What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weather For KC/BUF. (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Looking a little iffy per reports below.

Anyone making adjustments?

Could slow things down a bit. More running. Maybe kicker issues. 

I may kick Butker to the curb.

Fantasy Football Weather Guys

@FFWeatherGuys

CODE RED: The Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs #SNF game tonight now falls in our "Extreme" criteria, where heavy rainfall will likely impact player production. 0.37" of rainfall is now expected to fall during the game, which will make conditions very difficult for players.

: BUF @ KCC - 

There's going to be some heavy rain and potential t-storms in KC tonight. Latest models have actually moved up the timing so that the heaviest may arrive early, but regardless of exact arrival time, we'll see rain in this game, potentially for the majority of the game. This won't fully ground there high-powered offenses in the game with the highest total of the week (by a lot), but it could lead to a slower game with a bit more of a focus on the ground game.

I’m less concerned with rain than I am wind. Strong winds are always a cause for concern, rain not as much.

I doubt this changes much of either team’s game plan. Can’t see the Bills turning into a ground and pound team. If anything, this might change my opinion on the ancillary pieces of both offenses (like you mentioned, Butker, and maybe makes me give Manny Sanders a second look) but otherwise I wouldn’t let this interfere with the calls on top players. 

I’m less concerned with rain than I am wind. Strong winds are always a cause for concern, rain not as much.

I doubt this changes much of either team’s game plan. Can’t see the Bills turning into a ground and pound team. If anything, this might change my opinion on the ancillary pieces of both offenses (like you mentioned, Butker, and maybe makes me give Manny Sanders a second look) but otherwise I wouldn’t let this interfere with the calls on top players. 
I appreciate this post.  I think I’m basically the prime example of what you describe. I have no choice but to start Mahomes. However—I do have a choice between starting AJ Green, Damien Harris and Zach Moss in one of my flex spots—which definitely falls in your “ancillary” pieces.   I’ll probably go with Harris

Damn. I'll be at the game tonight. I was hoping the rain was going to hold off until after it was over or at least until late in the 4th quarter. I'm a fair weather in person football fan. Anyone wanna buy two tickets. 

@kyoun1e, thank you for this. Looking like a real toad-strangler tonight. Seems ironic that I would sit a guy named "Bass" in such conditions, but I think I'll "stream" another PK this week. 😋

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Yeah, first reply is where I'm at. It's wind I'd be concerned about in terms of the passing game. I'd probably switch out any kickers that I have as well, but I don't think I'd be majorly downgrading Mahomes/Allen/receivers on account of a bit of rain

Yeah, first reply is where I'm at. It's wind I'd be concerned about in terms of the passing game. I'd probably switch out any kickers that I have as well, but I don't think I'd be majorly downgrading Mahomes/Allen/receivers on account of a bit of rain

Agreed... on bit of rain... local forecasts saying heavy rain tonight (2-3 inches total expected). Can't bench studs, but probably lower expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread