What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 07 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

Can't really answer Moss v Mitchell just yet but there is no reason, IMO to think Moss won't continue to get a good share in Indy. He's been great. Frankly he was so good I'm a little surprised the Colts paid Taylor. ATM he's a much safer play than Mitchell.

We should reevaluate after we get tomorrow's practice reports.

For a one week play I can make an argument for any of those FAs but I'm not sold they have more value in the near or long term than Mitchell or Moss. Wilson is most interesting of the bunch but it's tough to buy in coming off IR. Pretty much feels identical to Mitchell.
Right, the toughest part is that with Kyren likely out a few weeks, I really need a solid RB2 to help me cover, which would likely not be Mitchell. But I'm 3-3 and in 9th place, so I also can't afford to look too far ahead
From the Kyren angle, personally I like Zach Evans out of all their options. After him I wouldn't roster any of them this week.

Can't really answer Moss v Mitchell just yet but there is no reason, IMO to think Moss won't continue to get a good share in Indy. He's been great. Frankly he was so good I'm a little surprised the Colts paid Taylor. ATM he's a much safer play than Mitchell.

We should reevaluate after we get tomorrow's practice reports.

For a one week play I can make an argument for any of those FAs but I'm not sold they have more value in the near or long term than Mitchell or Moss. Wilson is most interesting of the bunch but it's tough to buy in coming off IR. Pretty much feels identical to Mitchell.
Right, the toughest part is that with Kyren likely out a few weeks, I really need a solid RB2 to help me cover, which would likely not be Mitchell. But I'm 3-3 and in 9th place, so I also can't afford to look too far ahead
From the Kyren angle, personally I like Zach Evans out of all their options. After him I wouldn't roster any of them this week.
Put in a bid for him but got snaked. Although with the recent news out of LA, not sure he's not part of a RBBC either

Who should I drop? Gainwell or Charbonnet? Or who's more likely to miss time Swift or Walker?
I think Charbonnet is much more talented than Gainwell and would also be more likely to see a more workhorse role if elavated to starter. I think if Swift were to go down, we'd see bigger shares for Scott/Penny. If Walker went down, Charbonnet could see 75% of the work.

0.5 PPR - need to flex one of the following:
  • M. Pittman vs. CLE
  • D. London @ TB
  • KJ Osborn vs SF
  • J. Palmer @ KC
I'd go with London and Pittman. They are just the 2 best players, and the matchups are pretty irrelevant in my opinion.

Love @ DEN
Geno vs ARZ
I'd go Geno. Very possible GB just tries to run all over Denver like everyone else has, now that Jones is back.

PPR League.

Curious who everyone thinks is a better longer term hold:

* K. Toney - R. Rice could be emerging and the addition of M. Hardman will make it even tougher for him to emerge. That said, the talent is there and with Mahommes you never know.

or

* J. Dotson -- Just dropped. He's been a no show so far this year, but Howell can sling it and that WASH pass D could keep him throwing.

Which would you rather have for depth and ceiling for down the line?

Thanks
I'd say Dotson. I kinda think Toney might just be what he is, a gadget guy who had a great 6 quarter stretch his rookie season.

Full PPR Flex spot:

I’m starting Gabe Davis over Michael Thomas and Josh Palmer. Am I crazy?

NOS play JAX tonite- and being a Thursday night and all the injuries, I wouldn’t play any Saints. I’m stuck with Kamara.

Palmer has had a decent amount of targets, Had 2 TDs called back on crappy Oline penalties. But Allen is the guy there and KCC Def has been low-key really good.
I think Davis is the right call there. Pats tend to sell out to stop the opposing offenses top guy, and while I think Diggs will still get his, this is as good a matchup for Davis as any.

Drake London against the buccaneers or jakobi meyers against the bears?
I'd go London. He's been coming on of late, and I think the Raiders feed Jacobs a ton with no Jimmy G.

Gabe Davis at Pats
Rashee Rice v LAC
I think Davis is the better play.

