What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Hi Jeff,

My already piss-poor RBs were further decimated by injuries. I'm down to Steve Slaton and a bunch of bum ankles and benchwarmers.

I picked up Kevin Smith off free agency and probably need to grab at least one more good RB. So far, I'm looking at Jonathan Stewart and the two backups for NYG, Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw. Stewart seems to get some nice touches because Carolina's running the ball so much to take the ball out of Delhomme's hands. I hear Bradshaw will be getting more touches later in the year to preserve the other backs. Other options include either of the two-headed puppy in Oakland, Fargas and McFadden, but I don't know which will get the carries. McAllister in NO is losing carries to Pierre Thomas but like the Oakland committee, I don't know if either is a safe starter. Ahman Green vultured a couple of TDs off of Slaton, but I'm leery of picking up two RBs from the same team. Other options available include Peyton Hillis, although I think I just missed his best game and JJ Arrington (ditto).

Finally, what about Warrick Dunn? I kept Graham around for his relatively soft fantasy playoff matchups. Is Dunn an option given that the TB backfield is rife with a returning Cadillac and a vulturing BJ Askew?

What do you think? I could pick up one and possibly two, since my other positions are pretty solid.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff,

My already piss-poor RBs were further decimated by injuries. I'm down to Steve Slaton and a bunch of bum ankles and benchwarmers.

I picked up Kevin Smith off free agency and probably need to grab at least one more good RB. So far, I'm looking at Jonathan Stewart and the two backups for NYG, Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw. Stewart seems to get some nice touches because Carolina's running the ball so much to take the ball out of Delhomme's hands. I hear Bradshaw will be getting more touches later in the year to preserve the other backs. Other options include either of the two-headed puppy in Oakland, Fargas and McFadden, but I don't know which will get the carries. McAllister in NO is losing carries to Pierre Thomas but like the Oakland committee, I don't know if either is a safe starter. Ahman Green vultured a couple of TDs off of Slaton, but I'm leery of picking up two RBs from the same team. Other options available include Peyton Hillis, although I think I just missed his best game and JJ Arrington (ditto).

Finally, what about Warrick Dunn? I kept Graham around for his relatively soft fantasy playoff matchups. Is Dunn an option given that the TB backfield is rife with a returning Cadillac and a vulturing BJ Askew?

What do you think? I could pick up one and possibly two, since my other positions are pretty solid.

Thanks.
Pick up Dunn. Graham is gone for the year. I, too, do not like the Raider RBs. I do like Stewart now that he is healthy. I also like Derrick Ward. Dunn and Stewart would be the first choices, with Ward third.

hey jeff!

What players or teams are you targeting for the Week 15/16 fantasy playoffs? Looking for good buy low types who could take off at the end of the year. Thanks!

b

hey jeff!What players or teams are you targeting for the Week 15/16 fantasy playoffs? Looking for good buy low types who could take off at the end of the year. Thanks!b
hey ... I have not given it a ton of thought. But, I would look at the weak divisions where teams play one another and you get two good matchups. Cardinals get Rams and Vikings ... both great passing matchupsChargers have Raiders and ChiefsBroncos have Chiefs and Panthers both good matchups for passing gameJets have 49ers and BillsOutside of that I like Indy with Cincy and Detroit back to back. I do not like the Dallas schedule with Pit and NYG. Bal should be avoided, too, with Wash and Pitt. The AFC North and NFC East have a lot of games during this span.

Hey Jeff

Got Rivers Via trade, but still have thigpen, and Ryan. They both have some good matchups. Trying to decide if I want to drop one of those.

Thig's been pretty awsome lately!!!

Pretty standard ....only start 1qb

Hey JeffGot Rivers Via trade, but still have thigpen, and Ryan. They both have some good matchups. Trying to decide if I want to drop one of those.Thig's been pretty awsome lately!!!Pretty standard ....only start 1qb
I would keep Thig and Rivers and Ryan, too, if you can. Thig and Rivers allow you to play matchups.

Ok Jeff two weeks in a row now and DelHomme has cost me a game. I have gone from the top spot to number 4 barely hanging on to the last playoff slot.

So---I have DelHomme @ ATL next week, I also have Frerotte @ JAX ---- BOTH ARE SCARY TO ME!

Here is who is on the WW until the morning for now:

Thigpen v BUF

S Hill @ DAL

Hasselbeck v WASH

Flacco v PHI

I need a QB-----Help Me?

Secondly....TE?

K2 one week INCREDIBLE tonight ZIPPO!

