What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

I like Samuel this week. Jets glue on outside WRs. Samuel should be main target in the slot. IMHO
Maybe. The problem is the Jets defense has only given up 170 yards a game through the air. Thats bad math. Throw in they actually might have a chance to win, so running the ball 30 times to shorten game makes sense. Outside of Breece Hall I don't see a skilled player in this game I'd be okay starting.

I need two of the three. Full PPR--ESPN scoring.

Mixon CIN at Pit
Swift Phil at home vs NYG
Chandler MIN at home vs Det

My other back (Gibbs) is locked in. All year I have pretty much run the three headed attack of Mixon/Swift/Gibbs, but FBG is recommending Chandler over Swift, so now I am questioning.

My quandary--Detroit's run defense is no joke and I think this decision is made for me if Mattison is active for Minn, but he is still a GTD, which forces me to pretty much start Mixon tonight and then weigh out Swift vs Chandler tomorrow.

Ok, off to the semi's we go:

Standard scoring, non-ppr league. I need to start 2:

Pittman vs ATL - Looks like he cleared protocol but has a shoulder injury. Hard to bench if he plays since he has been so consistent
D. Smith vs NYG - Hasn't practiced this week and plays Monday night. If there is no update by Sunday morning, I think he has to be benched as you can't risk a zero
Ford vs HOU - They bottled up Henry last week and he still splits carries with Hunt. He is down on my list
Hubbard vs GB - He has been fairly hot lately and deserves a look

For Defense, I need to decide between:

Bills vs LAC - Chargers looked checked out and Bills need a win; New interim coach may provide a spark
Colts vs ATL - Colts have been hot and this is still a good matchup

I heard a good comment this week which was: I would rather play a known quantity defense in a good matchup versus an average defense in a great matchup; It's the playoffs.

Thoughts?

In addition to the above, I have another league decision to make. Also a non-ppr:

Hockenson or McBride

Bumping this to the Saturday crew. Thanks in advance for responses

:oldunsure: Super Flex
Dak is my QB1
But then:
Carr vs Rams
Devito vs Philly
Flacco vs Houston
Mullens vs Detroit

Leaning Flacco, super not confident.

Then final flex spot
Eekler vs Buffalo
Locket vs titans (also starting DK and Walker)
Diontae vs cincy
OBJ vs SF
Waller vs Philly (Kelce is starting at TE)
G Wilson vs Washington

Currently I have Wilson in but probably changing that. I keep flipping

Sleeper has be favored but I think he has the better team with Tua, Goff, Jacobs, Diggs, waddle, etc.
I wouldn't have started Carr, seemed like the right call until the very end. I also lean Flacco over the others. That defense should lead.yo more possessions.

Second choice is a coin toss between Ekeler and Wilson. No problem with Wilson as he should at least see solid targets. I like to think Ekeler will be fed early and often but who knows?

High Stakes local League, we're in the $$$ Rounds of the Playoffs now.

Very basic, old-school scoring:

*No PPR
*80 yds rushing = 3 points, 100 yds rushing = 6 points, 3 points at every 50 yards after
*80 yds receiving = 3 points, 100 yds receiving = 6 points, 3 points at every 50 yards after

RB: 6 pts/rush TD, 9 pts/rec TD, 12 points pass TD
WR: 6 pts/rec TD, 9 pts/rush TD, 12 points pass TD

Must start 1 RB, up to 3RB (RB is the strength of this Team, so will be starting 3)

The stable: CMC (must start) Pollard, Gibbs, Chandler

Starting Lineup includes Dak, LaPorta and 3 of KAllen, ACooper, Lockett, BCooks

Question 1: 2 of 3 - Pollard @ Dolphins, Gibbs @ Vikings, Chandler vs Lions

Question 2: Is KAllen a must-start, if he plays, with Easton now sticking it, or is he now part of this 'choose 3 of 4'? :

KAllen vs Bills, ACooper @ Texans, Lockett @ Titans (1pm East Coast), Cooks @ Dolphins (strictly for the Dak stack...my opponent will likely be starting both Lamb/Ferguson against me).

*If KAllen doesn't play, I must start ACooper/Lockett/Cooks, because I don't have any other quality flex-worthy players that I trust at WR/TE right now.

