What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4)
Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let's hit the playoffs push!

Thank you to everyone for picking up the slack last week. I know I was unresponsive to my normal output and I apologize. TBH I am not sure how much time I am going to put into this thread going forward. I've been very busy and, lately I find this thread to be exhausting and no longer fun.

Thanks again to everyone for your continuing participation. I believe people find value in here and it's because so many are willing to be helpful.

You're the best.

Thank you to everyone for picking up the slack last week. I know I was unresponsive to my normal output and I apologize. TBH I am not sure how much time I am going to put into this thread going forward. I've been very busy and, lately I find this thread to be exhausting and no longer fun.

Thanks again to everyone for your continuing participation. I believe people find value in here and it's because so many are willing to be helpful.

You're the best.
Totally get it, GB. Appreciate everything you do, but I know how hard it must be to keep it up every week. Please don't make yourself miserable on anyone else's account. Whatever contributions you can make are enough.

.5 ppr for whoever wants it

Roschon Johnson v Lions (my lean)
Brandin Cooks v Eagles (but he's been red hot)

League A:

10-team Superflex PPR, all TDs 6.

QB1 = Dak, RB1 = McCaffrey. Pick three of these four; they would start at RB2, flex and superflex

J. Herbert vs. DEN
Achane vs. TEN
Pacheco vs. BUF
Kyren @ BAL

Pick 3 WR to start from these 5:

Adams vs. MIN
Addison @ LV
Kupp @ BAL
R. Rice vs. BUF
D. Smith @ DAL

League B:

12-team PPR.

RB1 = Ekeler (to my chagrin but impossible to sit him), RB2 = White, WR1&2 = Puka and Waddle, TE1 = LaPorta

Have 1 WR spot and 2 flex spots to fill. Pick 3 from this list:

Warren vs. NE
Addison @ LV
Doubs @ NYG
Lockett @ SF
R. Rice vs. BUF
Tay. Hill vs. CAR

This has been my weekly WDIS.

Standard scoring non-ppr. I need 3 out of this group:

A. Jones vs NYG - probably still out and I would wait a game anyhow
J. Ford vs JAC - Decent last week but still splitting with Hunt
Olave vs CAR - Good stats last week and it may be better with Winston
Pittman vs CIN - I don't see how I can sit him at this point
D. Smith vs DAL - Going up against a tough defense in primetime; Has been getting tons of targets since Goedart has been out.

Although I usually lean toward RB in non-ppr, I'm thinking all three WR's.

Thoughts?

Full PPR Flex (need 1)
  • Moss at CIN
  • Warren v NE (TNF)
  • Hall v HOU
  • Reed at NYG (MNF)
heavy favorite, 65-70% win probability over the last place team, not worried about playoff seeding as the top 3 spots are unlikely to change this weekend

Last edited:

D. Smith vs DAL - Going up against a tough defense in primetime; Has been getting tons of targets since Goedart has been out.

Thoughts?

Olave - Pittman - Smith

hard to trust AJ this week (well, any week but ya know), Ford is a consideration but I think you got this one right, don't second guess yourself

League A:

10-team Superflex PPR, all TDs 6.

QB1 = Dak, RB1 = McCaffrey. Pick three of these four; they would start at RB2, flex and superflex

J. Herbert vs. DEN
Achane vs. TEN
Pacheco vs. BUF
Kyren @ BAL

abstain

Pick 3 WR to start from these 5:

Adams vs. MIN
Addison @ LV
Kupp @ BAL
R. Rice vs. BUF
D. Smith @ DAL

Adams Rice Smith

League B:

12-team PPR.

RB1 = Ekeler (to my chagrin but impossible to sit him), RB2 = White, WR1&2 = Puka and Waddle, TE1 = LaPorta

Have 1 WR spot and 2 flex spots to fill. Pick 3 from this list:

Warren vs. NE
Addison @ LV
Doubs @ NYG
Lockett @ SF
R. Rice vs. BUF
Tay. Hill vs. CAR

abstain

(there's no good answer)

0.5 PPR

Warren vs New England or Zeke at Pittsburgh

I probably lean Zeke, even in PPR.

This is a vintage "Tomlin's Steelers" matchup, to me; A team they absolutely should beat, a pretty washed veteran RB they probably should control....and they will proceed to make the team look like the Brady Era Pats, and Zeke like he's actually got a pulse.

The Steelers' run D isn't very good at all. They're down to, like, their 5th and 6th guys at ILB, or some ish. Elliot will probably get most of the early down work, and any short rush TD the Pats might fall into. With(I know..."if"/Belly-chick, but c'mon) Stevenson out, he may get more 3rd down work than I think too.

Warren will probably get his normal 10-12 touches, mostly as a pass catcher, and he may hit one one of them, but the odds feel long this week. Dog? Start Warren for the potential HR, but be prepared for a 6 point output. Favored? Start Zeke and take the "boring" 12+ points.

playoff week for me

I can start Goff at Chicago with bad weather forecasted

or

QB Browning CIN at home vs Indy

I'm considering Browning seriously

4pt passing TD/-2 int

G.Smith/Sea @ SF
J.Browning/Cin v Ind

1ppr pick 1 flex

J.Downs/Ind @ Cin
D.Johnson/Pit v NE (Thu & Trubisky)
T.Spears/Ten @ Mia (no Henry concussion)
D.Pierce/Hou @ NYJ

Geno had a great game in a bad road match-up last week, but the Niners feel like a different beast. Leaning Browning but not excited about it.

My weekly flex mess...if Henry was out, Spears would be a no-brainer...Trubisky on a short week, Johnson feels very risky...Pierce needs to fall in the end zone to payoff...Downs feels like the safe play, but the ceiling is low.

FFPC scoring:

Need ONE flex:

A.Mattison @ LAV
K.Mitchell VS LAR
N.Brown @ NYJ
A.Thielen @ N.O.

And ONE flex:

K.Mitchell vs LAR
Z.Flowers vs LAR
A.Thielen @ N.O.
D.Goedert @ Dall(if active)

And ONE flex:

A.Mattison @ LAV
K.Mitchell vs LAR
T.Lockett @ S.F.

Need a win to clinch a bye:

QB:
Geno Smith @SF
Gardner Minshew @CIN

WR:
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Eli Moore vs JAC

4 pt for pass TD, 0.5 PPR

I dont like the matchups for the established guys but rest of my team is good so leaning towards playing it safe.

It is for a win and I am in--lose and I finish mid-pack.

Full PPR ESPN league

This is for my WR2 slot

D. Johnson Pitt vs NE
C.Kupp LAR @Balt
D.London Atl vs TB

If I decide no way on Johnson, I have a waiver claim in for E. Moore that hopefully will go my way tonight.

It is just so disappointing. With these WR choices I really felt like I drafted a good team at the beginning of the year and since then, it has just all gone to heck.

QB:
Geno Smith @SF
Gardner Minshew @CIN

WR:
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Eli Moore vs JAC

I dont like the matchups for the established guys but rest of my team is good so leaning towards playing it safe.
I'm in literally the same boat. Smith @ SF feels like a disaster waiting to happen. I'd go Moore especially if Cooper is out.

QB:
Geno Smith @SF
Gardner Minshew @CIN

WR:
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Eli Moore vs JAC

I'm in literally the same boat. Smith @ SF feels like a disaster waiting to happen. I'd go Moore especially if Cooper is out.
It does but so did last week vs Dallas. Maybe they figured something out?

QB:
Geno Smith @SF
Gardner Minshew @CIN

WR:
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Eli Moore vs JAC

It does but so did last week vs Dallas. Maybe they figured something out?
As divisional foes, maybe SF will be better prepared for Metcalf? That seems to have been the exploited match-up.

Full PPR Flex
  • Moss at CIN
  • Warren v NE (TNF)
  • Hall v HOU
  • Reed at NYG (MNF)
heavy favorite, 65-70% win probability over the last place team, not worried about playoff seeding as the top 3 spots are unlikely to change this weekend
Moss without hesitation.

0.5 PPR

Need 4 of following (at least 2 WR) - currently have Moss and Achane at RB and Brown and Diggs at WR. Diggs worries me a little @ KC...at same time not sure I want to play Pittman and Moss together all though they do get the most volume in offense.

Z Moss
Achane
Jacobs

AJ Brown
Diggs
M. Pittman

It is for a win and I am in--lose and I finish mid-pack.

Full PPR ESPN league

This is for my WR2 slot

D. Johnson Pitt vs NE
C.Kupp LAR @Balt
D.London Atl vs TB

If I decide no way on Johnson, I have a waiver claim in for E. Moore that hopefully will go my way tonight.

It is just so disappointing. With these WR choices I really felt like I drafted a good team at the beginning of the year and since then, it has just all gone to heck.
Think you have to go Kupp.

QB:
Geno Smith @SF
Gardner Minshew @CIN

WR:
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Eli Moore vs JAC

Minshew and Moore (if Flacco starts again).

Half PPR embarrassment of riches, start 3:

Kamara v Panthers
Moss @ Bungles
Kyren @ Ravens
Barkley v Packers
Pacheco v Bills

Ridley (vs CLE) or Jayden Reed (vs NYG) in half PPR? I’m concerned about the JAX QB.

Dobbs (vs LV) or Geno Smith (vs SF). 4 per passing TD. I’m concerned Dobbs can get pulled.

SF, PPR

Pick one
Garrett Wilson vs Houston
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Beckham vs the Rams

Leaning Diontae.

Ridley (vs CLE) or Jayden Reed (vs NYG) in half PPR? I’m concerned about the JAX QB.

Dobbs (vs LV) or Geno Smith (vs SF). 4 per passing TD. I’m concerned Dobbs can get pulled.
I would go with Reed and Geno. Love has been hot and Watson is still out. Dobbs is coming back to reality from the great start.

Thoughts?
Your thinking matches mine.

FFPC scoring:

Need ONE flex:

A.Mattison @ LAV
K.Mitchell VS LAR
N.Brown @ NYJ
A.Thielen @ N.O.

And ONE flex:

K.Mitchell vs LAR
Z.Flowers vs LAR
A.Thielen @ N.O.
D.Goedert @ Dall(if active)

And ONE flex:

A.Mattison @ LAV
K.Mitchell vs LAR
T.Lockett @ S.F.
Michell or Brown
Flowers
Mitchell

0.5 PPR

Need 4 of following (at least 2 WR) - currently have Moss and Achane at RB and Brown and Diggs at WR. Diggs worries me a little @ KC...at same time not sure I want to play Pittman and Moss together all though they do get the most volume in offense.

Z Moss
Achane
Jacobs

AJ Brown
Diggs
M. Pittman
Moss & Jacobs
Brown & flip a coin
great options to have unlike me.

.5 ppr

EE @ pit
Warren vs NE
Hubbard @ ind
Nico @ nyj
Rice @ buf

Need to start 3 to make the playoffs

PPR league. Looking for the best stash:

Potentially will drop Z. Charbonnet here. I'm heading to the playoffs and I see PHI, TN, and PIT on the schedule weeks 15-17. Don't likey too much, plus Walker seems like he's coming around.

Options:

* Jeff Wilson: I own R. Mostert. Insurance or more of Achane goes down as well.
* D. Johnson: T. Etienne keeps getting dinged, but that team has trouble running the ball. And who knows about T. Lawrence. Schedule isn't exactly kind: BALT, @TB, CAR (good).
* C. Brown: Looked good on Monday night (although so did Mixon). Mixon has tended to get dinged in the past. Maybe they go to a youth movement if out of it? Schedule not that great either: MN, @PIT, @KC.
* D. Foreman/K. Herbert: Both on the wire, I own R. Johnson. Probably like CHI's schedule the most: @CLE, AZ, ATL.
* Josh Kelley: Staley talking about a "competition for carries" with Ekeler who has underperformed. Schedule is sweet: @LV, BUF, @Den.

I'm looking for homerun upside. My RBs now:

* Starters: K. Williams, J. Gibbs, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert
* Bench: T. Spears, R. Johnson, R. Dowdle, Z. Charbonnet

Dump Charbonnet for one of these guys?

Thanks

In major injury/bye trouble. 0.5 PPR.

Who should I start at flex?
  • WR Diontae Johnson vs. NE (TNF)
  • WR Doubs vs. NYG (MNF)
If I do Diontae I need to move him there now. I could also wait and see if Charbonnet is healthy or not by not putting Johnson in.

Users who are viewing this thread