Next week he faces Houston

Should I scoop up an extra TE?

Keller @ TEN

DLee @ NO

BWatson @ MIA

THANKS

Ok Jeff two weeks in a row now and DelHomme has cost me a game. I have gone from the top spot to number 4 barely hanging on to the last playoff slot.

So---I have DelHomme @ ATL next week, I also have Frerotte @ JAX ---- BOTH ARE SCARY TO ME!

Here is who is on the WW until the morning for now:

Thigpen v BUF

S Hill @ DAL

Hasselbeck v WASH

Flacco v PHI

I need a QB-----Help Me?

Secondly....TE?

K2 one week INCREDIBLE tonight ZIPPO!

Next week he faces Houston

Should I scoop up an extra TE?

Keller @ TEN

DLee @ NO

BWatson @ MIA

THANKS
keep winslow. he should be ok. i like hill going forward. he and thigpen are decent options most weeks.

Hey Jeff

I grabbed Shaun Hill and dropped Jax D --- thinking about dropping Frerotte for Thigpen but I wanted your opinion first....

Hi again Jeff,

Your recent thought - "Scaife is the only one to consider. He has been playing well. The only issues is that if you drop Daniels, someone will prob nab him. He only has two catches total last two weeks. I expect an uptick if/when Schaub comes back ... but might be too late by then. In the end, I would prob risk it and get Scaife. He looks good and gets catches every week ... especially when the Titans play with the lead."

I tried to claim Scaife on our WW, but another owner with a higher priority got him. With Schaub apparently out for a while, I’m skeptical about Daniels. Do you see any possibilities in this bunch that’s left? Heap shows as potentially having a good week 12 against Philly. Take a flyer or sit tight and hope Daniels catches a few?

Options are Carlson, Heap Boss, Miller, Fasano, Lee, Davis, Clark, Royal, Smith, Gaines, Crumpler, Watson, Stevens

Thanks!

12 person redraft, no PPR, 1 point/25 yards passing, 4pts/passing TD, 1pt/10 yards rushing or receiving, 6pts/TD.

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

My roster: QB P. Manning, Campbell, RB Lynch, Forte, Bush, J. Norwood, Antonio Pittman, WR R. Wayne, A. Boldin, Galloway, TE Daniels, PK Folk, Def Ravens, Panthers, Cowboys.

Hi again Jeff,Your recent thought - "Scaife is the only one to consider. He has been playing well. The only issues is that if you drop Daniels, someone will prob nab him. He only has two catches total last two weeks. I expect an uptick if/when Schaub comes back ... but might be too late by then. In the end, I would prob risk it and get Scaife. He looks good and gets catches every week ... especially when the Titans play with the lead."I tried to claim Scaife on our WW, but another owner with a higher priority got him. With Schaub apparently out for a while, I’m skeptical about Daniels. Do you see any possibilities in this bunch that’s left? Heap shows as potentially having a good week 12 against Philly. Take a flyer or sit tight and hope Daniels catches a few? Options are Carlson, Heap Boss, Miller, Fasano, Lee, Davis, Clark, Royal, Smith, Gaines, Crumpler, Watson, Stevens Thanks! 12 person redraft, no PPR, 1 point/25 yards passing, 4pts/passing TD, 1pt/10 yards rushing or receiving, 6pts/TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DEFMy roster: QB P. Manning, Campbell, RB Lynch, Forte, Bush, J. Norwood, Antonio Pittman, WR R. Wayne, A. Boldin, Galloway, TE Daniels, PK Folk, Def Ravens, Panthers, Cowboys.
This group of TEs, including Daniels, is a gamble. I think I might hold tight. The one guy to look at is Boss this week. But, that is more of a one-week move. Heap has been a disappointment all season and I dont trust him. Hard to trust any of these.

Need help starting a QB.. Points are as follows:

4pts per TD, 1pt per 20yds, -1 for a int, 300yds=3pts bonus, 50+yd TD=3pts

I have Cassel Vs. Miami

Big Ben Vs. Cincy on Thurs

Sage Rosenfals Vs. Cleveland

Please Help would be Appreciated. I'm really torn this week on who to start.

Thank you in advance.

Need help starting a QB.. Points are as follows:4pts per TD, 1pt per 20yds, -1 for a int, 300yds=3pts bonus, 50+yd TD=3ptsI have Cassel Vs. MiamiBig Ben Vs. Cincy on ThursSage Rosenfals Vs. ClevelandPlease Help would be Appreciated. I'm really torn this week on who to start.Thank you in advance.
I think i like sage. He has a good matchup this week.

