What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 06 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Standard - pick my RB2

McLaughlin @ KC
Akers @ Chi
Gibson @ ATL
Charbonnet @Cin
Wilson Jr v Car
Breida @ Buf

Pick 1 - I know, I know ... probably will depend on what shakes out throughout the week, so I may bump later on.
Yeah, assuming Javonte plays and assuming Wilson plays I think Wilson is your only real option. With no Achane and in the offense how could you sincerely start any of those other guys over him?

If Javonte is out I see a definite argument for Jaleel and, if you don't have clarity on Wilson then I probably start Jaleel.

If Javonte plays and you don't start Jaleel and Wilson doesn't play then I think Akers is the guy I would risk it with. All of the options are risky but "No Giants" should be the subheading of this thread and Walker is much more likely to limit Charbonnet than Mattison will Akers.

Gibson has put the ball on the turf to much to trust. An early fumble will limit his already limited upside.

Wilson*>Jaleel*>Akers>Charbonnet>Just Say No

Standard scoring, no PPR
Henry vs BAL - London game
Pacheco vs DEN - Thurs night game

I have never considered benching Henry before but this feels like the right time. The "experts" tell me to play Henry. I have Pacheco in the line-up right now.
I have no problem with Pacheco over Henry. Henry gets 2 more opportunities per game, big deal they have almost the same yardage totals. Pacheco has one more TD too.

AND it's the Denver defense. After containing Jacobs in week one, which doesn't look like much of an accomplishment in week 5, they have been torched by Brian Robinson, Mostert & Achane, Herbert & Breece Hall.

Pacheco>Henry

PPR League.

Trying to optimize my last lotto RB slot. Can choose from:

* R. Rivers - I have Kyren Williams. Clear backup. If Kyren gets injured, McVay seems to just wear the lead guy out.
* D. Foreman - I have K. Herbert. Out for a bit. Could start this week with R. Johnson having a concussion. Could also step right into Herbert's role for all we know.
* K. Ingram - Conner out on IR. Was listed as the #1 on the depth chart over the rookie.
* C. Brooks - Have Mostert. Achane to IR. Mostert probably get hurt now that Achane gone.

Don't need asap, but looking for medium term upside.

Who would you grab?

Thanks
I don't think Rivers or Brooks has upside barring injury, and even if Mostert gets hurt why would Brooks be the beneficiary.

Foreman will be in some kind of time share while Herbert is recovering, he isn't a bad option.

Ingram is being overlooked because, well he hasn't been very good. But he's listed as the starter and should see some action...on a bad team.

If medium term is the goal I think I lean
Foreman>Ingram>Brooks>Rivers

If you're looking for a surprise home run I guess I back the guy on the Dolphins.

.5 PPR

IF BARKLEY CANT GO

Matt Breida @ Buffalo
Joshua Kelley Vs Dallas
Rico Dowdle @ Los Angeles
Kendre Miller @ Houston

Yea, I know. These options are atrocious.

Three opinions if you please:

FFPC scoring:

1. Need TWO of the following:

A.Mattison @ Chi
D.K. Metcalf @ Cinn
A, Thielen @ Mia

2. Need TWO of the following:

B. Aiyuk @ Cleve
A. Thielen @ Mia
D. Goedert @ NYJ

3. Need ONE of the following:

A. Mattison @ Chi
T. Lockett @ Cinn

.5 PPR

IF BARKLEY CANT GO

Matt Breida @ Buffalo
Joshua Kelley Vs Dallas
Rico Dowdle @ Los Angeles
Kendre Miller @ Houston

Yea, I know. These options are atrocious.
Uhhhhhh...da fu...???

Okay, let's work the problem uh...da fu...???

Breida is strictly hoping for a volume play. But that doesn't suck considering the options.

The other three are just hoping for a TD. And I can't reason my way into which one has the best chance.

My gut says Kendre is the least likely because he isn't used much unless it's a lopsided game.

Between Kelley & Rico play the guy in the team you think will win. Unfortunately I think that's tough as heck to call. Kelley has been simply terrible, Rico hasn't been much better but he has been used more in the passing game

I guess, if Barkley is out I go with

Rico>Brei...da fu...???>Kelley>Kendre

FFPC scoring:

A.Mattison @ Chi
D.K. Metcalf @ Cinn
A, Thielen @ Mia

B. Aiyuk @ Cleve
A. Thielen @ Mia
D. Goedert @ NYJ

A. Mattison @ Chi
T. Lockett @ Cinn
Honestly I bench Mattison in both cases. Without much hesitation. I don't think he brings much upside and I don't think he has done enough to keep a lock on the job. I think the door is wide open for Akers. Your other options have similar floors and more upside IMO.

For the other I think Goedert feels like chasing points. He has a good floor but so does Aiyuk and I think Aiyuk has a better ceiling. And Thielen is just balling out right now.

Thielen>Aiyuk>Goedert

.5 ppr

Am I crazy to consider both

Pacheco and McKinnon(flx) vs DEN tonight?

Over

Stevenson vs LV
Cooper vs SF

.5 ppr

Over

Stevenson vs LV
Cooper vs SF
I would definitely start Pacheco over those two. Don't think I could do McKinnon though. Even in a blowout win over Chicago he saw a 29% snap share and only 5 opportunities. CEH is the guy they bring in to close out those type of games (he had 11 of his 16 opportunities after they were up 41-0). They are definitely keeping McKinnon on a snap count, either because they want him available later in the year or they think he's lost a step. We can't know.

Between Stevenson @ Las Vegas or Cooper home to SF it's a tougher call that would become a lot easier if Watson doesn't play. If Watson does play I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Cooper to finish somewhere around his season average of 8 targets, 5 receptions & around 80 yards. It's tough to speculate about his upside but I think Cleveland has a better chance to keep this game close-ish at home than Dallas did on the road last week.

Stevenson has been nothing but a disappointment. Last week was probably the nadir but that doesn't mean he will suddenly start producing at a high level. The Raiders don't have a strong run defense but they are improved over last year and are still showing signs of life. It's not much to go on but the Raiders won against the Pats last year and Rhamondre had a monster outing with almost 170 total yards and a score. On paper I think it represents a good matchup for Rhamondre but I don't have a ton of faith in the Patriots and I actually have a little faith in the Raiders defense ATM. Very little, like a skosh of an iota but still.

Tough call but
Cooper*>Stevenson>McKinnon

This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let the bye weeks begin
We start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Te,1 K, 1 Dst. and 1 Flex (Rb,Wr,Te) My choices for this week are:

Rb - Mixon vs Sea, Kamara @ Hous, Mattison @ Chi, R. Stevenson @ Lvr
Wr: Collins vs Nos, G Davis vs NYG, Flowers @ Tenn, DJ Moore vs Minn, C Ridley vs Ind
I'm starting Mahomes & Qb and Goedert at Te

I'm thinking Mixon & Kamara & DJ Moore but after that I'm not sure.

Ridley has been hot & cold, G Davis has scored in his last 4 games and he seems to be Allen's #2 but they should kill NY and won't need to pass much, Nico Collins is like Ridley, feast or famine and faces a tough NO defense. Flowers - no. At Rb - Mattison has a juicy matchup vs Chi, and Stevenson gets the Lvr, a great matchup for Rb's.

Really stumped - Any and all insights/advice is greatly appreciated - Thanks!

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let the bye weeks begin
We start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Te,1 K, 1 Dst. and 1 Flex (Rb,Wr,Te) My choices for this week are:

Wr: Collins vs Nos, G Davis vs NYG, Flowers @ Tenn, DJ Moore vs Minn, C Ridley vs Ind

Ridley has been hot & cold, G Davis has scored in his last 4 games and he seems to be Allen's #2 but they should kill NY and won't need to pass much, Nico Collins is like Ridley, feast or famine and faces a tough NO defense. Flowers - no. At Rb - Mattison has a juicy matchup vs Chi, and Stevenson gets the Lvr, a great matchup for Rb's.

So you're looking for a WR & a flex.

Is this a PPR league?

I agree with Mixon & Kamara for sure as well as Moore.

For me Mattison is the only one I wouldn't consider for the flex. I don't believe in him enough to start him. I think the door is open for Akers to seize the job.

After that it becomes tough because you have decent arguments for each remaining player. This is where knowing if this is a PPR league is important.

ETA: 1/2PPR makes me a little less likely to start Davis. But just a little. In three previous blowouts he averaged 4.7 targets with 3.3 receptions for 62.7 yards and 1 TD/game. His big play metrics are pretty amazing and the Bill should score plenty this Sunday night (man the NFL needs flex scheduling earlier in the season).

I agree Nico has a tough matchup and there has been a little inconsistency with his targets, that is enough to make me a little hesitant but he's still a very good player with a good shot at 9 targets.

Personally I like Flowers this week, a lot. If this was full PPR he might be the guy I recommend. Even in a bad game last week he still went 5-73 on 11 targets with all the other receivers in the lineup (OBJ, Bateman, Andrews, Aghlor etc). He looks like the Ravens WR1 and he was two bad plays away from a monster. I like to think the Ravens have a bounce back game here.

Ridley is simply your most talented option but this is an offense that will spread the ball around so he has been much more up and down. He has 100+ yards in 2 of 5 games and he has a TD in 2 of 5 games so there is definitely reason to be optimistic.

From a matchup perspective only New Orleans seems like a potentially prohibitive defense so I would probably rule out Nico. Tennessee & the Colts have similarly weak pass defenses but the Jaguars throw the ball 8 more times per game than the Ravens so that should probably give Ridley a slight edge over Flowers, even if I think Flowers's targets are probably a little more stable. But the reality is neither Baltimore or the Ravens are throwing a lot of TDs yet.

That leaves Davis. He's on the #3 scoring offense, with a QB who is 3rd in the league with 11 TD passes in a game they should roll...

For the flex, I would normally say Rhamondre 10 times out of 10 but I would rather he have a big game on my bench than burn me again in my lineup.

Gabe>Ridley>Flowers>Nico>Rhamondre>Mattison

ETA: I absolutely think Flowers has a breakout game this week but that is 100% a hunch. The smart call is Ridley.

Last edited:

A couple notes:

3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

Let the bye weeks begin

Is this a PPR league?

For me Mattison is the only one I wouldn't consider for the flex. After that it becomes tough because you have decent arguments for each remaining player. This is where knowing if this is a PPR league is important.

A couple notes:

3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

Let the bye weeks begin

Is this a PPR league?

For me Mattison is the only one I wouldn't consider for the flex. After that it becomes tough because you have decent arguments for each remaining player. This is where knowing if this is a PPR league is important.
Sorry 1/2 point ppr

I'll start.

PPR scoring I need one flex
Jahmyr Gibbs (Q) @ Tampa Bay
Jerome Ford v San Francisco
Josh Palmer v Dallas
Zay Flowers v Tennessee

I think it comes down to Palmer v Flowers based on health & matchup. The Cowboys have been great against opposing WRs but they have also faced, perhaps, the worst four WR rooms and/or passing games in the NFL (NYG, NYJ, ARI & NEP).
I'd go Flowers. Has had high catch totals, is facing a typically pass funnel defense, and is probably just the best overall player.

Standard QB scoring, 4 pt passing TDs.

Start Lamar Jackson vs a tough TEN D, or Brock Purdy vs a tough CLE D?

Start of the season, I’d never even consider Purdy over Lamar. But, after a mediocre game this past week by Lamar AND the fact that Purdy is making me a Mr. Irrelevant believer, I’m thinking about it.
I'm stick with Lamar. Titans D isn't THAT tough, and Lamar typically follows down weeks with big ones.

I carry two defenses (defense scoring is favorable for good defenses). Which one here?

BUF vs NYG
KC vs DEN
Even despite some injuries, I think Buffalo is my #1 overall defense this week. Giants OL can't block them, and as bad as Jones often looks, Tyrod is probably a downgrade.

As a flex option - PPR league. Need one of these:

Lockett at CIN
R White vs DET
McLaughlin at KC
I'd go with White. Big workload I think makes him more trustworthy than Lockett. Also somewhat curious if JSN has a bigger target share coming out of the bye.

10-team PPR. Pick 2 of these 3:

Addison at CHI
Devonta Smith at NYJ
Kyren Williams vs. ARI
Kyren is a lock. I'm not sure there are a dozen guys I'd start over him this week.

I'd go Smith over Addison. I think the idea that Addison is some great play with Jefferson out is flawed. I mean, it could be true, but he could also not be up to the task. Smith is due for a good week, just as Goedert was last week.

Ppr

Z. Moss @ jax
Or
Mattison vs Chi

Got mattison right now
I would go Mattison as well. Great matchup, and I do think the Vikings most likely counter to the Jefferson injury, is just running more. I also think Taylor will be much more involved this week, and in my opinion, is likely to out touch Moss.

Emari Demercado VS Jake Ferguson. Emari has the Rams and Ferguson has the Chargers.

It’s full point reception league, and TE’s do get an extra 0.50 per reception.
Cards are a pretty run heavy team, and Emari looked ok last week in relief of Conner. I'd give him a shot. Ferguson is probably a little safer I guess, but I also think Dallas will look to get their running game going against LA.

Superflex league, Starting Lawrence at QB1 slot. Which would you start in the superflex?

G Smith at CIN
B Purdy at CLE

have been starting Purdy in the superflex, but CLE D is tough and this could be a trap game for SF.
I'd go Geno. Seattle/Cinci has shootout vibes, 49ers/Browns has the opposite, espeically with PJ Walker looking like the Browns starter.

Any other Devonta Smith owners struggling to justify why he remains a week to week start in PPR?

I'm looking at:

Michael Thomas (at HOU)
Josh Palmer (DAL)
London (WSH)
Downs (at JAX)

as potential WRs that consistently get more volume as starters over Smith (at NYJ) this week.

Any thoughts? Those three weeks where Smith only saw 5 targets are concerning, especially with Goedert getting more looks and Swift playing very well.
I'd probably just stick with Smith. He's due for a good game, and offers a lot more upside than any of those guys.

Saints defense against the Texans…or the lions defense against the buccaneers?
Lions. Texans offense is kinda decent, and doesn't really turn it over.

14 team .. NO PPR

Pick 2
Henry
Etienne
Jacobs
Barkley

Pick 1
Tucker
Maher
Etienne and Henry

Maher simply has been doing more, and there is no reason to expect a change.

Some good but very similar options this week. Standard scoring, need 2:

D.Swift @ Jets
K.Williams vs Cards
N.Collins vs Saints
J.Addison @ Bears
B.Aiyuk @ Browns
C.Olave @ Texans

I lean Williams and Addison but finding Swift hard to bench and Collins feels like a bounce back game maybe?

Thanks
Williams and Swift. I think Addison might be a little bit of fool's gold.

Standard - pick my RB2

McLaughlin @ KC
Akers @ Chi
Gibson @ ATL
Charbonnet @Cin
Wilson Jr v Car
Breida @ Buf

Pick 1 - I know, I know ... probably will depend on what shakes out throughout the week, so I may bump later on.
I think McLaughlin would be my pick. Only other option for me is Wilson, but I'm not 100% sure he's active this week.

Standard scoring, no PPR
Henry vs BAL - London game
Pacheco vs DEN - Thurs night game

I have never considered benching Henry before but this feels like the right time. The "experts" tell me to play Henry. I have Pacheco in the line-up right now.
I think I'd go Pacheco based on matchup, but it does feel wrong to sit Henry. You absolutely have to sit 1 of these guys?

PPR League.

Trying to optimize my last lotto RB slot. Can choose from:

* R. Rivers - I have Kyren Williams. Clear backup. If Kyren gets injured, McVay seems to just wear the lead guy out.
* D. Foreman - I have K. Herbert. Out for a bit. Could start this week with R. Johnson having a concussion. Could also step right into Herbert's role for all we know.
* K. Ingram - Conner out on IR. Was listed as the #1 on the depth chart over the rookie.
* C. Brooks - Have Mostert. Achane to IR. Mostert probably get hurt now that Achane gone.

Don't need asap, but looking for medium term upside.

Who would you grab?

Thanks
Foreman is the most proven one, and probably the best overall talent.

FFPC scoring:

A.Mattison @ Chi
D.K. Metcalf @ Cinn
A, Thielen @ Mia

B. Aiyuk @ Cleve
A. Thielen @ Mia
D. Goedert @ NYJ

A. Mattison @ Chi
T. Lockett @ Cinn
Thielen and Metcalf

Aiyuk and Thielen

Mattison

.5 ppr

Over

Stevenson vs LV
Cooper vs SF
I'd start Stevenson over McKinnon. Pats offense has to get better right, and Raiders are a good spot to start.

0.5 PPR:

McLaurin vs. Falcons

or

Josh Reynolds vs. Bucs
I'd go McLaurin

4pt passing TD

Russ tonight @ KC

or

Sam Howell @ ATL

underwhelming options, but it is what it is.

Thanks bros
What's the problem with Russ? He's completing 67% of his passes, he's tied for 2nd in TD passes with 11. He has two three TD games, two two TD games and two 300 yard games. He actually has 18 more rushing yards than Howell (119 to 101). He's simply the more steady option with just as much upside.

Howell has more yards but three games with 0 or 1 TD passes.

Atlanta also has a somewhat better pass defense than KC.

Wilson>Howell

Full ppr

Need a 2nd flex:

McLaughlin
McKinnon
Shaheed

I'm really unsure of McLaughlin's and McKinnon's workloads tonight. Right now I have McLaughlin in.

Full ppr

Need a 2nd flex:

McLaughlin
McKinnon
Shaheed

I'm really unsure of McLaughlin's and McKinnon's workloads tonight. Right now I have McLaughlin in.
I can't make a real differentiating argument for or against any of them. But I think I would also go with Jaleel too. He seems pretty dynamic and comfortable in the offense.

Probably Shaheed next because he's on the field more than the others.

But I honestly don't see a "right" answer.

Jaleel>Shaheed>McKinnon

0.5 PPR. Who do I flex?

• RB Taylor vs. Jags
  • RB Spears vs. Ravens
  • WR McLaurin vs. Falcons
  • WR Josh Reynolds vs. Bucs
I mean Zack Moss is definitely playing well but I think Taylor is going to see enough action to be relevant in fantasy. He's just a much better talent than the other options (even McLaurin) and the Colts are running the heck out of the ball.

Taylor>McLaurin>Reynolds>Spears

I'll start.

PPR scoring I need one flex
Jahmyr Gibbs (Q) @ Tampa Bay
Jerome Ford v San Francisco
Josh Palmer v Dallas
Zay Flowers v Tennessee

I think it comes down to Palmer v Flowers based on health & matchup. The Cowboys have been great against opposing WRs but they have also faced, perhaps, the worst four WR rooms and/or passing games in the NFL (NYG, NYJ, ARI & NEP).
I dont think there is much doubt Flowers is the play here, especially if you have narrowed it down to those 2.

A couple notes:

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g.
Cousins
vs Den or
James Cook
@ Mia

3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

Let the bye weeks begin

Rb -
Mixon
vs Sea,
Kamara
@ Hous,
Mattison
@ Chi,
R. Stevenson
@ Lvr
Wr:
Collins
vs Nos,
G Davis
vs NYG,
Flowers
@ Tenn,
DJ Moore
vs Minn,
C Ridley
vs Ind
I'm starting
Mahomes
& Qb and
Goedert
at Te

I'm thinking
Mixon
&
Kamara
&
DJ Moore
but after that I'm not sure.

Ridley
has been hot & cold,
G Davis
has scored in his last 4 games and he seems to be
Allen
's #2 but they should kill NY and won't need to pass much,
Nico Collins
is like
Ridley
, feast or famine and faces a tough NO defense.
Flowers
- no. At Rb -
Mattison
has a juicy matchup vs Chi, and
Stevenson
gets the Lvr, a great matchup for Rb's.

Really stumped - Any and all insights/advice is gro brainers at rb

A couple notes:

3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

Let the bye weeks begin

I think Mixon and Kamara are a no brainer at rb and cant see using either of the other 2 at flex. Moore is a given, flowers playing a bad TN defense and one of Ridley or Collins at the last spot. Probably Ridley due to the defense he faces.

A couple notes:

3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

Let the bye weeks begin

Is this a PPR league?

For me Mattison is the only one I wouldn't consider for the flex. I don't believe in him enough to start him. I think the door is open for Akers to seize the job.

After that it becomes tough because you have decent arguments for each remaining player. This is where knowing if this is a PPR league is important.

ETA: 1/2PPR makes me a little less likely to start Davis. But just a little. In three previous blowouts he averaged 4.7 targets with 3.3 receptions for 62.7 yards and 1 TD/game. His big play metrics are pretty amazing and the Bill should score plenty this Sunday night (man the NFL needs flex scheduling earlier in the season).

I agree Nico has a tough matchup and there has been a little inconsistency with his targets, that is enough to make me a little hesitant but he's still a very good player with a good shot at 9 targets.

Personally I like Flowers this week, a lot. If this was full PPR he might be the guy I recommend. Even in a bad game last week he still went 5-73 on 11 targets with all the other receivers in the lineup (OBJ, Bateman, Andrews, Aghlor etc). He looks like the Ravens and he was two bad plays away from a monster. I like to think the Ravens have a bounce back game here.

Ridley is simply your most talented option but this is an offense that will spread the ball around so he has been much more up and down. He has 100+ yards in 2 of 5 games and he has a TD in 2 of 5 games so there is definitely reason to be optimistic.

From a matchup perspective only New Orleans seems like a potentially prohibitive defense so I would probably rule out Nico. Tennessee & the Colts have similarly weak pass defenses but the Jaguars throw the ball 8 more times per game than the Ravens so that should probably give Ridley a slight edge over Flowers, even if I think Flowers's targets are probably a little more stable. But the reality is neither Baltimore or the Ravens are throwing a lot of TDs yet.

That leaves Davis. He's on the #3 scoring offense, with a QB who is 3rd in the league with 11 TD passes in a game they should roll...

For the flex, I would normally say Rhamondre 10 times out of 10 but I would rather he have a big game on my bench than burn me again in my lineup.

Gabe>Ridley>Flowers>Nico>Rhamondre>Mattison

ETA: I absolutely think Flowers has a breakout game this week but that is 100% a hunch. The smart call is Ridley.
I hope you dont suck so bad at this like last week cause thats exaclty how I see it too lol p.s. I am still smarting over that Garret wilson over ettiene call last week lol

Ok here are my choices: 1/2 pt ppr 6 pt passing td
Goff vs TB or Geno at cinn
Kmet vs Min or Pitts vs wash who Kmet did well against last week.

the rest of my lineup Ive all but decided:
bijan and ettiennne
Keenan Allen, Puka and Kupp
flex Mostert.

the only other choice which is a stretch is reynolds @ tb but cant see him at wr or flex really.

Standard QB scoring, 4 pt passing TDs.

Start Lamar Jackson vs a tough TEN D, or Brock Purdy vs a tough CLE D?

Start of the season, I’d never even consider Purdy over Lamar. But, after a mediocre game this past week by Lamar AND the fact that Purdy is making me a Mr. Irrelevant believer, I’m thinking about it.
I'm not benching Lamar because of last week. Did you see the video of all the drops from the Raven's receiving group? It was one of the worst collective performances I have ever seen. Lamar kept hitting them in the hands and they kept dropping them. I swear they had money on the Steelers. The first one to Flowers was a little behind otherwise those guys just choked.

Lamar>Purdy
Agreed.... the tenn pass defense has been good the last 2 weeks but the previous 3 they werent very good vs the pass. Cleveland has been TOUGH vs the pass and the only QB that has torched them was Lamar....but even that was because of 2 rushing tds....otherwise he passed for 186 and 2 tds....ok but nothing to write home to mamma about. Lamar is a starting qb this week and Purdy IS NOT.

Diamond Dogs mount up

****Official emergency Diamond Dogs meeting to discuss how to replace Sam LaPorta Week 6***^
  • Schultz v NO (32nd)
  • Chig v BAL (31st) London g
  • Everett v DAL (12th)
  • Fant @ CIN (5th))
  • Otton v DET (3rd)
  • KnoxISmithJJohnsonSmytheGranson AYFKM
:kicksrock:

Heroes

We're nothing, and nothing will help us
Maybe we're lying, then you better not stay
But we could be safer, just for one day
We can be heroes
Just for one day

Diamond Dogs mount up

****Official emergency Diamond Dogs meeting to discuss how to replace Sam LaPorta Week 6***^
  • Schultz v NO (32nd)
  • Everett v DAL (12th)
  • Fant @ CIN (5th))
  • Otton v DET (3rd)

Heroes

We can be heroes
Just for one day
I’d say Everett looks like the best choice out of those

Diamond Dogs mount up

• Schultz v NO (32nd)
  • Everett v DAL (12th)
  • Fant @ CIN (5th))
  • Otton v DET (3rd)

Heroes

We can be heroes
Just for one day
When the choices are crappy, go with the guy getting the targets

Diamond Dogs mount up

• Schultz v NO (32nd)
  • Everett v DAL (12th)
  • Fant @ CIN (5th))
  • Otton v DET (3rd)

Heroes

We can be heroes
Just for one day
When the choices are crappy, go with the guy getting the targets

Guess I’m flipping a coin between Granson & Chig….

Good talk

ETA: sarcasm doesn’t always translate in text/posts/emails. He was telling to start Schultz, I was being a smart Alec.

Last edited:
Ok here are my choices: 1/2 pt ppr 6 pt passing td
Goff vs TB or Geno at cinn
Kmet vs Min or Pitts vs wash who Kmet did well against last week.

the rest of my lineup Ive all but decided:
bijan and ettiennne
Keenan Allen, Puka and Kupp
flex Mostert.

the only other choice which is a stretch is reynolds @ tb but cant see him at wr or flex really.
Since he got to Detroit the narrative on Goff is he is statistically much better at home than on the road. That appears to be the case this season as well. But is that enough of a differentiator to bench him in favor of Geno who has been pretty average so far this season?

The Lions seem happy to grind teams into submission and control the clock (#5 in ToP on the season & #4 over their last 3). They are also third in rush attempts (Seattle is 23rd).

Seattle is struggling in keeping drives alive (32nd in ToP on the season & 25th over the last 3). You can never predict game script but I think most of us see the possibility of Sea/Cin being more back and forth with big plays from Chase, DK, Lockett etc.

Yeah, I keep trying to find a wedge issue that will tell me where I would go here. In situations like this I generally go with the guys on the team I think has a better chance to win but even that is a super narrow margin.

I hate to punt here but it is so damn close you have to go with your gut, not mine. But since I have to make calls in here I'm going to hope for a high scoring game in Cincinnati.
Geno>Goff

For TE it is so unpredictable but I think Kmet is the better option. Good matchup, reasonably consistent utilization and has a nose for the end zone.

Kmet>Pitts

D question...and I know Chaka you think these Ds are random number generators (although I'd say far less so than Kickers).

* LV vs NE -- Hard to see NE completely turning things around here. As a NE fan and close to the situation, the team and organization appear in complete disarray. Not sure heading across the country against a mediocre LV D will fix that. Watched LV @ GB and was actually impressed. They're not great by any means, but they do have game wrecker Crosby.

or

* Miami vs CAR -- My opponent shockingly just dropped them. At minimum I'm looking to block him from wising up. I could start them if I grab them. Universally ranked ahead of LV this week, but have a feeling CAR offense could be frisky. They moved the ball pretty well against DET last week in the 2nd half.

Which?

Thanks

Diamond Dogs mount up

• Schultz v NO (32nd)
  • Everett v DAL (12th)
  • Fant @ CIN (5th))
  • Otton v DET (3rd)

Heroes

We can be heroes
Just for one day
Okay, I appreciate the Diamond Dogs call out and I am ready to roll. Sadly, the reality is your lineup looks more like the Epileptic Dogs. But I'm going to give this my best effort.

Okay looking at the number of targets, receptions, yards, 1st downs & Succ% I think I would go with Everett.

He's seeing 3.3 receptions/game (2nd on the list), has a 92% catch rate (1st by a mile), 27 yards/game (2nd), 7.6 yards/target (2nd) and has the best QB on the offense that throws the most. He also seems to be valuable in important situations with 8 first downs (T-1st) on 15 receptions with a 64% success% (2nd) The downside is he is living off efficiency and sees only 3.5 targets/game (6th).

