What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 01 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Pick Three:
Chase Edmonds vs NEP
Travis Eitenne vs WAS
Brandon Aiyuk vs CHI
DJ Moore vs CLE
Rashod Bateman vs NYJ

I'm thinking Moore & Eitenne but do I go Edmonds or Bateman?

Pick Three:
Chase Edmonds vs NEP
Travis Eitenne vs WAS
Brandon Aiyuk vs CHI
DJ Moore vs CLE
Rashod Bateman vs NYJ

I'm thinking Moore & Eitenne but do I go Edmonds or Bateman?
Moore & ETN should be must starts on where you drafted them.

Coin flip between Aiyuk & Bateman.

No bad choices here.

Need 2 RB's from this group. Full PPR.

Nick Chubb at Panthers
AJ Dillon at Vikings
Chase Edmonds home vs Patriots
Tony Pollard home vs Buccaneers
Rhamondre Stevenson at Dolphins

BTW, thanks for doing this again this year - appreciated your insights last season!

Need 2 RB's from this group. Full PPR.

Nick Chubb at Panthers
AJ Dillon at Vikings
Chase Edmonds home vs Patriots
Tony Pollard home vs Buccaneers
Rhamondre Stevenson at Dolphins

BTW, thanks for doing this again this year - appreciated your insights last season!
I'm thinking any 2 of those first 3. The others would not be bad plays either. But I think the first 3 are more reliable.

I need a flex and my options are:
Amon Ra St Brown v Phili
Hunter Renvrow @ Chargers
Elijah Mitchell @ Chicago
Nyheim Hines @ Houston
Shocked that ARSB and Renfrow aren't already in the starting lineup in a PPR. The top three (Mitchell included) should all be started in a PPR in most cases. You must have an embarrassment of riches. Good on you.
I hate my team.

But I always hate my team.
I should report you for being a hater.

400-team, 2-player rosters, lineup is just 1 super-superflex, π PPR, and you lose a finger (your choice) for any penalty called against your player

Jason Meyers vs DEN or Marcedes Lewis vs MIN
Serious responses only, please, this is our championship week 😬😬

Ok, I’ve got one:

PPR flex;
Breece Hall who might be the Jets RB2, or Brandon Aiyuk in the rain at Chicago?

Doesn't really seem like a dilemma. My personal mantra is to not worry about weather unless the wind is above 17 mph. 60% chance of rain and 12 mph shouldn't be too much cause for concern.

You can start worrying now @Hot Sauce Guy

The forecast for the next 49ers @ Bears game has deteriorated, now with rain and 20mph winds. This game is now flagged as an "Extreme" with credible weather-impact risk on player production.

Ok, I’ve got one:

PPR flex;
Breece Hall who might be the Jets RB2, or Brandon Aiyuk in the rain at Chicago?

Doesn't really seem like a dilemma. My personal mantra is to not worry about weather unless the wind is above 17 mph. 60% chance of rain and 12 mph shouldn't be too much cause for concern.

You can start worrying now @Hot Sauce Guy

The forecast for the next 49ers @ Bears game has deteriorated, now with rain and 20mph winds. This game is now flagged as an "Extreme" with credible weather-impact risk on player production.

Great - I have Lance going in SF, too. :wall:

Swapped out Aiyuk for Hall.

Here’s hoping the Jets 1. Use him, 2 don’t get blown out by the Ravens, 3. Get him a short TD or 3.
:(

What a delight - I have Fields & Kmet in that game, too. :wall:

Given the weather....1/2 ppr

Deebo
Pierce
E. Moore
or Toney

Pick 1 of those?

Deebo all day.

I don't care how bad the weather is, mans still gonna be capable of catching a screen or running a sweep.
It's the weather + Lance that worries me. He might take a screen pass to the house but I can also see 2 catches for 10 yards

I am leaning Deebo but Pierce really intrigues me...

Pierce really intrigues me...

he's a 2 down back and the number of Day 3 RBs who put up Top 24 seasons can be counted on one hand

very good situation though - Lovie really likes him and it's his job

might be game scripted out a few games bc they are behind and Burkhead & Co are getting the passing down work

if you drafted late and he was your 5th rounder, of course start him

but if you got him in the 7th why not wait for a better matchup and confirm how it will shake out?

Colts gave up 10 rushing TDs to RB last year, and only 2 teams gave up fewer points to RBs in Full PPR (5th fewest points allowed in standard)

Pierce really intrigues me...

he's a 2 down back and the number of Day 3 RBs who put up Top 24 seasons can be counted on one hand

very good situation though - Lovie really likes him and it's his job

might be game scripted out a few games bc they are behind and Burkhead & Co are getting the passing down work

if you drafted late and he was your 5th rounder, of course start him

but if you got him in the 7th why not wait for a better matchup and confirm how it will shake out?

Colts gave up 10 rushing TDs to RB last year, and only 2 teams gave up fewer points to RBs in Full PPR (5th fewest points allowed in standard)

As I stated above it's the weather in Chicago that concerns me...I can see the 49ers offense bottoming out. Deebo's floor on a day like today is potentially 3 points (1/2 ppr). Pierce on the other hand probably has a floor of around 6pts i would guess...rushing and receiving.

Still leaning Deebo though :)

At WR2, non-PPR, Keenan Allen , AJ Brown, Diontae Johnson
Not Dionte - the shoulder makes him risky enough that the other 2 are better options.

Q: How are you having to choose between these guys for WR2?

AJB & Allen are considered must-starts in most every league.

Just curious who’s in your WR1 spot right now. Do you have a flex? Who would you be sitting either AJB or Allen for?

D Harris at Miami
Or
Penny Vs Denver

This is a good one question...I'm struggling with Penny vs. Juju

Right now I'm leaning Penny only because with crappy qb play and a terrible online he still looked phenomenal down the stretch. He's healthy and ready to go....best case scenario for harris is he splits the carries and probably doesn't have any catches...

Jets OL just took another hit.

I’ve got Aiyuk in over Hall. I can’t start Hall until I’ve seen how they use him.

Wind & rain be damns. Aiyuk is my ride or die today. :wub:

Not Dionte - the shoulder makes him risky enough that the other 2 are better options.

Just curious who’s in your WR1 spot right now. Do you have a flex? Who would you be sitting either AJB or Allen for?
Dynasty league, started Kupp.

Dynasty league, started Kupp.
You don’t have a flex and you only start 2 WR?

.5PPR, need some help at Flex (pick 1)

Godwin @ DAL (SNF game)
Dobbins @ NYJ (early game)
K. Hunt @ CAR (early game)
A. Cooper @ CAR (early game)
R. Woods v. NYG (afternoon game)
Pickens @ CIN (early game)

If I had even a little more clarity on Godwin, he’d be the easy choice… but it sounds like he’ll be a true gametime decision

Thanks in advance for any/ all help & advice.

Godwin @ DAL (SNF game)

If I had even a little more clarity on Godwin, he’d be the easy choice… but it sounds like he’ll be a true gametime decision

Per rotoworld Godwin is going to play. They just broke the news like 15 mins ago.

Godwin @ DAL (SNF game)

Per rotoworld Godwin is going to play. They just broke the news like 15 mins ago.

Thanks for sharing! Even on limited snaps, I think I gotta play him over the others…right?

Godwin @ DAL (SNF game)

Thanks for sharing! Even on limited snaps, I think I gotta play him over the others…right?
100%

WIth Flacco in, do I switch out Pollard for E. Moore? as flex--- Standard scoring -- R. Stevenson also a consideration--

Godwin @ DAL (SNF game)

I would take someone who is healthy so scratch Dobbins and a lesser extent I might leave Godwin alone 1st game back from injury that ended his season last year. He spoke of taking it easy and being ready the 2nd half of the season. 🤷‍♂️

-Cooper has no QB but he's healthy. Hunt? What is his role with no QB and a lead RB that needs the ball.
-Bob Woods coming off an injury and the passing game in Tennessee is questionable
-Pickens, rookie WR, shot in the dark 1st game out with Trubisky.

1 ppr, flex spot, pick 1

Juju
AJ Green

Olave
Pickens

(Juju is intended starter but injuries for Cardinals and Saints have me second guessing)

Users who are viewing this thread