What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wayward Pines (1 Viewer)

Loved the Finale episode up to what I thought was a good ending.. Elevator explosion with the :shock: death and then the 2 adversaries meeting to make Wayward Pines work.. Thought that would be a great way to end it. :thumbup:

Didn't really care for the "wake up, you've been asleep for 4 years and things have changed".. just felt it was a Heavily handed way for the director/producers to try and get a 2nd season rather then add anything to this season.

All and All.. glad I watched it from the start and will probably re-watch it if it shows up on Netflix.. :thumbup:
Elevator - was it surprising? Seemed somewhat obvious a few minutes before it happened. son getting knocked out was surprising. Agreed on the females getting together.

yeah - the wake up was the part I found disappointing.
Agree on the bold part.. Just was saying that going into the episode, and for the first 30+ minutes, I didn't see it coming.

Until everyone else left the elevator I thought for sure one of his women would take the fall.

Just was :oldunsure: which one it would be..

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed it. Hoping it was the series finale. I don't think I could watch another season with the kid being the lead.
Me too. For myself, I don't have a problem with open-ended finales.That said.........If they flip and DO make a second season, I'll go along for the ride for awhile.

I thought, of all of the main characters, Ethan was by far the least interesting. Part of it is I don't think Dillon has a lot of range as an actor. But, mostly, I'm pretty "meh" on the "taciturn, damaged hero" trope. So, while I don't think he's the greatest actor, he was probably perfect for the role as written.

I loved the series. Biggest complaint was Dillon. His acting just was bad. I mean he had zero emotion the entire series. The abbys are coming and he calmly says, "We need to get everyone down the street." His wife says I am going to go get our son and he like, "Okay, you do that," It was painful.

I would watch a season 2, but it kind of cheapens the whole show. I mean, knowing there was an end, made it that much better rather than a cliffhanger finale episode and we wait 5 months for the series to begin again.

Crappy ending, but I guess it had been put in for a possible season 2 transition. Other than that, I was pretty satisfied with everything. Hated the kid, so I'm not sure I would have wanted to follow him around in a season 2 anyway. My guess is the story would have been that the surviving First Generation defeated the surviving adults and set things back up the old way (with that crazy kid as sheriff) with Group C.

I like that the students took over and it ended the way it did, but I just wish the finale had another hour to at least show us in some way how it came about.

Good show. Glad I watched it.

One of worst wastes of premise I've ever seen. I liked the show but man, could've been so much better.

It seems like they just threw the ending together or cut out like 5 episodes in between. Such a shame. It went from interesting to crap in a flash,

I barely made it through the first season so I'll let the FFA decide if I watch a second.

Not looking good so far.

Can't believe this was given a 2nd season.  Its on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet.  So far it doesn't sound promising.

I thought the first season ended better than it began. Maybe that will be the case again because it started out pretty meh.

3C's said:
I thought the first season ended better than it began. Maybe that will be the case again because it started out pretty meh.
I agree with this.  Haven't watched the S2 premier yet, but am shocked this show is even back.

What's with the Nazi and Hitler look? Are they that afraid we couldn't figure out which ones were the bad guys otherwise?
yeah- strange, that one of the things stored away as useful for 2000 years later to help preserve the human race are fascist uniforms.

looking like matt dillon's kid is going to figure out the m.o. of the d/evolved humans outside the wall. that could be interesting... or probably not.

I thought the kid was the most annoying part of season one. 

S2 premiere was nothing great, but nothing terrible. Much like season one IMO. 

I thought the kid was the most annoying part of season one. 

S2 premiere was nothing great, but nothing terrible. Much like season one IMO. 
wife and I watched the s2 premiere, and she commented on how much I hated that kid in season 1. I didn't remember a thing until I saw his face... and then I knew.

Its cool that...lets say non-traditional Hollywood looks... can get a job. That being said, he has a face you just want to punch. 

I'm enjoying the new season. Hadn't planned to come back when I saw the kids would be running everything. And sure enough, they are about as annoying as I expected. But enjoying the story with the Abbies not just being mindless animals, but rather as a displaced people wanting their home back.

I've recorded the season but haven't watched since the first show this season. On a scale of 1 (delete now burn your dvr) to 10 (stop binge watching breaking bad to watch it) how would you rate the season? 

This season started off kind of bad and looked like it would be canceled (still might) or we'd drop it but the path they've taken recently has it trending up.

This season started off kind of bad and looked like it would be canceled (still might) or we'd drop it but the path they've taken recently has it trending up.
I feel like both seasons started really slow, and trend upwards as the season progresses.  I did not really care much for the first 3-4 episodes this season, but it is now getting interesting.  As for FUBAR's sliding scale request, I think johnnyrock's assessment is correct.  The show is a 6, but has some really good moments mixed in.

I feel like both seasons started really slow, and trend upwards as the season progresses.  I did not really care much for the first 3-4 episodes this season, but it is now getting interesting.  As for FUBAR's sliding scale request, I think johnnyrock's assessment is correct.  The show is a 6, but has some really good moments mixed in.
Pretty good assessment here. I'd say the same. Started off thinking I'd be stopping soon, then it got good.

And then there's this episode, where we spend 40 minutes watching the abby go woods, town, woods, town, shot, dying. I didn't get it.

Big finale tonight.  Any predictions?  Everyone dies?  I hope there is no season 3 coming next year.
everyone dies would be good.

the wife is convinced that the hunter/farmer guy in wayward pines that had to wake up every 20 years to take care of things is the dad of the abby alpha girl. not sure if that matters or not.

Last week did we see that the girl that the leader is sleeping with is actually his own mom?  I don't really pay attention when watching but thought that might have happened.

Last week did we see that the girl that the leader is sleeping with is actually his own mom?  I don't really pay attention when watching but thought that might have happened.
lol... yeah. had already forgotten all about that. pretty strange and seemingly unnecessary twist

the wife is convinced that the hunter/farmer guy in wayward pines that had to wake up every 20 years to take care of things is the dad of the abby alpha girl. not sure if that matters or not.
Interesting theory. But unless she's way older than she looks, it seems a bit far fetched. Timeline doesn't seem to add up.

Interesting theory. But unless she's way older than she looks, it seems a bit far fetched. Timeline doesn't seem to add up.
:confused:

eta: she looks like she's in her 20s... WP is something like 4 or 5 years old? he wakes up every 20 years... wala.

:confused:

eta: she looks like she's in her 20s... WP is something like 4 or 5 years old? he wakes up every 20 years... wala.
Unless I'm mistaken (and that is possible), WP is like 16 years old. I think that was even stated in the last episode or two. Look at the age of the now dead leader. He was awakened there as a newborn infant. The town has been around much, much longer than 4 or 5 years.

Edit: Actually at least 18 years old according to this.

Users who are viewing this thread