What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Elliott or Warren this Thursday? .5 ppr. Is Elliott really going to get 20+ touches?

I'm in the exact same position as you. Deciding between Elliot and Warren in a 0.5 PPR.

I am going Elliot if Harris plays. If Harris out, then im really torn, as I like how Warren runs and he has a better chance for a TD and late game runs to run out the clock as a -6 favorite. I do like how the Pats use Elliot in the screen game though.

Start one QB league, 6 points for passing TD, bonus points for rushing TD.

Matt Stafford at Baltimore or Jake Browning vs Indianapolis?

Thank you to everyone for picking up the slack last week. I know I was unresponsive to my normal output and I apologize. TBH I am not sure how much time I am going to put into this thread going forward. I've been very busy and, lately I find this thread to be exhausting and no longer fun.

Thanks again to everyone for your continuing participation. I believe people find value in here and it's because so many are willing to be helpful.

You're the best.
Hi Chaka - completely understand, and it's crazy but when the season is over you're really gonna miss it! lol You're advice is greatly appreciated! - here's my last request:

1/2 point ppr - I need 1 Flex and 1 TE starter from these guys:

Mattison @ LVR
Ridley @ Cle
Cooks hm vs Philly
Goedert @ Dall
Everett hm Denver

One for the road, Thanks in advance for your great service!

Defense Question

Dallas vs PHI - could be a shootout like last game

Indy vs CIN - May have rain and CIN put up points last week

Full ppr, 12 team, short-bench league. I'm already in the playoffs, this week is just for seeding...just lost Rhamondre & Dell. I had Elliot and he slips right in as RB2.

My only other receivers are Lockett (@SF) and Downs (@Cin) (ouch). Would you start one of those 2 or would you pick up and play maybe Smith-Njigba (@SF) or E. Moore (vJax) or Z. Jones (@Cle). The twister is that I am down to my last 3 min-bid transactions for the year, so any pickup I do should probably be my last (save the last 2 for emergencies). Or would you just play Lockett and wait on the pickup for when I really need it.

Defense Question

Dallas vs PHI - could be a shootout like last game

Indy vs CIN - May have rain and CIN put up points last week

Personally, I dropped the Dal D this week (for the Texans, ymmv) and I am going with the Colts for the rest of the year in another league and they've been great. They are the #3 D in that league.

Woof. Najee “expected to play” … could use some thoughts on a flex start here fellas.

Najee v NE (TNF)

Keaton Mitchell v LAR

.5ppr

Even matchup between 1st and 2nd place, if anything I could use a boom play with Keaton rather than the “meh” of Najee. I’m up against Tua/Reek/Mostert.

Buuuuuut 70yds and a TD from Najee is nothing to sneeze at.

Khalil Herbert and Roschon could be picked up and started, but I’m not super interested in going that route.

Half PPR Flex

Javonte Williams or Brandin Cooks.
Most places have Javonte slightly higher ranked, but my opponent has Dak, and I am leaning toward Cooks to cover against a Dak eruption. Curious If anyone has studied this strategy to see what actually works better. I'd love to see the conclusion.

1 pt PPR

CHOOSE 1

Henry at Miami
Warren Vs New England
Hubbard at New Orleans

Leaning Warren or Hubbard as I feel the Titans will be down early, which means less Henry.

.5 ppr for whoever wants it

Roschon Johnson v Lions (my lean)
Brandin Cooks v Eagles (but he's been red hot)
Cooks. Cowboys are going to light up Philly through the air. Cooks will get some of that. Roschon might not even lead the backfield this week. Who knows with Chicago?

This has been my weekly WDIS.

Standard scoring non-ppr. I need 3 out of this group:

A. Jones vs NYG - probably still out and I would wait a game anyhow
J. Ford vs JAC - Decent last week but still splitting with Hunt
Olave vs CAR - Good stats last week and it may be better with Winston
Pittman vs CIN - I don't see how I can sit him at this point
D. Smith vs DAL - Going up against a tough defense in primetime; Has been getting tons of targets since Goedart has been out.

Although I usually lean toward RB in non-ppr, I'm thinking all three WR's.

Thoughts?
I’d go with the 3 WR’s. I think Philly bs Dallas will be a high scoring affair. AJ Brown will get all the attention from Dallas D and that will leave Smith as the go to guy this game

Pick 2. 1/2 pt ppr 0.1 pts for every yard

Kyren Williams @ Bal
De’Von Achane vs Tenn
Saquon Barkley vs GB
Zack Moss @ Cin
Tony Pollard vs Phil

Full PPR Flex (need 1)
  • Moss at CIN
  • Warren v NE (TNF)
  • Hall v HOU
  • Reed at NYG (MNF)
heavy favorite, 65-70% win probability over the last place team, not worried about playoff seeding as the top 3 spots are unlikely to change this weekend
Moss no question. Set it and forget it

playoff week for me

I can start Goff at Chicago with bad weather forecasted

or

QB Browning CIN at home vs Indy

I'm considering Browning seriously
I’ve fallen for that bad weather trap before and seen my guys light up the scoreboard while they’re on my bench. Go with Goff

4pt passing TD/-2 int

G.Smith/Sea @ SF
J.Browning/Cin v Ind

1ppr pick 1 flex

J.Downs/Ind @ Cin
D.Johnson/Pit v NE (Thu & Trubisky)
T.Spears/Ten @ Mia (no Henry concussion)
D.Pierce/Hou @ NYJ

Geno had a great game in a bad road match-up last week, but the Niners feel like a different beast. Leaning Browning but not excited about it.

My weekly flex mess...if Henry was out, Spears would be a no-brainer...Trubisky on a short week, Johnson feels very risky...Pierce needs to fall in the end zone to payoff...Downs feels like the safe play, but the ceiling is low.
Geno seems to be heating up so roll with him. As for your flex I’m sad to say you’re probably screwed no matter who you pick, but out of the choices I’d take a shot on Tyjae. He might get more opportunities due to Henry not being 100% or the Titans getting blown out. The kid looks pretty damn good when he gets his chances

Pick 4 WRs (this is a Guillotine league so yeah I have a lot of good ones to pick from):

Jefferson
Adams
Devonta Smith
Waddle
Rice
DK

Down to final 5 so I kind of need the home-run hitters BUT also want to be on the safe side, too.

Need 1 flex;

Ridley @ cincy (weather and ? if Trevor is playin)
K. Mitchell v. Rams (weather?)

or could pu N. Brown (@Jets), E. Moore(v. Jax), or J. Reed (@ Giants)

Need 1 flex;

Ridley @ cincy (weather and ? if Trevor is playin)
K. Mitchell v. Rams (weather?)

or could pu N. Brown (@Jets), E. Moore(v. Jax), or J. Reed (@ Giants)
I like Brown. Jets will be trying to shut down amici. can is probably going to throw for 200-250 yards with a Touchdown or two. I like Brown for about 70 yards and a good chance at a TD

Huge week for me . If I win then I wrap up 1st place.. My Wr's are brutal though.. I need two of these in a .5 PPR.. Help!!!

Ridley vs Clev
JSN vs SF
Noah Brown vs Jets
Jeudy vs Chargers..

Have JSM & Brown in there as of today..

TIA

Last edited:
Ridley (vs CLE) or Jayden Reed (vs NYG) in half PPR? I’m concerned about the JAX QB.

Dobbs (vs LV) or Geno Smith (vs SF). 4 per passing TD. I’m concerned Dobbs can get pulled.
Ridley.

Dobbs. I think he is inline for a top 12 week coming off of 2 weeks of prep, getting JJ back, playing indoors, and playing a suspect passing D. Minnesota cannot run the ball at all, so 35 attempts for Dobbs is possible. JJ, Addison, BCHock are a dynamic trio.

Huge week for me . If I win then I wrap up 1st place.. My Wr's are brutal though.. I need two of these in a .5 PPR.. Help!!!

Ridley vs Clev
JSM vs SF
Noah Brown vs Jets
Jeudy vs Chargers..

TIA
I might be really dumb, but do you mean JSN?

Thank you to everyone for picking up the slack last week. I know I was unresponsive to my normal output and I apologize. TBH I am not sure how much time I am going to put into this thread going forward. I've been very busy and, lately I find this thread to be exhausting and no longer fun.

Thanks again to everyone for your continuing participation. I believe people find value in here and it's because so many are willing to be helpful.

You're the best.
Hi Chaka - completely understand, and it's crazy but when the season is over you're really gonna miss it! lol You're advice is greatly appreciated! - here's my last request:

Mattison @ LVR
Ridley @ Cle
Cooks hm vs Philly
Goedert @ Dall
Everett hm Denver

Hello - anybody?

Also: Would anyone consider sitting Nico Collins vs the Jets and sauce Gardner? I could flex in Mattison for him vs LVR?

Bug game for me this week - hoping for some feedback. I'll respond to yours. Thanks!

You're the best.

Mattison @ LVR
Ridley @ Cle
Cooks hm vs Philly
Goedert @ Dall
Everett hm Denver

Hello - anybody?

Also: Would anyone consider sitting Nico Collins vs the Jets and sauce Gardner? I could flex in Mattison for him vs LVR?

Bug game for me this week - hoping for some feedback. I'll respond to yours. Thanks!
I start Cooks because he is coming on lately and the matchup is excellent. If you are skeptical then probably Mattison and hope for some kind of volume. Ridley is a big risk with a healthy Lawrence and a good matchup.

Goedert is the TE I like because he is simply the better player.

I don't sit Nico. He gets 10+ targets when Dell is in the lineup, he could see 20 this week. Even against the Jets in bad weather.

So I have a couple of dilemmas... 1pt PPR/5 Pass TD/ 6 Rush TD w/2 Flex spots...Ford Cle sitting in 1 flex (I'm open to replacing him for 2 non QB's below)

First at QB... JFields home vs Det; hasn't thrown the ball well, but i do have DMoore stacked, OR JLove at NYG poor pass def w/Watson a ? and AJones coming back

second; Flex: which Bal RB do you run with Gus or Mitchell? will Gus fall into the end zone, or do you like Mitchell's ceiling?...or THiggins Cin or GDavis Buf?

