What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

It's Go Time!!!

Need 1 DST.

Slightly different scoring format as we get points for TFL, 3 n Outs Forced, 4th down stops, total yards allowed, all turnovers, sacks, points allowed.
  1. Packers at CAR
  2. Colts at ATL
  3. Browns at HOU
  4. Texans v CLE

I need a flex in half PPR. I can go with guys on my roster or try to pick someone up a free agent.

On roster: Ekeler (vs BUF) or Waller (vs PHI).

Free Agents: Jayden Reed (vs CAR), Doubs (vs CAR), Beckham (vs SF), Downs (vs ATL) or Meyers (vs KC)

Thanks! Kinda sad that it's gotten the point where Ekeler isn't an automatic start compared to the rest of these guys.

Pick a streaming DST for Week 16

Bills at Chargers (QB Easton Stick, Keenan Allen was DNP Tue and Wed)
Jets home vs Commanders
Chiefs home vs Raiders
Eagles home vs Giants
Broncos home vs Patriots
Bears home vs Cardinals

I need a flex in half PPR. I can go with guys on my roster or try to pick someone up a free agent.

Free Agents: Jayden Reed (vs CAR), Doubs (vs CAR), Beckham (vs SF), Downs (vs ATL) or Meyers (vs KC)

Thanks! Kinda sad that it's gotten the point where Ekeler isn't an automatic start compared to the rest of these guys.
I'd be going down with the Ekeler ship... They were humiliated last week, it's a new coach who has a backup QB and (probably) missing their best WR... you'd think they'd want to lean on their best remaining weapon? Maybe?

Full PPR

Locked in:
RB1 - Kyren Williams
RB2 - Ezekiel Elliott
WR1 - CeeDee Lamb
WR2 - Stefon Diggs

Pick a WR3 and a Flex
WR Drake London home vs Colts (Heinicke starting at QB)
WR Diontae Johnson home vs Bengals
WR Tyler Lockett at Titans
RB Jerome Ford at Texans
RB Jaylen Warren home vs Bengals
RB Zach Charbonnet at Titans (if Ken Walker is out - he was DNP on Wed with a shoulder)

If Keenan Allen is out then Ekeler is probably their best weapon. He's obviously not himself yet but isn't in danger of missing time. Bills D did lose Jordan Phillips who had a great game against the Cowboys.

Waller is probably the best pass catcher on the Giants and the Eagles pass defense is not that great.

Jayden Reed has a Toe injury so I'd be nervous there. If he gets in a Full Practice some time this week then definitely worth a look.

Doubs is at least not on the injury report. But Panthers pass D is pretty stout. If Reed and Watson are both out then Doubs looks really good.

Pittman Q with the Concussion - if he is out then Downs looks really attractive.

Meyers could get a bunch of targets if Chiefs get a lead, although the KC D is stout.

I'd probably stick with Ekeler or Waller for now but keep paying attention to the injuries to see if you get any clarity.

In a 0.5 PPR need 3 of following and one must be WR.

RB

J. Cook at Chargers
Mostert vs. Cowboys
Elliott at Broncos

WR

Kupp vs Saints
Evans vs Jaguars

Looking for some thoughts:

Standard Scoring:

Pick 1 FLEX:
Barkley at Phi
Higgins at Pit
Etienne at TB

Pick 1 D:
Buffalo at LAC
NYJ vs Wash
Denver vs NE

My lineup:
Mahomes
CMC
ARSB
Kupp
FLEX
Kelce
Tucker
D

Appreciate it!

PPR league. Need a flex:

* T. McBride @CHI -- McBride has been on fire. Looks like M. Brown could be out again. CHI D has been red hot, but does seem to give up passing yards and is statistically poor against TEs.

or

* D. Montgomery @MN -- He's been solid since back from injury. Seems guaranteed a floor of 10+ points. MN a tough run D though. Note: Already starting J. Gibbs.

Who?

Thanks!

Full PPR, 6pt TD, 0.1pt per yard. Need to fill 1 RB position, 2WR positions, 1 flex.
Current lineup looks like this:
RB - CMC
RB - Barkley
WR - Evans
WR - Waddle
Flex - Achane

Hubbard, Thielan, K. Allen on bench. Considering starting Hubbard over Barkley. Am I crazy? Or should he be staring over Achane? 🤔

D question:

* DEN D vs NE -- DEN D embarrassed last week against DET. Had been playing great. This should be a get well game at home, possibly in some snow, against NE. Zappe and company managed 17 last week against KC. T. Henry may be out.

or

* CHI D vs AZ -- CHI D has multiple sacks and turnovers the last few games. Seems like the D has come around and is disruptive. Giving up yards and points though. Tough as nails against the run, but weaker against the pass.

Which?

Thanks!

PPR league. Need a flex:

* T. McBride @CHI -- McBride has been on fire. Looks like M. Brown could be out again. CHI D has been red hot, but does seem to give up passing yards and is statistically poor against TEs.

or

* D. Montgomery @MN -- He's been solid since back from injury. Seems guaranteed a floor of 10+ points. MN a tough run D though. Note: Already starting J. Gibbs.

Who?

Thanks!
I'd start McBride. Njoku just lit them up and as a Browns fan, I can tell you he's not as good as he was in that game.

Need 1 DST.

Slightly different scoring format as we get points for TFL, 3 n Outs Forced, 4th down stops, total yards allowed, all turnovers, sacks, points allowed.
  1. Packers at CAR
  2. Colts at ATL
  3. Browns at HOU
  4. Texans v CLE
Alot of the scoring is tuff to predict but the I see the Packers as the best matchup to keep the points allowed low. I have Packers and Browns and I'm playing Packers.

I' m not sure I'm ready to trust Waller, even against a middling TE cover team like Philly. Everyone else is a roll of the dice too so I'd probably just swallow the vomit and play Ekeler.

In a big bind

Have Stroud, but…

Wilson vs NE
Mullins vs DET
Carr @ LAR.
I start Mullins.
I might consider Carr here. Mullins seems to have a desire to make poor decisions in the redzone and DET D showed some spunk last week. Carr and NO may be in a sneaky shootout tonight. Think Stafford and LAR are on a roll and will score, forcing Carr to catchup. Olave will be active too.

PPR pick 2

G. Wilson vs. Washington
Deandre Swift vs. NYG
Trey McBride @ Chicago
Chris Olave at LAR
McKinnon vs. LV
For me it's McBride and then it's between G. Wilson and Olave. I lean Wilson because a) WASH secondary is excellent at leaving WRs wide open down the field and b) While it looks like Olave will be active, who is to know if he's really 100% with his ankle.

1 point PPR
8 point underdog playing against #1 seed

Need to play 2 of these players, 1 has to be a WR

D Adams at Chiefs
London vs Colts
K Allen vs Bills
D Henry vs Seattle
Hubbard vs Packers

Thanks

PPR

Need 2 of these RB: Kyren Williams, Mostert, Pollard, Barkley

Need 2 of these WR: Addison, Higgins, Noah Brown, Keenan Allen if he plays

FLEX: 1 of whoever is left out of the above

Right now I have Williams, Mostert / Addison, Higgins / Pollard

O.K. as Dak says at the line of scrimmage..."Here we gooooooo"

FFPC scoring:

Team A:
Pick a QB:
Tua vs Dall.
Baker Mayfield vs Jax
Joe Flacco @ Hou
Nick Mullens vs Det

Team B:
Need TWO flexes:
D.Singletary vs Cleve
A.Thielen vs GB
Z.Flowers @ SF
D.Goedert vs NYG

Team C:
Need TWO flexes:
D.Wicks @ Car
C.Samuel @ NYJ
T.Lockett @ Tenn
C.Otton vs Jax

Pick a streaming DST for Week 16

Bills at Chargers (QB Easton Stick, Keenan Allen was DNP Tue and Wed)
Jets home vs Commanders
Chiefs home vs Raiders
Eagles home vs Giants
Broncos home vs Patriots
Bears home vs Cardinals
These are all good choices. I say pick the team that has the best D/playing at home/potential bad weather/playing a bad offense. Who knows how it will play out.

I picked up the Bills. They have the Chargers this week and the Patriots at home week 17. The Chargers may get the interim coach boost but they are so beat up and playing horribly. The Bills have to win so they should be up for this game. I usually prefer a home defense but the Chargers don’t have a home field advantage and Bills mafia travels well.

The Bears have played great D lately and they are going against the Cards.

The Commanders give up a lot of fantasy points so the Jets are in play.

My fear of the Broncos is that NE just runs the ball and limits fantasy opportunities.

The Chiefs probably have a solid floor against the Raiders.

Philly is just not a good D right nowl

In a big bind

Have Stroud, but…

Wilson vs NE
Mullins vs DET
Carr @ LAR.
I think it’s close between Carr and Mullins. We know what to expect from Russ. I think it’s gonna be a 13 to 10 type game against NE. The Saints/Rams could be a shoot out. Mullins has a good match up against Detroit.

WRs in both leagues, cant decide

League 1, PPR, Nacua, Olave, Flowers, Addison, Doubs --> Need 3, got a strange feeling Flowers does well , but afraid to start him at 49ers.

League 2, PPR, Nacua, Cooper, Pittman, Higgins --> Need 3, Kind of means gotta roll with Nacua tonight, since Pittman is iffy.

:oldunsure: Super Flex
Dak is my QB1
But then:
Carr vs Rams
Devito vs Philly
Flacco vs Houston
Mullens vs Detroit

Leaning Flacco, super not confident.

Then final flex spot
Eekler vs Buffalo
Locket vs titans (also starting DK and Walker)
Diontae vs cincy
OBJ vs SF
Waller vs Philly (Kelce is starting at TE)
G Wilson vs Washington

Currently I have Wilson in but probably changing that. I keep flipping

Sleeper has be favored but I think he has the better team with Tua, Goff, Jacobs, Diggs, waddle, etc.

League 1, PPR, Nacua, Olave, Flowers, Addison, Doubs --> Need 3, got a strange feeling Flowers does well , but afraid to start him at 49ers.

League 2, PPR, Nacua, Cooper, Pittman, Higgins --> Need 3, Kind of means gotta roll with Nacua tonight, since Pittman is iffy.
I’d start nacua in both.
I wouldn’t bench Olave, then coin flip flowers vs Addison imo. If you’re the dog start Addison.
Cooper and Higgins imo.

Team A:
Pick a QB:
XXX Tua vs Dall.
Baker Mayfield vs Jax
Joe Flacco @ Hou
Nick Mullens vs Det

Team B:
Need TWO flexes:
XXX D.Singletary vs Cleve
A.Thielen vs GB
XX Z.Flowers @ SF
D.Goedert vs NYG

Team C:
Need TWO flexes:
X D.Wicks @ Car
C.Samuel @ NYJ
XX T.Lockett @ Tenn
C.Otton vs Jax
my picks noted by “X”, confidence by number of X’s.
Tua loses two X’s if Tyreek is out. But I think I still start him.

1 point PPR
8 point underdog playing against #1 seed

Need to play 2 of these players, 1 has to be a WR

D Adams at Chiefs
London vs Colts
K Allen vs Bills
D Henry vs Seattle
Hubbard vs Packers

Thanks
I refuse to bench the king. I might pay for it but I’d rather be wrong starting him than wrong not to.
Keenan looks unlikely to play. Go with Adams.

High Stakes local League, we're in the $$$ Rounds of the Playoffs now.

Very basic, old-school scoring:

*No PPR
*80 yds rushing = 3 points, 100 yds rushing = 6 points, 3 points at every 50 yards after
*80 yds receiving = 3 points, 100 yds receiving = 6 points, 3 points at every 50 yards after

RB: 6 pts/rush TD, 9 pts/rec TD, 12 points pass TD
WR: 6 pts/rec TD, 9 pts/rush TD, 12 points pass TD

Must start 1 RB, up to 3RB (RB is the strength of this Team, so will be starting 3)

The stable: CMC (must start) Pollard, Gibbs, Chandler

Starting Lineup includes Dak, LaPorta and 3 of KAllen, ACooper, Lockett, BCooks

Question 1: 2 of 3 - Pollard @ Dolphins, Gibbs @ Vikings, Chandler vs Lions

Question 2: Is KAllen a must-start, if he plays, with Easton now sticking it, or is he now part of this 'choose 3 of 4'? :

KAllen vs Bills, ACooper @ Texans, Lockett @ Titans (1pm East Coast), Cooks @ Dolphins (strictly for the Dak stack...my opponent will likely be starting both Lamb/Ferguson against me).

*If KAllen doesn't play, I must start ACooper/Lockett/Cooks, because I don't have any other quality flex-worthy players that I trust at WR/TE right now.

Thanks!

Please pick two for my flex positions. PPR.

Z Flowers at SF

Dionta Johnson vs Cinci

J McKinnon vs LV

Noah Brown vs Cleveland

George Kittle vs Baltimore.

I feel like Flowers has a bounce back game. I do have a feeling the Niners are gonna blow out the Ravens. Maybe this is a good thing. You don’t have to worry about K Mitchell taking one to the house. I’d eliminate Doubs from league one.

I’d just go with Puka and Olave. Addison would be my third choice.

League 2…Puka, Cooper and Higgins.

Matthew stafford against the saints or Patrick mahomes against the raiders?
Stafford isn’t good enough to get cute benching Mahomes. I know Mahomes has sucked but this is a good matchup. He’s due for a monster game and I don’t want that on my bench.

Mahomes is my choice. I do get considering Stafford though.

Looking for some thoughts:

Standard Scoring:

Pick 1 FLEX:
Barkley at Phi
Higgins at Pit
Etienne at TB

Pick 1 D:
Buffalo at LAC
NYJ vs Wash
Denver vs NE

My lineup:
Mahomes