What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 07 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (3 Viewers)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 7

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week was a tie; I went 20-21-5 :bag: and the coin toss managed 20-21-5

On the season I am 196-199-18 and the randbetween is 193-202-18

This week I have questions around my WR2 & flex. I haven't had this many similar options in a long time.

Full PPR - need a WR & a flex

Jerome Ford @ Indy
D'Onta Foreman v Raiders
Jahmyr Gibbs @ Baltimore
Jordan Mason @ Minnesota (if McCaffrey is out)
Michael Pittman v Cleveland
Zay Flowers v Detroit
Josh Palmer @ KC

12 team full PPR league start 1QB/2RB/2WR/1Flex/1TE/1DST/1K

Pick 1 RB from the following (Starting Barkley in the #1 spot and Aiyuk in the Flex with Allen and AJ Brown as my other WRs):

James Cook
Mostert
Ford

This week I have questions around my WR2 & flex. I haven't had this many similar options in a long time.

Jerome Ford @ Indy
D'Onta Foreman v Raiders
Jahmyr Gibbs @ Baltimore
Zay Flowers v Detroit
Josh Palmer @ KC

Zay as your WR2 and Ford as your flex.

In this 12-team PPR league, we start 3 WRs and 2 flexes. I am thin at RB, so I start 5 WRs. Which 5 of these 7 should be started this week? (In other words, which 2 would you not start?)

Addison vs. SF
Doubs @ DEN
Kirk @ NO
Lockett vs. ARI
Puka vs. PIT
R. Rice vs. LAC
Waddle @ PHI

Pick 1 RB from the following (Starting Barkley in the #1 spot and Aiyuk in the Flex with Allen and AJ Brown as my other WRs):

James Cook
Mostert
Ford
I don't think you can play Cook ATM even with the injury to Harris. It seems they are perfectly content using him as a between the 20s guy and bringing in their sturdier RBs near the GL. He's a fine volume play with a reasonable floor but the scheme is limiting his upside. And they are kicking the tires on Fournette today so I don't think Cook's role is going to increase near the GL anytime soon.

Not sure you can bench Mostert with Achane out of the picture, even in a tough matchup (on paper). Brooks and Ahmed are there to give him breathers.

I like how Ford is producing and I don't think I am concerned about Hunt's role just yet. Indianapolis is a nice matchup, particularly after what Etienne did to them. There really isn't an internal reason to bench Ford but, externally, I think you have a better option. Nothing wrong with rolling Ford over Mostert though.

Mostert>Ford>Cook

In this 12-team PPR league, we start 3 WRs and 2 flexes. I am thin at RB, so I start 5 WRs. Which 5 of these 7 should be started this week? (In other words, which 2 would you not start?)

Addison vs. SF
Doubs @ DEN
Kirk @ NO
Lockett vs. ARI
Puka vs. PIT
R. Rice vs. LAC
Waddle @ PHI
Personally I bench Doubs & Rice and I don't really give it a second thought.

The other options are simply more primary in their offenses. You could make an argument for Doubs but I can't see who I would start him over. Maybe Addison, I guess.

But, those are the two I would bench.

Jerome Ford @ Indy
D'Onta Foreman v Raiders
Jahmyr Gibbs @ Baltimore
Zay Flowers v Detroit
Josh Palmer @ KC
I like Flowers and Mason (if CMC is out). It seems like Flowers is a favorite Target of LJ and the game could be wild. Mason seems to be the favored one to replace CMC.

James Cook
Mostert
Ford
I think the Eagles can be pretty stout against the run but I'd ride or die with Mostert until he proves otherwise

Addison vs. SF
Doubs @ DEN
Kirk @ NO
Lockett vs. ARI
Puka vs. PIT
R. Rice vs. LAC
Waddle @ PHI
Addison sits and possibly Puka as well.

10 team 1/2ppr league Start 3:

Bijan Robinson vs TB
D'Andre Swift vs Miami
Saquon Barkley vs Eagles
Alvin Kamara vs Jax

Life was simpler with Barkley hurt but now I have to make a Choice. Note that Kamara has a Thursday game

Bijan Robinson vs TB
D'Andre Swift vs Miami
Saquon Barkley vs Eagles
Alvin Kamara vs Jax

Life was simpler with Barkley hurt but now I have to make a Choice. Note that Kamara has a Thursday game
You've got your matchups off. Saquon has the Commanders at home and Swift has Miami at home and Bijan has TB but it's a road game.

Any way you look at it you're benching a talented, high volume guy.

To me that actually makes the decision a little easier in this case. The way I see it is Bijan and Kamara have the toughest matchups by a good margin, but Bijan's is a little tougher and it's on the road. He also has a bigger volume and TD vulture in Allgeier than Kamara has.

I'd hate to bench any of these guys but I think Bijan is probably the one.

Bijan Robinson vs TB
D'Andre Swift vs Miami
Saquon Barkley vs Eagles
Alvin Kamara vs Jax

You've got your matchups off. Saquon has the Commanders at home and Swift has Miami at home and Bijan has TB but it's a road game.

Any way you look at it you're benching a talented, high volume guy.

To me that actually makes the decision a little easier in this case. The way I see it is Bijan and Kamara have the toughest matchups by a good margin, but Bijan's is a little tougher and it's on the road. He also has a bigger volume and TD vulture in Allgeier than Kamara has.

I'd hate to bench any of these guys but I think Bijan is probably the one.
thanks! trying to multitask. Your assessment makes sense. I wish I had this depth in other positions but i don't

.5 PPR, I'm 2-4....so the bleed needs to stop this week. Starters in bold with starting requirements 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

RB's: Kamara, Bijan, Swift, Javonte/McLaughlin/Roschon J
WR's: Adams, Waddle, Aiyuk, Puka, Flowers, Dointae Johnson

For now I'm Swift (solid) but then Puka vs Pitt>Flowers vs Lions> Roschon vs Vegas > Diontae vs Rams in the flex spots.

My QB and TE are Lamar/Andrews.

.5 PPR, I'm 2-4....so the bleed needs to stop this week. Starters in bold with starting requirements 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 FLEX

WR's: Adams, Waddle, Aiyuk, Puka, Flowers, Dointae Johnson

For now I'm Swift (solid) but then Puka vs Pitt>Flowers vs Lions> Roschon vs Vegas > Diontae vs Rams in the flex spots.

I agree with Swift. At this point I'm starting him over Kamara & Bijan.

I agree about your 3WR

For flex I might go with Flowers over Puka because I think Flowers is the unquestioned #1 WR in Baltimore and arguably the #1 receiving target.

That being said, one down game does not a trend make and Puka has been incredible so far this season and has 18 targets in two games with Kupp back in the lineup. So if you think Puka>Flowers then I would go with it.

Several early week mysteries to solve:
  1. WR3 Jayden Reed at DEN or Jameson Williams at BAL
  2. RB2 Zach Evans v PIT or Jahmyr Gibbs at BAL
  3. TE Sam LaPorta at BAL or Luke Musgrave at DEN
  4. Flex Roschon Johnson v LV or Jaylen Warren at LAR
My Flex spot is WR/RB/TE, so in addition to Johnson or Warren, Flex could also be one of the six guys in the first three position spots.

@Chaka If you provide 100% accuracy this week I will ship you a tchotchke (small bric-à-brac) item from the M&T Bank Stadium store.

Also, depending on your feelings about starting multiple players from the same team, I am currently rostering the following Lions:
  • Goff
    starting for Burrow on a bye....or rather my ****ing backup QB whom I started 4 times won't **** me over this week
  • Jamo
    always a threat for a long TD; last week's 45 yarder was worth 14.50 points in our crazy bonus scoring format
  • Jahmyr
    acquired 4 days ago so new toy I haven't played with yet
  • LaPorta
    only 4 receptions on 11 targets last week when he battled Lavonte David on 6 targets - 3 catches - but had only 1 catch 6 targets v DBs
  • Detroit DST
    in our complicated format, 14th; BAL is 7th, but starting CLE - 3rd best on a PPG basis.
THIS IS NOT the way to win a FF championship. It is absolutely the best way to play FF when the hometown team is having what might be the best season of my lifetime.

Jerome Ford @ Indy
D'Onta Foreman v Raiders
Jahmyr Gibbs @ Baltimore
Zay Flowers v Detroit
Josh Palmer @ KC

ECR Week 7 Full PPR Flex Rankings
  1. Ford (RB16) 43rd
  2. Foreman RB30) 96th risky play IMO as I think this is Roschon time with Fields out
  3. Gibbs (RB31) 94th
  4. Mason (RB41) 121st
  5. Pittman (WR21) 38th one of my least favorite players lol
  6. Flowers (WR22) 39th
  7. Palmer (WR34) 59th
I'd go slightly against consensus and fire up Flowers at WR and Ford at RB - though my heart says Gibbs.

Bijan Robinson at TB
D'Andre Swift vs Miami
Saquon Barkley vs Eagles Commanders
Alvin Kamara vs Jax

You have four of the top ten half PPR RBs playing Week 7; nice humble brag.

They are all good options. Ask your dog which one he likes, and give him the silent treatment If he blows it.

.5 PPR
2RB, 3WR 2 FLEX

WR's: Adams, Waddle, Aiyuk, Puka, Flowers, Dointae Dionte Johnson

Nice combo on the singles (Ljax-Andrews), don't sweat it that injuries and inconsistency did you in, it's a long season.

Agree with your first pass, go with Puka and Flowers in the Flex and don't overthink it, you'll catch up and make the playoffs.

Be patient.

PPR
Need 2 of these guys;
Jahmyr Gibbs @ BAL
Jaylen Warren @ LAR
Jaxon Smith-Njigba vs ARI

Gibbs - will get the bulk of the work this week IMO but potentially low scoring affair with few TDs (though Detroit has scored 20 or more 15 straight games, longest active streak)

JSN - saw a season high 39 routes run and had his best yardage production, modest 4-48
ADoT by week:
  1. 1.0
  2. 2.3
  3. 4.3
  4. 5.8
  5. bye
  6. 7.4
Still the 3rd option but I like the trend. Volume is a concern obviously.

Warren - solid and efficient 10 ppg most weeks, snap count and utilization almost even with Najee, but is there any true upside here? Tough matchup.

IDK, nothing obvious here IMO. If you are favored I think I would favor the two RBs, good floor on volume. If you are a dog in the matchup I would go Gibbs + JSN for upside potential, but with the understanding it is marginally more risky.

Jerome Ford @ Indy
D'Onta Foreman v Raiders
Jahmyr Gibbs @ Baltimore
Zay Flowers v Detroit
Josh Palmer @ KC
I'm going Flowers & Pittman
- Flowers is far and away Lamar's favorite WR. He has more targets than the next 4 WR's combined! Andrews missed week 1, but Flowers has 38 targets compared to 34 for Andrews in the 5 games they've played together.
- In the 2 games Richardson missed (weeks 3 & 6), Minshew had 99 attempts and threw Pittman's way 25 times. I'd argue Minshew is actually a boost to Pittman's outlook. He throws more often, and is more accurate.

My Flex spot is WR/RB/TE, so in addition to Johnson or Warren, Flex could also be one of the six guys in the first three position spots.

@Chaka If you provide 100% accuracy this week I will ship you a tchotchke (small bric-à-brac) item from the M&T Bank Stadium store.

Also, depending on your feelings about starting multiple players from the same team, I am currently rostering the following Lions:
  • Goff
    starting for Burrow on a bye....or rather my ****ing backup QB whom I started 4 times won't **** me over this week
  • Jamo
    always a threat for a long TD; last week's 45 yarder was worth 14.50 points in our crazy bonus scoring format
  • Jahmyr
  • LaPorta
    only 4 receptions on 11 targets last week when he battled Lavonte David on 6 targets - 3 catches - but had only 1 catch 6 targets v DBs
  • Detroit DST
    in our complicated format, 14th; BAL is 7th, but starting CLE - 3rd best on a PPG basis.
THIS IS NOT the way to win a FF championship. It is absolutely the best way to play FF when the hometown team is having what might be the best season of my lifetime.
I'm assuming this is a PPR league.

Jameson was on my waiver wire until yesterday, a long with Rashee Rice. My feeling is that if everyone available on the wire (Doubs, C.Samuel, Bourne, Z.Evans, TuTu, Z.Jones, J.Reed etc) hit their maximum potential this season, in their respective offenses, those two are the only true Kingmakers. They're on the best teams, with the best offenses. People are down on Jameson for good reasons but none of those reasons relate to talent.

You're asking this question because of the matchups Denver is pretty much the worst passing defense and Baltimore is pretty much the best. But Baltimore has had a cake passing schedule (look it up) and hasn't faced nearly as complete a team as the Lions.

Goff seems to have put his road issues behind him too.

When speculating between two dart throws I personally side with the most talent on the best team.

Jameson>Reed

Could I make the exact case for Gibbs over Evans? Yup. I do have a bit of hesitation though. With Reed there isn't much of a track record of production for him or the GB passing game. But the Rams running game has been surprisingly impactful. Kyren had TDs in four of six games and multiple TDs three times, including last week with Kupp in the lineup.

I don't consider Kyren to be a special RB talent, he's small and he's slow (dude ran a 4.65 at the combine) but, in that offense apparently RBs put up numbers. They also face a defense that gave up 100+ yards to the Chubbless Browns (Ford 16-106) & the Texans (along with SF & Bal). They can be run on.

I want you to unbox your shiny new toy this week. Gibbs should see volume, he can catch (allegedly) and he's on a great team. I am concerned about his hamstring and if he will see the carries inside the 5 yard line.

I will flip/flop on this one several times but ATM
Evans>Gibbs

LaPorta v Musgrave. You serious, Clark?
LaPorta>Musgrave

Warren seems more locked into his touches ATM than Roschon. He's almost a lock for 60 yards with 3 receptions and he has upside.

Maybe Roschon has been unlucky but he wasn't seeing any kind of meaningful timeshare with Herbert and I wonder how much of one he will see with D'Onta with a rookie QB under center. And, even if he does see a meaningful role what does that amount to with [checks PFR] Tyson Bagent at QB? Seriously WTH is Shepard college?

Historically this is exactly the kind of game the Raiders lose but this Raiders team seems to be learning how to win ugly.

It's close and I want to go with the rookie but
Warren>Roschon

As for players from the same team, I had great success last season starting Goff, ARSB, Jamaal & Swift last season. Right up until the Panthers game. Still, I was absolutely contending all year with that lineup.

This year I am rolling Hurts, AJ & Swift and not complaining for a second.

Jerome Ford @ Indy
D'Onta Foreman v Raiders
Jahmyr Gibbs @ Baltimore
Zay Flowers v Detroit
Josh Palmer @ KC

ECR Week 7 Full PPR Flex Rankings
  1. Ford (RB16) 43rd
  2. Foreman RB30) 96th risky play IMO as I think this is Roschon time with Fields out
  3. Gibbs (RB31) 94th
  4. Mason (RB41) 121st
  5. Pittman (WR21) 38th one of my least favorite players lol
  6. Flowers (WR22) 39th
  7. Palmer (WR34) 59th
I'd go slightly against consensus and fire up Flowers at WR and Ford at RB - though my heart says Gibbs.
What's an ECR?

Choose 2 RBs (yes my team sucks) in half PPR:

Gibbs vs BAL
Cook vs NE
Warren vs LAR

And then choose a flex between the RB you did NOT pick above and Rashee Rice vs LAC

• Goff
  • Jamo
  • Jahmyr
  • LaPorta
  • Detroit DST
I'm assuming this is a PPR league.

Jameson was on my waiver wire until yesterday, a long with Rashee Rice. My feeling is that if everyone available on the wire (Doubs, C.Samuel, Bourne, Z.Evans, TuTu, Z.Jones, J.Reed etc) hit their maximum potential this season, in their respective offenses, those two are the only true Kingmakers. They're on the best teams, with the best offenses. People are down on Jameson for good reasons but none of those reasons relate to talent.

You're asking this question because of the matchups Denver is pretty much the worst passing defense and Baltimore is pretty much the best. But Baltimore has had a cake passing schedule (look it up) and hasn't faced nearly as complete a team as the Lions.

Goff seems to have put his road issues behind him too.

When speculating between two dart throws I personally side with the most talent on the best team.

Jameson>Reed

Could I make the exact case for Gibbs over Evans? Yup. I do have a bit of hesitation though. With Reed there isn't much of a track record of production for him or the GB passing game. But the Rams running game has been surprisingly impactful. Kyren had TDs in four of six games and multiple TDs three times, including last week with Kupp in the lineup.

I don't consider Kyren to be a special RB talent, he's small and he's slow (dude ran a 4.65 at the combine) but, in that offense apparently RBs put up numbers. They also face a defense that gave up 100+ yards to the Chubbless Browns (Ford 16-106) & the Texans (along with SF & Bal). They can be run on.

I want you to unbox your shiny new toy this week. Gibbs should see volume, he can catch (allegedly) and he's on a great team. I am concerned about his hamstring and if he will see the carries inside the 5 yard line.

I will flip/flop on this one several times but ATM
Evans>Gibbs

LaPorta v Musgrave. You serious, Clark?
LaPorta>Musgrave

Warren seems more locked into his touches ATM than Roschon. He's almost a lock for 60 yards with 3 receptions and he has upside.

Maybe Roschon has been unlucky but he wasn't seeing any kind of meaningful timeshare with Herbert and I wonder how much of one he will see with D'Onta with a rookie QB under center. And, even if he does see a meaningful role what does that amount to with [checks PFR] Tyson Bagent at QB? Seriously WTH is Shepard college?

Historically this is exactly the kind of game the Raiders lose but this Raiders team seems to be learning how to win ugly.

It's close and I want to go with the rookie but
Warren>Roschon

As for players from the same team, I had great success last season starting Goff, ARSB, Jamaal & Swift last season. Right up until the Panthers game. Still, I was absolutely contending all year with that lineup.

This year I am rolling Hurts, AJ & Swift and not complaining for a second.

I don’t know how much Honolulu blue swag I’ll find in Baltimore or at M&A Bank Stadium, but I’ll get you a token of my appreciation if these all hit.

Good news is you’re off the hook on Gibbs. I’m forced to start him at RB2 bc my bid on Evans for 29% of my remaining FAAB fell $13 short.

Will do as I’m told:

Jamo, LaPorta, and Warren it is!

:thanks:

Appreciate what you do for TSP @Chaka

Ppr

Z. Evans vs pit
Or
K. Hunt @ Ind
My feeling with Evans is who else is McVay going to use? Royce Freeman and Darrell Henderson?

I guess, maybe. I don't view this as a Roschon v Foreman situation where the veteran actually has a long track record of solid performance. Something that should be particularly valuable with a rookie QB in his first start.

The Rams have strong veteran presences on offense. Freeman has a track record of not doing much. He also plays special teams with the Rams more than Evans.

I think this is Evans show or, alt least he gets first crack at the job. And the Rams offense has been very RB friendly this season. One back driven, and Kyren has scored in four of six games with three multi TD games. And Kyren isn't anything special.

Evans>Hunt

Addison vs. SF
Doubs @ DEN
Kirk @ NO
Lockett vs. ARI
Puka vs. PIT
R. Rice vs. LAC
Waddle @ PHI
Sit Rice and Doubs. Unless Lawrence can't go vs NO, then sit Kirk and Doubs.

Here's One.
FFPC scoring:

Need ONE final flex:

Z.Flowers vs Det
D.Goedert vs Mia
R.Stevenson vs Buff
J.Mason @ Minn(if CMC is out)

Choose 2 RBs (yes my team sucks) in half PPR:

Gibbs vs BAL
Cook vs NE
Warren vs LAR

And then choose a flex between the RB you did NOT pick above and Rashee Rice vs LAC
Simply from an expected usage % I can't start Warren over Gibbs or Cook.

Warren will get 12 touches (3 receptions) and 60 yards but if he wants a TD he's going to have to make it happen from a little distance because Najee gets the GL stuff.

Cook doesn't get GL stuff either but he should still see more opportunities and he's on a much better offense against a reeling opponent.

We don't know if Gibbs will get the GL stuff but it's certainly a possibility. My feeling is, if given the opportunity the Lions want to get him his first TD this week. And he should see the majority of snaps and opportunities in a top offense.

Between Rashee & Warren it's really about floor vs ceiling...ish. Rice is finding the end zone and it looks like his snaps are trending up but his floor is still low and we aren't sure if he has a high ceiling yet. I think he does it, who knows?

I think the smart move is
Warren>Rice

Bye week issues. PPR league, who do you start at RB2?

R White vs ATL
McLaughlin vs GB
This is purely about volume vs perceived upside.

White had a down game for touches but he still carries an 80% snap share. There is no RBBC coming in Tampa. It's a tough matchup and he has had poor efficiency but White should see another 17 opportunities.

Jaleel led the team with a season high 40% snap share last week even with Javonte in the lineup. He appears to have supplanted Perine in the offense. He may be good for 9-12 opportunities, which isn't bad. Particularly with a weak Packers run defense up next.

It's a big risk but I think I like
Jaleel>White

Here's One.
FFPC scoring:

Need ONE final flex:

Z.Flowers vs Det
D.Goedert vs Mia
R.Stevenson vs Buff
J.Mason @ Minn(if CMC is out)
Until we have any info on McCaffrey, Mason has to be on the bench. Personally I think he will act as the lead back in McCaffrey's absence but I expect to see Mitchell used plenty with an opportunity to take over lead back touches in any given game. Maybe that changes if Mason balls out, but until that happens he carries a lot more risk.

Personally I think I roll with Flowers. He seems to be the clear #1 WR in that offense and may even continue to see more targets overall than Andrews (as has been the case overall when they have both been in the lineup). Andrews has the TD edge but looking at the data, inside the 5 Flowers has 2 targets and Andrews 3, inside the 10 they each have 4 and inside the 15 Flowers has a 7 to 4 edge. Andrews has missed some time so it's not entirely apples to apples but Flowers is definitely not an afterthought as they approach the goal line.

Goedert, even with the 0.5 PPR edge, just seems too sporadic and even if Rhamondre had a decent game at Las Vegas, 70 yards (5 receptions) and a TD isn't enough to move the needle for me when Buffalo is up next.

Flowers>not sure who is second, probably Rhamondre for volume.

Ppr

Z. Evans vs pit
Or
K. Hunt @ Ind
My feeling with Evans is who else is McVay going to use? Royce Freeman and Darrell Henderson?

I guess, maybe. I don't view this as a Roschon v Foreman situation where the veteran actually has a long track record of solid performance. Something that should be particularly valuable with a rookie QB in his first start.

The Rams have strong veteran presences on offense. Freeman has a track record of not doing much. He also plays special teams with the Rams more than Evans.

I think this is Evans show or, alt least he gets first crack at the job. And the Rams offense has been very RB friendly this season. One back driven, and Kyren has scored in four of six games with three multi TD games. And Kyren isn't anything special.

Evans>Hunt

What about mattison vs sf vs evans?

Half PPR league where QBs get 4 per TD and 1 pt every 25 yard. I know I’ll start Ekeler, Mostert, Ridley and Logan Thomas. Do I wait on McCaffery (flex spot) or go with one of the following:

Roschon Johnson
Jameson Williams
Diontae Johnson
Jeff Wilson

Or drop one of Geno/Cousins for free agent fodder? Thanks!

Ppr

Z. Evans vs pit
Or
K. Hunt @ Ind

Evans>Hunt

What about mattison vs sf vs evans?
I'm not a Mattison guy. Right, wrong or otherwise that's me.

Mattison is so very, very uninspiring. And he has a tough matchup. Technically the Niners are middle of the pack as a fantasy defense against RBs but they're the #1 real world scoring defense & #6 in rush yards against.

However, it looks like the challenge from Akers has been met and Mattison is still the clear #1 RB. But I just don't think he has much ceiling. Maybe 60-80 total yards (3 receptions) and a TD should be his expected high end. Some crazy, weird 3 TD effort is always possible but that probability seems low.

And Mattison's floor is probably 40 total yards and a reception.

But he's a 17 touch guy and that's kind of a big deal.

We know virtually nothing about Evans but we do know the offense seems to favor a lead back and feeding that back near the GL.

It depends on your aversion to risk because Evans has a floor of zero.

For me
Evans>Mattison

Half PPR league where QBs get 4 per TD and 1 pt every 25 yard. I know I’ll start Ekeler, Mostert, Ridley and Logan Thomas. Do I wait on McCaffery (flex spot) or go with one of the following:

Roschon Johnson
Jameson Williams
Diontae Johnson
Jeff Wilson

Or drop one of Geno/Cousins for free agent fodder? Thanks!
I take it Jordan Mason & Elijah Mitchell are not available on your waiver wire?

One WDIS and one WDIpickup- this week

standard scoring

Aiyuk @ Vikings
or
Olave vs Jags

for waivers tonight, following choices available
Jordan Mason
Eli Mitchell
Zach Evans
Javonte Williams

Thank you!

standard scoring

Jordan Mason
Eli Mitchell
Zach Evans
Javonte Williams

Thank you!
I mean, it's gotta be Javonte, right? Jaleel is eating into Perine's workload. Javonte looks good and should only get stronger. Whether the team can turn anything around is a different story, but he's the immediate/mid/long term option here.

If you need a full in for a few weeks right now then I might roll with Evans with Rivers on IR and Kyren scheduled to miss "a couple games".

If you're looking to shoot the moon and grab McCaffrey's backup, personally I'm Team Mason but that has a lot to do with Mitchell's durability.

standard scoring

Jordan Mason
Eli Mitchell
Zach Evans
Javonte Williams

Thank you!
I mean, it's gotta be Javonte, right? Jaleel is eating into Perine's workload. Javonte looks good and should only get stronger. Whether the team can turn anything around is a different story, but he's the immediate/mid/long term option here.

If you need a full in for a few weeks right now then I might roll with Evans with Rivers on IR and Kyren scheduled to miss "a couple games".

If you're looking to shoot the moon and grab McCaffrey's backup, personally I'm Team Mason but that has a lot to do with Mitchell's durability.

Thank you for the waiver advice. You missed my WDIS

Aiyuk @ Vikings
or
Olave vs Jags

Thanks so much for all you do in this thread

standard scoring

Aiyuk @ Vikings
or
Olave vs Jags

Thank you!
I think I'm team Olave here. His volume is exactly what you want and his upside is as big as anyone's. The Saints are technically down two starting tackles but they have two guys with starting experience to fill in, including last year's #1 draft pick.

Obviously the addition of Carr hasn't been the passing game boost the team was hoping for but that's why I think volume is king.

Aiyuk has only been pretty decent since his week 1 big game. His volume is a lot lower and the Niners are facing a lesser Vikings offense with Jefferson out, so they may not need to push to score.

I also think Olave is simply more talented than Aiyuk (who is also pretty talented).

Olave>Aiyuk

Users who are viewing this thread