.5 ppr for whoever wants it

Roschon Johnson v Lions (my lean)
Brandin Cooks v Eagles (but he's been red hot)

More than likely it's RJ but not 100% sure it won't be a time share w/Det pretty solid, currently #7 vs the run giving up 12.8ppg... PHI is first vs RB's giving up 10ppg, so Dal will probably be throwing the ball to win in...I like BCooks
(depending on who's stat lines you're looking at)

Big week, need all the help i can get. Trying to take down team in 1st, I'm 2nd
1ppr
Who to start
2rbs,3wrs or TE, plus 1 Flex

Players: Rbs -Mc Caf- no brainer
J. Jacobs
K. Williams

WRs
Kelce- Counts as WR
N. Collins
K. Allen
P. Nacua
D. Adams
N. Brown

who would you play this week if it was your team? 2-RBS and 4WRs or 3RBs and 3WRs

Ridley vs Clev
JSN vs SF
Noah Brown vs Jets
Jeudy vs Chargers..

TIA
My choice too. good luck!

Hello - anybody?

Going against the grain here but I go Mattison.

Ridley vs Clev
JSM vs SF
Noah Brown vs Jets
Jeudy vs Chargers..

TIA
I might be really dumb, but do you mean JSN?
yeah... typo..
Gotta go Ridley and JSN. With Stroud’s o/u on passing yardage at 215, no chance you can consider Brown.

Big week, need all the help i can get. Trying to take down team in 1st, I'm 2nd
1ppr
Who to start
2rbs,3wrs or TE, plus 1 Flex

Players: Rbs -Mc Caf- no brainer
J. Jacobs
K. Williams

WRs
Kelce- Counts as WR
N. Collins
K. Allen
P. Nacua
D. Adams
N. Brown

who would you play this week if it was your team? 2-RBS and 4WRs or 3RBs and 3WRs
K. Williams
Allen/Kelsey/Adams/Nacua

So I have a couple of dilemmas... 1pt PPR/5 Pass TD/ 6 Rush TD w/2 Flex spots...Ford Cle sitting in 1 flex (I'm open to replacing him for 2 non QB's below)

First at QB... JFields home vs Det; hasn't thrown the ball well, but i do have DMoore stacked, OR JLove at NYG poor pass def w/Watson a ? and AJones coming back

second; Flex: which Bal RB do you run with Gus or Mitchell? will Gus fall into the end zone, or do you like Mitchell's ceiling?...or THiggins Cin or GDavis Buf?
Fields. Hate Love’s prospects this week with no Watson (most likely).

Mitchell for sure. Gus is 100% TD dependent.

You're the best.

Mattison @ LVR
Ridley @ Cle
Cooks hm vs Philly
Goedert @ Dall
Everett hm Denver

Hello - anybody?

Tough to bench Nico over someone like Mattison. Mattison has shown zero ability to be relevant in the pass game and MIN hates running the football.

Kyren Williams @ Bal
De’Von Achane vs Tenn
Saquon Barkley vs GB
Zack Moss @ Cin
Tony Pollard vs Phil
Moss - getting everything he can handle, including passing game.
Pollard - Eagles defense is really, really bad.
KW - getting a lot of the work, but Bal is no joke at home.
Saquon - GB defense has looked really good during their winning streak.
Achane. - most of his work came during garbage(ish) time last week.

Kyren Williams @ Bal
De’Von Achane vs Tenn
Saquon Barkley vs GB
Zack Moss @ Cin
Tony Pollard vs Phil
Thanks for your detailed perspective. Crazy that I have CMC and Zeke as well. I left Zeke on the bench and obviously always start CMC

I have a $250 entry in the WCFF on Fanduel. Only players playing Sunday afternoon are available. Currently my WRs are Shakir, Rice, and Woods. Any thoughts on cheap WR sleepers for the week?

Currently have Bijan and Ford in my lineup. Thoughts on pivoting to CEH and freeing up money for WR (I'm not seeing a must have expensive WR but open to suggestions)

D question.

* MIA D vs TN -- Levis has been pretty bad since that first start. Miami could get up big and then pin its ears back.

or

* GB D @NYG - GB playing well now, getting healthier on D. NYG usually a smash start for the opposing D, but Devito actually hasn't been that bad. Could see Saquon being able to run on GB. Maybe NYGs play GB tougher than people expect at home.

Which?

Thanks

Kyren Williams @ Bal
De’Von Achane vs Tenn
Saquon Barkley vs GB
Zack Moss @ Cin
Tony Pollard vs Phil
Thanks for your detailed perspective. Crazy that I have CMC and Zeke as well. I left Zeke on the bench and obviously always start CMC
Nobody can fault you for leaving Zeke on the bench. If you had a crystal ball you certainly would not be on this forum. Good luck to you this week!

Users who are viewing this thread