PPR league
London @ TB
Flowers vs DET

Non-PPR (pick one)
Moss vs CLE
Mitchell @ MIN

FA options:
McLaughlin vs GB
LMurray @ NE
Ingram @ SEA
JWilson @ PHI

For Mitchell, there are three potential scenarios: CMC definitely out, CMC definitely in, or situation still ambiguous by the time I have to make a decision on Sunday morning (Niners play Monday night).

If I know CMC is out, I'll almost certainly start Mitchell. If I know he's in, maybe Murray? And if it's ambiguous, I'm inclined to roll with Mitchell and hope that either CMC sits, or Eli gets a lot of run as they seek to protect CMC.

Other factor is that I'm a heavy underdog, so I want to focus on ceiling plays
I'd go Flowers over London. Ravens really only throw to 2 guys, and Detroit could be a sneaky high scoring game.

If CMC is ruled out before Sunday, I can see the case for Mitchell, otherwise, I think I'd grit my teeth and hope Moss gets a TD.

Terry McLaurin vs. NYG
or
Diontae Johnson vs. LAR

Browns D vs. IND
or
Steelers D vs. LAR

Leaning towards Terry and Browns.
I'd roll with McLaurin this week, though that might not be the case after this week.

I'd actually go with the Steelers D. I think they will be getting a ton of sacks against a team that won't trust its running game at all. I also worry the Browns D is a little overrated and may have just REALLY gotten up for the 49ers game.

BYE week from hell. 12 team PPR

WR3

Have Skyy Moore

Could add Juju instead. 😬

Neither seems awesome. Desperate times = desperate measures.
I guess Skyy Moore, but surely there has to be someone better on waivers. I don't think I'd have either guy in a top-60 right now, even with the byes.

OK..here's my weekly tight end mess. Been playing Njoku mostly with little success.
FFPC scoring:

Gotta plug in ONE of these NFL Tight Ends:

C.Otton vs Atl
P.Freirmuth @ LAR
D.Njoku @ Ind
D.Knox @ NE
I'd go right back to Freiermuth.

I need to cut someone to activate D.Johnson/Pit.

K.Toney/KC
M.Wilson/Ari
B.Cooks/Dal

My other option is to let D.Johnson ride on the IR for another week and start J.Downs/Ind. I'm leaning towards Downs and letting Johnson and the Steelers show me something first.
I'd want to start Johnson this week, so I'd just cut Toney. I just don't think he's ever gonna be much more than a gadget guy.

I guess Skyy Moore, but surely there has to be someone better on waivers. I don't think I'd have either guy in a top-60 right now, even with the byes.
Nope.

Juauan Jennings is the only dude I’m considering, but that’s risky as heck since Deebo might play.

Nope.

Juauan Jennings is the only dude I’m considering, but that’s risky as heck since Deebo might play.
Yikes. Plus, if Deebo doesn't play, its probably just more work for Kittle.

I guess I'd say Skyy Moore, but you are probably hoping for like 4-50.

Don’t like my chances this week. Half point PPR. Need 1 of the following 2.

Wandale Robinson against the Commanders (favorable matchup)
Brandon Powell against the Niners on Monday night

One more potential possibility is Elijah Mitchell—but I hate to even consider him until there is more clarity on C-mac.

Nope.

I dropped Moore for Slayton. Giants gotta throw to one of Slayton or Robinson. Feels like a good balance between floor & ceiling.

Nope.

I dropped Moore for Slayton. Giants gotta throw to one of Slayton or Robinson. Feels like a good balance between floor & ceiling.
I like that move.

How about mixing in some trade thoughts for fun

A) Geno Smith & Pollard
for
B) Josh Allen, Kirk, Dalton Schultz

A little context
B starts Akers in one RB spot and Schultz on the bench
A starts Geno
All 5 are starters post trade

With the limited context, is Pollard enticing enough to get this deal done? Is there enough value coming back from team B?

A) Geno Smith & Pollard
for

A little context
A starts Geno

With the limited context, is Pollard enticing enough to get this deal done? Is there enough value coming back from team B?
Redraft? Super-flex?

