What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

I have a $250 entry in the WCFF on Fanduel. Only players playing Sunday afternoon are available. Currently my WRs are Shakir, Rice, and Woods. Any thoughts on cheap WR sleepers for the week?

Currently have Bijan and Ford in my lineup. Thoughts on pivoting to CEH and freeing up money for WR (I'm not seeing a must have expensive WR but open to suggestions)
Is it PPR? If so, could you pivot to McKinnon in lieu of CEH?

.5 ppr need 1 but pick 2

Hall v Hou - I have played him every week and with his hammy I am concerned about a bad week - more so if it's wet
Roschon v Detroit
CEH v Buffalo

D question.

* MIA D vs TN -- Levis has been pretty bad since that first start. Miami could get up big and then pin its ears back.

or

* GB D @NYG - GB playing well now, getting healthier on D. NYG usually a smash start for the opposing D, but Devito actually hasn't been that bad. Could see Saquon being able to run on GB. Maybe NYGs play GB tougher than people expect at home.

Which?

Thanks
I would go GB because I am afraid of the garbage time BS that TEN could put up. Weird take, I know.

Thanks in advance!

0.5 PPR - 12 Team League.

Doubs or Ferguson in a WR/TE flex (assuming Watson out)?

K Walker or Ford (assuming KWIII active)?

Thanks!

Thank you to everyone for picking up the slack last week. I know I was unresponsive to my normal output and I apologize. TBH I am not sure how much time I am going to put into this thread going forward. I've been very busy and, lately I find this thread to be exhausting and no longer fun.

Thanks again to everyone for your continuing participation. I believe people find value in here and it's because so many are willing to be helpful.

You're the best.
Hi Chaka - completely understand, and it's crazy but when the season is over you're really gonna miss it! lol You're advice is greatly appreciated! - here's my last request:

1/2 point ppr - I need 1 Flex and 1 TE starter from these guys:

Mattison @ LVR
Ridley @ Cle
Cooks hm vs Philly
Goedert @ Dall
Everett hm Denver

One for the road, Thanks in advance for your great service!
Hello - anybody?

Also: Would anyone consider sitting Nico Collins vs the Jets and sauce Gardner? I could flex in Mattison for him vs LVR?

Bug game for me this week - hoping for some feedback. I'll respond to yours. Thanks!
Tough to bench Nico over someone like Mattison. Mattison has shown zero ability to be relevant in the pass game and MIN hates running the football.

Can someone advise on who to start between these 3 at Flex (1/2 pt ppr, 7 catch earns bonus for Rb's)

Mattison vs LVR - something tells me Vikes may try to run more after Dobbs implosions lately - maybe Matty will fall into the endzone for once? (I'm still starting Nico)

Clyde Edwards Helaire hm vs Buff. Pacheco is out and KC is running more lately. Is he a sneaky upside play?

B Cooks hm vs Philly - he's been scoring but only gets around 4-5 targets a game. If he doesn't score I'm left with not much.

Thanks in advance - I'll help with yours.

Thanks for doing this each week Chaka, great reading and much appreciated!

Got a couple for ya

4 pt passing TD, 6 pt rushing TD:
Herbert v Denver
Fields v Detroit

1 pt PPR, need an RB and a Flex:
Mostert v Tennessee
Montgomery @ Chicago
CEH v Buffalo
J Cook @ Kansas City
C Ridley @ Cleveland
N Collins @ New York Jets

Thanks again!

Got a couple for ya

Herbert v Denver
Fields v Detroit

Mostert v Tennessee
Montgomery @ Chicago
CEH v Buffalo
J Cook @ Kansas City
C Ridley @ Cleveland

Thanks again!
Fields

Monty and nico

Thanks for all the advice over the weeks. Will make playoff in 5of 6 leagues.

In my superflex league, I’ve been streaming my qb2 since Burrow went down. For this week, I need to decide between:

Carr vs Carolina -
Ridder vs TB

In another league I’m torn at defense:

Dallas vs PHI
Indy vs CIN

Thank you to everyone for picking up the slack last week. I know I was unresponsive to my normal output and I apologize. TBH I am not sure how much time I am going to put into this thread going forward. I've been very busy and, lately I find this thread to be exhausting and no longer fun.

Thanks again to everyone for your continuing participation. I believe people find value in here and it's because so many are willing to be helpful.

You're the best.
Hi Chaka - completely understand, and it's crazy but when the season is over you're really gonna miss it! lol You're advice is greatly appreciated! - here's my last request:

1/2 point ppr - I need 1 Flex and 1 TE starter from these guys:

Mattison @ LVR
Ridley @ Cle
Cooks hm vs Philly
Goedert @ Dall
Everett hm Denver

One for the road, Thanks in advance for your great service!
Hello - anybody?

Also: Would anyone consider sitting Nico Collins vs the Jets and sauce Gardner? I could flex in Mattison for him vs LVR?

Bug game for me this week - hoping for some feedback. I'll respond to yours. Thanks!
Tough to bench Nico over someone like Mattison. Mattison has shown zero ability to be relevant in the pass game and MIN hates running the football.

Can someone advise on who to start between these 3 at Flex (1/2 pt ppr, 7 catch earns bonus for Rb's)

Mattison vs LVR - something tells me Vikes may try to run more after Dobbs implosions lately - maybe Matty will fall into the endzone for once? (I'm still starting Nico)

Clyde Edwards Helaire hm vs Buff. Pacheco is out and KC is running more lately. Is he a sneaky upside play?

B Cooks hm vs Philly - he's been scoring but only gets around 4-5 targets a game. If he doesn't score I'm left with not much.

Thanks in advance - I'll help with yours.
I still start Cooks. He's been playing a bigger role, producing and the matchup couldn't be better

Mattison is a decent option with a good matchup too but I prefer Cooks.

CEH's role is just not really known. Maybe he gets ops, maybe it's McKinnon. Who knows. Also, not a great matchup.

Got a couple for ya

Herbert v Denver
Fields v Detroit

Mostert v Tennessee
Montgomery @ Chicago
CEH v Buffalo
J Cook @ Kansas City
C Ridley @ Cleveland

Thanks again!
Fields
Monty-Cook

In my superflex league, I’ve been streaming my qb2 since Burrow went down. For this week, I need to decide between:

Carr vs Carolina -
Ridder vs TB

Dallas vs PHI
Indy vs CIN
this is flip a coin buuuuuut:
Carr
Dallas

Carr vs Carolina -
Ridder vs TB

Dallas vs PHI
Indy vs CIN

Ridder and I don't think it is close at all. Carr is dealing with a back, shoulder and 2x concussed this year - risk he might not finish the game.

Coin flip on the DSTs, but I go with the slobberknocker over the marquee matchup bc the latter might have a lot of explosives.

PPR pick 3 RBs

CMC
Kamara
Kyren Williams
Gibbs
Mostert

Consensus PPR ranks

CMC RB1
Kamara RB2

Kyren RB9
Gibbs RB13

Mostert RB19

I'd lean slightly against the grain and roll with Gibbs, but as long as you don't do something stupid with your top two choices it doesn't matter all that much

Got a couple for ya

Herbert v Denver
Fields v Detroit

Fields

Mostert v Tennessee
Montgomery @ Chicago
CEH v Buffalo
J Cook @ Kansas City
C Ridley @ Cleveland

Thanks again!

Monty>Collins > Mostert > James Cook >> Ridley >>>>>>>> CEH

RB - Montgomery
Flex - Collins

PPR:

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX

I’m currently starting CeeDee (vs. PHI) and Mike Evans (@ ATL) at WR and Mostert (vs. TEN) and Gibbs (@ CHI) at RB, with Achane at FLEX.

The guy I’m trying to figure out if I slot in at either WR or FLEX is DJ Moore (vs. DET). I’m having trouble in my noggin putting him in over Evans, and I know if I choose to sit either Achane or Mostert, I’m gonna choose the wrong one.

Thoughts?

Kincaid started out season being droppable. I held. I made a big move for Kittle. I don't know what was worse starting waiver guys or deciding and missing on which one to start every week. Ha ha. Had Kittle in lineup all week. Now with Geno out, will Niners even throw it? Back to Kincaid in a hopeful shootout with Chiefs. My problems are real..

Kincaid started out season being droppable. I held. I made a big move for Kittle. I don't know what was worse starting waiver guys or deciding and missing on which one to start every week. Ha ha. Had Kittle in lineup all week. Now with Geno out, will Niners even throw it? Back to Kincaid in a hopeful shootout with Chiefs. My problems are real..
I like that reasoning to go Kincaid.

Struggling with my own FA? and game dynamics predictions in a must win.

Ridley vs Cle
Doubs vs Giants

Ridley was my 'next man up' WR2 after Dell went down and I picked up Doubs - given the Watson injury/cupcake opponent. Brain currently tied in a knot, but MFL/ESPN have them for similar projections so probably not a right answer here.

I like that call.

Struggling with my own FA? in a must win.

Ridley vs Cle
Doubs vs Giants

Ridley was my 'next man up' WR2 after Dell went down and I picked up Doubs - given the Watson injury/cupcake opponent. Brain currently tied in a knot, but MFL/ESPN have them for similar projections so probably not a right answer here.
It's close for me. Ridleys that upside guy who can get u 3 or 20. Lawrence not 100%, at Cleveland. Give me Doubs with no Watson on a gut call.

12 Team 1 PPR

Need 2

Elijah Moore- Flacco Favorite
Ferguson- has been hot and Philly weak vs TE
Addison- JJ back, already starting Hock
Ridley- tough matchup, TLaw starting, Zay playing and Kirk out
A. Jones- tough to trust

SF, PPR

Pick one
Garrett Wilson vs Houston
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Beckham vs the Rams

Leaning Diontae.
I started Diontae which worked ok.
Now, considering benching ekeler vs Denver for G Wilson.

The more important question imo is The Super flex spot.
Joe Flacco vs Jax
Devito vs Green Bay MNF
Carr vs Carolina.

I feel Carr should be the safer pick but he hasn’t been good lately. Flacco vs Jax seems to have better upside but also seems like he could lay an egg.

Or, I can start OBJ instead of the second QB. Dak is my QB1. This week is going to be tight for a higher seed but winning probably doesn’t get me a bye week and losing keeps me in the playoffs.

.5 ppr

D. Goedert or B. Jordan

Tough considering Goedert was my worst pick this season. Unbelievable how bad he’s been.

PPR pick 3 RBs

CMC
Kamara
Kyren Williams
Gibbs
Mostert

Consensus PPR ranks

CMC RB1
Kamara RB2

Kyren RB9
Gibbs RB13

Mostert RB19

I'd lean slightly against the grain and roll with Gibbs, but as long as you don't do something stupid with your top two choices it doesn't matter all that much
It always matters I started Gibbs over Achane in the other league last week Gibss got 6 pts and Achane 25. It is always the "close" calls you get blown up on.

Also rankings are always wrong they had Swift over Zeke and had Zeke at RB22 when Zeke was going to smash and he did smash. Rankings are seldom right and usually lead you astray.

SF, PPR

Pick one
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Beckham vs the Rams

Leaning Diontae.

Joe Flacco vs Jax
Devito vs Green Bay MNF
Carr vs Carolina.

I feel Carr should be the safer pick but he hasn’t been good lately. Flacco vs Jax seems to have better upside but also seems like he could lay an egg.

Or, I can start OBJ instead of the second QB. Dak is my QB1. This week is going to be tight for a higher seed but winning probably doesn’t get me a bye week and losing keeps me in the playoffs.
Carr is safer if he plays the whole game (esp. with Taysom out) but it looks like Flacco is still slinging pretty well so I would go with one of those two.

SF, PPR

Pick one
Diontae Johnson vs NE
Beckham vs the Rams

Leaning Diontae.

Joe Flacco vs Jax
Devito vs Green Bay MNF
Carr vs Carolina.

Carr is safer if he plays the whole game (esp. with Taysom out) but it looks like Flacco is still slinging pretty well so I would go with one of those two.
With Taysom and shaheed out I benched Carr. 👍🏽 Now watch him ball out

PPR pick 3 RBs

CMC
Kamara
Kyren Williams
Gibbs
Mostert

Consensus PPR ranks

CMC RB1
Kamara RB2

Kyren RB9
Gibbs RB13

Mostert RB19

It always matters I started Gibbs over Achane in the other league last week Gibss got 6 pts and Achane 25. It is always the "close" calls you get blown up on.

Also rankings are always wrong they had Swift over Zeke and had Zeke at RB22 when Zeke was going to smash and he did smash. Rankings are seldom right and usually lead you astray.

sounds like you got it all figured out

Still debating whether to start Brandin Cooks vs Eagles at home over Jalen Waddle vs Titans (half ppr)

Consensus is clearly Waddle, but Cooks has outscored him like 3/last 4 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread