What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 05 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

PPR league and I'm the underdog in my matchup.

Brandon Cooks or Gabe Davis?

Being the underdog I'm leaning upside with Davis

WR3 1pt PPR: Curtis Samuel or B Cooks?

Feels like I just flip a coin. Thought Tenn D was banged up so leaning Samuel.
I can see how that's a tough call. At the moment I have Samuel in My lineup over ARSB (I am concerned about the ankle).

Both Samuel & Cooks seem set for decent volume but limited TD upside (Cooks probably has a shade more).

In this instance I probably lean towards the home field but could easily go the other way.

Samuel>Cooks

QB: Stafford Vs Mariotta Vs Goff
Right now I have Goff in but don’t like it

Flex: zeke/ K hunt / Corey Davis / Renfrew
Currently have Davis in but don’t like that either.

If you're leaning upside then I won't talk you out of l Davis.

He could absolutely pull another disappearing act, mind you but these are the opportunities we were hoping for when we drafted him.

Davis>Cooks

WR3 1pt PPR: Curtis Samuel or B Cooks?

Feels like I just flip a coin. Thought Tenn D was banged up so leaning Samuel.
I can see how that's a tough call. At the moment I have Samuel in My lineup over ARSB (I am concerned about the ankle).

Both Samuel & Cooks seem set for decent volume but limited TD upside (Cooks probably has a shade more).

In this instance I probably lean towards the home field but could easily go the other way.

Samuel>Cooks
I have both rolling in the league mentioned above, feel more confident about Samuel.

QB: Stafford Vs Mariotta Vs Goff
Right now I have Goff in but don’t like it

Flex: zeke/ K hunt / Corey Davis / Renfrew
Currently have Davis in but don’t like that either.
I can understand not liking it but I start Goff all-day everyday over those two.

Not Renfrow, not this week at least because we just don't know what to expect.

I can't seem to quit Hunt. 15 opportunities is still 15 opportunities. And he's actually playing well just not finding the end zone.

Davis would absolutely be my fallback. So if you like him then definitely run with that thinking. Jets pass a bunch and Miami D is banged up.

Goff>>Mariota>Stafford

Hunt>Davis

PPR and slight underdog. Need to pick 1 WR, and 1 flex from below.
A St. Brown
A. Cooper
Dev. Smith
C. Samuel
R. Stevenson
D. Harris

One last one, need a flex, half PPR:

Lockett @ Saints
Herbert @ Vikings (Montgomery active though)
ARSB @ Pats (although possibly limited)
Elliott @ Rams (afternoon game)
Dobbins vs Bungles (Sunday night game with no hedge available if unexpectedly inactive)

Projecting as small favourite so thinking Lockett might be the safest play?

A St. Brown
A. Cooper
Dev. Smith
C. Samuel
R. Stevenson
D. Harris
I have a lot of trouble calling ARSB today. I have him on my bench for Samuel but I am deeply concerned that I am overthinking that one.

Since you have Amari I would probably take a shot on his upside. He's a low floor guy but he also can be a 10+ target guy.

Amari>Samuel>ARSB

Flex is another tough call but I think we have to ride against the Lions D when given the chance. At least until they prove otherwise.

It's a coin flip between Rhamondre & Harris but, since it's PPR I think Rhamondre would be my choice.

Rhamondre>Harris

Cooks is likely to do very well today, seen him Top 10-15 on a few sites
Why can't you play both? How stacked are you?
Cooks is a strong start today. Davis is a sleeper since he has been nursing injuries. I hear he is healthy but I gotta see it.

Lockett @ Saints
Dobbins vs Bungles (Sunday night game with no hedge available if unexpectedly inactive)

Yeah, Lockett does make a lot of sense. Although I hate benching ARSB (which I am, for Samuel)

Is there reason to expect Dobbins may be inactive? I don't think there is so I would consider volume and TD upside, which is higher than your other options, even if his efficiency is questionable. Plus Staley is supposed to be back, finally.

IMO

Dobbins>Lockett>ARSB>Zeke

A St. Brown
A. Cooper
Dev. Smith
C. Samuel
R. Stevenson
D. Harris
ARSB is active, hard to sit him. You'd think if he was not 100% they'd just rest him through next week's bye, no reason to use as decoy and risk anything.

C Samuel: J Dotson and L Thomas both out. Targets should be up. Titans giving up 4th most points to WRs

* disclaimer, I am starting both and haven't done any research on the other guys :lol:

1 ppr, flex:
G Pickens vs Buf
B Aiyuk vs Car
Juju vs LV
H Renfrow vs KC
J Reynolds vs NE

Leaning Pickens because what have you done for me lately (Aiyuk, Renfrow, Juju). Reynolds is tempting as insurance for ARSB though.

Last edited:
A St. Brown
A. Cooper
Dev. Smith
C. Samuel
R. Stevenson
D. Harris
I like Cooper vs the Chargers, just think there will need to be some points scored for both teams to stay in the game, Cooper has looked good.
I like Stevenson more than Harris today but I'm biased, have him on a lot of DFS tickets they cost about the same so i can have either of them.
St Brown might not be 00%, not sure about Detroit on the road today.
Slim Reaper has a solid chance for a good day in a potential shootout
Samuel will get some upticks with Dotson OUT for WAS

I like Cooper and Slim Reaper today, they're healthy and have upside. St Brown could be a decoy today vs the Patriots so they can work other routes.

Hope this helps but it can also confuse a bit. I like to work things out with going player by player and understanding the match ups. You have some good options

A St. Brown
A. Cooper
Dev. Smith
C. Samuel
R. Stevenson
D. Harris
I like Cooper vs the Chargers, just think there will need to be some points scored for both teams to stay in the game, Cooper has looked good.
I like Stevenson more than Harris today but I'm biased, have him on a lot of DFS tickets they cost about the same so i can have either of them.
St Brown might not be 00%, not sure about Detroit on the road today.
Slim Reaper has a solid chance for a good day in a potential shootout
Samuel will get some upticks with Dotson OUT for WAS

I like Cooper and Slim Reaper today, they're healthy and have upside. St Brown could be a decoy today vs the Patriots so they can work other routes.

Hope this helps but it can also confuse a bit. I like to work things out with going player by player and understanding the match ups. You have some good options
Thanks. So to be clear you would go with Cooper and Smith and bench Stevenson? TDs worth 12 for 50 yards or more helps WR.

Lockett @ Saints

Is Dobbins hurt? He had 2 TDs last week, like him somewhat vs Cinci tonight. Bengals gonna throw a lot and Baltimore will need 30 points tonight to compete IMHO.

Lockett is clearly the 2nd option at WR for Geno and he sprays it around a lot when Metcalf isn't asking for the ball in the huddle every time.
Seattle isn't playing Detroit today, Saints defense is not wretched.
Don't like Herbert, too much Monty talk this week
ARSB, I said he might be a decoy but with your options, i might lean that way.

I see why you want to play Lockett, if you feel comfortable with him, start him. Safest play on the board of your options.

Lockett @ Saints

Is Dobbins hurt? He had 2 TDs last week, like him somewhat vs Cinci tonight. Bengals gonna throw a lot and Baltimore will need 30 points tonight to compete IMHO.

Not hurt afaik, just highlighting that he plays after the rest of my roster and I have no pivot if he were to randomly aggravate anything in warmups etc. Opponent has just had Barkley score a bunch of points so switching to Dobbins now

Really struggling with this one.

CeeDee Lamb @ the Rams
or
Chris Godwin vs the Falcons

It would be an easy call to go with Lamb considering the targets he's been getting. But Jalen Ramsey worries me, especially since Lamb has had trouble at times getting open and making his catches.
PPR? That's important info.

Both good options so go with your gut comfortably.

Personally I don't let Ramsey concern me too much. He seems to get burned a lot, IMO. My bigger concern, I guess is we are all expecting the wheels to fall off Cooper Rush and we are all expecting the Rams to turn things around. But none of those things are obligated to happen.

On the flip side TB could/should roll Atlanta. That could turn into a Fournette game.

Flip a coin. For me:
CeeDee>Godwin
Thanks, Chaka, and yes PPR, my bad.

I'm starting C.otton as my flex. Choo Choo!

I'm starting him over K.J. Osborn for science.

If Montgomery plays do you go Monty or Herbert?
Playing Monty is risky but if he is okay he will probably get the majority of the carries. Not sure if he will outproduce Herbert or how healthy he is. Do you have any other options?
Akers
I don't have a great feeling about any of these guys. Maybe Monty but again I don't know how healthy he is. I don't trust Akers.

A St. Brown
A. Cooper
Dev. Smith
C. Samuel
R. Stevenson
D. Harris
ARSB is active, hard to sit him. You'd think if he was not 100% they'd just rest him through next week's bye, no reason to use as decoy and risk anything.

C Samuel: J Dotson and L Thomas both out. Targets should be up. Titans giving up 4th most points to WRs

* disclaimer, I am starting both and haven't done any research on the other guys :lol:

1 ppr, flex:
G Pickens vs Buf
B Aiyuk vs Car
Juju vs LV
H Renfrow vs KC
J Reynolds vs NE

Leaning Pickens because what have you done for me lately (Aiyuk, Renfrow, Juju). Reynolds is tempting as insurance for ARSB though.
I'm okay with Pickens here. Maybe Reynolds but I Pickens is one of the most entertaining guys to root for this weekend.

PPR:

Khalil Herbert or Najee Harris
Easy with Harris as Montgomery is playing
PPR:

Khalil Herbert or Najee Harris
As long as Harris is healthy you must start him.
Herbert is likely splitting the touches.
Pickett will do better than most think, he'll stabilize the offense.
Harris hasn’t cracked 14 points once this season and they’re 2 TD dogs in Buffalo.

Gabe Davis is paying dividends already, glad I pointed the arrow in his direction on most posts.

My DFS ticket is looking good already with Davis-Chubb

Users who are viewing this thread