Difficult to imagine Geno starting in a 1 QB format.

In a 1QB, redraft format I imagine Pollard gets that deal done.

Need a flex for full PPR

RB Jaylen Warren at LA Rams
WR Diontae Johnson at LA Rams (assuming he is activated off IR) - FP Wed and Thursday
RB Jeff Wilson at Eagles (assuming he is activated off IR)- FP Wed and Thursday

OK now that I am down 23-1 (thanks Ridley) I need a high ceiling flex...

Foreman vs LV
Rice vs LAC

1/2 ppr
Not great options but Rice is definitely higher ceiling. It's conceivable he could emerge as their WR1, whereas with Foreman, even when everyone else was out he was still in a RBBC

This week I have questions around my WR2 & flex. I haven't had this many similar options in a long time.

Full PPR - need a WR & a flex

Jerome Ford @ Indy
D'Onta Foreman v Raiders
Jahmyr Gibbs @ Baltimore
Jordan Mason @ Minnesota (if McCaffrey is out)
Michael Pittman v Cleveland
Zay Flowers v Detroit
Josh Palmer @ KC
I’d go Pittman at WR and Gibbs at flex. Pittman has 60 targets on the year, tied for 5th in the NFL amongst WRs, and coming off a 14-target game. He’s the clear go-to and the Colts will sling it more with Minshew. At flex it was tough not to keep it in that same game with the Colts being a soft matchup for Ford, but it sounds like Campbell is ready to let Gibbs carry the load this week. Tougher matchup but I worry the split between Ford and Hunt will be closer than we’ll see between Gibbs and Reynolds this week. I wouldn’t fault you for leaning Ford though. Both are PPR assets for sure. Pittman I recommend with more confidence.

Best of luck this week. (y)

PPR

DJ Moore vs LV
or
Flowers vs DET
The last 3 qbs have thrown for 549 yds total and 1 td vs LV....add in Chicago is starting a backup qb nobody has ever heard of and I cant fathom how Moore has a good day. I think flowers is easily the play here, especially ppr.

PPR league
London @ TB
Flowers vs DET

Non-PPR (pick one)
Moss vs CLE
Mitchell @ MIN

FA options:
McLaughlin vs GB
LMurray @ NE
Ingram @ SEA
JWilson @ PHI

For Mitchell, there are three potential scenarios: CMC definitely out, CMC definitely in, or situation still ambiguous by the time I have to make a decision on Sunday morning (Niners play Monday night).

If I know CMC is out, I'll almost certainly start Mitchell. If I know he's in, maybe Murray? And if it's ambiguous, I'm inclined to roll with Mitchell and hope that either CMC sits, or Eli gets a lot of run as they seek to protect CMC.

Other factor is that I'm a heavy underdog, so I want to focus on ceiling plays

Flowers over London by a good margin, not the same tier.

Moss > McLaughlin > Mitchell

Foreman vs LV
Rice vs LAC

1/2 ppr
Im up 22-1 (thanks Ridley) lol Upside huh? ughhh Well Foreman is facing a vegas team that is easier to run on than pass but has a backup qb so does that make running harder and even if so fields is not there to steal rushes....Meanwhile Rice faces the statistically worst passing D in the league BUT they have faced: Jefferson, Adams, Hill, and Lamb so they may well be much better than last against the likes of Rice. If it were me I would start Foreman and hope for a couple of short tds. Upside is relative with these 2 though.

Pick 3: full ppr:
J Gibbs
James Cook
DJ Moore
Devonta Smith
Gabe Davis
Gibbs for sure...Davis for less than sure.... the 3rd one...ughhh. I think passing on NE is easier than running on them. I know Smith has been lousy lately but in order for philly to stick with Miami they will almost HAVE to score a ton of points. Lets hope Smith comes back to early season form in a bounceback game as #3............. dont like moores situation much at all this week and I cant see both davis and cook doing well this week.

A) Geno Smith & Pollard
for

A little context
A starts Geno

Is team B starting Akers just this week due to byes or does he have such a bad rbs that he starts him regularly? Does team B have another better qb on bye this week? These things are important.

If im team B starting Akers normally then he is desperate for rbs and might go for this. I would be scared of starting geno regularly at this point so if I am the Allen owner and Akers is a 1 time start then I probably dont trade. If your context is a normal situation then the trade seems to help both teams. If I am team A and the one pushing for this trade I find a way to add a 3rd player if possible. Its tough to trade away the best qb in the game. For reference I tried to trade for Allen...... I offered geno, ettienne and kmet for him to a team whose #2 rb is latavius murray ...and got turned down. He countered with geno, ettienne and mostert...... I turned that one down and ended up trading for goff.

.5 ppr :
Hunt -@ indy
Aj. Dillon-@ denver
Havent checked injuries but if jones doesnt play this is easy. If he does Hunt got lot of action last week and I slightly prefer him over dillon. Denvers D can be passed on and run on but no telling if that means more passing or more rushing.

Need a flex for full PPR

WR Diontae Johnson at LA Rams (assuming he is activated off IR) - FP Wed and Thursday
DJ and it's not close.
DJ and its kinda close lol.... both DJ and Wilson coming off IR and both apparently healthy.... That Miami offense is so powerful but I lean Wilson as #2 and warren last.

SF - if Watson plays @ IND is he an auto start over tyrod Taylor vs WAS (presuming Jones is out)? Could promote Tyson Bagent and start him (LVR). 🤔

If Diantae Johnson plays (LAR) start him over Waller (WAS) and Dev Henderson (PIT)?

bye weeks suck!

.5 ppr :
Hunt -@ indy
Aj. Dillon-@ denver
I think it depends on Aaron Jones status. If he's out I definitely start Dillon against the Broncos. It's a good volume play and matchup. But Dillon looks nothing like the RB who ended they year strong in '21 & '22.

If Jones is in the Lineup I think I may go with Hunt. It's a bit of a risk as the Browns look committed to Ford and if Watson plays they may not rely on the run quite as much but Hunt looks okay, he can catch, and even with Watson the Browns probably recognize their best path to victory is ball control and strong defense.

Foreman vs LV
Rice vs LAC

1/2 ppr
For me it's Foreman. Maybe not super exciting choice but, with Roschon out he's going to get 15 carries easily, and probably more. He looked fine last week and the Raiders are a neutral matchup, at worst. The Raiders have played surprisingly well on D and Tyler Bagent isn't scaring anyone but this isn't a **** down defense and the Raiders are starting Brian Hoyer so I don't anticipate they run away with the game.

I like Rice but I don't see a particularly high ceiling ATM. 50 yards and a score is probably a realistic hope but 120 & 2 just doesn't seem to be in the cards just yet.

Foreman>Rice

Need a flex for full PPR

I like Warren plenty but Diontae has been a full participant at practice all week. Even if he doesn't have a good game, his presence will likely siphon off some of the targets Warren has been getting reducing Warren's value. I fully expect Diontae to see his usual 8-9 targets.

Wilson is definitely interesting on that offense and if you want to go for the home run, he's probably your call but it's his first action all season and the Eagles still have a strong rush defense.

Diontae>Wilson>Warren

Pick 3: full ppr:
J Gibbs
James Cook
DJ Moore
Devonta Smith
Gabe Davis
I believe Campbell when he says Gibbs will be the lead back. And I think, considering your options, he's your best volume play.

Since it's a full PPR I don't think you can simply discount DJ Moore just because Tyrone Bagent is his QB. In a quarter and a half Bagent targeted Moore 6 times for 4-44-0. Who else if he going to throw to. Maybe not a great ceiling but he probably has a decent floor.

Cook is a boring, between the 20s option. But, in Bills victories he sees 16 touches (2 receptions) for 105 yards on average, and this week smells like a Bills win. It feels like he's an afterthought inside the 10 (6 carries for 18 yards & a TD with 0 targets) but backing featured players from winning teams is never a bad idea.

Same applies to Gabe (and DeVonta) but Davis is still frustratingly all about the TDs. No TD = disappointed fantasy managers. In 53 games Davis has maxed out at 6 receptions and only three times. He's not the guy who will make up for a 0 TD performance with an 8-80-0 day. Then again he has a TD in 22 career regular season games (41.5%). Bills score a lot, they should win so there is always a chance for Davis but I really don't like guys like him.

In 40 career games DeVonta has 13 games with 6 or more receptions with 8 100+ yard games (Davis has 4). He also scores in 30% of his games so far. Not as good as Davis but not bad either. Miami is a fine matchup for DeVonta and this has the feel of an exciting game that probably won't feature the defenses when it's all said and done. Personally I have a feeling this will be a DeVonta game with a couple old Alabama teammates trying to one up each other.

You have five solid choices and you know there is an argument for any of them over the others. This comes down to your gut feelings. If this was my team I would probably end up with

Gibbs>DeVonta>Davis>DJ>Cook

But I would probably be equally comfortable and uncomfortable with any combination of the five

Who do you guys like better at QB this week? 6pts passing TDs, 6pts rushing Tds. 1 pt 25 passing, 1 pt 10 yards rushing. no negatives for turnovers.

Stafford at home vs Pittsburgh
Geno at home vs Arizona

Neither have exactly tore it up this year.

Half PPR, moderate favourite after starting Kamara:

Diontae @ Rams
Flowers v Lions
Personally I like flowers, especially as DJ is just getting back.
Who do you guys like better at QB this week? 6pts passing TDs, 6pts rushing Tds. 1 pt 25 passing, 1 pt 10 yards rushing. no negatives for turnovers.

Geno at home vs Arizona

Stafford but that’s largely just gut.

PPR

DJ Moore vs LV
or
Flowers vs DET
The last 3 qbs have thrown for 549 yds total and 1 td vs LV....add in Chicago is starting a backup qb nobody has ever heard of and I cant fathom how Moore has a good day. I think flowers is easily the play here, especially ppr.
Oh come on! bagent is a stud.
Yeah, flowers without thinking twice. Moore could blow up I guess but he’s far more likely to have a bad game.

A) Geno Smith & Pollard
for

A little context
A starts Geno

Redraft? Super-flex?

Difficult to imagine Geno starting in a 1 QB format.

In a 1QB, redraft format I imagine Pollard gets that deal done.
I traded for a qb to keep from having to start geno, having said that he HAS thrown for 300 yards 3/5 games so the offense hasnt been awful but he is just not throwing tds.....if he could just get back to throwing 2 tds a week ( he had 30 last year) he would be an ok fringe starter. He has the weapons to do that (though Im not expecting it at this point)

Half PPR, moderate favourite after starting Kamara:

Diontae @ Rams
Flowers v Lions
Personally I like flowers, especially as DJ is just getting back.

Geno at home vs Arizona

Stafford but that’s largely just gut.
Its odd that these 2 qbs havent thrown for more tds than they have given the weapons they each have at wr.... Pitt has given up 7 tds on the year and arizona 9 (but in 1 more game) this one really is a pickem...maybe edge to Stafford with Metcalf not healthy and Kupp back.

SF - if Watson plays @ IND is he an auto start over tyrod Taylor vs WAS (presuming Jones is out)? Could promote Tyson Bagent and start him (LVR). 🤔

If Diantae Johnson plays (LAR) start him over Waller (WAS) and Dev Henderson (PIT)?

bye weeks suck!
speaking of bye weeks: Has anybody heard a rationale why the NFL does the bye weeks the way they do it? I cant think of any legitimate reason we have 6 teams on bye weeks this week and zero week 8.

PPR

DJ Moore vs LV
or
Flowers vs DET
Oh come on! bagent is a stud.
Yeah, flowers without thinking twice. Moore could blow up I guess but he’s far more likely to have a bad game.
I couldnt think of his name. It was a coin flip whether I called him Bob Saget....I decided against lame comedy and went with backup qb instead.

Users who are viewing this thread