Hey Jeff,

With the Playoffs looming and my ticket not yet punched, I really need to win this week. I am in a 10 team redraft PPR league, all TD's worth 6 pts and 10 yds/pt for RBs and WRs. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF. Since I can only start 2 RBs and 2 WR, there is less room for error if one of my starters is a bust that week.

My RBs are

Clinton Portis at Seattle

Ronnie Brown vs New England

Chris Johnson vs New York Jets

Joseph Addai at San Diego

My WRs are

Calvin Johnson vs Tampa Bay

Marques Colston vs Green Bay

Housh at Pittsburgh

Jerricho Cotchery at Tennessee

Right now I'm thinking of going with Portis (if he is still able to go after it looked like he tweaked his knee against Dallas) and Addai. It seems like the Colts' offense is back on track, or am I reading too much into Addai's first signs of life since last season?

I don't think that Ronnie Brown will run wild against NE like he did earlier in the season. And the Jets have been fairly stout against the run with Kris Jenkins. Which two would you play?

At WR I'm thinking Megatron and Colston. I am tempted to start Housh though since he usually produces against Pittsburgh strangely enough. The jets will have to throw the ball to beat Tennessee, but I feel like Farve likes to rotate who he keys in on each week and Cothery's week was last week...

Which two would you go with?

Thanks for the help Jeff,

-Eric

Hey Jeff,With the Playoffs looming and my ticket not yet punched, I really need to win this week. I am in a 10 team redraft PPR league, all TD's worth 6 pts and 10 yds/pt for RBs and WRs. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF. Since I can only start 2 RBs and 2 WR, there is less room for error if one of my starters is a bust that week. My RBs areClinton Portis at SeattleRonnie Brown vs New EnglandChris Johnson vs New York JetsJoseph Addai at San DiegoMy WRs areCalvin Johnson vs Tampa BayMarques Colston vs Green BayHoush at PittsburghJerricho Cotchery at TennesseeRight now I'm thinking of going with Portis (if he is still able to go after it looked like he tweaked his knee against Dallas) and Addai. It seems like the Colts' offense is back on track, or am I reading too much into Addai's first signs of life since last season? I don't think that Ronnie Brown will run wild against NE like he did earlier in the season. And the Jets have been fairly stout against the run with Kris Jenkins. Which two would you play?At WR I'm thinking Megatron and Colston. I am tempted to start Housh though since he usually produces against Pittsburgh strangely enough. The jets will have to throw the ball to beat Tennessee, but I feel like Farve likes to rotate who he keys in on each week and Cothery's week was last week...Which two would you go with?Thanks for the help Jeff,-Eric
Hey Eric,Addai & Portis look good. If Portis cannot go, I would look at Johnson just for the chance of a big play. I would avoid Colston against a tough GB pass defense. I also do not like Cotch vs Tenn. Housh and Calvin are who I would choose. Good luck.Jeff

Jeff which two do you like this week

Barbara III vs SF

Addai vs SD

Dunn vs DET

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Reception Yards 10 yards per point

Jeff which two do you like this weekBarbara III vs SFAddai vs SDDunn vs DETRushing Touchdowns 6 Reception Yards 10 yards per point
all three have good matchups. I think you start Barber for sure. Hard not to considering how consistent he has been, esp with Felix sidelined. He might be back this week, but will need time to get into shape. addai vs dunn is close. I think I would lean toward Dunn just because he plays detroit (who gives up 171 rush yds and 1.6 tds/game) over addai playing at SD (sd gives up 105 rush yds and .6 tds/game). last week for addai was partly due to playing houston, who gives up big yardage on the ground. it would be hard to sit addai after last week, but dunn has a great matchup.

Thig, Rivers or Ryan......who you prefer? Cassel .....how does he rate comparably to these guys?

Also have westy,slaton, Turner, and Jones-drew....need 3

Thanks.

Hey Jeff, some tough Choices this week

League 1: Auction Keeper League

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE

QB: Rodgers, Thigpen, Collins(Thinking Rodgers here)

RB: Lynch, Chris Johnson, W. Dunn, Jamal Lewis.(tough one, thinking of sitting CJ3 and starting either Lewis or Dunn along with Lynch).

WR/TE: Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Chris Cooley, Lance Moore, Derrick Mason, Gaffney, M. Floyd,

League 2:

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

QB: Cutler

RB: Westbrook, CJ3, J. Stewart, P. Thomas(Hard to decide here, if Bush is out, P. Thomas is a nice play I think)

WR: It's between K. Walter and Roy Williams for my WR3

Thanks

Thig, Rivers or Ryan......who you prefer? Cassel .....how does he rate comparably to these guys?Also have westy,slaton, Turner, and Jones-drew....need 3Thanks.
i think i sit rivers for sure. indy only gives up .2 TDs/game. So Ryan vs Carolina or Thig vs Buff. I think I like Thigpen. I think Cassel had a lucky game against a bad NYJ pass defense. Westbrook is hurt and faces baltimore. i would sit him. the ravens are embarrassed and want to show how good they are.

Hey Jeff, some tough Choices this week

League 1: Auction Keeper League

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE

QB: Rodgers - great matchup , Thigpen, Collins(Thinking Rodgers here)

RB: Lynch, Chris Johnson, W. Dunn, Jamal Lewis.(tough one, thinking of sitting CJ3 and starting either Lewis or Dunn along with Lynch). Start Lynch vs the bad KC defense. I would not play Lewis, even with the decent matchup. Hard to rely on him for a good game. Johnson vs Dunn is tough. I might lean (very slightly) toward Dunn vs Detroit.

WR/TE: Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Chris Cooley, Lance Moore, Derrick Mason, Gaffney, M. Floyd, Mason is questionable. If he plays and looks healthy, I might sub him in for cooley.

League 2:

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

QB: Cutler

RB: Westbrook, CJ3, J. Stewart, P. Thomas(Hard to decide here, if Bush is out, P. Thomas is a nice play I think) I would sit Thomas unless Westbrook.

WR: It's between K. Walter and Roy Williams for my WR3 Walter could be huge this week.

Thanks

Jeff,

My team:

QB: Eli and Favre

RB: MBIII, Portis, Forte, Slaton, K Smith, Benson

WR: Megatron, TJ Housh, Burress, Cotchery, A Bryant

K: Prater

D: Steelers D

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR Flex, K, D with traditional scoring.

So I've got Eli and Favre has my QB's. And it's guaranteed that I'm going to pick the wrong one it seems like each and every week. They are really pissing me off (and Burress as well). Cassell is available as is Thigpen.

Would you recommend dropping Eli or Favre for Cassel (or should I drop Benson instead).

My record is 8-3 and I'm in a four way tie for first.

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, starting lineup 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex(RB, WR or TE).

My roster

QB's McNabb, Garcia, Croyle,

RB's McGahee, S. Jackson, Portis, C. Perry, C. Benson, P. Thomas

WR's Wayne, Bowe, J. Walker, Galloway, E. Royal, N. Washington

TE's Jason Witten , V. Davis.

K Matt Prater

DEF Tennesee

His Team

QB T. Edwards, M. Ryan, T.Thigpen

RB L. Johnson, J. Charles, DeAngelo Williams, J. Harrison, P. Thomas, Michael Bush, Kevin Smith, Felix Jones

WR T. Holt, J. Morgan, Roy Williams, Santana Moss, DeSean Jackson

TE Winslow, Kevin Boss, Jason Witten

PK Ryan Lidell

Def Giants

I have been offered this trade T. Edwards, L. Johnson, J. Harrison for McGahee.

What do you think of this trade or is there a better one with this team that would help me out. I would rather have a WR then Harrison but the only WR that he is willing to trade is Morgan.

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, starting lineup 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex(RB, WR or TE).My rosterQB's McNabb, Garcia, Croyle, RB's McGahee, S. Jackson, Portis, C. Perry, C. Benson, P. ThomasWR's Wayne, Bowe, J. Walker, Galloway, E. Royal, N. WashingtonTE's Jason Witten , V. Davis. K Matt PraterDEF TenneseeHis TeamQB T. Edwards, M. Ryan, T.Thigpen RB L. Johnson, J. Charles, DeAngelo Williams, J. Harrison, P. Thomas, Michael Bush, Kevin Smith, Felix JonesWR T. Holt, J. Morgan, Roy Williams, Santana Moss, DeSean JacksonTE Winslow, Kevin Boss, Jason Witten PK Ryan LidellDef GiantsI have been offered this trade T. Edwards, L. Johnson, J. Harrison for McGahee.What do you think of this trade or is there a better one with this team that would help me out. I would rather have a WR then Harrison but the only WR that he is willing to trade is Morgan.
I like the premise of the deal, esp sinc ei am not huge willis fan. You could use a good young QB. I do not know if I might like Thigpen over Edwards ... close, but you could have either I would think. I like Morgan a lot and think Edwards, Johnson, and Morgan is a lot for McGahee.

