What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WAY Back - How We Started (1 Viewer)

Oh wow, cheetsheets.net! What was the date on this? I was there from the beginning...although I don't remember how I found you. Who knows how I found anything in those days. Good times.

Also, Fanex, I had been wondering just recently if they still existed. I see they do! Tony Holm, there's a blast (name) from past.

Oh wow, cheetsheets.net! What was the date on this? I was there from the beginning...although I don't remember how I found you. Who knows how I found anything in those days. Good times.

Also, Fanex, I had been wondering just recently if they still existed. I see they do! Tony Holm, there's a blast (name) from past.

This was 2000. That's a long time ago period. But forever ago in internet years.

My God! How much of my life have I spent here?
Exactly. But loving every minute (year) of it, though.
Ole Yeller was absolutely an unfair advantage over our league mates still drafting from magazine.
I wouldn’t say it was unfair. It rewarded those of us who did their homework way before there was Twitter and a gazillion other social media sources that spoon fed everyone.

Good times - thanks for the memories 👍

Ole Yeller was absolutely an unfair advantage over our league mates still drafting from magazine.
I wouldn’t say it was unfair. It rewarded those of us who did their homework way before there was Twitter and a gazillion other social media sources that spoon fed everyone.

It’s almost impossible to overstate the advantage good fantasy sites like FBG gave you back then. And then how much of an advantage the concept of VBD gave you over other guys who used the internet for several years.

The power of the internet and fantasy forums caused a mid-season rule change in my league (which was total BS). Back in the day, you didn’t have Sunday Ticket, or a constant news scroller at the bottom of the screen. At halftime you might get some updates on other games and find out about some injuries or breakouts, but if you just watched whatever game your local network was showing you really didn’t get much info on what was going on in other games. My league had a first come first serve free agency wire that was open all the time. And thanks to fantasy football forums, I was able to capitalize on injuries again and again simply because I had the info right away. The league changed to a rolling waiver wire in the middle of the season that froze all pickups from game start to Wednesday morning because I had such a huge advantage over everyone else, lol.

Whatever. If I had used my powers for good Elon Musk would be my golf caddy by now.

Users who are viewing this thread