Schultz would probably be next. He sees the most targets (5.4), receptions (3.4), 2nd most yards (30.8), 8 first downs (T-1st), 48% success rate (3rd) and he has two TDs. The other options have 3 TDs combined. But he has, IMO, a tougher matchup v N.O. on paper than Everett v DAL.

Everett>Schultz

D question...and I know Chaka you think these Ds are random number generators (although I'd say far less so than Kickers).

* LV vs NE -- Hard to see NE completely turning things around here. As a NE fan and close to the situation, the team and organization appear in complete disarray. Not sure heading across the country against a mediocre LV D will fix that. Watched LV @ GB and was actually impressed. They're not great by any means, but they do have game wrecker Crosby.

or

* Miami vs CAR -- My opponent shockingly just dropped them. At minimum I'm looking to block him from wising up. I could start them if I grab them. Universally ranked ahead of LV this week, but have a feeling CAR offense could be frisky. They moved the ball pretty well against DET last week in the 2nd half.

Which?

Thanks
Yes, I am a bit of a broken record on this one.

I would probably lean towards Miami under the, highly suspect logic that the Miami offense can put so much pressure on the Carolina offense to keep up that they may be more likely to make a mistake.

Miami>Las Vegas

Diamond Dogs mount up

• Schultz v NO (32nd)
  • Everett v DAL (12th)
  • Fant @ CIN (5th))
  • Otton v DET (3rd)

Heroes

We can be heroes
Just for one day
Okay, I appreciate the Diamond Dogs call out and I am ready to roll. Sadly, the reality is your lineup looks more like the Epileptic Dogs. But I'm going to give this my best effort.

Okay looking at the number of targets, receptions, yards, 1st downs & Succ% I think I would go with Everett.

He's seeing 3.3 receptions/game (2nd on the list), has a 92% catch rate (1st by a mile), 27 yards/game (2nd), 7.6 yards/target (2nd) and has the best QB on the offense that throws the most. He also seems to be valuable in important situations with 8 first downs (T-1st) on 15 receptions with a 64% success% (2nd) The downside is he is living off efficiency and sees only 3.5 targets/game (6th).

Schultz would probably be next. He sees the most targets (5.4), receptions (3.4), 2nd most yards (30.8), 8 first downs (T-1st), 48% success rate (3rd) and he has two TDs. The other options have 3 TDs combined. But he has, IMO, a tougher matchup v N.O. on paper than Everett v DAL.

Everett>Schultz

You’re a mensch, love how you explain your process in detail. Even when I disagree at least I can get behind the methodology.

4pt passing TD

Russ tonight @ KC

or

Sam Howell @ ATL

underwhelming options, but it is what it is.

Thanks bros
What's the problem with Russ? He's completing 67% of his passes, he's tied for 2nd in TD passes with 11. He has two three TD games, two two TD games and two 300 yard games. He actually has 18 more rushing yards than Howell (119 to 101). He's simply the more steady option with just as much upside.

Howell has more yards but three games with 0 or 1 TD passes.

Atlanta also has a somewhat better pass defense than KC.

Wilson>Howell
@Ray Barboni I really need to add a signature line to each post in here. "Free advice is worth every penny"

Sorry, and good luck

Deebo Samuel against the browns or Drake London against the commanders?
PPR?

Since week 2 London is performing as a low end WR2/flex kind of guy with one 'down' game (week 3 at Det). I don't see a ton of ceiling with him. Of course a multi-TD game could happen, particularly as the Commanders have been terrible against opposing WRs for most of the season, but the Falcons offense isn't built that way. Even in a game where they threw for 351 yards they managed only 21 points. Their scoring output has been 25, 24, 6, 7 & 21 and Desmond Ridder does not have a multi TD pass game.

Deebo always has ceiling. I don't care who he is playing he can make it happen. And with PJ Walker leading the Browns this week we have to imagine the Niners will control the time of possession and probably have plenty of scoring opportunities.

Deebo & London have the same number of targets but Deebo has more catches, more yards and is also seeing a little over 3 carries per game. The Niners have scored 30, 30, 30, 35 & 42 points so far this season. Purdy has three games with multiple-TD passes.

TBH, despite the metrics pointing to Deebo I really want to say roll with London against a bad Commanders defense, but I just can't because I think it's the wrong decision.

Deebo>London

Pretty standard yahoo fractional PPR league....

I can't decide between Stafford or Herbert......Boys D is gonna be pissed, but they are on the road.....Herbert broken non throwing hand

Staff has Kupp back. At home vs Cards. Solid matchup.

Pretty standard yahoo fractional PPR league....

I can't decide between Stafford or Herbert......Boys D is gonna be pissed, but they are on the road.....Herbert broken non throwing hand

Staff has Kupp back. At home vs Cards. Solid matchup.
You can go either way with this one IMO but I just like Herbert as a player a lot more.

Dallas may be "angry" but I don't care, they're a very good defense but their first four games they faced four of the worst teams in the league in Giants, Jets, Cardinals & Patriots and they lost one of those. The first "real" QB they faced calmly put up 250 & 4 on them. Losing Diggs was a big hit to that defense. Again, they're good but their early season numbers are misleading.

The Cardinals aren't very good, that's for sure (still good enough to beat the Cowboys and put a scare in the Giants and Commanders) and with a full compliment of WRs I do expect Stafford to be a solid play any given week so you should absolutely feel comfortable rolling him out. But, he had a full compliment of WRs last week facing one of the biggest pass funnel defenses in the league and he managed a modest 222 yards with 2 TDs.

For me Herbert is one of the truly elite level fantasy QBs. He's not Josh Allen but he's darn close. By my count he has put up 15, 15, 21 & 20 point games. He's had multiple TDs in every game. He's as safe a floor option as there is (doesn't mean he can't stink it up but that is a rarity) and has as high a ceiling as anyone.

Stafford absolutely can outperform Herbert, so roll him out if your gut tells you to but, for me
Herbert>Stafford

Just added Donta Foreman on the news that Roschon & Herbert are both out.

Full PPR - Need a flex
Zay Flowers v Tenn
Foreman v Minn

Heavily leaning Foreman.

Diamond Dogs mount up

• Schultz v NO (32nd)
  • Everett v DAL (12th)
  • Fant @ CIN (5th))
  • Otton v DET (3rd)

Heroes

We can be heroes
Just for one day

Everett>Schultz
The only reason I disagree is that Schultz has had 2 decent weeks in a row and Everettes BEST week barely covers any 1 of Schultz touchdowns. Schultz has had 2 good weeks in a row and though tds cant be predicted if choosing between 2 a player who has scored tds and another with no more pass catching upside than the other guy give me the guy more likely to score above 6 points and who has been startable 2 weeks in a row over someone who doesnt have a startable total all year.

Full PPR. Choose one for my RB2 spot

Dameon Pierce home vs Saints
Rhamondre Stevenson at Raiders
Tyjae Spears home vs Ravens (London)
Jerome Ford home vs 49ers

Anybody know if PJ Walker likes throwing to his running backs?

Full PPR - Need a flex
Zay Flowers v Tenn
Foreman v Minn

Heavily leaning Foreman.

Flowers is boom/bust and TD reliant. I'd lean toward the workhorse RB as well.
You must be thinking of someone else because Flowers has been the definition of consistency ( albeit not hugely impressive) and has 0 tds on the year. He was in the middle of a bunch of AWFUL drops last week and I cant help but think he makes up for that a bit this week. Tenn gives up the 7th best points to wrs this year and Balt will probably lean on the pass since tenn rush defense is stout. I hadnt heard that roshon was for sure out but if thats the case Foreman is in the conversation. Foreman is an aging vet who has been a healthy scratch almost all year so who knows what he has left in the tank? Minn rushing D has been much better than average even with Swift absolutely torching them earlier in the year. Pachecko (however you spell it) got double figures on them but that was only because of a td. ESPECIALLY in a PPR league I favor Flowers in this one but dont expect a huge game from either. I suppose if you think Foreman is more likely to score a td he may make more sense I just dont think that is realistic since the Chicago rbs have only scored 2 tds in 6 games, one of which was against that vaunted Denver defense.

for me its Flowers> Foreman

Full PPR - Need a flex
Zay Flowers v Tenn
Foreman v Minn

Heavily leaning Foreman.

Flowers is boom/bust and TD reliant. I'd lean toward the workhorse RB as well.
You must be thinking of someone else because Flowers has been the definition of consistency ( albeit not hugely impressive) and has 0 tds on the year. He was in the middle of a bunch of AWFUL drops last week and I cant help but think he makes up for that a bit this week. Tenn gives up the 7th best points to wrs this year and Balt will probably lean on the pass since tenn rush defense is stout. I hadnt heard that roshon was for sure out but if thats the case Foreman is in the conversation. Foreman is an aging vet who has been a healthy scratch almost all year so who knows what he has left in the tank? Minn rushing D has been much better than average even with Swift absolutely torching them earlier in the year. Pachecko (however you spell it) got double figures on them but that was only because of a td. ESPECIALLY in a PPR league I favor Flowers in this one but dont expect a huge game from either. I suppose if you think Foreman is more likely to score a td he may make more sense I just dont think that is realistic since the Chicago rbs have only scored 2 tds in 6 games, one of which was against that vaunted Denver defense.

for me its Flowers> Foreman

Doh! I was talking about Zay Jones. Too many freaking Zays man 🤦‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread