What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weather ALERT: Ike has ticket for Cle-Pitt (1 Viewer)

I am not sure what to do with Lewis in this particular instance. He usually is pretty awful against Pit, but given the conditions, it seems like it has the potential to play in his favor.

I hesitate with the QB's/WR's in the winds that are similar to what they are calling for here, but tend to think that RB's will get lots of carries but with a lot of 8 in the box defenses.

Hate to sit Ben and Ward, but considering the weather I've got my finger on the trigger to start Rivers and Harrison instead. I know you don't care about my team, but any opinions/comments would be appreciated. TIA

Hate to sit Ben and Ward, but considering the weather I've got my finger on the trigger to start Rivers and Harrison instead. I know you don't care about my team, but any opinions/comments would be appreciated. TIA
If it were me, I'd go with Rivers and Harrison.

Same boat. I have switched BB and Rivers 3 times in the lineup already. Probably will again before the late game starts. Right now it's Rivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
spitkickers said:
RamMan said:
Same boat. I have switched BB and Rivers 3 times in the lineup already. Probably will again before the late game starts. Right now it's Rivers.
I suppose it depends on how much risk you're willing to take today. I've already got CJ3 in my lineup over Lynch which was supposed to be my big "roll of the dice" this week. Therefore, I can't also risk a crappy game from my QB and WR spot. I'm going Rivers and Harrison and be done with it. Good luck to all.

The wind is what has me considering lineup changes, seeing as how I have Holmes (and Braylon). The rain doesn't concern me so much, but 26+ MPH winds are no joke. If the deep ball wasn't such a big part of Holmes' game, I would be less hesitant to sit him. But I'm going with Driver (not that anyone really cares). I can't imagine Pittsburgh will need to throw that much given the state of Cleveland's defense.

Cincy forecast:

Very windy with showers and thundershowers likely. ISOLATED TORNADOES POSSIBLE. :confused: High 88F. S winds at 20 to 30 mph, increasing to 35 to 50 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

They just showed the fans in the stands in the Cincy-TN game. The wind was blowing fairly hard. Any Cleveland homers have a weather update?

Wind warning till midnight. Gusts up to 65 mph. Never been to the Cleveland stadium. How well is it protected from the wind?

Cloudy. Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms his evening...precipitation ending after midnight. Very windy with lows in the lower 60s. Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph. Winds becoming west 20 to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent. (weatherunderground.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to this thread. I benched Derek Anderson at the last minute and started Rivers. That has worked out quite well for me!

I talked about 30 minutes ago to a friend in Cleveland. He said it was warm and the winds were currently up to 60 mph, and he thought power would go out soon.

Raider Nation said:
They showed the players on the field a few times. It looked like a beautiful night, thought I didn't see any flags.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I expected it to look a little worse than it did. Who knows, maybe it is really windy.

I live 15 miles west of cleveland and the last measured wind gust was 43mph and now there is a driving rain moving through...

Those benching Holmes will regret it.Wind: Ben's arm is strong enough for any weather.Rain: One DB stumbles on a quick slant, and Santonio is gone for 80 yards.Start him with confidence.
See my worry isn't the wind here, it's the fact that the Steelers ran the ball all over the place last week and Holmes got few looks. If they go to Ward like they did last week and Willie and company go off - Holmes may have another down week.
15.4 points in my league (PPR)... way better than even I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread