What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weather in Buffalo (1 Viewer)

KyleBasa

Footballguy
According to the Weather Channel...

Mostly cloudy and windy with rain showers in the morning. Morning high of 53F with temps falling to near 35F. Winds SW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Cassel proved he could throw in the snow - how about the wind???

No one can throw a pass over 10 yards in winds that high. It's going to be ugly and definately sucks for the Pats as they have the superior passing game.

No one can throw a pass over 10 yards in winds that high. It's going to be ugly and definately sucks for the Pats as they have the superior passing game.
Pats rank 10th in passing yards . . . but some will be surprised to learn they rank 7th in rushing yards. (Bills rank 18th and 15th.)

Pats rank 10th in passing yards . . . but some will be surprised to learn they rank 7th in rushing yards. (Bills rank 18th and 15th.)
That's what I was coming here to post. They run the ball very well.

Yep. The Patriots are very effective at running the ball. I don't think their running game has been shut down all year. They were even able to run it on the Steelers. The Patriots really have an epic offense. They want to be pass-first, but I don't doubt they will be able to run it if forced by the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering benching Cassel for Schaub due to the wind in Buffalo. Of course, I do tend to overthink things.

The NFL Network was showing shots in Buffalo -- The wind is ferocious today. The goalposts were swaying like crazy.

I saw a shot of a team bench being blown across the field by 40 MPH+ winds.

Here's the NWS forecast.

Rain showers likely before noon, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Very windy, with a west wind 38 to 41 mph decreasing to between 30 and 33 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

Also, from the High Wind Warning:

A SHARP COLD FRONT CROSSING WESTERN NEW YORK THIS MORNING WILL PRODUCE WIND GUSTS TO NEAR 70 MPH. THIS COLD FRONT WILL MOVE FROM THE NIAGARA FRONTIER AND THE BUFFALO AREA AT 830 AM TO THE

ROCHESTER AREA SHORTLY AFTER 9 AM. THIS WILL RESULT IN DOWNED TREE LIMBS...POWER OUTAGES...AND MINOR STRUCTURAL DAMAGE TO BUILDINGS.

BEHIND THE COLD FRONT SOUTHWEST WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED. THERE WILL BE FREQUENT GUSTS OF 50 TO 55 MPH FROM THIS MORNING THROUGH LATE AFTERNOON WITH A FEW DAMAGING GUSTS TO AROUND

60 MPH LIKELY

Quite a situation.

In any event, the teams will still have to throw the ball - probably favors Welker over Moss though.

The NFL Network was showing shots in Buffalo -- The wind is ferocious today. The goalposts were swaying like crazy.
Swaying? They were BENT at 20-30 degrees - and in DIFFERENT directions at either end zone. INSANE.The reporter said that the team bench had to be tucked back because the bench blew 40 yards down the middle of the field.If you have anyone in this passing game I would be VERY worried.

Sounds like there's a possibility that the game gets postponed. According to Schefter, Goodell is reviewing the situation.

the weather was terrible in foxboro last week so i benched cassel. now i read about today's weather in buff. i'm all messed up now.

are there any links regarding "game getting delayed / postponed" talk like i read in the prev. post?

Swaying? They were BENT at 20-30 degrees - and in DIFFERENT directions at either end zone. INSANE.The reporter said that the team bench had to be tucked back because the bench blew 40 yards down the middle of the field.

If you have anyone in this passing game I would be VERY worried.
I saw this on NFL GameDay Morning on the NFL Network. Definitely strange to see the goalposts bent like that.

I saw a shot of a team bench being blown across the field by 40 MPH+ winds.

Here's the NWS forecast.

Rain showers likely before noon, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Very windy, with a west wind 38 to 41 mph decreasing to between 30 and 33 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

Also, from the High Wind Warning:

A SHARP COLD FRONT CROSSING WESTERN NEW YORK THIS MORNING WILL PRODUCE WIND GUSTS TO NEAR 70 MPH. THIS COLD FRONT WILL MOVE FROM THE NIAGARA FRONTIER AND THE BUFFALO AREA AT 830 AM TO THE

ROCHESTER AREA SHORTLY AFTER 9 AM. THIS WILL RESULT IN DOWNED TREE LIMBS...POWER OUTAGES...AND MINOR STRUCTURAL DAMAGE TO BUILDINGS.

BEHIND THE COLD FRONT SOUTHWEST WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED. THERE WILL BE FREQUENT GUSTS OF 50 TO 55 MPH FROM THIS MORNING THROUGH LATE AFTERNOON WITH A FEW DAMAGING GUSTS TO AROUND

60 MPH LIKELY
not much diff but here's the NWS link specific to Orchard Park.http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?C...Field2=-78.7458

Today: A chance of rain showers before noon, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Very windy, with a west wind between 31 and 41 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tonight: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Breezy, with a west wind 22 to 25 mph decreasing to between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

the weather was terrible in foxboro last week so i benched cassel. now i read about today's weather in buff. i'm all messed up now.are there any links regarding "game getting delayed / postponed" talk like i read in the prev. post?
Schefter is talking about the league possibly DELAYING the game on NFL-N.

the weather was terrible in foxboro last week so i benched cassel. now i read about today's weather in buff. i'm all messed up now.are there any links regarding "game getting delayed / postponed" talk like i read in the prev. post?
Schefter is talking about the league possibly DELAYING the game on NFL-N.
Scott Hanson just reported that Schefter has confirmed the game will start on time barring any other set back

Would be appreciated if locals could update this thread from time to time. TIA.
I live about 30 minutes from Buffalo and the wind is a steady 30 to 40 mph and the gusts are really strong here. I don't usually worry about the weather, but I had a hard time walking my dog( it's raining pretty good here also). I have on the Buffalo weather on right now and the reported a gust of 73mph at the buffalo airport within the hour. We are under a high wind warning until 9pm tonight. Hope this helps, good luck.

Just got a txt message from my sister who is at Orchard Park and she said the wind is so strong that the van they are in just had its window smashed from flying debris in the parking lot. They said it feels like a hurricane and the Fieldhouse roof just tore off. Insane...my suggestion to anyone with QBs or Wrs in this game, bench them.

Just got a txt message from my sister who is at Orchard Park and she said the wind is so strong that the van they are in just had its window smashed from flying debris in the parking lot. They said it feels like a hurricane and the Fieldhouse roof just tore off. Insane...my suggestion to anyone with QBs or Wrs in this game, bench them.
2 guys in my league are at the game, just called and said the fieldhouse is a mess( one goal post completely over). They also said they were fixing the goalposts on the field( bent sideways). They have season tickets, and said they have never seen winds like this.

Users who are viewing this thread