rascal said:
Jeff,My team:QB: Eli and FavreRB: MBIII, Portis, Forte, Slaton, K Smith, BensonWR: Megatron, TJ Housh, Burress, Cotchery, A BryantK: PraterD: Steelers DWe start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR Flex, K, D with traditional scoring.So I've got Eli and Favre has my QB's. And it's guaranteed that I'm going to pick the wrong one it seems like each and every week. They are really pissing me off (and Burress as well). Cassell is available as is Thigpen.Would you recommend dropping Eli or Favre for Cassel (or should I drop Benson instead).My record is 8-3 and I'm in a four way tie for first.
Eli should be the better play than Favre this week with the Jets facing Tenn and the Giants playing AZ. Thigpen could have a good game. I do think Eli throws more against Arizona. The game could be high scoring. But, Thiggy has put up good stats every week. Those two are close.

Heya Jeff~

6-5 so far this year and I'm in 5th....I need that W bad. 4 of those 5 loses have been to the person with the high score in the league for the week :shrug: Bad luck I guess. Anyway, who do you like at QB? Romo or Garcia?? I know Romo has a good matchup and he has great history, but with the splint....I dunno. Garcia has an incredible matchup and I think he may go 300+ 2 TD. What do you think?? Starting Lynch and Grant and sitting Johnson vs a tough Jets D. Is that a good move? Who do you like at WR this week? C. Johnson and K. Walter are locks....so between Curtis vs Bal, Jenkins vs Car or Gage vs Jets. Will Philly be aweful due to westy's injuries or will McNabb throw 50 passes? Will Gage show up again since the Jets could shut down the run? Thanks again Jeff, and G/L this week!!

~Sean

Heya Jeff~ 6-5 so far this year and I'm in 5th....I need that W bad. 4 of those 5 loses have been to the person with the high score in the league for the week :thumbup: Bad luck I guess. Anyway, who do you like at QB? Romo or Garcia?? I know Romo has a good matchup and he has great history, but with the splint....I dunno. Garcia has an incredible matchup and I think he may go 300+ 2 TD. What do you think?? Starting Lynch and Grant and sitting Johnson vs a tough Jets D. Is that a good move? Who do you like at WR this week? C. Johnson and K. Walter are locks....so between Curtis vs Bal, Jenkins vs Car or Gage vs Jets. Will Philly be aweful due to westy's injuries or will McNabb throw 50 passes? Will Gage show up again since the Jets could shut down the run? Thanks again Jeff, and G/L this week!!~Sean
hey Sean,luck is such a huge part of fantasy football. I think I would go with Romo just because he has better weapons. Teams run on Detroit. My only worry on Romo is that the Cowboys get out to such a huge lead that they get conservative (like the 49ers did with StL). But, I think SF will put up enough points to keep Dallas running. Grant vs CJohnson is a tough one. I like Lynch vs KC. Since Grant has been hot, I think I would go that way.At WR, for me it is jenkins or gage. I think I would go with Gage since he gets a good matchup vs the Jets DBs. good luck to you, too.

Hey Jeff, have a question on my QB this week. Scoring is as follows,

1pt per 20yds

4pts per passing TD

-1 per int

8pts per 50+yd TD

3pts bonus for 300+yds

I have a tough choice this week and just curious on what your thoughts are.

Cassel at Miami

Rosenfels at Cleveland

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi Jeff,

You've helped me a lot in the past with this league, and am now in need of real advice once again. My dynasty league is moving towards a salary cap format next season. The cap will be $100. The lineup will be 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 FLEX (either a RB or WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Defense/special teams. I need help with what I should do now and how to best position my team for next season.

My definite keepers are (I'm thinking build around a great QB and keep only 2 WR, with the rest RBs--do you agree?):

Drew Brees $16 (possibly going up to $20)

Marshawn Lynch $20

Maurice Jones-Drew $18

Larry Fitzgerald $17

Calvin Johnson $12 (likely going up to $15)

That is a total $83. The decision really comes down to what to do with the $17 remaining. I have to decide between Darren McFadden at $2 (likely going up to $10-15), Jonathan Stewart $2 (likely going up to ??? maybe $5-10), Rashard Mendenhall $2, Laurence Maroney $14 (likely going down), Lee Evans $7. Antonio Gates $9, Roy Williams $12, Jake Delhomme $7.

