What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wayward Pines (1 Viewer)

Im intrigued enough to stick around.

Although I'm pretty disappointed Juliette Lewis is already done

#### just got reaaal interesting.
:goodposting: Knew there would be a twist, or maybe 20.. Was GREAT to see the Sheriff go down.. Power had gone to his head..

Will be interesting to see who takes over that role now.. and of course to find out what was making the sounds. :popcorn:

I'll continue to watch it, but honestly i feel the opposite of you guys. I was disappointed at the direction it might be heading after the ending.

I like crazy weird #### as long as it can get wrapped up in a satisfactory way. I'm in until the #### it up. A 10 episode season has me feeling more optimistic than if it were looking to go multi-season.

I like crazy weird #### as long as it can get wrapped up in a satisfactory way. I'm in until the #### it up. A 10 episode season has me feeling more optimistic than if it were looking to go multi-season.
:goodposting:

at least I hope they wrap it up in 10 episodes..

I haven't read the books, but did see there is a "Trilogy" and not sure if this is meant to be "Book 1" or all 3 in 10 episodes??

I'm loving these new "Only this many episode" shows.. Fargo was GREAT, and I can't wait for the new Fargo season/episodes. :popcorn:

Frostillicus said:
Exactly.

Will be interesting to see who takes over that role now.. and of course to find out what was making the sounds. :popcorn:
I kind of get the feeling that the town recruited Burke to be the new sheriff, that's why the sheriff felt threatened. Who knows.

I thought this was too Lost-like after the first episode, but after the last two I'm in for the long haul.

If the whole town is surrounded by a fence, how do people drive in?

Or maybe they create the accident before you get to the town and then bring you in while unconscious?

Wonder what that new ice cream flavor was. That dude sure loved ice cream.

like it so far. would love to find out where that subdivision is as that house rocks. whenever I see a place that I like and search it, it usually comes up in British Columbia Canada and this is no different. just cant find exact on it.

steelerfan1 said:
like it so far. would love to find out where that subdivision is as that house rocks. whenever I see a place that I like and search it, it usually comes up in British Columbia Canada and this is no different. just cant find exact on it.
What's all this now?

Still in. Not for the house stalking or whatever is going on there, but for the show. Still crazy, but still holding my interest.

steelerfan1 said:
What's all this now?
disregard, I think out loud sometimes. carry on

we're 4 in.

I like that at this point, Dillon is basically in a "#### it" state, and just says whatever. I wasn't liking him and other characters not asking the obvious questions (ala Lost). I'm hopeful that it's all wrapped up after the 10 episodes. stretching this out further would become goofy.

So this Pilcher guy can engage in time travel. He was outside the Secret Service office in 2014. If he can do it, others should be able to do it. A bunch of problems could be solved. Or maybe I am totally mistaken.

So this Pilcher guy can engage in time travel. He was outside the Secret Service office in 2014. If he can do it, others should be able to do it. A bunch of problems could be solved. Or maybe I am totally mistaken.
I'm thinking any of the present day stuff is "flashback" type scenes. They're not running concurrent to the actual show. But who the hell really knows? There are so many questions.

Like how did Burke climb right over the fence but the Abbys can't climb in?

I'm thinking any of the present day stuff is "flashback" type scenes. They're not running concurrent to the actual show. But who the hell really knows? There are so many questions. Like how did Burke climb right over the fence but the Abbys can't climb in?
Not just Pilcher but also Sheriff Pope existed in both 2014 and 4028. He caused Burke's wife and son to crash in 2014 after he just did some 4028 activities.

I'm thinking any of the present day stuff is "flashback" type scenes. They're not running concurrent to the actual show. But who the hell really knows? There are so many questions. Like how did Burke climb right over the fence but the Abbys can't climb in?
Not just Pilcher but also Sheriff Pope existed in both 2014 and 4028. He caused Burke's wife and son to crash in 2014 after he just did some 4028 activities.
For now I'll assume that's just how we saw it. Did he say or do anything that would indicate otherwise?

For now I'll assume that's just how we saw it. Did he say or do anything that would indicate otherwise?
No.

FUBAR said:
Fariq said:
RBM said:
Fariq said:
What that said to me was that Pope was in on the recruiting. The nurse is as well.

Just started watching this show on Hulu last week and am digging it so far. Not bad for summer programming.

Stick a fork in it.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wayward-pines-no-season-two-for-fox-tv-show-27485/

Though there was talk that the Wayward Pines TV series could return for a second season, FOX seems to have killed that idea. The network has revealed that next week’s installment will be the last one — the series finale.

On Wayward Pines, Secret Service Agent Ethan Burke (Matt Dillon) drives to the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, in search of two missing federal agents. One was a former partner and they once had an affair. A truck slams into his car, he wakes up in the local hospital, and things start to get really strange. The cast of this thriller series also includes Howard, Melissa Leo, Carla Gugino, Toby Jones, Shannyn Sossamon, Charlie Tahan, Reed Diamond, Juliette Lewis, and Tim Griffin.

The series is currently FOX’s second-best performer of the summer, beating out shows like So You Think You Can Dance, Bullseye, Boom!, Are You Smarter Tahn a 5th Grader?, and animated Golan the Insatiable. Wayward Pines is averaging a 1.09 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.79 million viewers.

Based on the season’s performance, FOX execs were considering renewing the show for another year — most likely with a different cast and characters in the same mixed-up world. However, last night’s promo clearly notes that next week’s episode marks the end of the show. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbJaukZVCW0

For what it’s worth, back in January executive producer M. Night Shyamalan was open to a second season but was cautiously optimistic. He said, “If the opportunity is there. We won’t do it unless it’s organically and creatively correct.”

Executive producer and showrunner Chad Hodge recently told TVLine, “The promise that we’ve been making — which is that there’s a beginning, middle and end in these 10 episodes — is a real promise and we deliver on it. Could there be a possibility of a Season 2? Sure, of course, and you’ll see a window to that, but it also is a complete ending as it is.”

Next week is the finale? Safe to say this isn't going to wrap up in any kind of satisfactory way.
I think the end of this weeks episode showed a clear path to a "warp up" so to speak..

Most of the town now is aware of where they really are and the way of the past is gone..

So either they all die when the humanoids rush the town and the professor prepares to start over with those in the cocoons..

or

They work together as a community to kill the humanoids that get in, kill the professor and release all those in cocoons to build a stronger community..

Either one seems like a good outcome based on how this week ended :shrug:

Question I asked earlier but I don't think anyone responded..

Has anyone read the book and if so how closely does it relate to the show?

I am assuming since they planned this with a start, middle & finish in one season that the ending next week will be how the book ends..

But I don't want to read it if there is a slight chance Netflix or someone pickups it up for a Season 2 because the story continues..

Last edited by a moderator:
EVERY TIME I see this thread bumped I think for a second there is Gravity Falls news coming. :DipperPines:

Stick a fork in it.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wayward-pines-no-season-two-for-fox-tv-show-27485/

Though there was talk that the Wayward Pines TV series could return for a second season, FOX seems to have killed that idea. The network has revealed that next week’s installment will be the last one — the series finale.

On Wayward Pines, Secret Service Agent Ethan Burke (Matt Dillon) drives to the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, in search of two missing federal agents. One was a former partner and they once had an affair. A truck slams into his car, he wakes up in the local hospital, and things start to get really strange. The cast of this thriller series also includes Howard, Melissa Leo, Carla Gugino, Toby Jones, Shannyn Sossamon, Charlie Tahan, Reed Diamond, Juliette Lewis, and Tim Griffin.

The series is currently FOX’s second-best performer of the summer, beating out shows like So You Think You Can Dance, Bullseye, Boom!, Are You Smarter Tahn a 5th Grader?, and animated Golan the Insatiable. Wayward Pines is averaging a 1.09 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.79 million viewers.

Based on the season’s performance, FOX execs were considering renewing the show for another year — most likely with a different cast and characters in the same mixed-up world. However, last night’s promo clearly notes that next week’s episode marks the end of the show. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbJaukZVCW0

For what it’s worth, back in January executive producer M. Night Shyamalan was open to a second season but was cautiously optimistic. He said, “If the opportunity is there. We won’t do it unless it’s organically and creatively correct.”

Executive producer and showrunner Chad Hodge recently told TVLine, “The promise that we’ve been making — which is that there’s a beginning, middle and end in these 10 episodes — is a real promise and we deliver on it. Could there be a possibility of a Season 2? Sure, of course, and you’ll see a window to that, but it also is a complete ending as it is.”
Next week is the finale? Safe to say this isn't going to wrap up in any kind of satisfactory way.
:shrug: there are a lot of unanswered questions. We can fill in the blanks, but not in a real satisfying way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the Finale episode up to what I thought was a good ending.. Elevator explosion with the :shock: death and then the 2 adversaries meeting to make Wayward Pines work.. Thought that would be a great way to end it. :thumbup:

Didn't really care for the "wake up, you've been asleep for 4 years and things have changed".. just felt it was a Heavily handed way for the director/producers to try and get a 2nd season rather then add anything to this season.

All and All.. glad I watched it from the start and will probably re-watch it if it shows up on Netflix.. :thumbup:

Loved the Finale episode up to what I thought was a good ending.. Elevator explosion with the :shock: death and then the 2 adversaries meeting to make Wayward Pines work.. Thought that would be a great way to end it. :thumbup:

Didn't really care for the "wake up, you've been asleep for 4 years and things have changed".. just felt it was a Heavily handed way for the director/producers to try and get a 2nd season rather then add anything to this season.

All and All.. glad I watched it from the start and will probably re-watch it if it shows up on Netflix.. :thumbup:
Elevator - was it surprising? Seemed somewhat obvious a few minutes before it happened. son getting knocked out was surprising. Agreed on the females getting together.

yeah - the wake up was the part I found disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread