What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Jayden Reed being questionable to start tomorrow and Pickens playing today makes this more difficult

PPR, choose one for my flex
Jayden Reed @ CAR
George Pickens vs CIN
Josh Downs @ ATL
Isaiah Likely @ SF
Demario Douglas @ DEN

Normally Reed would be an easy start, but I'm nervous that even assuming he plays, his injury status could limit his snaps, but maybe he's still the play unless he's ruled out (in which case I can fall back on anyone but Pickens)

So I could maybe just start Pickens who theoretically has the best combination of floor and ceiling, but for all I know the floor could get pulled out from under him if he abdicates blocking responsibilities again

I guess Downs is the Colts punt returner now? His 38 yards in returns last week would have given me 3.8 points and helps his floor, but receptions have been hard to come by recently

Weird to consider starting a TE as flex @SF, but Likely has put up 2 straight big weeks

I like Douglas, but almost didn't put him down as an option -- his performance makes a stronger case than I realized
For me I probably risk Downs or Reed. How can you trust Pickens at this point?
Whelp...
Yeah, I just couldn't do it, sigh ... and another big sigh

But I see Pittman is now out for tomorrow so presumably that makes Downs a better play than he was before at least

Jayden Reed being questionable to start tomorrow and Pickens playing today makes this more difficult

PPR, choose one for my flex
Jayden Reed @ CAR
George Pickens vs CIN
Josh Downs @ ATL
Isaiah Likely @ SF
Demario Douglas @ DEN

Normally Reed would be an easy start, but I'm nervous that even assuming he plays, his injury status could limit his snaps, but maybe he's still the play unless he's ruled out (in which case I can fall back on anyone but Pickens)

So I could maybe just start Pickens who theoretically has the best combination of floor and ceiling, but for all I know the floor could get pulled out from under him if he abdicates blocking responsibilities again

I guess Downs is the Colts punt returner now? His 38 yards in returns last week would have given me 3.8 points and helps his floor, but receptions have been hard to come by recently

Weird to consider starting a TE as flex @SF, but Likely has put up 2 straight big weeks

I like Douglas, but almost didn't put him down as an option -- his performance makes a stronger case than I realized
For me I probably risk Downs or Reed. How can you trust Pickens at this point?
Whelp...
Yeah, I just couldn't do it, sigh ... and another big sigh

But I see Pittman is now out for tomorrow so presumably that makes Downs a better play than he was before at least
What you didn't see two 60+ yard TDs for Pickens (so far) coming? I mean, it was obvious after he literally quit on the team last week. Obviously Mason Rudolph is the next Terry Bradshaw too.

I didn't see that about Pittman, it hurts my team deeply but I like it for Downs (even if I now downgrade the Colts overall).

Apparently Pittman has been downgraded to Out.

Super-Flex, PPR, need a flex:

Zay Flowers @ SF
Calvin Ridley @ TB
Jerome Ford @ Hou
Will Levis v Sea
Taylor Heinicke v Ind

I am generally opposed to a QB this week, those guys just don't seem to have much upside. I am almost tempted to eliminate them from the equation but need to be willing to be talked out of it.

I honestly think Ford, Ridley & Flowers seems poised for big games but...just can't decide, yet.

Zay Flowers @ SF
Calvin Ridley @ TB
Jerome Ford @ Hou
Will Levis v Sea
Taylor Heinicke v Ind

I am generally opposed to a QB this week, those guys just don't seem to have much upside. I am almost tempted to eliminate them from the equation but need to be willing to be talked out of it.

I honestly think Ford, Ridley & Flowers seems poised for big games but...just can't decide, yet.
I like Ridley here with Lawrence back. Plus that Bucs secondary is absolute Swiss cheese.

Flowers is questionable too...

@Chaka With the news Lawrence is traveling with the team and cleared concussion is it worth chancing him being active vs the 25th vs QB defense or is starting a sure Goff indoors in the earlier window vs the Vikings 15th vs QB def the better shout? I do have Beathard should Lawrence not be active...but ewww.

I'm leaning Goff..

Need some advice on a start tonight bros …

Taysom hill? Start em? I’ve already got Njoku starting - this is a TE Premium league though.

I would be benching Taysom for JSN this week fwiw

So it comes down to JSN @ TENN or Taysom tonight.
I probably would have said Taysom because he gets so much diverse usage and still has crazy upside.
I’m glad you didn’t answer before Thursday, sir.

Very much appreciate what you’ve done here over the years though, keep up the good work 😎

@Chaka With the news Lawrence is traveling with the team and cleared concussion is it worth chancing him being active vs the 25th vs QB defense or is starting a sure Goff indoors in the earlier window vs the Vikings 15th vs QB def the better shout? I do have Beathard should Lawrence not be active...but ewww.

I'm leaning Goff..
I'm leaning Goff too because I think he has a solid floor and as high a ceiling as almost anymore.

To be fair I think Lawrence has a higher ceiling, I just think it's more difficult to unlock.

Half ppr, been riding Howell since early in the year, but the time for that has passed. Nothing beats streaming in the semis! I have these alternatives:

Mayfield v Jax
Mullens v Det
Flacco @ Hou

I don't have a WR2 either (lost Keenan and Dell). Possibilites:

C. Samuel @ Jets
Z. Flowers @ SF
Wicks @ Car

I started Zay last week and got a blank. At least I have Puca!

Lost the same two in another half ppr. Possibilites there:

London v Ind
Samuel @ Jets
Wicks @ Car

No Puca here and I'm a big dog, so need upside.

Appreciate any thoughts!

TIA

Re-evaluate or leave as is? PPR. 40+ Yard TD bonus.

Down 39.7-23.3

They had Higgins (30) and Palmer (9.7) to my Olave (23.3)

The website shows us as even. I’m deciding between: McBride who I have in, G. Wilson for more upside and Swift for more of a floor.

Who I have left:

Mullens, Gibbs, AJB, Waddle, Kelce, McBride, Moody, Broncos DST

They have:

Hurts, CMC, Deebo, Lockett, Likely, Tucker, Miami DST.

Help.

Demario Douglas @ DEN

Mingo v GB

I suppose I could shove Dowdle in there.

Things are bad. Blindsided by Pittman’s late scratch, was too late to put Gabe Davisnt in.

Help.

If you can’t help, at least tell me everything is going to be ok, one day 😓

Help.

Demario Douglas @ DEN

Mingo v GB

Things are bad. Blindsided by Pittman’s late scratch, was too late to put Gabe Davisnt in.

Help.

Everything is going to be ok.

Mingo has been getting targets lately. He's got the higher ceiling and honestly the lower floor. Douglas has been so hit/miss lately with bad QB play. Are guys like Dontavian WIcks on the WW possible to pick up?

Is anyone gambling with Tyreek this week? I've read reports that he's still limping. If he's a go, he's gotta be in the lineups, right?

Tyreek Hill (Q) vs DAL

or

Terry McLaurin vs NYJ

I supposed I could flex I Likely vs SFO if he gets an OUT designation just before the game.

Dontayvion Wicks or Tucker Kraft? Looking like both Watson and Reed will be OUT, as well as Musgrave for another week.

Reed will be OUT

can't find this online

I like Wicks over Kraft but if Jayden goes I'd stick with him
I said "Looking like", not that he was out. Reed (toe) didn't practice Friday ...... Reed was outside with his teammates for Friday's practice but ultimately didn't participate, marking his third consecutive absence.......It's still possible both Reed and Wicks play......The lack of practice participation this week suggests Reed will be a game-time decision, at best

From my vantage point I doubt Reed plays.

I have a great skill of not stressing to much on starting options. I feel the pressure on this one. Ppr. Flex.

Javonte Williams. In so far. 20 touches

Wandale Robinson. Eagles can be thrown on.

Jonathan Mingo. Home game. Packers banged up. It's a gut feel.

I have a great skill of not stressing to much on starting options. I feel the pressure on this one. Ppr. Flex.

No on Mingo.

I like Wan’Dale, he’s finally looking like himself, Javonte has been a disappointment all year. Still like Williams for next year, that was a brutal injury, Y2 might be different.

Go with the one who gives you the least agita..

Even though I don't have high expectations I would play Williams over those two. At least he will get the volume.

Even though I don't have high expectations I would play Williams over those two. At least he will get the volume.
Thanks buddy. That's what I'm leaning. Just feels better to have someone validate it. Stupid football.

Thanks buddy. That's what I'm leaning. Just feels better to have someone validate it. Stupid football.
Don't shoot me when Mingo goes for 3/112/1 :)

Help.

Demario Douglas @ DEN

Mingo v GB

Help.

Mingo has been getting targets lately. He's got the higher ceiling and honestly the lower floor. Douglas has been so hit/miss lately with bad QB play. Are guys like Dontavian WIcks on the WW possible to pick up?
Thanks, but nope. Super deep dynasty. Top of the waivers are littered with Greg Dortch’s and Jamaal Agnew types. There’s a Devante Parker out there … along with Khalif Raymond.

I’d rather go down with Mingo or DD at this point.

Help.

Demario Douglas @ DEN

Mingo v GB

Help.

Thanks, but nope. Super deep dynasty. Top of the waivers are littered with Greg Dortch’s and Jamaal Agnew types. There’s a Devante Parker out there … along with Khalif Raymond.

I’d rather go down with Mingo or DD at this point.
I'd be tempted to play Douglas over Mingo. Both are dart throws.

Half ppr, been riding Howell since early in the year, but the time for that has passed. Nothing beats streaming in the semis! I have these alternatives:

Mayfield v Jax
Mullens v Det
Flacco @ Hou

I don't have a WR2 either (lost Keenan and Dell). Possibilites:

C. Samuel @ Jets
Z. Flowers @ SF
Wicks @ Car

I started Zay last week and got a blank. At least I have Puca!

Lost the same two in another half ppr. Possibilites there:

London v Ind
Samuel @ Jets
Wicks @ Car

No Puca here and I'm a big dog, so need upside.

Appreciate any thoughts!

TIA
I'd roll the dice with Mayfield pretty comfortably. He's playing well and it's a good matchup.

I like Flowers more as a player and his role in the offense seems more secure. His matchup is no worse than Samuel's either.

I don't know enough about Wicks to trust him.

I prefer London because of matchup and upside. Your other options have just as much floor and probably less ceiling.

Re-evaluate or leave as is? PPR. 40+ Yard TD bonus.

Down 39.7-23.3

They had Higgins (30) and Palmer (9.7) to my Olave (23.3)

The website shows us as even. I’m deciding between: McBride who I have in, G. Wilson for more upside and Swift for more of a floor.

Who I have left:

Mullens, Gibbs, AJB, Waddle, Kelce, McBride, Moody, Broncos DST

They have:

Hurts, CMC, Deebo, Lockett, Likely, Tucker, Miami DST.
I'm fine with McBride here but I might, personally be tempted with Swift. I like his matchup and he gets good volume. But he hasn't broken off any big scores which is somewhat surprising considering he seemed to be a big play machine in Detroit.

Help.

Demario Douglas @ DEN

Mingo v GB

Help.

No clue here, man.

I guess I go with Mingo but that's not based on much. Probably a somewhat better matchup.

Is anyone gambling with Tyreek this week? I've read reports that he's still limping. If he's a go, he's gotta be in the lineups, right?

Tyreek Hill (Q) vs DAL

or

Terry McLaurin vs NYJ

I supposed I could flex I Likely vs SFO if he gets an OUT designation just before the game.

Not my team but my son asked for advice about Tyreek vs Jakobi Meyers. While Meyers has been solid, I just couldn’t bench Tyreek if he’s on the field.

I don't see benching a lead back for either of those options.

Ty Chandler or Javante Williams? Both have tough matchups and Williams has struggled more recently.
I like Chandler but if Mattison is active I think he caps Chandler enough to make me lean towards Williams.

If Mattison is a scratch then probably Chandler.

I'm in the large group with a hole in my W/T flex with Pittman downgraded to out.
I think I need the safety play here, not the upside, from: Flowers, Reed, Downs (and then a bunch of folks like Thielen, Brown, etc.). No PPR.

Flowers still has a Q designation, but Harbaugh says he's fine. The SF defense is very good and it's a Monday night game, so few options if he's a no-go (OBJ available).
Reed appears to be truly a game-time decision, but if he can play fully, he'd be a great choice.
With Pittman out, Downs is in a better spot, but Minshew spreads the ball around (other than Pittman, of course). It will probably be a JT day.

Thanks!

Ty Chandler or Javante Williams? Both have tough matchups and Williams has struggled more recently.
I like Chandler but if Mattison is active I think he caps Chandler enough to make me lean towards Williams.

I thought he was out, so that changes things for sure.
Mattison is in, but less than 100% and Chandler will still be the main RB (according to the head coach).

Need one flex in ppr: Chandler, Zeke, or whoever isn’t TE slot of Hock/McBride.
Probably not too much choose between Chandler and Zeke -- both should be good (but not great) choices. I would choose either of them over Hock or McBride (but I have a bias toward RBs over WR/TE).

I'm in the large group with a hole in my W/T flex with Pittman downgraded to out.
I think I need the safety play here, not the upside, from: Flowers, Reed, Downs (and then a bunch of folks like Thielen, Brown, etc.). No PPR.

Flowers still has a Q designation, but Harbaugh says he's fine. The SF defense is very good and it's a Monday night game, so few options if he's a no-go (OBJ available).
Reed appears to be truly a game-time decision, but if he can play fully, he'd be a great choice.
With Pittman out, Downs is in a better spot, but Minshew spreads the ball around (other than Pittman, of course). It will probably be a JT day.

Thanks!
In a similar boat vis-a-vis Pittman. Of your options I still probably lean towards Flowers because he is on the best offense and, despite last week I think he has the most secure role in the Ravens offense.

Reed is also a decent option if he plays. But, if he's limited and the Packers get up early I could see a more subdued outing.

I don't see a clear choice so you gotta go by feel here.

I thought he was out, so that changes things for sure.
Mattison is in, but less than 100% and Chandler will still be the main RB (according to the head coach).
I think the matchup is an issue for Chandler, regardless of Mattison.

Zay Flowers @ SF
Calvin Ridley @ TB
Jerome Ford @ Hou
Will Levis v Sea
Taylor Heinicke v Ind

I wanna say Ridley in a nice matchup with Lawrence playing. He dan disappoint though. I think Heinicke might be the guy. ATL plays good at home. It’s indoors.

Need one flex in ppr: Chandler, Zeke, or whoever isn’t TE slot of Hock/McBride.
Probably not too much choose between Chandler and Zeke -- both should be good (but not great) choices. I would choose either of them over Hock or McBride (but I have a bias toward RBs over WR/TE).
Which one you think?
I don't think that the Pats will have much success passing today, so I would go with Zeke (a slight preference over Chandler). But they're close!

half ppr

2 of 3 WR

Nico Collins
D Wicks (with Reed and Watson out)
Alec Pierce

1 Flex

Ty chandler (with Mattison active)
Devin Singletary

figuring Nico has to be in despite injury. Leaning toward pierce give wicks’ injury, but I guess ge will get a lot of work.

Singletary and chandler seem like they are kind of a toss up. Both bad matchups, both probably the lead guy but with a decent number 2 there who could steal touches

PPR

Need 2 of these RB: Kyren Williams, Mostert, Pollard, Barkley

Need 2 of these WR: Addison, Higgins, Noah Brown, Keenan Allen if he plays

FLEX: 1 of whoever is left out of the above

Right now I have Williams, Mostert / Addison, Higgins / Pollard
Agree with your choices. Might consider Barkley over Pollard because he's getting a few more opportunities/game and has been a touch more efficient. But it's close enough that I wouldn't sweat it.

Had a great start with Higgins and Kyren. I have decided to play Barkley instead of Pollard for now.

Users who are viewing this thread