Ideally I would trade all players I wasn't giong to keep to get picks/college guys for next year. I'm also going to make the playoffs in my league, so if I give up someone like Lee Evans it could hurt my starting lineup. Factoring all that in. Who would you keep and who would you trade?

Also, all the values are subject to change based on their performance this year. Those are my guesses brackets.

Thanks.

-Gandalf

Hey Jeff, have a question on my QB this week. Scoring is as follows,1pt per 20yds 4pts per passing TD -1 per int 8pts per 50+yd TD 3pts bonus for 300+ydsI have a tough choice this week and just curious on what your thoughts are.Cassel at MiamiRosenfels at ClevelandThanks in advance for your feedback.
I think I would go with Cassel. He will not throw the picks sage will.

Hi Jeff,You've helped me a lot in the past with this league, and am now in need of real advice once again. My dynasty league is moving towards a salary cap format next season. The cap will be $100. The lineup will be 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 FLEX (either a RB or WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Defense/special teams. I need help with what I should do now and how to best position my team for next season.My definite keepers are (I'm thinking build around a great QB and keep only 2 WR, with the rest RBs--do you agree?):Drew Brees $16 (possibly going up to $20)Marshawn Lynch $20Maurice Jones-Drew $18Larry Fitzgerald $17Calvin Johnson $12 (likely going up to $15)That is a total $83. The decision really comes down to what to do with the $17 remaining. I have to decide between Darren McFadden at $2 (likely going up to $10-15), Jonathan Stewart $2 (likely going up to ??? maybe $5-10), Rashard Mendenhall $2, Laurence Maroney $14 (likely going down), Lee Evans $7. Antonio Gates $9, Roy Williams $12, Jake Delhomme $7.Ideally I would trade all players I wasn't giong to keep to get picks/college guys for next year. I'm also going to make the playoffs in my league, so if I give up someone like Lee Evans it could hurt my starting lineup. Factoring all that in. Who would you keep and who would you trade?Also, all the values are subject to change based on their performance this year. Those are my guesses brackets.Thanks.-Gandalf
So, you get to keep all players that fit under the cap? that is good. Drew Brees $16 (possibly going up to $20)Marshawn Lynch $20Maurice Jones-Drew $18Larry Fitzgerald $17Calvin Johnson $12 (likely going up to $15)Stewart and Evans would be top of my list. I would order the next:MendenhallGatesMcFaddenMaroneyRoyDelhommeI like the price on Mendenhall so I would try to trade the others. Mendenhall would be a good guy to wait until the last bit to see what the cap numbers will be. I only like him because of the price/upside ratio. The other five should have decent trade value.

Hey Jeff

I need to pick 2 out of these 3 WR's to start this week. Non PPR league. Scoring is 1 for every 10 yards and 6 for every TD.

1. Driver at NO

2. Walter at Clev

3. Moore vs GB

Thanks....

Hey JeffI need to pick 2 out of these 3 WR's to start this week. Non PPR league. Scoring is 1 for every 10 yards and 6 for every TD.1. Driver at NO2. Walter at Clev3. Moore vs GBThanks....
I would sit Moore. The GB pass defense gives up less than 200 pass yards and 1.1 tds a game while NO and Cleve give up more.

Need (1)

Jake @ ATL

SHill @ DAL

Thiggy v BUF

Need 2

MTurner v CAR

CJohnson v NYJ

RBush v GB

PHillis v OAK

Need 3

Jennings @ NO

TO v SF

ABryant @ DET

ERoyal v OAK

Cotchery @ TEN

TEAM 2

Need 1

Warner v NYG

Rivers v INDY

Need 2 -- PLUS 1 FLEX

Barber v SF

LT v INDY

RBush v GB

Slaton @ CLE

Hillis @ ATL

Darby @SF

Need 3

ERoyal v Oak

RWayne @SD

DJackson @ BAL

Camarillo v NE

Avery v CHI

Gaffney @ MIA

Need 1

Prater v Oak

Folk v SF

Need 1

Carolina @ ATL

Ravens v PHI

Vikings @ JAX

THANKS JEFF

Hi Jeff,

As long as you’re offering to field ‘em, I’ll keep hitting you fly balls!

I’d love your opinion on my third RB this weekend to go with Lynch and Forte.

My choices are Antonio Pittman (StL vs Chi), Reggie Bush (NO vs GB), Pierre Thomas (also NO vs GB), and Jerious Norwood (Atl vs Car). All of these players are at home.

My Lineup Dominator lists them for our league as Pittman, Bush, Thomas, and Norwood, and with the exception of Norwood, they are within a couple of points for their projection.

Norwood projects to have a tough time with Carolina, and is projected to garner the least points, so I expect that he’s first to eliminate. My thought is then to take Bush out of consideration, with his status not only in doubt, but since it's his first game back, who knows how much he’ll play. However the Saints RB situation also affects my opinion of Thomas. With both Deuce and Reggie in doubt, it could be a great play, but if they both happen to play, it could be a loser choice. So I guess I’m left with Pittman. He’s the fill-in for the Rams, and I guess I go with him and keep my fingers crossed?

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks again!

12 person redraft, no PPR, 1 point/25 yards passing, 4pts/passing TD, 1pt/10 yards rushing or receiving, 6pts/TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

My roster: QB P. Manning, Campbell, RB Lynch, Forte, R. Bush, A. Pittman, P. Thomas, J. Norwood, WR R. Wayne, A. Boldin, TE Daniels, PK Folk, Def Cowboys, Ravens, Panthers.

Hi Jeff,As long as you’re offering to field ‘em, I’ll keep hitting you fly balls!I’d love your opinion on my third RB this weekend to go with Lynch and Forte.My choices are Antonio Pittman (StL vs Chi), Reggie Bush (NO vs GB), Pierre Thomas (also NO vs GB), and Jerious Norwood (Atl vs Car). All of these players are at home.My Lineup Dominator lists them for our league as Pittman, Bush, Thomas, and Norwood, and with the exception of Norwood, they are within a couple of points for their projection. Norwood projects to have a tough time with Carolina, and is projected to garner the least points, so I expect that he’s first to eliminate. My thought is then to take Bush out of consideration, with his status not only in doubt, but since it's his first game back, who knows how much he’ll play. However the Saints RB situation also affects my opinion of Thomas. With both Deuce and Reggie in doubt, it could be a great play, but if they both happen to play, it could be a loser choice. So I guess I’m left with Pittman. He’s the fill-in for the Rams, and I guess I go with him and keep my fingers crossed?Am I missing anything here?Thanks again!12 person redraft, no PPR, 1 point/25 yards passing, 4pts/passing TD, 1pt/10 yards rushing or receiving, 6pts/TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DEFMy roster: QB P. Manning, Campbell, RB Lynch, Forte, R. Bush, A. Pittman, P. Thomas, J. Norwood, WR R. Wayne, A. Boldin, TE Daniels, PK Folk, Def Cowboys, Ravens, Panthers.
Norwood is nicked up and will probably be questionable this week. So, this comes down to Pittman versus one of the Saint backs. It is just me, but I am not a fan of Pittman since he does not have much upside. The Rams do not score many TDs overall, much less on the ground. You are right about the Saints splitting carries so much that they are all watered down. I think you have to go with Pittman and hope for the best unless there is news on Saturday about the Saints. Since NO plays on Monday, Saturday practice is one where there will be news since it is the last practice of the week (like Fridays for Sunday games).

Need (1)

Jake @ ATL

SHill @ DAL

Thiggy v BUF

I love Hill this week

Need 2

MTurner v CAR

CJohnson v NYJ

RBush v GB

PHillis v OAK

Johnson and Turner

Need 3

Jennings @ NO

TO v SF

ABryant @ DET

ERoyal v OAK

Cotchery @ TEN

Jennings, TO and Royal .. but Bryant is a good option, too.

TEAM 2

Need 1

Warner v NYG

Rivers v INDY

Warner. Indy has only given up 2 pass TDs all season.

Need 2 -- PLUS 1 FLEX

Barber v SF

LT v INDY

RBush v GB

Slaton @ CLE

Hillis @ ATL

Darby @SF

Barber and LT

Need 3

ERoyal v Oak

RWayne @SD

DJackson @ BAL

Camarillo v NE

Avery v CHI

Gaffney @ MIA

Royal, Wayne and Avery

Need 1

Prater v Oak

Folk v SF

Folk

Need 1

Carolina @ ATL

Ravens v PHI

Vikings @ JAX

Vikings

THANKS JEFF

good luck this week

Hey Jeff,

1 pt per 10 yds offense

10 pt per TD catch/rush

5 pt per TD pass

I didn't see McNabb play, but am considering benching him for Sage due to bad matchup. Or is this a game where he has to throw with Westbrook gimpy?

My second RB is Hillis, but am concerned with the number of carries he will be getting. I did have Kevin Smith in there, but I read he had a groin injury!

Then there is Calvin vs Moss. Santana has a good matchup but is inconsistent. Calvin also mentioned in the injury report.

Looking for some feedback. Thanks again! :unsure:

STARTERS

Rosenfels, Sage QB HOU @CLE

Slaton, Steve RB HOU @CLE

Hillis, Peyton RB DEN OAK

Johnson, Andre WR HOU @CLE

Johnson, Calvin WR DET TB

Witten, Jason TE DAL SF

Gostkowski, Stephen K NE @MIA

Packers DST @NO

BENCH

McNabb, Donovan QB PHI @BAL

Benson, Cedric RB CIN @PIT

McGahee, Willis RB BAL PHI

Smith, Kevin RB DET TB

Thomas, Pierre RB NO GB

Moss, Santana WR WAS @SEA

Hi Jeff,

Trying to lock up 1st in both my leagues (thanks in no small part to you) to avoid having to play the other two goliaths until the finals.

Team 1:

Pick 2 RBs:

Slaton (@CLE)

Jacobs (@ARI)

Westbrook (@BAL)

Stewart (@ATL)

I'm guessing Slaton and Jacobs, but I'm worried about the touches each would get this week. Matchups too good to pass up?

Pick 2 WRs:

AJohnson (@CLE)

ABryant (@DET)

Colston (vs. GB)

Edwards (vs. HOU)

Three good matchups outside of the Colston vs. GB. I really can't decide on which WR to sit.

Team 2:

Pick 2 WRs:

White (vs. CAR)

Wayne (@SD)

RMoss (@MIA)

DeSean Jackson (@BAL)

First two seem no-brainers, but I'm worried if White gets downgraded (he's questionable right now) and just how healthy he is in general.

Thanks Jeff!

PPR League and I need to start one of the following:

L.Coles-I'd been tolerating him but the game last week against NE he just didn't look right to me. I think he's wearing down and he's got a tough matchup.

Rashied Davis-intriguing with Booker being out

Brandon Jones-Does he go back to #3 with McCareins being back? The Jets will probably stop the run and make Collins beat them and Jones has seen a good number of targets the last few weeks.

Jason Hill-Morgan and Battle are out and he and Shaun Hill seem to have some rapport.

Hey Jeff,1 pt per 10 yds offense10 pt per TD catch/rush5 pt per TD passI didn't see McNabb play, but am considering benching him for Sage due to bad matchup. Or is this a game where he has to throw with Westbrook gimpy?My second RB is Hillis, but am concerned with the number of carries he will be getting. I did have Kevin Smith in there, but I read he had a groin injury!Then there is Calvin vs Moss. Santana has a good matchup but is inconsistent. Calvin also mentioned in the injury report.Looking for some feedback. Thanks again! :jawdrop: STARTERSRosenfels, Sage QB HOU @CLE Slaton, Steve RB HOU @CLEHillis, Peyton RB DEN OAK Johnson, Andre WR HOU @CLE Johnson, Calvin WR DET TB Witten, Jason TE DAL SF Gostkowski, Stephen K NE @MIA Packers DST @NO BENCHMcNabb, Donovan QB PHI @BALBenson, Cedric RB CIN @PIT McGahee, Willis RB BAL PHI Smith, Kevin RB DET TB Thomas, Pierre RB NO GB Moss, Santana WR WAS @SEA
I know McNabb could have a big game, but I would lean toward Sage. McNabb has not been playing well of late. At RB, I would go with Hillis. There is one reason. Tampa gives up less than 100 rush yards a game and only .1 TDs while Oakland yields 165 rush yards 1.5 rush tds a game. I like Smith's talent better, but hard to argue with the numbers. At WR, it is very close. I think I would lean toward Calvin ... just on a hunch ... nothing more. Wash has not been playing well and travel all the way to the far NW. Good luck this week.

PPR League and I need to start one of the following:L.Coles-I'd been tolerating him but the game last week against NE he just didn't look right to me. I think he's wearing down and he's got a tough matchup. Rashied Davis-intriguing with Booker being outBrandon Jones-Does he go back to #3 with McCareins being back? The Jets will probably stop the run and make Collins beat them and Jones has seen a good number of targets the last few weeks.Jason Hill-Morgan and Battle are out and he and Shaun Hill seem to have some rapport.
I would avoid Jones just because he is inconsistent. Also, hard to rely on him. I think the only one I would consider other than Coles is Hill. They will be throwing a lot to catch up to Dallas. I would probably roll with Coles. If you are uncomfortable with him, I would go with Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread