cap keeper league, performance scoring all TDs 6 pts/.5 per recept...Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D. Free Agent pick ups cannot be kept. Out of the playoff teams can keep 4, playoff teams 3, runnerup 2, and champ 1.

Schaub/$15, Favre/$8

Gore/$63, Hillis/$0(F/A), Blount/$0(F/A), Ringer/$2, Hightower/$0(F/A)

White/$9, Marshall/$30, Ocho/$9, VJax/$0(F/A)

Hernandez/$0(F/A), Finley/$21

Crosby/$4

Steelers/$4, Eagles/$3

I used trade bait- M.Williams TB- to land Hillis, leaving me Ringer to offer teams out of the hunt for next year. The couple of weeks before our trade deadline are uber important with those out of the hunt looking to land value keepers for next year and those in the hunt looking to take on salary in exhange for a shot at the title this year.

I'm pretty much stuck making the best of Schaub/Favre and hoping that VJax gives me another WR2 come the playoffs. With the Chris Johnson/$97(no one keeps a $97 player) owner out of the hunt, I was thinking of offering him Hillis and Ringer for CJ and a kicker for Crosby's bye...

Your most respected thoughts?? I'll hang up and listen...

Ok Jeff,

This is my new team roster after taking your suggestions:

PPR LEAGUE

QB: Start 1

Vick & Favre

*Starting Vick @ WASH this week over Favre @ CHI

RB:Start 2

McCoy--Best--R Bush(BYE)--R Mathews(BYE)--Torain

*Starting McCoy @ WAS & Best @ BUF

WR:Start 3

R Moss @ MIA--H Nicks v DAL--P Garcon v CIN--M Williams (TB)v CAR--S Rice--V Jax

*I am thinking about going with Nicks-Garcon & Williams

*I want to see what Moss can do with the Titans first, do you think that makes sense?

TE:Start 1

A Hernandez @ PIT

K:Start 1

Scobee v HOU

DEF:Start 1

Tampa Bay v CAR

How do you think my roster looks now?

Hello Jeff,

My team is in sig...standard scoring redraft important game this week:

I got cooley to back up hernandez, and I have KC playing at denver this week. (Tampa and Giants look like great matchups) I really like this def most weeks, and hate to drop them, but should I drop choice for another D just this week. The guy I'm playing needs a rb and a qb this week because of byes. (I DROPPED FITZ AND JACOBS) Here's who I have projected as starters:

VICK

MCCOY,BRADSHAW,BLOUNT OR S. MOSS

MEGATRON,M WILLIAMS (TB)

HERNANDEZ OR COOLEY

CARPENTER

CHIEFS OR ?

D WILLIAMS ON BENCH AND HART

AS ALWAYS THANKS IN ADVANCE

My team is in dead last place in a 10 team league. .5 per reception, 1 pt. per 10 rush/receiving, 6 pts. all TD's. I am sitting at 3-6. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 IDP Here is my team:

QB: Brees, M. Sanchez

RB: J. Best, M. Forte, P. Thomas, K. Williams

WR: H. Nicks, R. Moss, S. Moss, D. Bryant, M. Floyd

TE: A. Hernandez

K: who cares

Def: Tenn, ATL

IDP: different every week.

Would you cut bait on Thomas to pick up Matthews and drop K. Williams to get F. Jackson or M. Goodson for this week? I thought Williams could be a guy that takes over in Washington, but I need wins now. Thomas won't be back for awhile, but could perform well once back. What would you do?

Arizona or Tampa Bay this week?

Pretty significant scoring if you hold a team under 7 points, and some big negatives for 28+

Other than that, it's one point for a sack and 2 for turnovers and blocked kicks. TDs are 6.

Both have such juicy looking matchups that it's tough for me to decide which one to use.

Rookie QB, no RBs, mess all year - could get up huge and force a ton of TOs

Whitehurst, no offensive line, poor defense so they could get up big and play aggressively.

Hey Jeff, welcome back!

crunch time, injuries are hurting. I need my flex guy. First for WRs I have Austin, Marshall and SMoss, so I could go all 3 but for RB, Don Brown, Jav James, Spiller, Felix Jones. If I go with an RB which WR rides the pine--- non ppr

Hey Jeff,

Flex question. WR & RB = 1 pt per 10yds, PPR, big bonuses for 100 yd games and 40/50 yd TDs

Pick 3:

Michael Turner vs BAL

Best vs BUF

Bradshaw vs DAL

McCoy vs WAS

Marshall vs

Turner & Best look like a coin flip on paper. Ususally the one on my bench goes off, so I need a second opinion.

Thanks!

Welcome back!

Which would you start in a standard scoring league....Turner or Bradshaw?

Which 3 of these 4 would you start in another standard scoring league....Gore, Mendenhall, Bradshaw and Rice?

TIA

Hi Jeff – Is Rodgers an upgrade over Ben or Eli?

Rodgers is on bye week 10, and if he’s an upgrade, I wonder about offering either Eli or Ben? I’m 7-2 and trying to think ahead to the playoffs. I'd also like to upgrade at TE. I'm thinking Eli or Ben and Keller for Rodgers and Witten.

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

RB: Gore, Rice, Bradshaw, R Bush, Blount

TE: Keller DEF: Minn, KC, NO K: Vinatieri

His Team: QB: Rodgers, Freeman

RB: Jacobs, DeAngelo, Wells, Tolbert

WR: DeSean, Santonio, Bess, Mason, Driver, Crayton

TE: Witten, Lewis DEF: Pitt K: Reed

Hi Jeff – Still scheming. I’m hoping to get your thoughts on another option to improve my 7-2 team for the playoffs. This one beefs me up a bit at WR, and loses me a bit at backup QB.

His Sanchez and Lloyd for my Eli and Marshall?

Eli is probably an upgrade over Sanchez for him, and Lloyd is probably an upgrade for me over Marshall.

RB: Gore, Rice, Bradshaw, R Bush

TE: Keller, Moeaki DEF: KC K: Hartley, Rackers

His Team:

QB: Sanchez, Kitna

RB: Turner, Moreno, Forsett, Hart

WR: Lloyd, Boldin, Santana Moss, Edwards, Heyward-Bey

TE: Shockey DEF: Wash, Sea K: Bryant, Carpenter

Hey, Jeff... Gearing up for the playoff push and the playoffs themselves. 6-3 and leading my division in an $200 auction cap keeper league, performance scoring all TDs 6 pts/.5 per recept...Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D. Free Agent pick ups cannot be kept. Out of the playoff teams can keep 4, playoff teams 3, runnerup 2, and champ 1. Schaub/$15, Favre/$8Gore/$63, Hillis/$0(F/A), Blount/$0(F/A), Ringer/$2, Hightower/$0(F/A)White/$9, Marshall/$30, Ocho/$9, VJax/$0(F/A)Hernandez/$0(F/A), Finley/$21Crosby/$4Steelers/$4, Eagles/$3I used trade bait- M.Williams TB- to land Hillis, leaving me Ringer to offer teams out of the hunt for next year. The couple of weeks before our trade deadline are uber important with those out of the hunt looking to land value keepers for next year and those in the hunt looking to take on salary in exchange for a shot at the title this year.I'm pretty much stuck making the best of Schaub/Favre and hoping that VJax gives me another WR2 come the playoffs. With the Chris Johnson/$97(no one keeps a $97 player) owner out of the hunt, I was thinking of offering him Hillis and Ringer for CJ and a kicker for Crosby's bye...Your most respected thoughts?? I'll hang up and listen...
Hey, If you are pursuing Chris Johnson, keep Ringer. You have a good team. I would not overthink it too much.

Ok Jeff,

This is my new team roster after taking your suggestions:

PPR LEAGUE

QB: Start 1

Vick & Favre

*Starting Vick @ WASH this week over Favre @ CHI

Keep Vick and dump Favre for Kolb or a player at another position.

RB:Start 2

McCoy--Best--R Bush(BYE)--R Mathews(BYE)--Torain

*Starting McCoy @ WAS & Best @ BUF

Best makes a decent starter, but Torain may also be decent if Portis is out

WR:Start 3

R Moss @ MIA--H Nicks v DAL--P Garcon v CIN--M Williams (TB)v CAR--S Rice--V Jax

*I am thinking about going with Nicks-Garcon & Williams

*I want to see what Moss can do with the Titans first, do you think that makes sense?

I agree

TE:Start 1

A Hernandez @ PIT

K:Start 1

Scobee v HOU

DEF:Start 1

Tampa Bay v CAR

How do you think my roster looks now?
Team looks very good.

Hello Jeff,My team is in sig...standard scoring redraft important game this week:I got cooley to back up hernandez, and I have KC playing at denver this week. (Tampa and Giants look like great matchups) I really like this def most weeks, and hate to drop them, but should I drop choice for another D just this week. The guy I'm playing needs a rb and a qb this week because of byes. (I DROPPED FITZ AND JACOBS) Here's who I have projected as starters:VICKMCCOY,BRADSHAW,BLOUNT OR S. MOSSMEGATRON,M WILLIAMS (TB)HERNANDEZ OR COOLEYCARPENTERCHIEFS OR ?D WILLIAMS ON BENCH AND HARTAS ALWAYS THANKS IN ADVANCE
team looks good. I would definitely dump KC (or Cooley or Hernandez) for either NYG or TB. Looks good for the playoff push.

Users who are viewing this thread