Thanks!
I bench Chandler since it looks like Mattison is going to play. Gibbs has been too good and Pollard gets guaranteed volume. Chandler is a little unknown with Mattison in the lineup.

I think Allen is out so it "solves" your other issues.

Please pick two for my flex positions. PPR.

Z Flowers at SF

Dionta Johnson vs Cinci

J McKinnon vs LV

Noah Brown vs Cleveland

George Kittle vs Baltimore.
For me it's Kittle and Flowers and I don't think twice about it.

Noah Brown would be my alternate.

Looking for some thoughts:

Standard Scoring:

Pick 1 FLEX:
Barkley at Phi
Higgins at Pit
Etienne at TB

Pick 1 D:
Buffalo at LAC
NYJ vs Wash
Denver vs NE

My lineup:
Mahomes
CMC
ARSB
Kupp
FLEX
Kelce
Tucker
D

Appreciate it!
I feel like I answered this already but just in case.

I like Barkley because of volume and him being an every down back

Still prefer Denver this week but wouldn't argue with anyone who chose Buffalo.

Please pick one - league with most of the scoring tied to TD's (scaled bonus for longer TD's as well as rushing scores for QB's):

Jake Browning @ Steelers ...no Chase but the Pitt D is banged up
Kyler Murray @ Bears ...Kyler has not been producing through the air and the Bears D is balling

I've been going back and forth
Thank you
Can't believe I am considering Browning.

Yeah, I might go with Browning. I worry about Pittsburgh making this an ugly game but he's been solid enough to roll him out.

1/2 PPR 1/2 PP first down:

Need one flex out of:

WR N Collins vs CLE
RB D Foreman vs AZ
RB K Herbert vs AZ
RB Z Charbonnet @ TEN
Can't trust the Bears backfield. Can't start Charbonnet if Walker plays.

Gotta be Nico IMO. He's the Texans best wr and should see 10 targets.

10 team PPR, 100+ bonus of 5 points. Lost Chase. It’s not TE-P.

I need 3 WR, 1 TE & 1 Flex from
Lamb, ARSB, Ridley, Nico Collins, LaPorta, Hock, Z.White, Singletary

Nico returned to practice today and should have a heavy workload seeing as other WR are banged up, but coming off a calf, with a backup QB, against a tough CLE secondary gives me pause.

Lamb & ARSB are locks, and LaPorta has been too hot to bench.

So that really leaves me the dilemma of who to flex between Nico, Hock, Singletary, & White.
I definitely bench Lamb and ARSB. I mean when you have a guy like Zamir White how couldn't you start him over those two chumps? I might just start Zamir and leave your other spots open, he's just that good.

Just saying, maybe next time don't include the obvious ones.

Ridley has been seeing mad targets and that should continue against a suspect Buccaneers defense. But his efficiency has been simply terrible, to the point that I just don't think you can trust him when you have a 10 target guy like Collins as an option.

I start LaPorta at TEnbecause he's been amazing and has a much better QB.

Flex is your tough call. But.it should probably be Singletary because he could see another 25 opportunities. Sadly the Browns defense is a bit better than the Titans.

I want Ridley to say Ridley should be the guy but I just can't endorse it.

0.5 PPR

Need to pick 3, 1 must be a TE:
Laporta at Vikings
McBride at Bears
Ridley at Bucs
Zeke at Broncos
Collins vs Browns
LaPorta seems like a must start. McBride as well with his insane volume. I want to say Ridley is going to have a big week but I can't trust him and Collins should see similar volume so I go with Collins as your third option.

I personally am not feeling Zeke but YMMV.

Need 2 RB's and 1 flex, PPR
These are my options ranked in order of projections
Oh, and I'm a 20+ point favorite, so high floors are probably best.

Bijan vs IND
Gibbs @ MIN
Etienne @ TB
Godwin vs JAX
Swift vs NYG
Higgins @ PIT
Smith-Njigba @ TEN

I'm thinking go with those projections. There are many pros and cons fighting each other, which makes it tough.
For me it's Bijan, Gibbs & Swift.

Not because I love them so much but I do like them more for a combo of volume/offense/matchup than your other guys.

PPR league. Need a flex:

* T. McBride @CHI -- McBride has been on fire. Looks like M. Brown could be out again. CHI D has been red hot, but does seem to give up passing yards and is statistically poor against TEs.

or

* D. Montgomery @MN -- He's been solid since back from injury. Seems guaranteed a floor of 10+ points. MN a tough run D though. Note: Already starting J. Gibbs.

Who?

Thanks!
Yeah...I can see the issue. I haven't been following the weather in Chicago but it may hear monitoring.

I can completely see McBride in a full PPR league. I would struggle, a little to do it but he seems to be the beginning and end of the Cardinals passing game.

But capturing 100% of the Lions RB output is very tempting as well. Jamaal & Swift did very well for me last year. Averaged two low end RB1s when the dust settled. However the egg they laid during crunch time at Carolina last year still resonates with me.

Yeah, coin toss but I might lean McBride.
Thanks Chaka. Good to have you back.

Be curious who you think the upside play is? With multiple players going Thursday - Saturday, I will have a decent idea if I'm a big underdog/favorite. Thinking floor play is Monty while ceiling could be McBride (who has been getting receptions/yardage but seems allergic to the endzone).
I think I give Montgomery the upside nod because of the potential for a 3 TD game exists. But I am not sure he is the floor play with McBride's target share.

In a 0.5 PPR need 3 of following and one must be WR.

RB

J. Cook at Chargers
Mostert vs. Cowboys
Elliott at Broncos

WR

Kupp vs Saints
Evans vs Jaguars
Cook & Evans for sure IMO.

It comes down to Kupp v Mostert. Should be an easy call but Mostert does have 19 TDs in 14 games, which is crazy. Seriously, who saw that coming?

I really want to say Kupp but I think I go with Mostert in my final spot.

I could see Kupp over Cook but, not really, of the Bills roll, which they should, I think you want a piece of Cook's output.
Thanks Chaka. Appreciate the feedback. This seems to mirror a lot of my thoughts. Experts seem to lean Kupp just barely over Mostert for that last slot. I may go crazy agonizing over it as I have a hard time sitting Mostert after the year he has had and what Dallas had done to them last week but I expect Kupp to have a better than expected outing tonight.
So? Who did you choose?

Need some advice on a start tonight bros …

Taysom hill? Start em? I’ve already got Njoku starting - this is a TE Premium league though.

I would be benching Taysom for JSN this week fwiw

So it comes down to JSN @ TENN or Taysom tonight.
I probably would have said Taysom because he gets so much diverse usage and still has crazy upside.

Standard scoring, no PPR, need 1 for flex:
I. Pacheco vs LV (this is who I currently have in that position)
D. Henry vs Seattle
J. Taylor vs Atl

Currently, the experts lean towards Henry. I like the matchup better for Pacheco and McKinnon is also banged up. Taylor would be my 2nd choice as Moss is also banged up but Atlanta has had a pretty decent defense, especially lately. My other RB's are Kamara and K. Williams so not benching either of those.

thanks for your thoughts!
I am a big Pacheco fan personally.

I can see any of them outproduce the others (Henry did have three straight two TD games before last week) but I probably roll with Pacheco.

I have to pick 3 of the 5 RBs I lose this week and my season is over (Need top 11 out of 66 teams)

CMC - IN
Kyren Williams
Kamara
Gibbs
Mostert
You have great options. I definitely would have said Kyren l. He's an auto start at this point.

The last spot comes down to Mostert v Gibbs and, as much as I love Gibbs I can't see benching a guy with 19 TDs in 14 games.

I have to pick 3 of the 6 RBs I lose this week and my season is over (Need top 11 out of 66 teams)

Kyrin Williams
Kamara
Gibbs
Taylor
Ken Walker
Achane
Kyren, Gibbs & Taylor and I don't really think twice about it.

Love what Achane represents but it's been a long time in football years since we saw that.

They are going to be looking to make a statement both offensively and defensively after what happened against Buffalo last week.
I put zero stock in this just look at Philly @ Seattle last week.

And I still start Hubbard over Achane.

I’m an underdog but curious how 23.2 points from Olave adjusts my decision at my last flex spot. McBride, Swift, G. Wilson. I already start AJB. (Opponent has Hurts) Also Nick Mullens vs. Minchew.

Going against: Hurts, CMC, Deebo, Higgins, Lockett and more. Fingers crossed.
Tough to bench McBride ATM. I might consider Swift over him though with a modicum of confidence.

Minshew>Mullens. But I understand the counter point. Personally I just need to see Mullens do it more than one game in a row.

Semis decision its a .5ppr for RB, 1PPR for WR league.

I need to decide at RB:
Pollard (vs 11th rank vs Mia)
or
Pacheco (vs 22nd rank vs RBs Raiders)

and if Both are great options, do I start one of them over Addison in the Flex.

My thought is to lean Pacheco at RB as he is back and Mckinnon is dinged up so I expect they lean on him a bit, plus he had a great game a few weeks ago vs the Raiders. Pollard has been so up/down do I risk it here vs a much better defense.

Addison seems to have Mullens eye so maybe continues the lightning in a bottle vs the 24th vs WR Detroit Def. I'm leaning leaving Pollard out of the lineup this week.

Talk me off the ledge and thank you again for all your contributions this year @Chaka !!
I don't think I would talk you out of Pacheco. I think the Chiefs win handily.

Pollard v Addison I see the argument for both, it's a coin toss. The cowboys are not good on the road. But can we rely on Mullens? IDK.

I want to say Pollard because volume, and I think that is who I would pick in my lineup. But it's definitely close.

Kyler Murray (vs CHI) or Geno (vs TEN). I played the Carr owner. QBs get 4 per TD. Thanks!
I risk it with Kyler knowing full well Geno could have a great game against a bad Titans team.

But Kyler is decent enough on a bad day and has more upside than most QBs in the league.

PPR
J. Williams vrs. NE
Waller at Phili.

leaning Waller.
Really? Yeah, I can see it as the Eagles are a pass funnel defense. And Javonte is solid but Payton doesn't seem to view him as a Kamara analog.

Personally I probably still roll Javonte but could easily be talked out of it.

off to a good start

I started Olave +9.61 over projection
Villain had Kamara (-7.53) under projection

I am missing Chase, he is missing Keenan

I'm basically questioning everything lol

Full PPR 4 pt passing TDs
  • QB - need 1
    lost Burrow, haven't had the FAAB to replace, looking at
    Goff at MIN (9 gs for my team)
    Minshew at ATL
    Mullens v DET

• WR - need 1
    Waddle is my WR2, but WR3 is very shaky:
    Palmer v BUF
    Reed (DNP x 2) at CAR (5 gs)
    Wicks (LP) at CAR

• RB - need 2
    Hall v WAS (11 gs)
    Gibbs at MIN (8 gs)
    Pacheco v LV (12 gs)

• TE - need 1
    LaPorta at MIN (12 gs)
    Njoku at HOU (2 gs)

• W/R/T FLEX - need 1
    none of the WRs, probably looking at Gibbs/Hall v Njoku
Do I really need to talk you into Goff? Best team, best offense best everything. Better to lose with your best option then get cute and still lose.

I probably go with Palmer but I'm a bit of a Fanboy. I think he's a pretty good WR and I don't see who else is getting receptions consistently in San Diego. The other two vulture each other, as does Dounsy, and it could be a run focused game.

Smash Gibbs & Pacheco

Either TE and start the other at flex IMO. Not much debate there for me.

Nico returned to practice today and should have a heavy workload seeing as other WR are banged up, but coming off a calf, with a backup QB, against a tough CLE secondary gives me pause.

So that really leaves me the dilemma of who to flex between Nico, Hock, Singletary, & White.
I definitely bench Lamb and ARSB. I mean when you have a guy like Zamir White how couldn't you start him over those two chumps? I might just start Zamir and leave your other spots open, he's just that good.

Ridley has been seeing mad targets and that should continue against a suspect Buccaneers defense. But his efficiency has been simply terrible, to the point that I just don't think you can trust him when you have a 10 target guy like Collins as an option.

Flex is your tough call. But.it should probably be Singletary because he could see another 25 opportunities. Sadly the Browns defense is a bit better than the Titans.

I’m leaning Ridley at WR3 knowing TLaw cleared concussion.

It’s between Singletary & Nico for flex. Browns are tough & HOU has their backup QB playing, so both have warts. I’m still hemming & hawing over it.

I need two of the three. Full PPR--ESPN scoring.

Mixon CIN at Pit
Swift Phil at home vs NYG
Chandler MIN at home vs Det

My other back (Gibbs) is locked in. All year I have pretty much run the three headed attack of Mixon/Swift/Gibbs, but FBG is recommending Chandler over Swift, so now I am questioning.

My quandary--Detroit's run defense is no joke and I think this decision is made for me if Mattison is active for Minn, but he is still a GTD, which forces me to pretty much start Mixon tonight and then weigh out Swift vs Chandler tomorrow.
It's tough but if Mattison plays on think it adds enough uncertainty to bench Chandler.

Pittman vs ATL - Looks like he cleared protocol but has a shoulder injury. Hard to bench if he plays since he has been so consistent
D. Smith vs NYG - Hasn't practiced this week and plays Monday night. If there is no update by Sunday morning, I think he has to be benched as you can't risk a zero
Ford vs HOU - They bottled up Henry last week and he still splits carries with Hunt. He is down on my list

Bills vs LAC - Chargers looked checked out and Bills need a win; New interim coach may provide a spark

I heard a good comment this week which was: I would rather play a known quantity defense in a good matchup versus an average defense in a great matchup; It's the playoffs.

Thoughts?

In addition to the above, I have another league decision to make. Also a non-ppr:

Hockenson or McBride

Bumping this to the Saturday crew. Thanks in advance for responses
Good options but I go with McBride because he's been such a target monster and IIRC Marquis Brown is out.

I’m leaning Ridley at WR3 knowing TLaw cleared concussion.

It’s between Singletary & Nico for flex. Browns are tough & HOU has their backup QB playing, so both have warts. I’m still hemming & hawing over it.
Tough call and you won't find the "right" answer before the games are over. I probably lean Singletary only because he looks to be in line for 20+ opportunities. But I could waffle on that one multiple times.

I do like Ridley, I am just hesitant to endorse him because the inefficiency seems endemic at this point. Personally I have him on my bench for Rashee Rice.

First off, thanks Chaka and those that have made this thread useful throughout the season!.

.5 ppr

T Chandler v Det
Singlertary v Cle
EE @ Den
HUbbard v GB
Need 2

Palmer v BUF
McLaurin @ NYJ
McBride @ Chi
Kelce v LV
Need 2

Need 2 RBs and

Thx
Option 2: McBride and Kelce and I don't think twice.

First one is very tough and you have to go with the gut calls. I roll Singletary because of potential volume. Probably Hubbard for the same reason.

If Mattison is a late scratch I pivot to him over one of the others.

I don't like New England at Denver this week.

0.5 PPR
Flex: DSmith (NYG) vs Chandler (Det) -- leaning Smith because of Chandler's matchup, but I'm a little worried about his production whenever Goedert is in the lineup

Non-PPR
RB: Conner (Chi) vs Zeke (Denver) -- leaning Zeke
WR: Addison (Det) vs. Diontae (Cinci) -- JA has a great matchup, but a couple lucky plays last week aside, he hasn't been very good for the past month. Diontae doesn't look great and is in a terrible offense, but he somehow manages to keep getting it done every week

ETA: I'm aware that Smith hasn't practiced all week and there's a chance that he sits. There's also a (far lesser) chance that Rhamondre is back, which would gut Zeke's value. Bigger problem is that the Eagles play on Monday and the Pats play on SNF, so there's a chance I won't know before having to make that decision. In the case of Smith, my backup option would be Jakobi Meyers, playing in the early slot Monday
Personally I don't bench Conner. The guy is so underappreciated. Guy hasn't averaged less than 4.2 y/a in any game this season. And it's not like he's been getting help from the WRs and QBs keeping defenses "honest".

With Mattison back (most likely) I have no problem with DeVonta but the Eagles worry me. Still it's a very winnable game so he seems like a reasonable start

This is my kid's league (8-team, no stakes) but I really want to help him make the finals
PPR, pick two:
Montgomery @ Minn
Hall vs Wash
Waddle vs Dallas
I bench Hall. There is just not much scoring upside with that offense. He can break off a long one at any time but he has to do all the work himself. Waddle and Montgomery have high scoring offenses supporting them.

Full PPR

Pick a Flex
WR Diontae Johnson home vs Bengals
WR Tyler Lockett at Titans
RB Jerome Ford at Texans
RB Jaylen Warren home vs Bengals
RB Zach Charbonnet at Titans (if Ken Walker is out - he was DNP on Wed/Thu with a shoulder, LP on Friday and Pete Carroll (aka Petey Sunshine) says he expects Walker to play)
I think Ford may get some good opportunities this week. The defense should help with ToP and tilt the number of plays in the Browns favor.

Not loving any of your other options unless Walker is ruled out. In that case I pivot to Charbonnet.

I do like Ridley, I am just hesitant to endorse him because the inefficiency seems endemic at this point. Personally I have him on my bench for Rashee Rice.
If Chase hadn’t been hurt that’s right where he’d be.

I look at it a bit differently - any WR who’s getting 10-12 targets is worthy of being in the lineup. Especially with JAX shortage at the position. Could be a 8-10 catch, 150+ yard game.

He’s been inefficient often, but he’s had some boom games as well. Being hyper targeted is a mixed bag is all, and week to week a bit unpredictable. His health & target share is why I have him in over Nico.

Thoughts?
Pittman is an auto-start IMO.

It's close between Ford & DeVonta IMO. DeVonta is a better player, probably and on a better team, seemingly but I can see Ford having a higher floor and getting a few more opportunities this week against a depleted Texans team. I probably roll Ford.

I love the Colts defense and am starting them myself but the Bills are a great play (on paper) this week. If I had them I would start them.

Does one even dare to go beyond thinking about starting:

Very standard, basic scoring.

Geno @ Titans
or
Flacco @ Texans

over
Dak @ Dolphins

???

Shocked that this even seems like a decision...but, the matchups....and it's that time of year.

Also, same very standard, basic scoring

2 of 4

Pollard @ Dolphins
Gibbs @ Vikings
Zeke @ Broncos
Chandler vs Lions
No.

Gibbs & Pollard seem like the guys I would roll with and not regret how it plays out. Better players on better teams.

Full ppr, pick 1 for flex.

Between injuries, bad matchups, and poor performance, I've been struggling with this choice.

After Puka's Thursday night performance, I'm between a 2:1 and 3:1 favorite to win.

Ekeler vs Bills
Conner @ Bears
Collins vs Browns
D Johnson vs Bengals
Reed @ Panthers
I want to say Ekeler but it's so difficult.

Conner has been amazing with no help around him so I probably roll him.

I don't consider Diontae with Mason Rudolph or Reed, who I like but GB WRs look like a game of whack-a-mole good luck figuring out which one to pick.

Between Ekeler & Collins it's very close and I would waffle on it a lot.

Collins feels like the smarter option IMO.

Due to injuries... Half ppr flex

Najee today or wait and see if foreman is out start roschon/spears if not. Could also do wicks
Sorry man, just a bit too late. I would have rolled Najee because you can't rely on Bears RBs ATM.

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

Currently have C.Samuel @ NYJ and T.Lockett @ Tenn in my lineup.
IF Nico Collins is active off an injury do I put him in my lineup and if so who do I sit?
Thanks for your time and have a great Holiday!
I could see sitting either for Nico. He's a 10 target guy, I start him. Ultimately I probably bench Samuels because of the matchup.

Jayden Reed being questionable to start tomorrow and Pickens playing today makes this more difficult

PPR, choose one for my flex
Jayden Reed @ CAR
George Pickens vs CIN
Josh Downs @ ATL
Isaiah Likely @ SF
Demario Douglas @ DEN

Normally Reed would be an easy start, but I'm nervous that even assuming he plays, his injury status could limit his snaps, but maybe he's still the play unless he's ruled out (in which case I can fall back on anyone but Pickens)

So I could maybe just start Pickens who theoretically has the best combination of floor and ceiling, but for all I know the floor could get pulled out from under him if he abdicates blocking responsibilities again

I guess Downs is the Colts punt returner now? His 38 yards in returns last week would have given me 3.8 points and helps his floor, but receptions have been hard to come by recently

Weird to consider starting a TE as flex @SF, but Likely has put up 2 straight big weeks

I like Douglas, but almost didn't put him down as an option -- his performance makes a stronger case than I realized
For me I probably risk Downs or Reed. How can you trust Pickens at this point?

Full ppr, pick 1 for flex.

Between injuries, bad matchups, and poor performance, I've been struggling with this choice.

After Puka's Thursday night performance, I'm between a 2:1 and 3:1 favorite to win.

Ekeler vs Bills
Conner @ Bears
Collins vs Browns
D Johnson vs Bengals
Reed @ Panthers
I want to say Ekeler but it's so difficult.

Conner has been amazing with no help around him so I probably roll him.

I don't consider Diontae with Mason Rudolph or Reed, who I like but GB WRs look like a game of whack-a-mole good luck figuring out which one to pick.

Between Ekeler & Collins it's very close and I would waffle on it a lot.

Collins feels like the smarter option IMO.

I have Montgomery @ Vikings as my RB2. Don't like the matchup, but expect his snaps to increase for pass pro reasons. Prefer his high floor as a favorite.

Between Ekeler, Collins, and Conner for flex, I've been leaning Collins all week as well because of the target floor and overall ceiling, despite the Cle matchup.

The Chargers O looked beyond awful with Stick last week. Ekeler's usage didn't inspire any confidence either; low snap %, 9 touches, and Stick rarely looked to check down despite being in catch up mode. The interim HC should feature him more, but LA as a team looked checked out.

If Collins is surprisingly inactive (1p), I can plug Conner in (4p). Conner @ Bears is tough, but he has put up solid numbers in the last two weeks against strong run Ds.

Appreciate the input as always and happy holidays!

.5 PPR, start 2 / bench 1:

Already had Olave (bueno) and Kamara (meh)

McBride (Stud. Should be good volume play, nobody else for Kyler to throw to. But will Chicago D ruin the overall day for Arizona)
@ CHI

or

LaPorta (Stud. Won't repeat 3 TDs from last week. Tough blitz D this week, thinking he may need to block more?)
@ MIN

or

Addison (fluky TDs last week, but tons of talent. Good D match up, would be going for homerun plays and upside play here)
vs DET

Thanks!

Jayden Reed being questionable to start tomorrow and Pickens playing today makes this more difficult

PPR, choose one for my flex
Jayden Reed @ CAR
George Pickens vs CIN
Josh Downs @ ATL
Isaiah Likely @ SF
Demario Douglas @ DEN

Normally Reed would be an easy start, but I'm nervous that even assuming he plays, his injury status could limit his snaps, but maybe he's still the play unless he's ruled out (in which case I can fall back on anyone but Pickens)

So I could maybe just start Pickens who theoretically has the best combination of floor and ceiling, but for all I know the floor could get pulled out from under him if he abdicates blocking responsibilities again

I guess Downs is the Colts punt returner now? His 38 yards in returns last week would have given me 3.8 points and helps his floor, but receptions have been hard to come by recently

Weird to consider starting a TE as flex @SF, but Likely has put up 2 straight big weeks

I like Douglas, but almost didn't put him down as an option -- his performance makes a stronger case than I realized
For me I probably risk Downs or Reed. How can you trust Pickens at this point?
Whelp...

.5 PPR, start 2 / bench 1:

Already had Olave (bueno) and Kamara (meh)

McBride (Stud. Should be good volume play, nobody else for Kyler to throw to. But will Chicago D ruin the overall day for Arizona)
@ CHI

or

LaPorta (Stud. Won't repeat 3 TDs from last week. Tough blitz D this week, thinking he may need to block more?)
@ MIN

or

Addison (fluky TDs last week, but tons of talent. Good D match up, would be going for homerun plays and upside play here)
vs DET

Thanks!
Flip a three sided coin, sit back and enjoy. You have great options.

Personally I like LaPorta, he's been downright dominant. Maybe he stays in and blocks more, maybe he is the hot read on many blitzes and breaks one of.

Users who are viewing this thread