What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was at the Bills/Sea game today (1 Viewer)

Parmcat

Canada: Beer, Bacon and Beavers
Just a few random observations from todays game

I know not tooo much was expected form the Seattle offence, but I think it will be very very difficult to run on the Buff D. They persue well, and stuff the hole.

Also the secondary looks very good. It is too bad they lost Crowell, but the rest look tough. Mcgee was a force today against Burleson when he was in the game.

While Royal had a very good stat line, he was only found in checkdowns, and not the primary target. Also, he is not too mobile, and by that, I mean SLOW.

The O line has some work to do, and when Peters returns that will help. Lynch ran hard, and turned a few losses into positive yardage. Fred Jackson spelled Lynch a few times, and looked decent doing it, and could be a good handcuff. I dont believe any other RBs touched the ball

Roscoe Parrish was electric on KRs.

Lee Evans and Edwards seem to be in sync already. They connected a few times for long gains.

Just some random stuff from a fans perspective

Thanks for the post. I was wondering about the Evans / Edwards connecion. I'm wondering if the Bills will be able to open it up enough to get Evans loose deep. This is encouraging today.

Thanks for the post. I was wondering about the Evans / Edwards connecion. I'm wondering if the Bills will be able to open it up enough to get Evans loose deep. This is encouraging today.
Edwards hit Evans in stride a couple of times 20+ yards down field.

Also was at the game. One of the Evans 20+ yarder he had to come back for, Trent doesn't have a strong arm but I expect Evans to have more intermediate routes.

These are the best Shark Pool threads. Watching from home it seemed like the rain was a problem for the passing game in the first half. Did the weather improve throughout the game? Also, would you say Edwards showed good arm strength?

Haven't seen a big fat #### clog the middle for Buffalo since Pat Williams was there, it was nice to see. Strouds stat lines won't show the amount of times he just steamrolled the guard/center into the backfield to force the Seattle RB back about 5 yards behind the line.

Edwards and Lee seem to have found a connection.

Kirk Chambers RG (first career start at RT after sitting out of football all of the 06 season) did an admirable job one on one with Patrick Kerney.

Why did the Rams ever get rid of Bobby April?

The Seattle Special Teams coach was former Bill (Music City Miracle) Bruce DeHaven.

While Royal had a very good stat line, he was only found in checkdowns, and not the primary target. Also, he is not too mobile, and by that, I mean SLOW.
Royal clearly isn't the type of TE that can stretch the middle of the field and pose matchup problems for LBs, but he has excellent hands and he did haul in a 30 yard TD pass. Not sure I'd call that a checkdown. Unless Schouman can force his way into the lineup and fill the Michael Gaines role from last year, I think Royal could wind up with some very nice numbers. Edwards certainly seems to have great chemistry with him (2 TD passes in the Steelers preseason game and then another 1 today).

The Seattle Special Teams coach was former Bill (Music City Miracle) Bruce DeHaven.
Bruce took far too much blame for that play and he was also responsible for most of the great years we had with Tasker and Pike. Definitely one of the best special teams coaches in the league, but that fake FG play today looked like it would have worked on most teams. Also, firing DeHaven brought in the Ronnie Jones era. Possibly the worst assistant coach in Bills history.GB Bobby April. Absolutely love that guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather was not a factor in the second half.

Dline looked really good. Jax has a banged up Oline so they might continue their good run next week. Edwards had a lot of time to throw.

Bruce took far too much blame for that play and he was also responsible for most of the great years we had with Tasker and Pike. Definitely one of the best special teams coaches in the league, but that fake FG play today looked like it would have worked on most teams. Also, firing DeHaven brought in the Ronnie Jones era. Possibly the worst assistant coach in Bills history.GB Bobby April. Absolutely love that guy.
Tasker made Bruce look good. I never saw anything from Bruce in terms of creativity, it seemed he just rode Mark Pike and Steve Taskers wings, but, I'm not an expert on special teams. And he should have taken heat on that kickoff. Should have just kicked it out of bounds, given the bll to the Titans at the 40 and put 8 DBs back. Isn't hindsight beautiful?Still waiting for Pominville.......

Is Peters gonna play next week or are they going to sit him one more game?

I was a little bothered that not one of our rookies played this game. Especially McKelvin and Hardy. They made zero impact.

Royal clearly isn't the type of TE that can stretch the middle of the field and pose matchup problems for LBs, but he has excellent hands and he did haul in a 30 yard TD pass. Not sure I'd call that a checkdown. Unless Schouman can force his way into the lineup and fill the Michael Gaines role from last year, I think Royal could wind up with some very nice numbers. Edwards certainly seems to have great chemistry with him (2 TD passes in the Steelers preseason game and then another 1 today).
Shark move of the week, picked up and started Lindell and Royal in place of injured Watson and (didn't even draft a kicker) in 2 different leagues...Non shark move, benched Burner for LJ. :lmao:

These are the best Shark Pool threads. Watching from home it seemed like the rain was a problem for the passing game in the first half. Did the weather improve throughout the game? Also, would you say Edwards showed good arm strength?
The first quarter, the weather was aweful, and the passing game was non existant. Edwars is no Farve, and it looks like he shotputs the ball downfield sometimes. Seems pretty acurate when the rain and wind settled.

Is Peters gonna play next week or are they going to sit him one more game?I was a little bothered that not one of our rookies played this game. Especially McKelvin and Hardy. They made zero impact.
That's a good thing!!!!! Hardy was in once, Ellis was inactive, and I have no complaints with McGee and Parrish keeping McKelvin on the bench. And Yobouty looked solid in the nickel.

Shark move of the week, picked up and started Lindell and Royal in place of injured Watson and (didn't even draft a kicker) in 2 different leagues...Non shark move, benched Burner for LJ. :unsure:
Shark move and deep deep sleeper......Pick up Denny!!!!

Shark move of the week, picked up and started Lindell and Royal in place of injured Watson and (didn't even draft a kicker) in 2 different leagues...Non shark move, benched Burner for LJ. :unsure:
Shark move and deep deep sleeper......Pick up Denny!!!!
LOLOL. too bad the fake field goal doesn't count in DEF scoring.

Is Peters gonna play next week or are they going to sit him one more game?I was a little bothered that not one of our rookies played this game. Especially McKelvin and Hardy. They made zero impact.
That's a good thing!!!!! Hardy was in once, Ellis was inactive, and I have no complaints with McGee and Parrish keeping McKelvin on the bench. And Yobouty looked solid in the nickel.
Not to me. I'm getting worried that our rookies are too much of projects and they are making me nervous. I would've liked to see some sort of an impact. I'm starting to worry that we spent the 11th pick in the draft on a great KR we didn't need. McKelvin can't cover anyone right now. And are you telling me that Hardy can't beat out Josh Reed? Reed is absolute garbage. Maybe I just have too high of expectations for this rookie class.

Did the fans catch the fake as it was setting up? Or did he really sneak out there?
I was at the other end of the stadium, and total was caught by surprise, as were most sitting around meIf Burleson is out for any length, it could be a long season for Seattle.Momo wasnt that impressive, and Jones wasnt a whole lot better

Not to me. I'm getting worried that our rookies are too much of projects and they are making me nervous. I would've liked to see some sort of an impact. I'm starting to worry that we spent the 11th pick in the draft on a great KR we didn't need. McKelvin can't cover anyone right now. And are you telling me that Hardy can't beat out Josh Reed? Reed is absolute garbage. Maybe I just have too high of expectations for this rookie class.
you just said McKelvin can't cover anyone. so, why do you want them to play him more? It's a good thing that Greer and Youboty are playing this well so the team isn't forced to rush McKelvin out there before he's ready.as for Hardy, he was hurt a lot in the preseason which probably didn't help his development. I'm sure they'll work him in more as the year goes along.tough to find anything to complain about after the best Bills season opener in recent memory.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Mr. Peterson said:
GoBills02 said:
Mr. Peterson said:
you just said McKelvin can't cover anyone. so, why do you want them to play him more? It's a good thing that Greer and Youboty are playing this well so the team isn't forced to rush McKelvin out there before he's ready.as for Hardy, he was hurt a lot in the preseason which probably didn't help his development. I'm sure they'll work him in more as the year goes along.tough to find anything to complain about after the best Bills season opener in recent memory.
31-0.....I was hoping to see them get playing time. That's all. It's discouraging that they didn't even see the field.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Mr. Peterson said:
GoBills02 said:
Mr. Peterson said:
35-0 against the Pats 3 or 4 years ago!!!!! (or was it 31-0??)Oh, and K. Mitchell looked strong, and Posluszny is the real deal!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Stroud a lot & pray he stays healthy. Pressure on the QB up the gut is something we couldn't even do w/ Pat Williams.

K. Mitchell looks like a player too. It's nice to have actual NFL athletes on defense as opposed to just scrappy undersized guys who play hard.

Not sure you can draw many conclusions about the secondary given how awful Seattle was & the 1st half weather, etc.

The OL was the same as last year - good in protection, meh in run blocking.

Edwards wasn't great, although I wish I could ban the next know-nothing who says he has a weak arm.

Seahawks looked so bad today, but we always sleepwalk in 10 am east coast games. Also they aren't very good in season openers. The D played well I thought but the O was just a total mess. We need WR help, I hope branch comes back sooner rather than later and that burleson isn't done for the season. Hass looked out of synch also, and jeb putizer sucks.

Seahawks looked so bad today, but we always sleepwalk in 10 am east coast games. Also they aren't very good in season openers. The D played well I thought but the O was just a total mess. We need WR help, I hope branch comes back sooner rather than later and that burleson isn't done for the season. Hass looked out of synch also, and jeb putizer sucks.
When do the Seahawks fly in for East coast games? Given the fact that they use this an excuse, or at least some fans, wouldn't you do something to try to change this? I'm not fishomg here, just wondering of it's against rules to fly in a day earlier to get accustomed to the time change.31-0...I can still picture Sam Adams running own the sideline holding the ball like a KR.

Looks like Jordan Kent got 5 targets in the 4th quarter:

2-16-SEA 36 (10:48) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short middle to 82-J.Kent (99-M.Stroud, 51-P.Posluszny). Pass tipped at line, then nearly intercepted downfield.3-16-SEA 36 (10:43) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete deep middle to 82-J.Kent [94-A.Schobel]. Overthrown, receiver at BUF 43. 1-10-BUF 19 (5:34) (Shotgun) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete deep left to 82-J.Kent. Overthrown, receiver in coverage in rear left corner of end zone. 1-7-BUF 7 (4:56) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short left to 82-J.Kent (33-J.Greer). Receiver and coverage 5 yds. into end zone. 4-3-BUF 3 (4:07) (Shotgun) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short middle to 82-J.Kent. Through receiver's hands, 2 yds. into end zone.
Did he look like he belonged out there? Did the last target really go right through his hands?

Looks like Jordan Kent got 5 targets in the 4th quarter:

2-16-SEA 36 (10:48) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short middle to 82-J.Kent (99-M.Stroud, 51-P.Posluszny). Pass tipped at line, then nearly intercepted downfield.3-16-SEA 36 (10:43) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete deep middle to 82-J.Kent [94-A.Schobel]. Overthrown, receiver at BUF 43. 1-10-BUF 19 (5:34) (Shotgun) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete deep left to 82-J.Kent. Overthrown, receiver in coverage in rear left corner of end zone. 1-7-BUF 7 (4:56) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short left to 82-J.Kent (33-J.Greer). Receiver and coverage 5 yds. into end zone. 4-3-BUF 3 (4:07) (Shotgun) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short middle to 82-J.Kent. Through receiver's hands, 2 yds. into end zone.
Did he look like he belonged out there? Did the last target really go right through his hands?
None of those Seattle WR's looked like they belonged.

Users who are viewing this thread